Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,034 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

If You Had A Magic Wand,what One Thing Would You Change In Nigeria Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Had A Magic Wand,what One Thing Would You Change In Nigeria Today (782 Views)

6 Top Sectors Awaiting Tinubu’s ‘Magic Wand’ / "This Is Port Harcourt Not Asokoro"- Wike's Magic Wand In Action: Pics & Video / Okowa’s Magic Wand In Asaba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Had A Magic Wand,what One Thing Would You Change In Nigeria Today by missjekyll: 12:47pm On Oct 01, 2020
I would immediately reward the people who refuse to bow to the ''Nigerian'' Way of doing things. People will keep doing that which benefits them.

It takes a lot of character to go against the tide. So if you reward good behaviour you get more people doing it.

For the headstrong people of course, there is always life imprisonment with hard labor.

What about you?what do you think is the root cause of Nigerias problems? What would you change?

1 Like

Re: If You Had A Magic Wand,what One Thing Would You Change In Nigeria Today by realstars: 12:54pm On Oct 01, 2020
The Political System.
Re: If You Had A Magic Wand,what One Thing Would You Change In Nigeria Today by Nobody: 12:54pm On Oct 01, 2020
grin... Make everyone a GanjaWeed Addict !

Re: If You Had A Magic Wand,what One Thing Would You Change In Nigeria Today by Vinceobrian(m): 12:57pm On Oct 01, 2020
I will change central bank to my piggy bank
Re: If You Had A Magic Wand,what One Thing Would You Change In Nigeria Today by Freestainworld(m): 12:58pm On Oct 01, 2020
corruption
Re: If You Had A Magic Wand,what One Thing Would You Change In Nigeria Today by missjekyll: 1:01pm On Oct 01, 2020
realstars:
The Political System.

This is interesting. If I may pick your brains, what would you change in the political system?

Other countries have politicians as well. Why are our politicians so awful?
Re: If You Had A Magic Wand,what One Thing Would You Change In Nigeria Today by missjekyll: 1:04pm On Oct 01, 2020
Supermugu:
grin... Make everyone a GanjaWeed Addict !

How active are you after smoking? can you code? or farm? handle banking ? treat patients? I dont think such a country would work honestly. no matter how happy the citizens will be
Re: If You Had A Magic Wand,what One Thing Would You Change In Nigeria Today by Nobody: 1:04pm On Oct 01, 2020
I will remove the backward black African mentality and replace it with a white man's mentality. Believe me, that would be enough to create a change revolution.

1 Like

Re: If You Had A Magic Wand,what One Thing Would You Change In Nigeria Today by missjekyll: 1:08pm On Oct 01, 2020
Vinceobrian:
I will change central bank to my piggy bank

Let's go with this for a moment: so you are now the richest man in Nigeria,what next?
You will still fear for your life every second. Instead of just supporting your immediate family,you will now be expected to support the whole nation...ok undecided smiley

1 Like

Re: If You Had A Magic Wand,what One Thing Would You Change In Nigeria Today by missjekyll: 1:21pm On Oct 01, 2020
Freestainworld:
corruption

I quite agree with this.
However,corruption has been here since the dawn of time. Man ,as we know him, has a great capacity for evil. So we have always had deterrents .In the traditional Igbo society,we had a system which rewarded good and punished anti social behaviour.

There was no king but we had the titled men and the meeting of free born men in the community. We also had the meeting of the women of the community and the Youth.

I would like to note here that this was before the coming of the white man. The Igbos had no outside influence of any sort and still delivered for centuries.

I m pointing this out because some people think Things are bad in Africa because of our skin colour. This is not true in anyway.

I would also like to say that I used the Igbos for illustration because that's the culture I am most familiar with.

Every other culture which has survived till now has also had their checks and balances as well.

1 Like

Re: If You Had A Magic Wand,what One Thing Would You Change In Nigeria Today by Ever8090: 1:25pm On Oct 01, 2020
Almost all Nigeria politicians will enjoy their loot six feet below...and Nigeria police be left with one hand and keg each..
Re: If You Had A Magic Wand,what One Thing Would You Change In Nigeria Today by missjekyll: 1:27pm On Oct 01, 2020
Shayetet13:
I will remove the backward black African mentality and replace it with a white man's mentality. Believe me, that would be enough to create a change revolution.

