Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

October 1: Sowore Challenges Burna Boy To Join #RevolutionNow Protest - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / October 1: Sowore Challenges Burna Boy To Join #RevolutionNow Protest (34936 Views)

Sowore Challenges Tinubu, Atiku, Obi To Political Debate / Nnamdi Kanu Reacts To Omoyele Sowore’s Arrest By DSS Over #revolutionnow Protest / Omoyele Sowore Challenges Buhari To A Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: October 1: Sowore Challenges Burna Boy To Join #RevolutionNow Protest by solmus: 7:04pm On Sep 29, 2020
I
ruffDiamond:
boy,look in the mirror very well and see who inferiority complex dey worry,whatever part of the sh1thole he was born or the olosho mama wet born am ain't my business.the message is the same..y'all all yorubandits are treacherous traitors not be trusted by any sane person.. y'all worse than just inferiority complex.. y'all f*cking FEAR FEAR COMPLEX personified.. if an abok1 slap for street without provocation, na look you go just dey am..you no fit do NADA!

Ibos really need our prayers with all this display of acrimony online

Don't let hate consume you, lol

Why so bitter guy?!

300 tribes in Nigeria yet it is Yoruba that gives you headache everyday

Re: October 1: Sowore Challenges Burna Boy To Join #RevolutionNow Protest by ModestGal(f): 7:11pm On Sep 29, 2020
light099:
Even though I was all here yesterday evening, commending Burna boy, but really, if all these clowns and entertainers who call themselves activists are placed on historical scale or judged by real standard, all of them would be found wanting.
That is why I spit on ignorant people and shallow fans all over the world who go about regarding entertainers as legends. The word 'legend' is one of the most abused words in recent decades.
The world we live in now, is so much filled with ass lickers who rather follow the crowd than think for themselves.

What's legendary about an overpampered entertainer kicking leather ball around on a field or a froggy who sings blantant crap on the mic?

Fela wasn't that succulent-skinned boy, with a Saxophone inbetween his lips, blowing away crappy sounds to an audience of dumb people. NO.
This is someone who got his ass whooped real bad, many times by the government, in jail and hunger. He used his music to fight for the masses in a dangerous political era. Even while his life was at stake most times, he never stopped fighting.

None of these clowns called entertainers can do 1/100th of this.
I agree, an average Nigerian is dumb, if not Nigeria no fit worse like this

1 Like

Re: October 1: Sowore Challenges Burna Boy To Join #RevolutionNow Protest by 2ScrewsLoose: 7:30pm On Sep 29, 2020
light099:
Even though I was all here yesterday evening, commending Burna boy, but really, if all these clowns and entertainers who call themselves activists are placed on historical scale or judged by real standard, all of them would be found wanting.
That is why I spit on ignorant people and shallow fans all over the world who go about regarding entertainers as legends. The word 'legend' is one of the most abused words in recent decades.
The world we live in now, is so much filled with ass lickers who rather follow the crowd than think for themselves.

What's legendary about an overpampered entertainer kicking leather ball around on a field or a froggy who sings blantant crap on the mic?

Fela wasn't that succulent-skinned boy, with a Saxophone inbetween his lips, blowing away crappy sounds to an audience of dumb people. NO.
This is someone who got his ass whooped real bad, many times by the government, in jail and hunger. He used his music to fight for the masses in a dangerous political era. Even while his life was at stake most times, he never stopped fighting.

Go protest na..! Abeg make we hear word.. You think it's by blabbing, make Fela come protest now na..
Re: October 1: Sowore Challenges Burna Boy To Join #RevolutionNow Protest by TONIOI: 7:33pm On Sep 29, 2020
OoO 2 face and don jazzy please where are u pipo , go and help me tell burner dat he should make sure his gas has finish , he should not try and talk o , heeeeen , if not na stove go be him new name no be burner , una wan put d poor guy for Wahala kwo ?
Re: October 1: Sowore Challenges Burna Boy To Join #RevolutionNow Protest by kukoyi17226: 7:36pm On Sep 29, 2020
nigeria should be agitating for recolonization, not revolutionary.
Re: October 1: Sowore Challenges Burna Boy To Join #RevolutionNow Protest by Bialegend(m): 7:39pm On Sep 29, 2020
What is #RevolutionNow? Do these miscreants still exist?
Re: October 1: Sowore Challenges Burna Boy To Join #RevolutionNow Protest by Elvictor: 7:42pm On Sep 29, 2020
solmus:

Burna boy was born in Ibadan, grew up in Lagos , raised by a mother from Ogun State, born to a Kalabari father who stays in Lagos..

Wetin come bring Ibos into this matter Abi inferiority complex dey worry you

he is from Ahoada west in Rivers State
Re: October 1: Sowore Challenges Burna Boy To Join #RevolutionNow Protest by weslay: 7:47pm On Sep 29, 2020
Sowore had a government that cared for the masses, but you choose to support Sai Baba. Please leave Burna alone. Next time you get the chance, choose wisely.

