Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,449 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Dubai's Burj Khalifa Celebrated Nigeria At 60 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dubai's Burj Khalifa Celebrated Nigeria At 60 (41527 Views)

Judge Adedayo Akintoye Buys Property In Dubai’s Burj Khalifa - Peoples Gazette / Did Nigeria Pay For Dubai's Burj Khalifa? Here's Everything We Know (photos) / President Muhammadu Buhari Unveils Nigeria At 60 Logo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dubai's Burj Khalifa Celebrated Nigeria At 60 by Imstrong2(m): 5:38am On Oct 02, 2020
That song though angry
Re: Dubai's Burj Khalifa Celebrated Nigeria At 60 by Nobody: 5:40am On Oct 02, 2020
Hambivert:
Sparogatively, they are celebrating our independent dependence on their Tourism and international shopping.

Nigerians are the biggest ballers in Saudi

Ignorant fool Dubai is in United Arab Emirates while Saudi Arabia is a completely different country
Re: Dubai's Burj Khalifa Celebrated Nigeria At 60 by anonimi: 5:41am On Oct 02, 2020
bolaayenimo:
Nigerians contribute 70 percent to its revenue

The same way that southerners contribute almost all the revenues to the federation account but remain second class citizens in Barawo Bubu's Fulani Republic of Naijeriya, FRN.

Anikulhapo:
Kemi Adeosun, minister for finance, says more than half of Nigeria’s value added tax (VAT) comes from Lagos state alone.

Speaking at the parley between the federal government and progressive governors forum (PGF) in Abuja on Tuesday, Adeosun said the 87 percent of Nigeria’s VAT is derived from four states and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).

In other words, only 13 percent of Nigeria’s VAT comes from 32 other states in the federation.

According to her no country in the world with high tax compliance rate is poor, and no rich country has a low tax compliance rate.

“There is no poor country that has a high tax compliance rate, and no rich country that has a low one,” Adeosun said.

Quoting current VAT collection data across Nigeria, the minister said “55% of Nigeria’s VAT is collected in Lagos State. 20% in FCT, 6% in Rivers, 5% in Kano, 1% in Kaduna”.

“I’m hoping that one day Finance Commissioners will stop needing to come to Abuja monthly to share FAAC, because IGR (internally generated revenue) will be sufficient.”

https://www.thecable.ng/adeosun-half-nigerias-vat-comes-lagos

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5748407_images_png41b586905e6233e72b076191f8bf9512

[img]https://1.bp..com/-_spEZ7TwEzU/XRF8uDxWQJI/AAAAAAADR7I/gPwLfreuV1AGnnOpWLdknSIxhfvR5szUgCLcBGAs/s400/Fulani-Herdsmen-and-Militia-1.jpg[/img]

PhockPhockMan:
It was on 13 October 2000, when words went round that General Muhammadu Buhari was leading the Arewa team to the governor’s office to confront the state over alleged killings of Fulani cattle rearers in Saki, Oke Ogun Area of the state. Buhari did actually telephone the governor that he was leading a team to his office.

In less than 30 minutes after the general informed the governor of his visit, we noticed that the entire secretariat was already filled with lorry loads of our brothers from the North. This created some tension but we kept our calm. At about 2 p.m., Buhari arrived in a long convoy at the governor’s office in company of the former governor of Lagos State, General Buba Marwa, Alhaji Aliko Muhammed, Alhaji Abdulrazak and Alhaji Hassan. They all wore long faces. In fact, the anger in them was palpable as all pleasantries extended to them were ignored. “This is trouble” was the expression on the faces of all of us in the governor’s office.
Shortly afterwards, the state Director of State Security Service (SSS) and Commissioner of Police arrived. But their presence did not change anything particular on the fears that had already gripped majority of us. The two security chiefs did not come with any operatives, they came almost alone.

The meeting was called to order after Lam walked into the Executive Chambers. Introductions over, Buhari spoke on their mission to the governor’s office. Emitting fire, the general accused Lam and the government of Oyo State of complicity in the killing of over 68 Fulani people in Oke Ogun area and perversion of justice.
His words: “Your Excellency, our visit here is to discuss with you and your government our displeasure about the incident of clashes between two peoples… the Fulani cattle rearers and merchants are today being harassed , attacked and killed like in Saki. In the month of May, 2000, 68 bodies of Fulani cattle rearers were recovered and buried under the supervision and protection from a team of Mobile Police from Oyo State Command.
“ That some arrests were made by Oyo State Police Command in the massacre with their immediate release without court trial. This was said to have been ordered by Oyo State authorities and they were so released to their amazement. The release of the arrested suspects gave the clear impression that the authorities are backing and protecting them to continue the unjust and illegal killings of Fulani cattle rearers…”
According to the general, they therefore wanted immediate stoppage of the killings, justice and compensation to the Fulanis.