This is very interesting. if I may ask ,what have you identified in the caucasian that is missing from an African. I m assuming you mean caucasian when you say white man because if I ever saw a man the color of a white shirt, he would be on his way to the ICU or the morgue smiley. They are not really white. just light yellow
Re: If You Had A Magic Wand,what One Thing Would You Change In Nigeria Today by NeoWanZaeed(m): 1:46pm On Oct 01, 2020
missjekyll:

This is very interesting. if I may ask ,what have you identified in the caucasian that is missing from an African. I m assuming you mean caucasian when you say white man because if I ever saw a man the color of a white shirt, he would be on his way to the ICU or the morgue smiley. They are not really white. just light yellow

mentality- patriotism and bragging rights for your country
Re: If You Had A Magic Wand,what One Thing Would You Change In Nigeria Today by onward4life(m): 1:50pm On Oct 01, 2020
Asphalts on any thing called road

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Had A Magic Wand,what One Thing Would You Change In Nigeria Today by limeta(f): 2:12pm On Oct 01, 2020
Chase out the fulani people i mean all of them pure and sinple
Re: If You Had A Magic Wand,what One Thing Would You Change In Nigeria Today by tobechi74: 2:33pm On Oct 01, 2020
The mindset of the people

2 Likes

Re: If You Had A Magic Wand,what One Thing Would You Change In Nigeria Today by VaselineCrew: 2:38pm On Oct 01, 2020
tobechi74:
The mindset of the people

Couldn't have said it better.

I was gonna start listing stuff, like closing open gutters, people driving in their lanes, voting the right people and so on...

but it all boils down to the mindset of the poeple.

For instance, today 2020, some Nigerians I have asked still don't see anything wrong with open gutters by the side of almost all Nigerian roads. To them, it's just a place to piss I guess. Meanwhile, in other countries, you can't even tell where their gutters are.

So that mindset that still excuses abnormal things as normal, that is what I would change.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Had A Magic Wand,what One Thing Would You Change In Nigeria Today by missjekyll: 3:20pm On Oct 01, 2020
Ever8090:
Almost all Nigeria politicians will enjoy their loot six feet below...and Nigeria police be left with one hand and keg each..

Ahahahaha. I cannot argue with this. But even if we kill all of them, so many are waiting to take their place.
Re: If You Had A Magic Wand,what One Thing Would You Change In Nigeria Today by missjekyll: 3:30pm On Oct 01, 2020
VaselineCrew:

Couldn't have said it better.

I was gonna start listing stuff, like closing open gutters, people driving in their lanes, voting the right people and so on...

but it all boils down to the mindset of the poeple.

For instance, today 2020, some Nigerians I have asked still don't see anything wrong with open gutters by the side of almost all Nigerian roads. To them, it's just a place to piss I guess. Meanwhile, in other countries, you can't even tell where their gutters are.

So that mindset that still excuses abnormal things as normal, that is what I would change.

I am not so sure that I would change the mentality of Nigerians.we are very hospitable,welcoming people. Somebody adopted me at the Lagos airport and showed me the bus stop and then went on her way.

I will only remove the negative things that years of abuse by our rulers have instilled in us. We are now fearful. We do not protest. We are too hungry and preoccupied with daily survival to fight back.I am a millennial. i have never seen a covered gutter in my locality. my water source cannot be trusted. I do not have electricity. All these things leave a mark on the psyche,you know

1 Like

Re: If You Had A Magic Wand,what One Thing Would You Change In Nigeria Today by Freestainworld(m): 4:04pm On Oct 01, 2020
missjekyll:

I quite agree with this.
However,corruption has been here since the dawn of time. Man ,as we know him, has a great capacity for evil. So we have always had deterrents .In the traditional Igbo society,we had a system which rewarded good and punished anti social behaviour.

There was no king but we had the titled men and the meeting of free born men in the community. We also had the meeting of the women of the community and the Youth.

I would like to note here that this was before the coming of the white man. The Igbos had no outside influence of any sort and still delivered for centuries.

I m pointing this out because some people think Things are bad in Africa because of our skin colour. This is not true in anyway.

I would also like to say that I used the Igbos for illustration because that's the culture I am most familiar with.

Every other culture which has survived till now has also had their checks and balances as well.
I know corruption is everywhere but the one in Nigeria is too heavy from the head to the toe, the poor masses give them opportunity and so they are no different from APC and PDP political cancaworms
Re: If You Had A Magic Wand,what One Thing Would You Change In Nigeria Today by Nobody: 3:51pm On Oct 31, 2020
missjekyll:

White man, as it is universally known
Re: If You Had A Magic Wand,what One Thing Would You Change In Nigeria Today by Ahmeduana(m): 4:12pm On Oct 31, 2020
kill all the political class and split Nigeria, so that the remaining survivors will form countries of there own afresh.

1 Like

Re: If You Had A Magic Wand,what One Thing Would You Change In Nigeria Today by Fahdiga(m): 4:55pm On Oct 31, 2020
Divide Nigeria

1 Like

Re: If You Had A Magic Wand,what One Thing Would You Change In Nigeria Today by GodHimself: 11:01am On Mar 31
Make every Nigerian focus only on the things they have control over and to leave the rest.

missjekyll:
I would immediately reward the people who refuse to bow to the ''Nigerian'' Way of doing things. People will keep doing that which benefits them.

It takes a lot of character to go against the tide. So if you reward good behaviour you get more people doing it.

For the headstrong people of course, there is always life imprisonment with hard labor.

What about you?what do you think is the root cause of Nigerias problems? What would you change?

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Is Failing, Demand For Restructuring In Order – Northern Elders / BREAKING!!! Angry Protesters Storm EEDC Office In Enugu(photo) / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.