Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,803 members, 7,820,812 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

Is Subletting now Illegal In Lagos - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Is Subletting now Illegal In Lagos (861 Views)

In Need Of An Apartment Available For Subletting Around Ajah,ibeju Lekki / The Risks Of Subletting / Small But Cosy Office Space Available For Subletting In Ikorodu Garage Area (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Subletting now Illegal In Lagos by johnnyn1(m): 9:16pm On Oct 01, 2020
Currently having an issue with my agent.

My friend moved out of his apartment to a new one.
His rent is remaining 6month before renewal
He asked I should continue managing his apartment till It expires and pay for another year

Expiration month is March 2021.
Pls note that I’m also an occupant in the compound with rent due by November ending.

Is there any law that state subletting illegal cos the agent is duly against it.

Pls help look into this matter.
Kindly bear with typos..

Re: Is Subletting now Illegal In Lagos by lomprico(m): 9:22pm On Oct 01, 2020
it's not but your case is peculiar
Re: Is Subletting now Illegal In Lagos by johnnyn1(m): 9:39pm On Oct 01, 2020
Oh okay.
Pls elaborate sir
lomprico:
it's not but your case is peculiar
Re: Is Subletting now Illegal In Lagos by lomprico(m): 10:29pm On Oct 01, 2020
johnnyn1:
Oh okay.
Pls elaborate sir

you already live in the same compound and have your own apartment there, moving to another apartment because the former occupant has outstanding rent is awkward.
Re: Is Subletting now Illegal In Lagos by johnnyn1(m): 10:32pm On Oct 01, 2020
Sighs
Pls read my post again
lomprico:

you already live in the same compound and have your own apartment there, moving to another apartment because the former occupant has outstanding rent is awkward.
Re: Is Subletting now Illegal In Lagos by lomprico(m): 10:37pm On Oct 01, 2020
johnnyn1:
Sighs
Pls read my post again

Pls note that I’m also an occupant in the compound with rent due by November ending.
Re: Is Subletting now Illegal In Lagos by true2home(m): 4:57am On Oct 02, 2020
You need the approval of the Homeowner via the agent to do it. You can't just make the move along side the formal tenant.
Re: Is Subletting now Illegal In Lagos by johnnyn1(m): 7:54am On Oct 02, 2020
Thank you
true2home:
You need the approval of the Homeowner via the agent to do it. You can't just make the move along side the formal tenant.
Re: Is Subletting now Illegal In Lagos by shagalinku4life: 8:18am On Oct 02, 2020
It is illegal to sublet in Lagos State.You could be sentenced to jail if the Agent takes you to court.Get a copy of the 2020 Lagos State Tenancy Law for more information.

(1) (Reply)

A Business Paradise At The Lekki Free Trade Zone, A Place To Invest / Nairalanders, I Want To Ask If A 4 Bedroom Flat Can Fit Into Half Plot / O.i.k Real Estate Agent Property Consultancy And Management

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.