As weighty and indicting as Buhari’s allegations were, Lam remained unperturbed. He fired back with his own well coordinated arsenals.
Lam identified all the points raised by Buhari and simply asked the heads of the organizations directly involved to respond to the allegations.
First to speak was the Commissioner of Police who debunked all the claims. Instead of the allegation that the natives were killing Fulanis, the commissioner said pointedly that the opposite was the case.
The killing of the natives by the Fulanis was duly reported to the police and, of course, we can’t make arrest because, as soon as they kill, they migrate to other areas. Who are you going to arrest? That is the problem”. On the killing of Fulanis, which he said was as result of “piled up anger”, the commissioner disclosed that arrests had been made and the suspects were in police custody.
Next was the Director of SSS, who equally debuked the allegations by Buhari. “The natives don’t have problem with the Fulanis who are resident but those who are coming in, they don’t care about anybody. They just go ahead and when they graze the natives farms, whoever cares to challenge them runs into trouble. You said 68 people were killed , and people driven away. I am not saying there were no killings but they cannot be more than five.
The petition is on the harsh side, there is nothing like that.”
Not done yet, Lam called in his Deputy, Barrister Iyiola Oladokun; his SSG, Chief Michael Koleoso, both from Oke Ogun, and the chairman of one of the affected local government areas, Mr Ademola Alalade. They stated the true position of things, corroborating the submissions of the security chiefs. At this point, all the tensions and apprehensions evaporated.

Trust Lam any day, he must rub it in. He spoke for about 20 minutes and the generals were at the edge of their seats for the entire period. They were like chicken that had just been thoroughly beaten by the rain.
Lam said: “ Before I thank you for this visit, you have come to tell me something. I also want to tell you something and that something is to make an appeal. General Buhari has been a former Head of State, Brigadier Marwa has governed Lagos for some time and with credibility… so you are national leaders of this country. Even though, by accident of birth, you are from the North, you can be born anywhere; may be next time when I am coming to the world, I will be born in the North or the South-South.
“My appeal will be that effort must be made to unite this country and that will be ïn the best interest of all Nigerians. I am appealing to the Arewa Consultative Forum, under which auspices our distinguished Nigerians are here; in recent times, they have been sending wrong signals to a number of us who believe in the unity and peace of Nigeria; you have been too critical of the efforts of the Federal Government. I am saying this because Nigeria, at this point, cannot afford to break and the words you northern leaders utter are very weighty, at the South here, we normally analyze them critically”.

On all the allegations, he said: “From what they have written in the petition, this government is completely blameless because we don’t interfere either with the judiciary or with the police functions. I always preach peaceful co-existence in Oyo State and Nigeria as a whole. We are all Nigerians and that is what we have been preaching all along and we shall continue to be Nigerians , no matter the present or immediate problems which will be solved by the grace of Allah.
“I want to say also that we really have to appeal to our people, the itinerant Bororo people, that they should observe less aggression. It is not good , it is not right just coming from somewhere then you just pass through farm lands cultivated may be with the person’s life savings and then over night everything is gone. That is not right, even Allah does not approve of that.

We even wonder when they talk about this people carrying dangerous weapons, I say do they really believe in Allah? When you just take life like that and go away! Are we not forbidden not to take human life? So I think General Buhari, General Marwa, you have to be educating them… It is my pleasure to inform you that at the Presidential Lodge, we have made some arrangements for refreshments so that before you go we can refresh together”.

Buhari and his team did not wait for any refreshments. They came in angry and left bewildered.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/11/day-lam-adesina-clashed-with-buhari-marwa-others/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dubai's Burj Khalifa Celebrated Nigeria At 60 by Nobody: 5:42am On Oct 02, 2020
Tadeknkeepcalm:
Why won't they?
We be key investor for there
You wey know. It's the least they could do. Many of our people are having businesses, hotels etc. There. So that's the least they could do. Let nigerians even come home to invest sef. The insults Don dey too much. (just like what Donald Trump's saying about America lol). I kuku like some things buhari is doing now. Let us invest in our country jare

1 Like

Re: Dubai's Burj Khalifa Celebrated Nigeria At 60 by KingMicky3286: 5:45am On Oct 02, 2020
They actually celebrated Husspuppy.

