Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,292 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:56 AM

Don't Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School' - Reno Omokri - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Don't Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School' - Reno Omokri (1789 Views)

Finally Sign Out From My 4years Course Turn six / Don’t Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School’ – Reno Omokri / Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School' - Reno Omokri by Kenneth10110(m): 4:19pm On Sep 29, 2020
According to Reno Omokri instead of spending 4 years studying, courses like Philosophy, Sociology, Linguistics, Religious studies and Public Admin, it is advisable to spend one year or even less to learn skills that are in high demand such as Coding, Nursing, Forex trading, laboratory technology etc.
Reno Omokri feels this courses has no impact and isn't advisable for students to go into higher institutions and study this courses.
Re: Don't Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School' - Reno Omokri by Kenneth10110(m): 4:20pm On Sep 29, 2020
He tweeted :

1 Like

Re: Don't Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School' - Reno Omokri by Righteousness89(m): 4:21pm On Sep 29, 2020
grin grin

Hard Facts from Reno

1 Like

Re: Don't Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School' - Reno Omokri by chatinent: 4:21pm On Sep 29, 2020
It's all about connection. You can study spraying bedsheet and get a good job with connection.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School' - Reno Omokri by Kriss216: 4:23pm On Sep 29, 2020
Laycon studied Philosophy, today he’s 85Million rich.

People that learnt coding and forex trading are still selling Gift cards of $50 on Nairaland.

7 Likes

Re: Don't Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School' - Reno Omokri by Seikiri1: 4:25pm On Sep 29, 2020
Where he got it all wrong is 4getting to mention the country where they are advised not to be taken e.g Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Don't Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School' - Reno Omokri by psucc(m): 4:25pm On Sep 29, 2020
Reno really make me think why I didn't negotiate connection before going to spend that much in school.
Re: Don't Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School' - Reno Omokri by Usak1: 4:28pm On Sep 29, 2020
Oga I disagree with you on this one. In Nigeria no be the certificate but who you know.
Re: Don't Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School' - Reno Omokri by Zendinho(m): 4:40pm On Sep 29, 2020
I feel disappointed that a former presidential adviser, a distinguished public figure and an academic icon is spewing this to the public.

No course or disciplined is a waste in the surface of the earth.

The only problem is the country, society or climes of which the courses mentioned are studied.

Simply because Nigeria is a failed state due to the crop of corrupt, ethnocentric, bigots, docile, fanatic, non-challant, unfit and unfortunate leaders we have over the years means that the courses does not flourish in other countries.

Mr Reno such utterance does not befit your capacity as a former spoke person of a former president.
Re: Don't Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School' - Reno Omokri by Kamdil: 4:48pm On Sep 29, 2020
Reno is advising them they are here arguing. Reno is simply on point, why studying a course that has no meaningful job opportunity in the labour market, only to end up doing some odd jobs at the end and be blaming government
Re: Don't Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School' - Reno Omokri by Missyajoke(f): 5:28pm On Sep 29, 2020
chatinent:
It's all about connection. You can study spraying bedsheet and get a good job with connection.

You're right and the guy is wrong.
Re: Don't Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School' - Reno Omokri by Kenneth10110(m): 5:31pm On Sep 29, 2020
Kamdil:
Reno is advising them they are here arguing. Reno is simply on point, why studying a course that has no meaningful job opportunity in the labour market, only to end up doing some odd jobs at the end and be blaming government

At the end its all about who you know even person wey study 'Yoruba' or 'Igbo' they see work for bank and higher places.
Re: Don't Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School' - Reno Omokri by crossfm: 6:52pm On Sep 29, 2020
When you talk to much you,will assume yourself as an authority.
Just look at what this Mr is saying, and some people are supporting him.

He should tell us the amount of jobs he created while in office.

Graduates of These courses he listed above are in high demands in sane countries.

As we speak now my friend is an assistant lecturer in university of Duisburg Essen.Just because he went there on scholarship to do his PhD in epistemology.

1 Like

Re: Don't Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School' - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 6:57pm On Sep 29, 2020
Rubbish
Re: Don't Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School' - Reno Omokri by Avchi: 7:12pm On Sep 29, 2020
Interesting..
Truth is that, even if you studied any of those courses listed as time wasters, you can still add skills to yourself.
Learn digital skills, especially online marketing, since things are moving online already, especially in this COVID 19 era where people have lost their jobs.
This skill has a legit high turnover rate.
Please send me a WhatsApp message to get the FREE video and learn more: +2349052160014
Re: Don't Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School' - Reno Omokri by Jman06(m): 8:49pm On Sep 29, 2020
Zendinho:
I feel disappointed that a former presidential adviser, a distinguished public figure and an academic icon is spewing this to the public.

No course or disciplined is a waste in the surface of the earth.

The only problem is the country, society or climes of which the courses mentioned are studied.

Simply because Nigeria is a failed state due to the crop of corrupt, ethnocentric, bigots, docile, fanatic, non-challant, unfit and unfortunate leaders we have over the years means that the courses does not flourish in other countries.

Mr Reno such utterance does not befit your capacity as a former spoke person of a former president.

