Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,389 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:18 AM

5 Things To Do On Independence Day - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Things To Do On Independence Day (197 Views)

Wike Turned ‘As E Dey Pain Dem’ Song To Rivers Anthem On Independence Day? / Governor Seyi Makinde Walks 1.8km On Independence Day (photos) / Speaker Gbajabiamila Wearing Bulletproof Vest On Independence Day? (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Things To Do On Independence Day by Health16: 11:55am On Oct 01, 2020
Nigeria celebrates her 60th “birthday” today, on the celebration of Nigeria’s 60th independence, below is a list of 5 things to do on this historic occasion.

1.Catch Up On Nigerian History.
Are you really Nigerian if you don’t know the Nigerian story?

A great deal of Nigerians don’t know the Nigerian story, and this would be a great opportunity to catch up on the Nigerian story.

Jide Olanrewaju’s “Naij” A history of Nigeria’s documentary is a detailed watch which would take you on a journey from the colonial times, to independence, Nigeria becoming a republic, the military coups and counter-coups, the Civil war, up until the fourth republic.

2.Watch “October 1st The Movie.”
If long documentaries aren’t for you, switch to Netflix for Kunle Afolayan’s 2014 produced movie October 1st.

October 1st is a dark psychological thriller film set against the backdrop of Nigeria’s looming independence from Britain, detective Danladi Waziri races to capture a killer terrorizing local women.

Read Full - https://newsrand.com/2020/10/01/5-things-to-do-on-independence-day/
Re: 5 Things To Do On Independence Day by Charleys: 11:57am On Oct 01, 2020
Kunle afolayan the most tribalistic man I've ever known.
I can never watch his movies.

Read his Wikipedia page, you'll know who he really is.
Re: 5 Things To Do On Independence Day by BUHARImyDOG: 11:57am On Oct 01, 2020
Where's Odudufraud protest?

Across the 6 SW states they can't beat up a mini protest or rally of sorts?

Across the other continents nko?

I think Yoruba are many abroad, where are the rallies?

Ipob has held rallies across 20 countries simultaneously. With live videos and pictures.
Please, please and please...don't ever put Yoruba and Igbo in the same category. Yoruba people no be our mate for anything.

The most cowardly people under heaven.
The other day, dem say dem wan revolute with Sowore.

DPO just fire 1 bullet for up with him pistol, dem run ,leave only one Igbo man
Re: 5 Things To Do On Independence Day by Charleys: 12:00pm On Oct 01, 2020
BUHARImyDOG:

Ipob has held rallies across 20 countries simultaneously. With live videos and pictures.
Please, please and please...don't ever put Yoruba and Igbo in the same category. Yoruba people no be our mate for anything.

They betrayed that last man, the man is stupid, he should have known that he's alone.
Re: 5 Things To Do On Independence Day by meobizy(f): 12:48pm On Oct 01, 2020
Na cinema and pub get me. I would have added a date, but it’s only foolish women I have on speed dial.
Re: 5 Things To Do On Independence Day by helinues: 1:08pm On Oct 01, 2020
BUHARImyDOG:

Stop taking Panadol on Yoruba's headache..

Average Yoruba's reason with their brains not with their anus like some people
Re: 5 Things To Do On Independence Day by helinues: 1:09pm On Oct 01, 2020
Just like a normal day.

Engaging in normal daily routine..

(1) (Reply)

Help NIGERIA Do Better': What Patriotism Means / Details Of FG N500 Bn Covid-19 Intervention Fund / Breaking News: Inspector General Of Police Dissolves Sars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.