BengaziTherapy:
Dubai's Burj Khalifa Celebrated Nigeria @ 60

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQaXUZlTqmA

The tallest building in the world, Burj Khalifa celebrated Nigeria's 60th independence day celebration by displaying the Green White Green flag on its magnificent building.

What a way to woo Nigerians to keep visiting the city.

1 Like

Re: Dubai's Burj Khalifa Celebrated Nigeria At 60 by magicminister: 5:45am On Oct 02, 2020
Two things involved:

1 - sponsored by Nigerian government. I heard the fees to advertise or display on the building is over 100k usd.
I could be dead wrong but I heard so from reliable source.

2- improved diplomatic relationship with the UAE thus prompting the government to pay for the ad themselves.

Regardless, that display was paid for.
The question is, who paid for it!

2 Likes

Re: Dubai's Burj Khalifa Celebrated Nigeria At 60 by HeadShot: 5:45am On Oct 02, 2020
michlins:
Nigeria is going through hard times but not a failed state.

A completely failed state..

Poverty capital

Unemployment capital

Suicidal capital

Child mortality capital

Corrupt capital

Terrorists capital

This is the only useless country on the face of the Earth... Where poor masses praise theirs oppressors changing sai barber

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dubai's Burj Khalifa Celebrated Nigeria At 60 by anonimi: 5:46am On Oct 02, 2020
chariisGRACE:
If Burj Khalifa doesn't recognize one of its benefactors, i wonder who or what will.

So why do the Fulani born-to-ruin not recognise their benefactors in Luggard's amalgamated geographical area?
Whose fault is this irony of suffering in the midst of plenty by the southerners?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3937527_buharisardauna_jpegcb12decad1bd9dd31b45d009f2877b1f

comos:
The Inspector-General of Police, Mr. Ibrahim Idris, on Friday justified the arrest of only suspects of Yoruba extraction over the recent clash in Ile-Ife, Osun State, which resulted in the death of about 46 persons. He said crime neither has tribe nor identity.

Idris spoke with State House correspondents shortly after briefing President Muhammadu Buhari of security situations in parts of the country inside the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

The police had been in the eye of the storm for arresting and parading 20 Yoruba persons, including a monarch, over the clash while not a single Hausa/Fulani person was detained.

The pan-Yoruba group, Afenifere; and the Oodua Peoples Congress are among groups and individuals that have been criticising the police over the development.

Idris however said the police would not hesitate to apply the law once criminal cases are established against individuals, irrespective of their tribe.

He said, “You know we are police officers. Crime has no tribe. If you are a criminal, you are a criminal.

“Crime has no face. We don’t look at crime in the identity of where you are coming from.

“As far as you are a criminal and the police find you wanting, we apply the law.”

He said investigation had revealed that the crisis started with a disagreement between two people selling food along the road.

https://punchng.com/ife-clash-igp-justifies-arrest-of-only-yoruba-suspects/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6559819_img20180116131338_jpeg5eb7dd60f62d45b4c01a8e0a67f66174

1 Like

Re: Dubai's Burj Khalifa Celebrated Nigeria At 60 by anonimi: 5:48am On Oct 02, 2020
sbaks:
You wey know. It's the least they could do. Many of our people are having businesses, hotels etc. There. So that's the least they could do. Let nigerians even come home to invest sef. The insults Don dey too much. (just like what Donald Trump's saying about America lol). I kuku like some things buhari is doing now. Let us invest in our country jare

Is this also applicable to Igbos who brag about developing Lagos but there states are MORE shitholes?

1 Like

Re: Dubai's Burj Khalifa Celebrated Nigeria At 60 by izubext007: 5:48am On Oct 02, 2020
they are celebrating our money
Re: Dubai's Burj Khalifa Celebrated Nigeria At 60 by naija4life247: 5:49am On Oct 02, 2020
Earlystar698:
Wow look how Dubai is celebrating Nigeria independence more than Nigeria!!! Should we tell them that Nigeria is a failed state and a den of terrorist?

Like for yes share for no

No, rather we should tell them that Nigeria is unfortunate to have lazy youths and miscreants like you.

1 Like

Re: Dubai's Burj Khalifa Celebrated Nigeria At 60 by cardoctor(m): 5:50am On Oct 02, 2020
Why won't they celebrate. Nigerians own the building.