You Nigerians like to shy away from the truth sha.

Some courses have no place in the 21st century economy and it is not only in Nijeria. Even Obasanjo once stated that fact!

Some of these courses should be reserved for people who have already made wealth but just want to study for the sake of studying. They are not for people who want to work and create wealth from knowledge gained in school!
Re: Don't Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School' - Reno Omokri by Simvan: 9:41pm On Sep 29, 2020
Kenneth10110:
He tweeted :
Lab tech?
Does he mean SLT or medlab?
Re: Don't Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School' - Reno Omokri by paulolee(m): 10:55pm On Sep 29, 2020
naija today isn't abt wat u study....our oga don't av waec cert n d previous oga bin study zoology
Re: Don't Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School' - Reno Omokri by Vyzz: 11:02pm On Sep 29, 2020
Me that is studying pub admin nkor...

Anyways I no dey put my hope there...

And those that mean political science is better
Re: Don't Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School' - Reno Omokri by tobechi74: 2:31am On Sep 30, 2020
He could have added journalist abi masscom, shey Pastor Ibiyome called it ordinary
Re: Don't Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School' - Reno Omokri by BigDick70inch(m): 2:58am On Sep 30, 2020
Y
Re: Don't Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School' - Reno Omokri by edego2up(m): 3:08am On Sep 30, 2020
Kenneth10110:
According to Reno Omokri instead of spending 4 years studying, courses like Philosophy, Sociology, Linguistics, Religious studies and Public Admin, it is advisable to spend one year or even less to learn skills that are in high demand such as Coding, Nursing, Forex trading, laboratory technology etc.
Reno Omokri feels this courses has no impact and isn't advisable for students to go into higher institutions and study this courses.

haba Omokri, which one no be skill acquisition in all this subjects that you mentioned above na because after you study any of them finish you go open church and make your millions,na him you dry jelossy ? Please mind your business.

1 Like

Re: Don't Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School' - Reno Omokri by Tillatalk: 11:00am On Sep 30, 2020
Why didn't I Know all these before going for sociology
Re: Don't Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School' - Reno Omokri by TrippleEEE: 2:11pm On Sep 30, 2020
Jman06:
You Nigerians like to shy away from the truth sha.

Some courses have no place in the 21st century economy and it is not only in Nijeria. Even Obasanjo once stated that fact!

Some of these courses should be reserved for people who have already made wealth but just want to study for the sake of studying. They are not for people who want to work and create wealth from knowledge gained in school!

Lol. You are very very funny. It seems You don't understand what education is.

You think life is all about the "economy?" ...

This country is just insane.
Re: Don't Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School' - Reno Omokri by Jman06(m): 2:40pm On Sep 30, 2020
TrippleEEE:

Lol. You are very very funny. It seems You don't understand what education is.

You think life is all about the "economy?" ...

This country is just insane.
You are the funny one here!

You must be living in fool's paradise for you not to know that people seek university education mainly as a means to attain economic freedom. I'm very sure that the day university education officially ceases to be a means to economic freedom, that is the same day our university would become deserted.

I wonder the use of any knowledge that cannot be applied to solve people's problems while achieving economic gains therefrom.

If it is just acquiring basic knowledge, then it should end at basic(secondary) education level, so that people can start off on time to help themselves!

We have a big problem in this country and that is the problem of graduating thousands of our youths in courses that have little or no use in solving our problems. Yet you don't see a problem in that
I know you people are always quick to blame government for not creating jobs, but fail to reason that jobs would be created based on needs.

Too many frustrated youths are roaming our streets already!

We need to discourage people from studying certain courses. Instead of studying some courses, people should start off on time to learn a skill or trade after acquiring basic sec school education. Then after establishing themselves, they may decide to enrol for such courses just for the purpose of attaining higher education.
Re: Don't Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School' - Reno Omokri by TrippleEEE: 3:27pm On Sep 30, 2020
Jman06:
You are the funny one here!

You must be living in fool's paradise for you not to know that people seek university education mainly as a means to attain economic freedom. I'm very sure that the day university education officially ceases to be a means to economic freedom, that is the same day our university would become deserted.

I wonder the use of any knowledge that cannot be applied to solve people's problems while achieving economic gains therefrom.

If it is just acquiring basic knowledge, then it should end at basic(secondary) education level, so that people can start off on time to help themselves!

We have a big problem in this country and that is the problem of graduating thousands of our youths in courses that have little or no use in solving our problems. Yet you don't see a problem in that
I know you people are always quick to blame government for not creating jobs, but fail to reason that jobs would be created based on needs.

Too many frustrated youths are roaming our streets already!

We need to discourage people from studying certain courses. Instead of studying some courses, people should start off on time to learn a skill or trade after acquiring basic sec school education. Then after establishing themselves, they may decide to enrol for such courses just for the purpose of attaining higher education.
SMH.

(1) (Reply)

Top 7 Industries Most Likely To Make You A Millionaire Today / China: Father Cries After Tutoring Son Daily For 1 Year And He Scores 6/100 For / Unilag's Post-ume Cutoff Mark(computer Science)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.