Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,127 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Has A Nairalander Ever Dissapointed You? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Has A Nairalander Ever Dissapointed You? (478 Views)

Funke Dissapointed Me / Buhari Claps, APC Delegates Fights, Saraki Feeling Dissapointed / Project Completed For A Nairalander Pics!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has A Nairalander Ever Dissapointed You? by Nobody: 12:57am On Sep 30, 2020
This night(or yesterday's), a particular thread about a man who is being abused by father was on frontpage. In the thread, there was this comment from a particularly famous or infamous nairalander which, while I don't agree or submit to his religion, I agree with many of his moral assertions—until I came across this comment. In short, the comment wasn't it at
all .Because of there has been quite a lot of other parody account of his moniker, I had to confirm if it wasn't another of such. I clicked on his profile and it was the real deal. The worst part of it all was the way he handled people calling his attention to his ignorant comment. So while I was thinking about how the vicious cycle of abuse is not going away anytime soon in our society contrary to what I assumed earlier. I decided to ask this question: has a nairalander dissapointed you before? Someone whose posts you follow? Not necessarily that you hold them in high esteem but that they seem sensible to an extent and then they act out of character badly. Has someone you believed was sensible proved to be senseless in the end? Please tell me about it..
Re: Has A Nairalander Ever Dissapointed You? by poshestmina(f): 1:30am On Sep 30, 2020
Being Born again doesn't automatically make you dumb.
Re: Has A Nairalander Ever Dissapointed You? by WoundedLamb: 1:43am On Sep 30, 2020
Most times, what we consider "sensible" is what appeals to our own sensibility, our opinion. And you need to appreciate the fact that no two people will always share the same opinion. Regardless of how often a Nairalander's opinions tend to tally with yours, there will be times when you'd find each other on the opposite ends of the divide. And that's not necessarily being out of character for them. Their submission could be a part of their character with respect to a particular context, situation or environment that you didn't know of. When they are presented with such context, they make a submission that you wouldn't expect, a submission that doesn't sit well with your own opinion, a submission that you wouldn't make. But you wouldn't be bitterly disappointed if you'd gotten comfortable with that possibility. That's why I have that write-up as my signature, to avoid people being 'disappointed' in me. grin
Re: Has A Nairalander Ever Dissapointed You? by Clicked: 3:03am On Sep 30, 2020
Re: Has A Nairalander Ever Dissapointed You? by Nobody: 6:16am On Sep 30, 2020
poshestmina:
Being Born again doesn't automatically make you dumb.
Well, I never implied that, did I?
Re: Has A Nairalander Ever Dissapointed You? by Nobody: 6:26am On Sep 30, 2020
WoundedLamb:
Most times, what we consider "sensible" is what appeals to our own sensibility, our opinion. And you need to appreciate the fact that no two people will always share the same opinion. Regardless of how often a Nairalander's opinions tend to tally with yours, there will be times when you'd find each other on the opposite ends of the divide. And that's not necessarily being out of character for them. Their submission could be a part of their character with respect to a particular context, situation or environment that you didn't know of. When they are presented with such context, they make a submission that you wouldn't expect, a submission that doesn't sit well with your own opinion, a submission that you wouldn't make. But you wouldn't be bitterly disappointed if you'd gotten comfortable with that possibility. That's why I have that write-up as my signature, to avoid people being 'disappointed' in me. grin
If you know the person I'm talking about you'd agree with me. It wasn't about the opinion itself, it was more about the way he put it. And how he handled other people's comments. Like I said, I agree with him "most of the time"—that means that there are some other times I don't agree with him but I've never seen him put it across this way.

Well, wetin be my own. No be me dey buy am data.
So..? Any such experience with you?
Re: Has A Nairalander Ever Dissapointed You? by WoundedLamb: 2:16pm On Sep 30, 2020
Tadeknkeepcalm:

If you know the person I'm talking about you'd agree with me. It wasn't about the opinion itself, it was more about the way he put it. And how he handled other people's comments. Like I said, I agree with him "most of the time"—that means that there are some other times I don't agree with him but I've never seen him put it across this way.

Well, wetin be my own. No be me dey buy am data.
So..? Any such experience with you?

In recent times, no. I've learned to ignore many things and manage my expectations. But years back, yeah. And it was hilarious cause I moved to unfollow someone (and asked him to unfollow me) cause of a comment. It was 10/9 years ago, I couldn't even challenge the comment cause it was so strongly worded and precise that challenging it would only lead to a heated argument. Funny thing is that I wrote him a short post telling him how he was a great guy but we just had to stop following each other for my inner peace seeing that that particular comment wasn't just "unlike" him but also challenged the crux of my principles. But we didn't eventually stop following each other; his response wasn't what I expected. Hehe

Good old days when men were boys and hyperactive. Lol.
Re: Has A Nairalander Ever Dissapointed You? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Sep 30, 2020
WoundedLamb:

In recent times, no. I've learned to ignore many things and manage my expectations. But years back, yeah. And it was hilarious cause I moved to unfollow someone (and asked him to unfollow me) cause of a comment. It was 10/9 years ago, I couldn't even challenge the comment cause it was so strongly worded and precise that challenging it would only lead to a heated argument. Funny thing is that I wrote him a short post telling him how he was a great guy but we just had to stop following each other for my inner peace seeing that that particular comment wasn't just "unlike" him but also challenged the crux of my principles. But we didn't eventually stop following each other; his response wasn't what I expected. Hehe

Good old days when men were boys and hyperactive. Lol.
10 or 9 years ago? you don tey for here sir.
Re: Has A Nairalander Ever Dissapointed You? by WoundedLamb: 2:38pm On Sep 30, 2020
Tadeknkeepcalm:

10 or 9 years ago? you don tey for here sir.

Lol... That was when I newly created my first account. I can't remember the exact year but I feel it was actually in 2011 cause I was in school then. Things were a bit different then; entertaing but less chaotic.
Re: Has A Nairalander Ever Dissapointed You? by chatinent: 12:53pm On Oct 20, 2020
I don't get angry because I don't sell the permission.

(1) (Reply)

Leadership And Management Skills For New Managers And Supervisors. / NIRSAL Loan: Check Out Frequently Asked Questions Plus Answers On Cbn-backed Fun / Dezital - Best Ecommerce Development Services In Pakistan | Digital Marketing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.