Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Why I Will Dump DSTV And Move To TSTV - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Will Dump DSTV And Move To TSTV (7780 Views)

4 PDP Governors, BoT Members To Atiku: We Will Dump Your Campaign If Ayu Resigns / Why Mohammed Abubakar Will Dump Buhari For Atiku In 2019 – Nasiru Darazo / Why Tambuwal Will Dump APC – Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Will Dump DSTV And Move To TSTV by princepee: 8:21pm On Sep 29, 2020
Hope there have planned well this time around, cox dstv will not be sleeping ooo. There would do anything to frustrate them.
Re: Why I Will Dump DSTV And Move To TSTV by LukasPodolski: 8:22pm On Sep 29, 2020
ednut1:
https://www.premierleague.com/news/1226895. This says otherwise. 200m naira is not even up to 1m usd. Stop typing crap.

MultiChoice pays about $250 million dollars for the rights to the EPL and about 100 million Euros for the UEFA Champions League, another football property the company may have to jettison if it wants to stay in business, explained the source.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2020/07/01/multichoice-mulls-dropping-epl-uefa-broadcast-rights/amp/
my bad I meant $ not naira. (just a mistake from my side here)

Nonetheless, If TSTV have the money, then they are good to go and also with the support of Nigerian Govt.
Re: Why I Will Dump DSTV And Move To TSTV by Anyiamaka: 8:37pm On Sep 29, 2020
Nigerians self! People who saw Buhari rule from 1983 to 1985 successively voted against him in 2003, 2007, 2011 only to elect him in 2015 and further re elect him in 2019!
Na wa o

1 Like

Re: Why I Will Dump DSTV And Move To TSTV by MalaikaEH(f): 8:55pm On Sep 29, 2020
If TSTV is really coming out better, especially in our area, we will settle for it. We installed a free to air decoder to sit side by side with the DStv decoder in our sitting room after we discovered that the reason DSTV is reaping off Nigerians is because of football. Majority of us are not football fanatics, so we can afford to delay DStv subscription while we fill the gap with the other decoder. At least, nobody owes the younger siblings excuses, because the TV will still be showing something.

If you are a Nigerian in Nigeria, and you are not addicted to watching live football, it's high time you got and fixed an alternative to DStv. It is the only solution to their arrogance.
Re: Why I Will Dump DSTV And Move To TSTV by ednut1(m): 9:01pm On Sep 29, 2020
LukasPodolski:

my bad I meant $ not naira. (just a mistake from my side here)

Nonetheless, If TSTV have the money, then they are good to go and also with the support of Nigerian Govt.
am sure you dont know about hitv
Re: Why I Will Dump DSTV And Move To TSTV by Wednesdayy: 9:28pm On Sep 29, 2020
[s]
Afamed:
I will surely buy Niger to grow Niger. I sincerely hope TSTV Will get it right this time around
[/s]
Re: Why I Will Dump DSTV And Move To TSTV by WoeBetide666: 9:37pm On Sep 29, 2020
This post was proudly sponsored by TSTV
Re: Why I Will Dump DSTV And Move To TSTV by Wednesdayy: 9:46pm On Sep 29, 2020
[s]
JAMO84:
I am smashing all my two dstv receivers
[/s]
Re: Why I Will Dump DSTV And Move To TSTV by angelfallz(m): 10:30pm On Sep 29, 2020
DStv still remains the best. However, with the advent of streaming, the future is bleak for cable Tv. So far this season, i have been streaming all the matches that i want to watch.
Re: Why I Will Dump DSTV And Move To TSTV by edoairways: 10:34pm On Sep 29, 2020
amc:
Where is the proof that TSTV has the broadcast rights for the English Premier League?
Tstv doesn't have the right to broadcast EPL, football lovers have to stick to the alternative
Re: Why I Will Dump DSTV And Move To TSTV by edoairways: 10:40pm On Sep 29, 2020
MalaikaEH:
If TSTV is really coming out better, especially in our area, we will settle for it. We installed a free to air decoder to sit side by side with the DStv decoder in our sitting room after we discovered that the reason DSTV is reaping off Nigerians is because of football. Majority of us are not football fanatics, so we can afford to delay DStv subscription while we fill the gap with the other decoder. At least, nobody owes the younger siblings excuses, because the TV will still be showing something.

