Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

Can This App Help Solve Police Brutality, Domestic/sexual Violence In Nigeria? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Can This App Help Solve Police Brutality, Domestic/sexual Violence In Nigeria? (266 Views)

Brutality: Portable Should Visit Drug Rehabilitation Centre – Ossai Success / Rape: Tonto Dikeh, Real Warri Pikin Protest Against Sexual Violence In Nigeria / BBNaija Former Housemate, Kemen Shares BBN's Rules On Violence In The House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can This App Help Solve Police Brutality, Domestic/sexual Violence In Nigeria? by Realoaac: 6:52pm On Sep 30, 2020
Hi folks
Sety (https://sety.io) is redefining emergency reporting by creating a community for people to look out for one another.
It's also integrating into the existing first responders infrastructure channeling your dangers to the right people as well as your circle (your friends & family).
It's a great addition to the Nigerian tech space.
Check it out and let's have a discussion.
Let us blow this up
Re: Can This App Help Solve Police Brutality, Domestic/sexual Violence In Nigeria? by afrylance1: 11:40pm On Sep 30, 2020
I like this concept. It’s definitely something I’ll like installed on my phone in emergency cases. But who will want to come and help if they see you’re in danger. Definitely not the first responders I know in this dear country.
Re: Can This App Help Solve Police Brutality, Domestic/sexual Violence In Nigeria? by Realoaac: 7:11am On Oct 01, 2020
Valid point, sir.
That's why we escalate to your circle (friends and family), people around you within a specific mile radius, and the first responders.
This will maximize one's chances of getting help.

The first responders aren't also just the police and fire service, agencies that address specific dangers, like "rape", "sexual violence", and "domestic violence" are also being signed up.

So when someone is in a domestic dispute, the app sends the incident to the nearest agency.

A lot of thought was put into this, and it sucks that we don't have a functioning police or dispatch system for dangers, but we hope this app helps in any way.

afrylance1:
I like this concept. It’s definitely something I’ll like installed on my phone in emergency cases. But who will want to come and help if they see you’re in danger. Definitely not the first responders I know in this dear country.

Re: Can This App Help Solve Police Brutality, Domestic/sexual Violence In Nigeria? by Realoaac: 7:14am On Oct 01, 2020
More images.
This app is simply amazing

(1) (Reply)

Don Jazzy, Teni Emerges The Latest Globacom Ambassador / Rappers Mi Abaga Nd Vector On A One On One Conversation / All You Need To Know About Yoruba People And Their Drums

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.