Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,527 members, 7,816,285 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

Why I Am Afraid Of Success - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why I Am Afraid Of Success (172 Views)

Secrets Of Success In Relationships & Marriages! - Lifetime Business! / Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless / Why I Withdrew My Suit Against EFCC — Innoson CEO Innocent Chukwuma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why I Am Afraid Of Success by osademeoyahoo(m): 12:12pm On Sep 29, 2020
Many times we want to become successful in the areas of our lives that are important to us. From our family to career to investments we all want to know the pleasures of success. Yet if we are honest there are times we are very close to achieving success and we do things to sabotage our future. Why is that?

John Maxwell has been teaching leadership for many years. One of the principles he shares on leadership is called 'The Law of the Lid". This law states that each of us has a ceiling on how high we can rise up the success ladder. When we get to the top of our ladder anything that would cause us to go higher is sabotaged by our own thinking. People are not able to rise above the lids they have erected for their lives unless they learn how to raise the lid.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-GFUxkO2mul8/X2iLvfqa4wI/AAAAAAAAFcI/1YO47KQQAH4KwtSWVal6v0pbKNFYsiFQACPcBGAYYCw/s2048/DSC_1832.JPG[/img]
Hotel bar at Lagos in Igando, A&U Hotel and Suite
Think about professional athletes. Most come from poor or middle income families and have never had real wealth before. They sign contracts worth millions and now they have access to huge amounts of cash. Most of these athletes squander their new found wealth and after their career is over they are back to being poor. Some discover how to use wealth to their advantage and make more money retired than they did as an athlete (look at Shaquille O'Neal and Michael Jordan who both became extremely wealthy after their basketball careers were over.

It is common to hear about people who cannot seem to do better. The problem may come from the fact that these people have never seen themselves doing better and are afraid if they do too good it may alienate them from their friends and family. Misery loves company. Poor people are not rooting for their friends to become rich. Middle class people don't push others to do better than they are doing. Sadly the only person you should know for sure is pushing you to succeed is you. No one wants you to do better than you

It's possible to be afraid of becoming wealthy or having real success. The status quo is where our greatest comfort level exists but you cannot become successful settling for status quo. It requires taking risks and looking outside the traditional box to find the dream you are looking for. Leaving what is to go to what can be is the key to finding lasting success. Don't let fear or lack of experience keep you from reaching for your dreams

Supported by. www.anu-hotel.com A&U Hotel and Suite

Re: Why I Am Afraid Of Success by Erislogia: 2:25pm On Sep 29, 2020
cool

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Science Of Free Samples On FreeStuffsNg.com? / This Is What You Need To Know If You Must Build A Profitable Fashion Brand. / Recommend Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.