If you are a Nigerian in Nigeria, and you are not addicted to watching live football, it's high time you got and fixed an alternative to DStv. It is the only solution to their arrogance.
I agree with you. However can tstv compete with the content shown by DStv aside football?. Remember they have zee world,telemundo, etc that shows series for certain categories of persons. Don't forget they have exclusive rights to certain nollywood movies, music channels,CNN etc
Re: Why I Will Dump DSTV And Move To TSTV by obontami: 11:18pm On Sep 29, 2020
I still think TStv will flop real bad breh. Something like Hitv breh!

Iranu!
Re: Why I Will Dump DSTV And Move To TSTV by MalaikaEH(f): 4:17am On Sep 30, 2020
edoairways:

I agree with you. However can tstv compete with the content shown by DStv aside football?. Remember they have zee world,telemundo, etc that shows series for certain categories of persons. Don't forget they have exclusive rights to certain nollywood movies, music channels,CNN etc

That is their strategy: get you addicted to two or three channels and you pay for 200 Channels without thinking. They should keep those rights and channels to themselves. DStv cured us of that addiction by themselves. At the time they removed DStv Access and forced us to enter Yanga by force in July, we had no problem with it, because Yanga came with many channels and programs which we liked, including the CNN you are flaunting here. We even did three months subscription of Yanga in a row which expired earlier this month. Within the period, most of the stations and programs have been reshuffled and removed by DSTV including CNN, thereby curing us of addiction to them.

Before now, I could not believe that I can stay without watching the teienovellas on Televista. But here we are, getting addicted to other channels on another decoder. Mind you, it is not yet TSTV. They are more stable and it will be difficult to leave them and return to DStv.
Re: Why I Will Dump DSTV And Move To TSTV by loopman: 5:04am On Sep 30, 2020
TonyeBarcanista:
When TSTV was launched in 2017, I was excited about the prospect of a pan Nigerian cable TV providers with amazing services. But despite my excitement, I was reluctant to subscribe to their service because of the Hitv experience. Unfortunately, Few months into launch in 2017, TSTV ran into troubled waters and couldn't hold its ground in the Pay TV market.

Fast forward to year 2020, the brand announced relaunch into the industry, appointed professionals into management, and showed signs that it has the capacity to deliver better and unprecedented pay tv services.

Today, being September 29, the company held a press conference, where the MD, the Head of Corporate Affairs, Demola Olarewaju, and other management staff, gave details of what to expect on TSTV; that would be officially launched across Nigeria.

From what I observed during the press conference, I can confidently say that TSTV really mean serious business this time around.

Haven said the above, here are some of the reasons I will be porting to the TSTV from October 1, 2020

1. TSTV has shown capacity to deliver value for service with their Pay As You View, PAYV. Same PAYV that Multichoice consistently claimed is impossible.

2. TSTV offers wide of channels from all the major football leagues, including English Premier League, Laliga, Serie A etc. They also offer several movie and news channels to choose from; all in high definition.

Therefore, I have the luxury to pay for only what I watch.

3. The price range for all TSTV channels is highly affordable. I don't have to pay exorbitant rates for bouquet just because I want to watch Champions League, English Premier League or Laliga.

In addition, TSTV offers some free to air channels unlike DSTV

4. Multichoice have become extremely arrogant with how they treat Nigerians. They hike their service charge abruptly without giving a damn to the yearnings of Nigerians. Worse still their services are terrible and subscribers pay for channels they don't watch at exorbitant rates.

5. Finally, being a Nigerian brand, TSTV deserve patronage of all.

Demola don employ you ?
Re: Why I Will Dump DSTV And Move To TSTV by MVLOX(m): 5:33am On Sep 30, 2020
Now we wait....
Re: Why I Will Dump DSTV And Move To TSTV by HotPoundedYam(m): 7:13am On Sep 30, 2020
TonyeBarcanista:
When TSTV was launched in 2017, I was excited about the prospect of a pan Nigerian cable TV providers with amazing services. But despite my excitement, I was reluctant to subscribe to their service because of the Hitv experience. Unfortunately, Few months into launch in 2017, TSTV ran into troubled waters and couldn't hold its ground in the Pay TV market.