Me nor dey protest, I vote.
Re: October 1: Sowore Challenges Burna Boy To Join #RevolutionNow Protest by dewuyiebun: 7:49pm On Sep 29, 2020
Don't know why you want to drag musicians into your battle,that's what they do for a living,they could only sing to wake people up from there slumber, when they were struggling to be known, what help did you offer,no musician can ever be like fela so don't try to patronize them to be like him
Re: October 1: Sowore Challenges Burna Boy To Join #RevolutionNow Protest by TemmyT002(m): 7:56pm On Sep 29, 2020
And of he joins, e go make sense o
Imagine if all your favorite singers protest against the government.
But no, they will only be singing about money and big bumbum.
Re: October 1: Sowore Challenges Burna Boy To Join #RevolutionNow Protest by CaseSensitive(m): 8:06pm On Sep 29, 2020
Sowore v Burnaboy 1-1

Re: October 1: Sowore Challenges Burna Boy To Join #RevolutionNow Protest by Nobody: 8:10pm On Sep 29, 2020
Omoslim26:

Pls don't do dis here before your crew crowd dis place with their usual yoruba dis Igbo dis gworo dis conehead dis ipob dis aboki dis
gringrin leave the idiot.
Re: October 1: Sowore Challenges Burna Boy To Join #RevolutionNow Protest by Nobody: 8:12pm On Sep 29, 2020
CaseSensitive:
Sowore v Burnaboy 1-1
For where, him dey hide. Somebody that cooled off in DSS custody for months, sowore might be a charlatan, but burna boy is no better.
Re: October 1: Sowore Challenges Burna Boy To Join #RevolutionNow Protest by ruffDiamond: 9:06pm On Sep 29, 2020
light099:

God bless you my nigga..I'm so loving this!nairaland is full of kids now!they know NOTHING! and won't research! wetin we go do?seun no care ,he just wants the traffic and the money.. like one guy talk ,if bubu catches that burner eh,he go turn to charcoal ..lol

1 Like

Re: October 1: Sowore Challenges Burna Boy To Join #RevolutionNow Protest by Skmoda360(m): 9:16pm On Sep 29, 2020
internationalman:
There are many things to sing about in this country yet Nigeria musicians only sing about Yansh, drugs money, love, etc.

If Fela's alive he would be releasing at least 4 albums every year...

The songs he sang some twenty something years ago are still more relevant than the ones prosperity singing musicians are singing today.
Gbam!!?
Re: October 1: Sowore Challenges Burna Boy To Join #RevolutionNow Protest by Wednesdayy: 9:42pm On Sep 29, 2020
[s]
solmus:
I

Ibos really need our prayers with all this display of acrimony online

Don't let hate consume you, lol

Why so bitter guy?!

300 tribes in Nigeria yet it is Yoruba that gives you headache everyday

[/s]
Re: October 1: Sowore Challenges Burna Boy To Join #RevolutionNow Protest by BuhariAdvocate: 9:50pm On Sep 29, 2020
Mumu burns never stop claiming Yoruba or you think is from Abakaliki.
SlayerForever:
Watch how Yoruba people will make fun of Burna Boy.
Re: October 1: Sowore Challenges Burna Boy To Join #RevolutionNow Protest by SlayerForever: 9:52pm On Sep 29, 2020
BuhariAdvocate:
Mumu burns never stop claiming Yoruba or you think is from Abakaliki.

You're a very big fool. Burna Boy is an Igbo boy.
Re: October 1: Sowore Challenges Burna Boy To Join #RevolutionNow Protest by luluman: 9:54pm On Sep 29, 2020
loveth360:
Odudufraud can't protest.

No Easterner should join odudufraud protest.
Haters have come o.
Re: October 1: Sowore Challenges Burna Boy To Join #RevolutionNow Protest by Wednesdayy: 10:05pm On Sep 29, 2020
[s]
solmus:
grin

Abeg Sowore should free Burna boy

Buhari would gladly cage Burna boy till 2023, and this is counter productive to the struggle and activism

[/s]
Re: October 1: Sowore Challenges Burna Boy To Join #RevolutionNow Protest by StoneColdBiceps(m): 11:41pm On Sep 29, 2020
HeWrites:
Sahara Reporters publisher Omoyele Sowore has called on singer Burna Boy to join the #RevolutionNow protest planned for October 1, Igbere TV reports.

Sowore made the call in a message he shared on social media on Tuesday.

According to the former presidential candidate, many describe Burna Boy as a revolutionary musician and he has been likened to the late afrobeat legend Fela Kuti.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFuK-JHnULR/?igshid=eox7vum2cdzv

Sowore leads a group known as Coalition for Revolution (CORE), organisers of #RevolutionNow protest.

