Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,521 members, 7,816,275 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

Origin Of Pidgin English - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Origin Of Pidgin English (1896 Views)

Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! / Nigerian Pidgin English And Their Meanings / The Origin Of The Igbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Origin Of Pidgin English by buyaka(m): 4:52am On Jun 23, 2007
i want somebody to enlighten me on how broken english originated. but i think it's origin can be traced to old Bendel state. but there are variation between the way the present Edos and Deltans speak it. so who are the original owner?
Re: Origin Of Pidgin English by richylaw(m): 1:50pm On Jul 05, 2007
Take a look at this link you should get all your immediate needs as per this topic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_Pidgin
Re: Origin Of Pidgin English by Ogaga4Luv(m): 7:34pm On Jul 07, 2009
@ OP
  mmm . . .You're  interesting my dear.,though no comment with your thread for now,but i knew you must have pointed at DELTA STATE most expecially u must be reffering to "WARRI" right? cheesy . yeah, the Warri pidgin english is entirely different even in the whole nigeria,imagine the slangs and sound according to the voice,not Heavy in hearing it??- i love DELTA STATE,proud to be a Waferian

(1) (Reply)

The History Of Aso-oke Textile / A Nigerian Man With 18 Accent / I Need An African American Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.