Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,116 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

Lagos CP, Odumosu Apologises Over Assault On PUNCH Journalist - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos CP, Odumosu Apologises Over Assault On PUNCH Journalist (22782 Views)

CP Odumosu Locks Magodo Brooks Estate, Arrests Security Guards For Delaying Him / Yoruba Nation Rally Not Allowed In Lagos – CP Odumosu / EndSARS: Protesters Force Odumosu, Lagos Police Commissioner To Trek 10km (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos CP, Odumosu Apologises Over Assault On PUNCH Journalist by Dididrumz(m): 6:20pm On Oct 01, 2020
Lols
Re: Lagos CP, Odumosu Apologises Over Assault On PUNCH Journalist by Brushstrokes20: 6:24pm On Oct 01, 2020
Pathetic bunch of savages!
Re: Lagos CP, Odumosu Apologises Over Assault On PUNCH Journalist by MondayOsunbor(m): 6:26pm On Oct 01, 2020
YoonSung:
This country is in deep shit! I'm fed up

Why do i find the image of a Yoruba journalist rolling on the ground in pain so funny

as he is holding his head i hope that his mind goes back to 2015

#APC CHANGE

#SAI BABA

#MESSAIH

1 Like

Re: Lagos CP, Odumosu Apologises Over Assault On PUNCH Journalist by Passionate888: 6:31pm On Oct 01, 2020
Police nack Afonja journalist akpako, see as him hold him head dey shout!

1 Like

Re: Lagos CP, Odumosu Apologises Over Assault On PUNCH Journalist by just2endowed: 6:33pm On Oct 01, 2020
Bola146:
Thank God they didn't kill him

That's what I was thinking too. Thank God they didn't kill him
Re: Lagos CP, Odumosu Apologises Over Assault On PUNCH Journalist by micflo28(m): 6:34pm On Oct 01, 2020
Truly, time is running out on this fraudulent system. South West has began to see reason why we should break up, once majority of North sees it too, it will be war between the civil populace and the oppressive government. Only Buhari's resignation can salvage this.
Re: Lagos CP, Odumosu Apologises Over Assault On PUNCH Journalist by moradeyo59302: 6:35pm On Oct 01, 2020
So demonstrators can be tortured
Re: Lagos CP, Odumosu Apologises Over Assault On PUNCH Journalist by kamikaze01(m): 6:44pm On Oct 01, 2020
SLAP44:
Which apology? Sue The Police.

If not they will continue with abusing and assaulting everyone.

No matter the misconduct carried out by a police officer when carrying out his or her lawful duty, you can't sue him or her as a private citizen.
Re: Lagos CP, Odumosu Apologises Over Assault On PUNCH Journalist by Jostoman: 6:46pm On Oct 01, 2020
SLAP44:
Which apology? Sue The Police.

If not they will continue with abusing and assaulting everyone.
apology not accepted
Re: Lagos CP, Odumosu Apologises Over Assault On PUNCH Journalist by Nobody: 6:53pm On Oct 01, 2020
Sue that's all.
Re: Lagos CP, Odumosu Apologises Over Assault On PUNCH Journalist by nairanaira12: 7:06pm On Oct 01, 2020
Miosendyin:
Oga wey jar... 3 gbosa for cp odumosu cool cool

Did you read what he wrote at all?
Re: Lagos CP, Odumosu Apologises Over Assault On PUNCH Journalist by Miosendyin: 7:16pm On Oct 01, 2020
No I didn't please explain it to me here .. abebelube

nairanaira12:

Did you read what he wrote at all?
Re: Lagos CP, Odumosu Apologises Over Assault On PUNCH Journalist by fatymore(f): 7:17pm On Oct 01, 2020
Oko iyawo tuntun
Re: Lagos CP, Odumosu Apologises Over Assault On PUNCH Journalist by nairanaira12: 7:26pm On Oct 01, 2020
Miosendyin:
No I didn't please explain it to me here .. abebelube

No wonder
Re: Lagos CP, Odumosu Apologises Over Assault On PUNCH Journalist by Map1(m): 7:33pm On Oct 01, 2020
until every citizen wake up to fight for it Right no one will do that for us let create an avenue where we can bring in over 20million citizen together and fight this useless government, let us demand for our rights
Re: Lagos CP, Odumosu Apologises Over Assault On PUNCH Journalist by mexite: 8:28pm On Oct 01, 2020
The Police have shown for the umpteenth time that they aren't friend of the citizens but tools in the hands of the powers that be. When has it become unconstitutional and unlawful to hold protests?

I hope they don't create a storm that will be too much for their tea cup.
Re: Lagos CP, Odumosu Apologises Over Assault On PUNCH Journalist by Vacora(m): 8:32pm On Oct 01, 2020
kamikaze01:

No matter the misconduct carried out by a police officer when carrying out his or her lawful duty, you can't sue him or her as a private citizen.

That’s not true. This case is an assault/GBH with intent and it is also gross misconduct. Ordinarily, the officer should be subject to disciplinary action and sacked. In cases where officers have carried out unlawful acts against innocent members of public, one of the victim’s standing rights is to sue the police and the erring officer to court for compensation or redress. Once an officer goes beyond his lawful duties and commits a crime, he can also be arrested and detained for judicial disposal. As a private citizen, the officer could be sued to a civil court. I know our 9ja policing judicial system jagajaga sha but police officers are not above the law.
Re: Lagos CP, Odumosu Apologises Over Assault On PUNCH Journalist by TruthHurts100: 9:06pm On Oct 01, 2020
Bastards
Re: Lagos CP, Odumosu Apologises Over Assault On PUNCH Journalist by dederocs(m): 9:17pm On Oct 01, 2020
Punch should sue them.
Re: Lagos CP, Odumosu Apologises Over Assault On PUNCH Journalist by cardoctor(m): 8:44am On Oct 02, 2020
Police and Punch are synonymous. Fact.
Re: Lagos CP, Odumosu Apologises Over Assault On PUNCH Journalist by HAccord: 10:37am On Oct 02, 2020
Cheap honda for sale.. Check my siggy.
Re: Lagos CP, Odumosu Apologises Over Assault On PUNCH Journalist by Wolexdey(m): 1:22pm On Oct 02, 2020
Redeeming the bad image of the Nigerian Police force
Re: Lagos CP, Odumosu Apologises Over Assault On PUNCH Journalist by kamikaze01(m): 4:12pm On Oct 07, 2020
Vacora:

That’s not true. This case is an assault/GBH with intent and . t is also gross misconduct. Ordinarily, the officer should be subject to disciplinary action and sacked. In cases where officers have carried out unlawful acts against innocent members of public, one of the victim’s standing rights is to sue the police and the erring officer to court for compensation or redress. Once an officer goes beyond his lawful duties and commits a crime, he can also be arrested and detained for judicial disposal. As a private citizen, the officer could be sued to a civil court. I know our 9ja policing judicial system jagajaga sha but police officers are not above the law.

Nobody is above the law. That's the beauty of democracy but bringing it home to what is on ground, the NPF hav disciplinary bodies that is suited with the power of investigating cases of misconduct of its personal and once found guilty of serious breach of conduct the personel would first be dismissed( by now he is no more a menber of the force hence he can be charged t court).

This is amongst he privilege of being a police officer just as being the President or a diplomat

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atiku Paid K.M. Family Investment To Help Destroy Buhari's Campaign - Gazette / Osinbajo To Represent Nigeria At Queen Elizabeth’s Funeral / Shehu Sani's Prayer For Nigeria's 2023 Census

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.