Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,655 members, 7,958,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 08:38 AM

What Personality Trait(s) Make A Good Leader? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Personality Trait(s) Make A Good Leader? (296 Views)

Why Do Anambranians Come To Lagos If Peter Obi Was Good Leader / 2023: Tinubu, A Good Leader Without Tribal Sentiments - Sen. Kashim Shettima / The Cult Of Mbaka Exposes A Fanatical Trait Among Igbos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Personality Trait(s) Make A Good Leader? by Davoneskay(m): 11:12pm On Sep 30, 2020
The common saying that "Barbarians talk in thousand", exemplifies the need for leadership. A society without a leader will someday cease to exist the way it should. Virtually all societies have their own leaders. But something which bemuse me for so long is that some societies succeed while others are exact synonym of failure. Much blame or applause should be apportioned to the leaders of these societies.
To the topic, 'What Personality Traits Make A Good Leader', my fellow Nairalanders? To me, I go for three personalities although there are plethora of traits. These are: Responsibility, Commitment, and Empathy.

1) Responsibility: a good leaders should find no excuse when things go berserk but instead, identify the cause of the problem, seek solutions, and get the society/country back on track. In a situation of successful growth and development, he should also take the credit.

2) Commitment: an uncommitted leaders will likely have uncommitted subjects. When leaders are committed to a cause, there is a great likelihood of utmost success at a fast pace.

3) Empathy: Leaders should always remember the Golden rule which says that you should do unto others as you want others to do unto you. What they wouldn't like to experience as a subject should not be meted out to their subjects. This particular guide will help them to be of great help to their society/country.

There are other traits such as: creativity, accountability, honesty, confidence, inspiring, communication, etc.

What is your take, my fellow Nairalanders?

(1) (Reply)

Councillors Endorse Udu Council Boss Jite For Second Term / Pope Statement Trump Not A Christian Was In 2016. Old News / Misplaced Priority And Protest By The Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.