Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,776 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

BREAKING: DSS Allegedly Brutalizes #revolutionnow Movement Protesters (photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: DSS Allegedly Brutalizes #revolutionnow Movement Protesters (photo) (3371 Views)

Police Recover Arms, Charms From Yoruba Nation Lagos Rally Protesters (Photo) / RevolutionNow Organizer Releases List Of Demands, Vows To Go Ahead With Protest / Nnamdi Kanu Reacts To Omoyele Sowore’s Arrest By DSS Over #revolutionnow Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: DSS Allegedly Brutalizes #revolutionnow Movement Protesters (photo) by Meenatnigeria(f): 12:59pm On Oct 01, 2020
Peaceful protesters in Osun state have been reportedly manhandled by operatives of the Department of Security Service (DSS) in Osun State.

The #RevolutionNow protesters had gathered at the popular Olaiya in Osogbo on Thursday to protest the state of the nation, but were dispersed, arrested and brutalized by the DSS.

The DSS operatives were accused of beating and arresting 11 members of the group during the protest. The arrested members were later released.

One of the protesters who was arrested told DAILY POST that they were pushed out by the DSS’ vehicles as the operatives took two of their phones, money and other equipment.

SOURCE:

https://www.meenatnigeria.com/breaking-dss-allegedly-brutalizes-revolutionnow-movement-protesters-photo/

1 Share

Re: BREAKING: DSS Allegedly Brutalizes #revolutionnow Movement Protesters (photo) by Tarvel(m): 1:00pm On Oct 01, 2020
I saw this coming
Re: BREAKING: DSS Allegedly Brutalizes #revolutionnow Movement Protesters (photo) by dynicks(m): 1:00pm On Oct 01, 2020
shocked
Re: BREAKING: DSS Allegedly Brutalizes #revolutionnow Movement Protesters (photo) by LegendAnselm: 1:10pm On Oct 01, 2020
dynicks:
shocked
sombody phone is gone? abi e never gone?
Re: BREAKING: DSS Allegedly Brutalizes #revolutionnow Movement Protesters (photo) by dynicks(m): 1:12pm On Oct 01, 2020
LegendAnselm:
sombody phone is gone? abi e never gone?
did you witness the phone going? grin

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: DSS Allegedly Brutalizes #revolutionnow Movement Protesters (photo) by gidgiddy: 1:16pm On Oct 01, 2020
They laughed when it was IPOB, they never knew that the injustice you laugh at today could be the same injustice others will laugh at tomorrow when it is happening to you.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: DSS Allegedly Brutalizes #revolutionnow Movement Protesters (photo) by yarimo(m): 1:16pm On Oct 01, 2020
grin grin
Re: BREAKING: DSS Allegedly Brutalizes #revolutionnow Movement Protesters (photo) by Lipscomb(m): 1:16pm On Oct 01, 2020
Dss took away money and phone. Why DSS not join the protest then and demand for good governance Because it Seems they are suffering too.

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING: DSS Allegedly Brutalizes #revolutionnow Movement Protesters (photo) by Yujin(m): 1:17pm On Oct 01, 2020
Do not rejoice over the manhandling of peaceful protesters. By doing so, you're encouraging tyranny.

13 Likes

Re: BREAKING: DSS Allegedly Brutalizes #revolutionnow Movement Protesters (photo) by Ever8090: 1:19pm On Oct 01, 2020
We are getting there I was doing my own in my house but hoping to be out in the street any time soon..

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: DSS Allegedly Brutalizes #revolutionnow Movement Protesters (photo) by Slawoomir: 1:28pm On Oct 01, 2020
Daamn Niggarr

The DSS are not Real Niggars
Na all of us dey suffer for Nigeria, why brutalize people that are fighting for your freedom?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: DSS Allegedly Brutalizes #revolutionnow Movement Protesters (photo) by OBUKSBAYELSA: 1:59pm On Oct 01, 2020
How long will they continue? How long my people? just how long.
Re: BREAKING: DSS Allegedly Brutalizes #revolutionnow Movement Protesters (photo) by slivertongue: 2:03pm On Oct 01, 2020
To GMB diktat is democracy , and democracy is diktat .
one chance dole

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: DSS Allegedly Brutalizes #revolutionnow Movement Protesters (photo) by NobleAngell(f): 2:30pm On Oct 01, 2020
And this is the Nigeria we are celebrating today. Lol.
Well, happy "INDEPENDENCE"to y'all.
Re: BREAKING: DSS Allegedly Brutalizes #revolutionnow Movement Protesters (photo) by VaselineCrew: 2:31pm On Oct 01, 2020
Just look at how disorganized that junction looks.

No lanes, sand everywhere, open gutters, makeshift markets with umbrellas by the side of the road...

