Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,250 members, 7,825,981 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

2020 Independence Day Speech By President Buhari (FULL VERSION) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2020 Independence Day Speech By President Buhari (FULL VERSION) (291 Views)

62nd Independence Day Address By President Buhari (Full Text) / 12 Presidential Candidates Endorse Buhari [FULL LIST] / Tinubu Is Fully-in-charge Of my Presidential Campaign - Buhari (FULL SPEECH) (2) (3) (4)

(1)

2020 Independence Day Speech By President Buhari (FULL VERSION) by mosky360(m): 8:31am On Oct 01, 2020
Fellow Nigerians,
​I speak to you today as your President and fellow citizen on this epoch occasion of our country’s 60th independence Anniversary. As President, I wish to renew my appreciation to Nigerians for entrusting me with your hopes and aspirations for a better and greater Nigeria.

Today, it is my unique privilege to re-commit myself to the service of this great country of great people with profound diversities and opportunities. We are bound by destiny to be the largest and greatest black nation on earth. At this stage in our nationhood, it is important that we reflect how we got here to enable us to work TOGETHER to get to where we aspire to be as a strong indivisible nation, united in hope and equal in opportunity.

On October 1st 1960 when Prime Minister Alhaji Abubakar Tafawa Balewa received the constitutional instruments symbolizing Nigeria’s independence, he expressed his wish that having acquired our rightful status as an independent sovereign nation, history would record that the building of our nation proceeded at the wisest pace. This optimism was anchored on the peaceful planning, full and open consultation and harmonious cooperation with the different groups which culminated in Nigeria emerging as a country without bitterness and bloodshed.

Our founding fathers understood the imperative of structuring a National identity using the power of the state and worked towards the unification of Nigerians in a politically stable and viable entity. That philosophy guided the foundation that was laid for our young nation of 45 million people with an urban population of approximately 7 million occupying an area of 910,768 square km. These demographics led to development challenges for which major efforts were made to overcome...... (read MORE>> https://www.aksu360.com/2020/10/2020-independence-day-speech-by.html )

Re: 2020 Independence Day Speech By President Buhari (FULL VERSION) by Mynd44: 9:22am On Oct 01, 2020

(1)

Sen. Kalu, Adighijie, Nwaogu, Others Pay Last Respect To Late Bishop Nwubani / Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb, Oodua Peoples Care Initiatives (OPCI) Warns / Ondo: ‘family Government’ Allegations; See Shocking Akeredolu Reaction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.