Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:18 AM

Burna Boy Slams Sowore For Calling Him To Join October 1 #revolutionnow Protest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Burna Boy Slams Sowore For Calling Him To Join October 1 #revolutionnow Protest (2438 Views)

Man Slams Sowore For Placing His Leg On A Platform Bishop Kukah Sat On (photos) / Revolution Now: NANS Slams Sowore, Others; Commends DSS For Prompt Action / Nnamdi Kanu Reacts To Omoyele Sowore’s Arrest By DSS Over #revolutionnow Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Burna Boy Slams Sowore For Calling Him To Join October 1 #revolutionnow Protest by Insidenaija: 8:36pm On Sep 29, 2020
Popular Nigerian singer and song writer Damini Ebunoluwa Ogulu, better known as Burna Boy, has slammed Sahara Reporters publisher Omoyele Sowore, for calling him to join #RevolutionNow protest planned for 1st October 2020.

Sowore had earlier called on the singer through a message he shared online on Tuesday.

Questioning the musician’s activism, Sowore wrote “I am yet to see you lead anyone to a police station carrying a coffin for head of state!” the former presidential candidate write on Instagram.

According to him, many described Burna Boy as a revolutionary singer musician and has been linked to the late legendary afrobate singer Fela Kuti.

Reacting to his call, on his verified Tweeter on Tuesday evening, Burna Boy said everyone became Fela fan after he was late.

"Everybody is a Fela fan and supporter now that he is dead. Humans are so Funny, You politicians are ALL the same (especially in Nigeria) and Frankly I don’t trust none of you.

"@YeleSowore Well. I am NOT FELA. I Have said that countless times. But you sir Are a politician. Leave me out of your schemes. Thanks," Burna Boy wrote on Tweeter.

He said, he didn’t trust any politician, especially in Nigeria, saying all of them including Sowore, are the same.

Sowore was a leader of group, Coalition for Revolution (CORE), organisers of #RevolutionNow protest.

Recall that, the first protest by the group was stage on August 5, 2019 and the second edition on the same date in 2020.

Insidenaija reports that the October first protest is plannedto hold in all 36 states across Nigeria as well as in London, Sweden, Netherlands, San Francisco, New York, Washington DC, Germany and Canada.

However, Burna Boy had earlier said he did not feel so good about comparison to fella.

“I don’t think anybody in their right mind would compare me to Fela.

“Fela is my inspiration and my childhood hero, so if you think comparing me to Fela is honourable, it’s actually not.

“It actually makes me feel weird. Fela was Fela, and if it wasn’t for Fela, there probably wouldn’t be any me, so I don’t understand the comparison,” Insidenaija reports that the Grammy nominee said in a GQ interview earlier in the year.

Source: https://insidenaija.com.ng/burna-boy-slams-sowore-for-calling-him-to-join-october-1-revolutionnow-protest/

5 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Slams Sowore For Calling Him To Join October 1 #revolutionnow Protest by Insidenaija: 8:38pm On Sep 29, 2020
Cc: Lalasticala, Mynd44, Dominique
Re: Burna Boy Slams Sowore For Calling Him To Join October 1 #revolutionnow Protest by Arrewa: 8:46pm On Sep 29, 2020
Ok
Re: Burna Boy Slams Sowore For Calling Him To Join October 1 #revolutionnow Protest by midolian(m): 8:51pm On Sep 29, 2020
Nice! Giving it to him hot! My guy no even allow am cold at all...

Soweyrey only needs celebrity figures to give his weightless revolution some weight..but Burna being the smart kid that he is, didn't fall for his cheap trap...

Like Burna rightly said, Omoyeye Soweyrey is just like every other politician and to make his worse, he is a professional opportunist..

Why did he have to wait until he lost election miserably before calling for revolution?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Burna Boy Slams Sowore For Calling Him To Join October 1 #revolutionnow Protest by nairalandankrah: 8:57pm On Sep 29, 2020
Tactical dodgery..lols
2face treatment comes to mind

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Slams Sowore For Calling Him To Join October 1 #revolutionnow Protest by Nigeriabiafra80: 8:57pm On Sep 29, 2020
Tunda fire burna boy
Off course he will always be a boy
Tamo ,he will start measuring deek with fela
All we have in Nigeria are pvssy ass niggars

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Slams Sowore For Calling Him To Join October 1 #revolutionnow Protest by nairalandankrah: 8:57pm On Sep 29, 2020
Righteousness88:
Tunder faya sowore in the mighty name, Amen.