1 Like

Re: Dubai's Burj Khalifa Celebrated Nigeria At 60 by naija4life247: 5:50am On Oct 02, 2020
Madibah:
Only if they know what we're facing in this zoo

They know, they know that only animals live in Zoo and since you claim to be living in one, that means you are an ........
Re: Dubai's Burj Khalifa Celebrated Nigeria At 60 by anonimi: 5:51am On Oct 02, 2020
naija4life247:
No, rather we should tell them that Nigeria is unfortunate to have lazy youths and miscreants like you.

Not forgetting lazy youths like Yusuf the son of Barawo Bubu?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/7004441_fbimg1524258071490_jpeg8b1881a087d6d361c45efd69e82193f6

aminulive:
@POLITICSNGR

President Muhammadu Buhari has berated Nigerian youths for being 'uneducated' and 'not ready to work'.

President Buhari, while speaking during a panel discussion at the Commonwealth business forum in Westminster, London, expressed displeasure with youths in Nigeria because they were dependent on revenue from oil to survive.

He said the youths, who make up 60 percent of the population, were waiting to get social amenities free without doing anything.

"And then the economy. We have a very young population and our population is estimated conservatively to be 180 million. The 60 percent of the population is below the age of 30. A lot of them have not been to school and they are claiming that Nigeria has been an oil producing country and therefore they should sit and do nothing and get housing, healthcare and education free,"

The moderator had asked Buhari to give his final thoughts on the issues discussed. The President said he had fulfilled his campaign promises by improving on the nation’s security and the economy.

https://politicsngr.com/uneducated-not-ready-work-buhari-berates-nigerian-youths-video/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgBGBkoqHfE

White007:
This is Yusuf.
He doesn't like to work.
He stays in a free house, eats free meals and rides a power bike all day long.
When sick, he flies a chartered or presidential plane to some of the finest hospitals to treat himself all for free. 
Yusuf is a #LazyNigerianYouths
Don't be like Yusuf

www.nairaland.com/attachments/7004444_fbimg1524254578455_jpeg018a0f4242e5e3c1b856ba67adbd3a44

1 Like

Re: Dubai's Burj Khalifa Celebrated Nigeria At 60 by CocoaOla: 5:51am On Oct 02, 2020
But they stop giving nigerian s ordinary tourist visa hypocrisy make Nigeria better than dubai
Re: Dubai's Burj Khalifa Celebrated Nigeria At 60 by RPG2020(m): 5:54am On Oct 02, 2020
Na because of our money be wise
Re: Dubai's Burj Khalifa Celebrated Nigeria At 60 by iampeterben(m): 5:55am On Oct 02, 2020
Wow! So we built their city?
Re: Dubai's Burj Khalifa Celebrated Nigeria At 60 by glowingflame7: 5:56am On Oct 02, 2020
magicminister:
Two things involved:

1 - sponsored by Nigerian government. I heard the fees to advertise or display on the building is over 100k usd.
I could be dead wrong but I heard so from reliable source.

2- improved diplomatic relationship with the UAE thus prompting the government to pay for the ad themselves.

Regardless, that display was paid for.
The question is, who paid for it!

The Burj Khalifa, the world's tallest building, is known to showcase national flags of friendly countries on important occasions. Emaar is the company in charge. While you may pay for it, stuff like Independence Day celebrations is usually done by the company themselves just to excite tourists and make news.

1 Like

Re: Dubai's Burj Khalifa Celebrated Nigeria At 60 by Kobicove(m): 5:57am On Oct 02, 2020
Splendid!
Re: Dubai's Burj Khalifa Celebrated Nigeria At 60 by magicminister: 5:58am On Oct 02, 2020
Lexusgs430:
Is this one of the countries, useless buhari compared nigeria with?....... grin

Saw your post about the girl with blood discharge despite not being on her cycle. Let me know if you start having a discharge within the next 7 days
Re: Dubai's Burj Khalifa Celebrated Nigeria At 60 by Enyimbamercedes: 5:58am On Oct 02, 2020
Earlystar698:
Wow look how Dubai is celebrating Nigeria independence more than Nigeria!!! Should we tell them that Nigeria is a failed state and a den of terrorist?

Like for yes share for no

They aren’t celebrating Nigeria; they are mocking a country that was a bit more developed than them in 1960. 60 years later, look at us and look at you!! They are even not giving Nigerians visas!