Fast forward to year 2020, the brand announced relaunch into the industry, appointed professionals into management, and showed signs that it has the capacity to deliver better and unprecedented pay tv services.

Today, being September 29, the company held a press conference, where the MD, the Head of Corporate Affairs, Demola Olarewaju, and other management staff, gave details of what to expect on TSTV; that would be officially launched across Nigeria.

From what I observed during the press conference, I can confidently say that TSTV really mean serious business this time around.

Haven said the above, here are some of the reasons I will be porting to the TSTV from October 1, 2020

1. TSTV has shown capacity to deliver value for service with their Pay As You View, PAYV. Same PAYV that Multichoice consistently claimed is impossible.

2. TSTV offers wide of channels from all the major football leagues, including English Premier League, Laliga, Serie A etc. They also offer several movie and news channels to choose from; all in high definition.

3. The price range for all TSTV channels is highly affordable. I don't have to pay exorbitant rates for bouquet just because I want to watch Champions League, English Premier League or Laliga.

4. Multichoice have become extremely arrogant with how they treat Nigerians. They hike their service charge abruptly without giving a damn to the yearnings of Nigerians. Worse still their services are terrible and subscribers pay for channels they don't watch at exorbitant rates.

how much were you paid for the advert
Re: Why I Will Dump DSTV And Move To TSTV by cocolacec(m): 7:25am On Sep 30, 2020
toscolee:
6. The cash remains here, our ECONOMY benefits.

7. More jobs for Nigerians, thereby reducing unemployment.

Finally, please, please and please, I no be ajebutter, so I know it's not easy in the least, but we need more entrepreneurs in Nigeria.
Don't look for work until you end up tearing your certificate in anger and frustration.
The school environment, relationships you built, and intellectual training you received are not waste, your problem is perception.
Don't look for work, create work.
Start at the level you find yourself, even if it means selling gala in traffic, just have a dream you aim to fulfill.

Learn a new skill,Gala hawking in traffic is dangerous.Selling Gala is putting money into the British pocket (slave master).
Re: Why I Will Dump DSTV And Move To TSTV by uboma(m): 6:03pm On Oct 02, 2020
@TonyeBarcanista,

What is the update please? Have your purchased your TSTV decoder?

I looked up their website yesterday but did not find their phone number which one can call to make enquiries.

My DStv will expire in the coming weeks, I truly do not want to renew the subscription.
Re: Why I Will Dump DSTV And Move To TSTV by Huzormah(m): 6:26pm On Oct 02, 2020
Tstv should get their shit straight. Because irrespective of multichoice's exploitative tendencies,their constant failures have made nigerians apprehensive to their laudable idea of giving us an alternative .
I would advocate patience on our part,and see how it progresses.

N.B:change is never easy .
Re: Why I Will Dump DSTV And Move To TSTV by foxxydude: 7:11am On Oct 16, 2020
TonyeBarcanista:

Lol 2020

Guy how far
Re: Why I Will Dump DSTV And Move To TSTV by dadavivo: 7:24am On Oct 16, 2020
TonyeBarcanista:

Since September you posted this, can you now show us the pictures of your tstv , they say seeing is believing

1 Like

Re: Why I Will Dump DSTV And Move To TSTV by Wally11(m): 4:14pm On Oct 04, 2021
dadavivo:

Since September you posted this, can you now show us the pictures of your tstv , they say seeing is believing

I'm a year and 12 days late but would like to see too as I'm thinking of purchasing Tstv. I don't mind streaming EPL as long as I can watch other leagues. What about Big brother Naija and gulder ultimate search?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BUA Group Chairman, Katsina Gov, Edo First Lady, Others Win Democracy Heroes Awa / The 6th Igbo State Must Be Anioma State- Igbodefender.com / Nigerian Policeman & SARS Operatives Infiltrate & Bust Kidnap Gang

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.