Revelation 21 :: NIV. Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.
Hahahaha..guy stop this nah

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Slams Sowore For Calling Him To Join October 1 #revolutionnow Protest by ojun50(m): 9:07pm On Sep 29, 2020
Insidenaija:
Cc: Lalasticala, Mynd44, Dominique

He said, he didn’t trust any politician, especially in Nigeria, saying all of them including Sowore, are the same.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Slams Sowore For Calling Him To Join October 1 #revolutionnow Protest by BestGospelMusic: 9:14pm On Sep 29, 2020
Only put your trust in God
Re: Burna Boy Slams Sowore For Calling Him To Join October 1 #revolutionnow Protest by mightyhazel: 9:14pm On Sep 29, 2020
Righteousness88:

Revelation 21 :: NIV. Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.
hilarious troll...

repent o

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Slams Sowore For Calling Him To Join October 1 #revolutionnow Protest by Nobody: 9:15pm On Sep 29, 2020
No man would love to declare his cowardice with the most precise , unequivocal and unambiguous words.

The A - list musician is simply scared to take the protest for a better Nigeria off social media like every other Nigerian youth and his response to the call of duty was a mere diplomatic confirmation of his fear.

Nigeria will claim its lost glory soon. We have lost so many battles as a country but I have not given into despair. I'm optimistic that we'll win the war but through an election not a revolution.

3 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Slams Sowore For Calling Him To Join October 1 #revolutionnow Protest by deomelo: 9:17pm On Sep 29, 2020
BB get sense pass sense itself, sowore and his rag tag comedians lost election and that they are yet to get over. Election is all bout winning and losing and the fact that you lost at the polls doesn't mean you have to take or win power via other means.

Revolution is a forcible overthrow of a government or social order and the fact that sowore is not already in prison or worse is a reflection of Nigeria as a lawless country.

In America the land of democracy, the punishment for revolution or advocating overthrow of government gets you 29 years in prison. Looters and corrupt people don't go to jail in Nigeria and criminal elements openly violating the laws of Nigeria like sowore also don't go to prison.

What a lawless country.,

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy Slams Sowore For Calling Him To Join October 1 #revolutionnow Protest by IamWonderful: 9:17pm On Sep 29, 2020
Simply put, burner boy is afraid of his shadow, and well I am not surprised, he is a boy, even 2 face showed the double face and ran away after much ado and publicity for protest, he went into the box hiding, I don't the father of million babies neither do I blame stefflon Dion or whatever's boyfriend, the lady's pucci is good 19th grade, burner boy still they enjoy the slacky.

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Slams Sowore For Calling Him To Join October 1 #revolutionnow Protest by Wednesdayy: 9:24pm On Sep 29, 2020
[s]
midolian:
Nice! Giving it to him hot! My guy no even allow am cold at all...

Soweyrey only needs celebrity figures to give his weightless revolution some weight..but Burna being the smart kid that he is, didn't fall for his cheap trap...

Like Burna rightly said, Omoyeye Soweyrey is just like every other politician and to make his worse, he is a professional opportunist..

Why did he have to wait until he lost election miserably before calling for revolution?
[/s]
Re: Burna Boy Slams Sowore For Calling Him To Join October 1 #revolutionnow Protest by Optional09: 9:25pm On Sep 29, 2020
Righteousness88:

how much them pay you wey reach like that
Re: Burna Boy Slams Sowore For Calling Him To Join October 1 #revolutionnow Protest by PresidentJosh20(m): 9:26pm On Sep 29, 2020
Righteousness88:

Pastor elepe,ride on sir.
Re: Burna Boy Slams Sowore For Calling Him To Join October 1 #revolutionnow Protest by nairavsdollars(f): 9:28pm On Sep 29, 2020
Leave me out of your schemes. Even Burns knows that Sowore is a scammer