The first protest was staged in August 5, 2019 and the second edition on the same date in 2020.

Igbere TV reports that the October 1 protest is planned to hold in all 36 states across Nigeria as well as in London, Sweden, Netherlands, San Francisco, New York, Washington DC, Germany and Canada.

Burna Boy had not responded to Sowore’s invitation as at the time of filing this report.

The musician has, whoever, said he does not feel good about comparison to Fela.

“I don’t think anybody in their right mind would compare me to Fela.

“Fela is my inspiration and my childhood hero, so if you think comparing me to Fela is honourable, it’s actually not.

“It actually makes me feel weird. Fela was Fela, and if it wasn’t for Fela, there probably wouldn’t be any me, so I don’t understand the comparison,” Igbere TV reports that the Grammy nominee said in a GQ interview earlier in the year.

https://igberetvnews.com/1366410/october-1-sowore-challenges-burna-boy-join-revolutionnow-protest/

My picture has gone viral �� a lot of friends sent me pics behind Burna �

Re: October 1: Sowore Challenges Burna Boy To Join #RevolutionNow Protest by Oshokalo: 12:20am On Sep 30, 2020
internationalman:
There are many things to sing about in this country yet Nigeria musicians only sing about Yansh, drugs money, love, etc.

The songs he sang some twenty something years ago are still more relevant than the ones prosperity singing musicians are singing today.

go sing ur own na make u suffer like fela,na who no get sense abi u think say dem no knw history
Re: October 1: Sowore Challenges Burna Boy To Join #RevolutionNow Protest by Oshokalo: 12:23am On Sep 30, 2020
internationalman:

idris wey try am go ask am wetin obansajo do him carrier,if u hv a upcoming singing brother tell him to sing about yansh and pkekus oh
Re: October 1: Sowore Challenges Burna Boy To Join #RevolutionNow Protest by Oshokalo: 12:25am On Sep 30, 2020
sowore dey find who dem go go down together,Burma run soji
Re: October 1: Sowore Challenges Burna Boy To Join #RevolutionNow Protest by tonididdy(m): 3:46am On Sep 30, 2020
salbis:
Sowore should keep quite. Did he invite Burna when dem dey baptize General Buhari? Make Sowore enjoy the government that he assist in bringing to power. Sai Baba..
... And he's kept same energy in trying to unsupport the same government
Am sure you were one of the Buhari supporters at the earliest stages, we all were, the promises were too enticing, we all fell for it.
The question is... Have you kept same energy to speak against the same government when you found out you were played?
Stop the blame game, the least you Yoruba folks can do is to support your own.
Re: October 1: Sowore Challenges Burna Boy To Join #RevolutionNow Protest by dederocs(m): 5:32am On Sep 30, 2020
MazamazaAliyu:
cheesy walai, if Bubu catch Burna ehn he will know that he's way too small

WANT TO LEARN PROJECT/RESEARCH ANALYSIS WITH SPSS & EVIEWS? OR JUST LET US HANDLE YOUR ACADEMIC PROJECT/RESEARCH?

Pls click my name to reach us
what is your point sad
Re: October 1: Sowore Challenges Burna Boy To Join #RevolutionNow Protest by Sinistami(m): 6:26am On Sep 30, 2020
epondudu:
Burnaboy na correct igbo guy with sense, my yoruba people will be the 1st to sell him out.....na person wey get life dey chop life..

Ehhmm,,, Burna boy ain't Igbo.
Re: October 1: Sowore Challenges Burna Boy To Join #RevolutionNow Protest by Sinistami(m): 6:33am On Sep 30, 2020
solmus:

Burna boy was born in Ibadan, grew up in Lagos , raised by a mother from Ogun State, born to a Kalabari father who stays in Lagos..

Wetin come bring Ibos into this matter Abi inferiority complex dey worry you

His father's Engenne shaa... But still thank you oo.. Some of them are even saying he's Igbo.
Re: October 1: Sowore Challenges Burna Boy To Join #RevolutionNow Protest by Monday60655(m): 7:10am On Sep 30, 2020
Burna boy is real and just him, not copying anybody. Spore is a deceiver. How can you insulted Goodluck Jonathan, the then president and campaign for Buhari. After his emergency and things are not going the way you planned it, then you started campaign against Buhari in the name of revolution now.
Re: October 1: Sowore Challenges Burna Boy To Join #RevolutionNow Protest by ThatFairGuy1: 9:49am On Sep 30, 2020
Kriss216:
Sowore abeg leave Burna Boy for us. Carry Helinues and ThatFairGuy1.
Have I ever call myself African Giant

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Check Out Olamide's Picture With Professor Yemi Osinbajo / Rivers SARS Commander Holds Umbrella For Dakuku Peterside. See Reactions / IPOB Kills Herdsman, Shoots Igbo Man’s 30 Cows In Enugu (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.