Disgraceful

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dubai's Burj Khalifa Celebrated Nigeria At 60 by anonimi: 5:58am On Oct 02, 2020
cardoctor:
Why won't they celebrate. Nigerians own the building.

Is that what Aisha, the wife of Barawo Bubu went to check with our presidential jet during the Covid-19 restrictions?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2615370_facebook20150226111711_jpeg0c454a4b9e79b337bde62bca91797926

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2026536_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

Ibadanboi123:
Nigeria’s First Lady, Aisha Buhari, on Saturday, returned from medical treatment in the United Arab Emirates, calling for improved hospitals in the country.

But many Nigerians on social media are furious over her demand, accusing her of being insensitive.

Some of them also described her demand as “shameful and insulting”.

On her return, she had asked healthcare providers to take advantage of the Federal Government’s N100bn credit support for the health sector, saying that “will no doubt help in building and expanding the capacity of the Nigerian health sector and ultimately reduce medical trips and tourism outside the country.”

Reacting to the First Lady’s comment, one Bulama Bukarti on Twitter said, “Your husband spent huge money on the Villa clinic, yet it couldn’t treat ‘neck pain’.

“You flew to the UAE during lockdown. As you land, you called for better hospitals. Don’t you know who the president is? Don’t you have access to him?”

Mosh @mosh_aloaye added, “This is so sad. Now she left Nigeria amidst the international travel restrictions for medical tourism and came back to say Nigerians should fix our health sector. I feel very insulted.”

Goddy @i2much4dem wondered why the Aso Rock clinic could not be made a “better hospital” to treat neck pain.

“And this is the wife of the president. What reforms does the Aso Rock clinic require for it to function? Yet Aisha has to fly abroad for treatment!”

“Aisha Buhari is simply mocking Nigerians by calling for better hospitals in Nigeria when she knows that her husband is the president and the one who should give us the ‘better hospitals’. The president and family members are simply being most unfair to Nigerians,” TheRoy @BarrROUN1990 said.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12189404_5f42331034e18768x800_jpeg3587b6d33414002f47468c17ad7c4bbf

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dubai's Burj Khalifa Celebrated Nigeria At 60 by uncommonfish: 6:02am On Oct 02, 2020
dontro:
They try
it was paid for
Re: Dubai's Burj Khalifa Celebrated Nigeria At 60 by uncommonfish: 6:03am On Oct 02, 2020
CocoaOla:
But they stop giving nigerian s ordinary tourist visa hypocrisy make Nigeria better than dubai
it was paid for by Nigerian government
Re: Dubai's Burj Khalifa Celebrated Nigeria At 60 by saajus: 6:03am On Oct 02, 2020
If you can pay for the advert, they will advertise you too. I think it's $45k per show
Re: Dubai's Burj Khalifa Celebrated Nigeria At 60 by BruncleZuma: 6:03am On Oct 02, 2020
Hambivert:
Sparogatively, they are celebrating our independent dependence on their Tourism and international shopping.

UAE is not Saudi Arabia

[img]https://i./94E4.gif[/img]
Re: Dubai's Burj Khalifa Celebrated Nigeria At 60 by AnanseK(m): 6:10am On Oct 02, 2020
Hambivert:

But this is not Saudi.
Re: Dubai's Burj Khalifa Celebrated Nigeria At 60 by willexyaho(m): 6:10am On Oct 02, 2020
That's only if that thing is not owned by a Nigerian.

Just thinking
Re: Dubai's Burj Khalifa Celebrated Nigeria At 60 by AnanseK(m): 6:12am On Oct 02, 2020
Bialegend:

Not a big deal. Your zoo paid 5 million dollars to UAE authorities for a 30 mins flash of their zoo flag on the Burj Khalifar. The illiterate terrorists wasting Biafra's oil money since 1960

Palm oil?
Re: Dubai's Burj Khalifa Celebrated Nigeria At 60 by ozonetoy: 6:14am On Oct 02, 2020
Hambivert:

didn’t know burj khalifa has been relocated to Saudi
Re: Dubai's Burj Khalifa Celebrated Nigeria At 60 by Brushstrokes20: 6:18am On Oct 02, 2020
Why not?.. That's where self serving thieves and sadists scums in and out of power invest their stolen funds!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

12 Things Buhari Said In New Year Broadcast / Pipeline Surveillance: Buhari To Revoke Jonathan’s Contracts To OPC, Ex-militant / Godknows Igali Forfeits 47 Cars To FG (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.