3 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Slams Sowore For Calling Him To Join October 1 #revolutionnow Protest by sapientia(m): 9:29pm On Sep 29, 2020
Nice response
Re: Burna Boy Slams Sowore For Calling Him To Join October 1 #revolutionnow Protest by tiger28: 9:31pm On Sep 29, 2020
Righteousness88:

SHUT UP!!! Fake Pastor , STAY AWAY FROM POLITICS and move to the Religion section. .You are ALL OVER THE PLACE. .STAY FOCUSED,You are NOTHING but a CLOUT CHASER and your writings on all sections of NL is making you feel like a star BUT YOU AINT! I am a SINNER COVERED BY GRACE and I bet I know Jehovah God better than you. Christianity is MORE THAN QUOTING the Bible up and down!!!

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Slams Sowore For Calling Him To Join October 1 #revolutionnow Protest by tiger28: 9:33pm On Sep 29, 2020
Make Sowore Minister of Petroleum and you will see him change fast. ....Naija Politicians are all after their belly!
Re: Burna Boy Slams Sowore For Calling Him To Join October 1 #revolutionnow Protest by WoeBetide666: 9:50pm On Sep 29, 2020
Sowore is a wannabe anarchist. He thinks he's Bobi Wine
Re: Burna Boy Slams Sowore For Calling Him To Join October 1 #revolutionnow Protest by valentineuwakwe(m): 9:52pm On Sep 29, 2020
why did he mention only you? I was expecting him to callout also to Davido or wizkid.....

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Slams Sowore For Calling Him To Join October 1 #revolutionnow Protest by Openbusiness: 10:14pm On Sep 29, 2020
Burna my guy, oil dey your head
Re: Burna Boy Slams Sowore For Calling Him To Join October 1 #revolutionnow Protest by punisha: 10:16pm On Sep 29, 2020
Righteousness88:

Ur crase is legendary grin

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Slams Sowore For Calling Him To Join October 1 #revolutionnow Protest by poshestmina(f): 10:28pm On Sep 29, 2020
tiger28:
SHUT UP!!! Fake Pastor , STAY AWAY FROM POLITICS and move to the Religion section. .You are ALL OVER THE PLACE. .STAY FOCUSED,You are NOTHING but a CLOUT CHASER and your writings on all sections of NL is making you feel like a star BUT YOU AINT! I am a SINNER COVERED BY GRACE and I bet I know Jehovah God better than you. Christianity is MORE THAN QUOTING the Bible up and down!!!

That's not the real account. You quoted an imposter.
Re: Burna Boy Slams Sowore For Calling Him To Join October 1 #revolutionnow Protest by edoairways: 10:28pm On Sep 29, 2020
Righteousness88:

Re: Burna Boy Slams Sowore For Calling Him To Join October 1 #revolutionnow Protest by edoairways: 10:29pm On Sep 29, 2020
tiger28:
That is an imposter

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Slams Sowore For Calling Him To Join October 1 #revolutionnow Protest by AYO2930(m): 10:40pm On Sep 29, 2020
Burna is right bt staying neutral is worse.Don't long for the progress when d majority is shying away from its struggles
Re: Burna Boy Slams Sowore For Calling Him To Join October 1 #revolutionnow Protest by Vyzz: 11:05pm On Sep 29, 2020
Good one...

But is burna trying to change 9ja with his voice alone?...
Re: Burna Boy Slams Sowore For Calling Him To Join October 1 #revolutionnow Protest by obontami: 11:10pm On Sep 29, 2020
If you except an Illiterate chronic weed-smoker to post or say something sensible then the fuccking joke is on you boy!!!
Re: Burna Boy Slams Sowore For Calling Him To Join October 1 #revolutionnow Protest by MrColdsweat: 11:11pm On Sep 29, 2020
Smart people know that the musicians are working for/with the politicians.

Our musicians induce foolishness in our youths with their songs. That is why our youths are looking lost. Because there's no cure for foolishness.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking : Police Take Over Venue Of Yoruba Self-determination Rally / International U.N Laws On Lawful Transfer Of Wanted Persons / Femi Fani-kayode Leaves EFCC Custody, Walks Into Lagos Hotel For Dinner (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.