Nigeria

So if I was a tourist, this would excite me

Sigh

Meanwhile all it would take to beautify that place would be to paint lanes, close the gutters, remove the makeshift markets and tyres on the road...

sigh
Re: BREAKING: DSS Allegedly Brutalizes #revolutionnow Movement Protesters (photo) by adebwalex(m): 2:40pm On Oct 01, 2020
God
Re: BREAKING: DSS Allegedly Brutalizes #revolutionnow Movement Protesters (photo) by LegendAnselm: 2:51pm On Oct 01, 2020
dynicks:
did you witness the phone going? grin
even if i no witness am.......odudu waah don carry person phone go
Re: BREAKING: DSS Allegedly Brutalizes #revolutionnow Movement Protesters (photo) by doggedfighter(f): 3:08pm On Oct 01, 2020
They are doing everything to subdue and make us a fearful people using harrasment and brutality.
Have they succeeded?

Yessssssssss !!

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: DSS Allegedly Brutalizes #revolutionnow Movement Protesters (photo) by gbowoade85142: 3:31pm On Oct 01, 2020
And this is the Nigeria we are celebrating tomorrow. Lol.Well, fun "INDEPENDENCE"to y'all.
Re: BREAKING: DSS Allegedly Brutalizes #revolutionnow Movement Protesters (photo) by Yujin(m): 3:43pm On Oct 01, 2020
doggedfighter:
They are doing everything to subdue and make us a fearful people using harrasment and brutality.
Have they succeeded?

Yessssssssss !!
They can never succeed. If you don't protest today, you'll become a refugee tomorrow scorned by the countries you'll run to for asylum. Fear is not an option. Face the oppressors today and let those who survive tell the tales while living in a free prosperous country. That has always been the story in all developed countries.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: DSS Allegedly Brutalizes #revolutionnow Movement Protesters (photo) by IamWonderful: 3:57pm On Oct 01, 2020
So wrong
Re: BREAKING: DSS Allegedly Brutalizes #revolutionnow Movement Protesters (photo) by flokii: 4:17pm On Oct 01, 2020
This is every shade of wrong.. nothing stops people from staging peaceful protest to voice out their minds.

Where are the lawyers and civil society groups? Seems a lot of people are tired already.
Re: BREAKING: DSS Allegedly Brutalizes #revolutionnow Movement Protesters (photo) by bernard1000001(m): 4:17pm On Oct 01, 2020
ha...naija my corntree so no freedom of speech again....somebody cannot protest peacefully again.....we r so fvcked now
Re: BREAKING: DSS Allegedly Brutalizes #revolutionnow Movement Protesters (photo) by Supan(m): 4:24pm On Oct 01, 2020
adebwalex:
You no get sense at all... What as IPOB get to do with this, the way some of you Igbo guys thinks eeee get me angry.. This is why it will be difficult for presidency to be zone to the south..

You too no get sense at all... What has Igbo got to do with his post? Did he mention yoruba? You have to stop throwing tantrums like a kid.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: DSS Allegedly Brutalizes #revolutionnow Movement Protesters (photo) by Jdbrasco2: 4:28pm On Oct 01, 2020
I'm not Yoruba but I'm happy they are waking up. Let us join hand and restructure this country to a better form through referendum and dialogue. This is not the time for bickering folks.
Re: BREAKING: DSS Allegedly Brutalizes #revolutionnow Movement Protesters (photo) by Supan(m): 4:29pm On Oct 01, 2020
Yujin:
Do not rejoice over the manhandling of peaceful protesters. By doing so, you're encouraging tyranny.

No one is rejoicing over what is happening to them, but the yorubas should let their conscience judge them over how they reacted when it was IPOB's turn.

I will like to join the protest if it's organized in the east too. I don't know why the organisers just start and stop in the west.

United we stand.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: DSS Allegedly Brutalizes #revolutionnow Movement Protesters (photo) by Nobody: 4:53pm On Oct 01, 2020
NobleAngell:
And this is the Nigeria we are celebrating today. Lol.
Well, happy "INDEPENDENCE"to y'all.

Or happy "INDECENT SENSE".
Re: BREAKING: DSS Allegedly Brutalizes #revolutionnow Movement Protesters (photo) by NobleAngell(f): 4:56pm On Oct 01, 2020
HedwigesMaduro:

Or happy "INDECENT SENSE".
Wonderful.
Re: BREAKING: DSS Allegedly Brutalizes #revolutionnow Movement Protesters (photo) by idahme(m): 4:56pm On Oct 01, 2020
adebwalex:
You no get sense at all... What as IPOB get to do with this, the way some of you Igbo guys thinks eeee get me angry.. This is why it will be difficult for presidency to be zone to the south..

The guy may not have put his thoughts properly, but what I took from his sermon is that, at all times and in all places it is good for all to stand as one in unity to fight injustice and tyranny irrespective of ethnic or religious affiliation......
Re: BREAKING: DSS Allegedly Brutalizes #revolutionnow Movement Protesters (photo) by funmike83(f): 6:18pm On Oct 01, 2020
Are this dss not Nigerians? So why are they not behind the pple for crying out loud . this is no 1 enemy of the nation

(1) (2) (Reply)

2023: See The Favourite APC Candidate That Will Take Over From Buhari / Sanwo-Olu Points Tinubu To ATM Alpha Beta Used To Milk Lagosians In London / The Day I Felt Ashamed As An IGBOMAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.