Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,360 members, 7,815,770 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

Which Way Nigeria!!! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Which Way Nigeria!!! (349 Views)

Kdp Sales Have Been Dull-which Way Out / Any Which Way, Monday Must Come After Sunday / NAIJA - Which Way? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Which Way Nigeria!!! by Tintedladybeer: 9:22am On Oct 01, 2020
I woke up to a lot of messages from family and friends wishing me a happy new month and independence day, I had mixed emotions about everything.

Firstly, I'm grateful for life. As a Nigerian youth,especially during this pandemic, being alive and surviving is one of the most hardest thing anyone could go through, but God so good, we are here!
Nigeria at 60!! We have a lot worth celebrating and even a lot more NOT worth celebrating.

90% of our male youths are into fraud. the way fraud is celebrated and advertised on all social media networks by these youths is not just Alarming but heartbreaking.
Most of their social media account is filled with ; cashapp wa oo, which drop dey your hand, zelle and PayPal is available with jet payment, I buy all gift cards at affordable rate etc. it's so bad that student from secondary school are already fully engaged in this vices.

80% of our females are either dating these "yahoo boys" Or married men.
It is even more difficult for a young man working legit to ask a girl out because the aforementioned people have set the bar so high that it becomes almost impossible to date and maintain a beautiful girl because, as the males see fraud as their way out, the female see dating the well to do guys as their own hustle.

School is now so useless that we hear phrases like ' school na scam', make money so you will employ the first class to work for you as drivers'.
Our schools doesn't encourage creative thinking hence the general believe that getting good grades is all that matters.
Our students can't remember 60% of what they were tought just 2weeks after writing the exam of that particular course. ( if you doubt this, ask any student around you to explain just 2 topics from their last semester course)
They all believe in 'who school epp' especially when they see their mates who aren't/ weren't so bright academically living the best lives with all the luxurious things and girls to go with.

Our security authorities especially SARS and efcc are now an institution of mockery.
They leave home daily praying to God to provide them their daily bread (yahoo boys) and thus go around harassing every young man all in the in the name of trying to catch fraudsters .
The ones they even catch gets their judgement and bill right there in their car and money is exchanged hands.
It's so shocking that they go around with POS for easy transaction with their victims

I have tried to think of ways to curb the aforementioned problems facing this country but I couldn't find a complete solution even if we do, who will implement them?

Nigeria @ 60, How can we save this country?
Is it worth saving

(1) (Reply)

You Shall Smile Again. / Journey To ALCAZAR / Creative Writing 101..( A Free Class) .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.