Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,961 members, 7,814,254 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

Jehovah Witness Don't Believe That Jesus Is Coming Back - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah Witness Don't Believe That Jesus Is Coming Back (1099 Views)

New Changes For Jehovah's Witness: Women Can Wear Trousers, Men Must Not Wear.. / Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died / Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jehovah Witness Don't Believe That Jesus Is Coming Back by Ken4Christ: 11:04pm On Oct 01, 2020
There are what is known as the tenets of the Christian faith and one of them is that Christ is coming back. There are two phenomenon people often use interchangeably but they are not the same. It is the rapture of the church and the second coming of Christ.

The word rapture simply means caught up. This is the next major event that will happen very soon. Christ will descend from heaven but will not land on the earth. The dead in Christ will rise first and we that are alive will be caught up to meet the Lord in the air. Hear what Apostle Paul said about it;

1st Thessalonians 4:16-17.
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

1st Corinthians 15:51-54.
51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

The passages above doesn't refer to the second coming of Christ. The second coming of Christ will take place after the seven years reign of the anti Christ. It is a visible return of Jesus to the earth.

Our Lord Jesus himself said;

Matthew 24:25-27.
25 Behold, I have told you before.

26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

How do you see lightning? Visibly or invisibly?

Even when Jesus ascended up back to heaven after his resurrection, the angels standing by said;

Acts 1:9-11
9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.

10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;

11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

He went back visibly and the passage said he will come back the same way.

But the Jehovah Witness teaches otherwise. I told you before that they oppose every single truth of the gospel. They are anti Christ. The earlier we know it, the better for us and those who are thinking of joining this cult.

Below is an excerpt from their book, You Can live forever in Paradise on earth. (Page 146)

'How, then, are we to understand the words of Revelation 1:7? There the apostle John writes: "Look! He is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, and those who pierced him; and all the tribes of the earth will beat themselves in grief because of him." Here the Bible speaks of seeing, not with physical eyes, but in the sense of discerning or perceiving. Thus, when a person comprehends or understands a matter, he may say, 'I see it.' The Bible, in fact, speaks of "the eyes of your understanding." (Ephesians 1:18, King James Version) So the expression "every eye will see him means that everyone will then understand or recognize that Christ is present'

May God deliver as many as have been held captives by this demonic doctrines in Jesus name. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah Witness Don't Believe That Jesus Is Coming Back by Janosky: 12:52am On Oct 02, 2020
Ken4Christ:
There are what is known as the tenets of the Christian faith and one of them is that Christ is coming back. There are two phenomenon people often use interchangeably but they are not the same. It is the rapture of the church and the second coming of Christ.

The word rapture simply means caught up. This is the next major event that will happen very soon. Christ will descend from heaven but will not land on the earth. The dead in Christ will rise first and we that are alive will be caught up to meet the Lord in the air. Hear what Apostle Paul said about it;

1st Thessalonians 4:16-17.
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

1st Corinthians 15:51-54.
51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

The passages above doesn't refer to the second coming of Christ. The second coming of Christ will take place after the seven years reign of the anti Christ. It is a visible return of Jesus to the earth.

Our Lord Jesus himself said;

Matthew 24:25-27.
25 Behold, I have told you before.

26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

How do you see lightning? Visibly or invisibly?

Even when Jesus ascended up back to heaven after his resurrection, the angels standing by said;

Acts 1:9-11
9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.

10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;

11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

He went back visibly and the passage said he will come back the same way.

But the Jehovah Witness teaches otherwise. I told you before that they oppose every single truth of the gospel. They are anti Christ. The earlier we know it, the better for us and those who are thinking of joining this cult.

Below is an excerpt from their book, You Can live forever in Paradise on earth. (Page 146)

'How, then, are we to understand the words of Revelation 1:7? There the apostle John writes: "Look! He is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, and those who pierced him; and all the tribes of the earth will beat themselves in grief because of him." Here the Bible speaks of seeing, not with physical eyes, but in the sense of discerning or perceiving. Thus, when a person comprehends or understands a matter, he may say, 'I see it.' The Bible, in fact, speaks of "the eyes of your understanding." (Ephesians 1:18, King James Version) So the expression "every eye will see him means that everyone will then understand or recognize that Christ is present'

May God deliver as many as have been held captives by this demonic doctrines in Jesus name. Amen.
LYING without shame.
Janosky have posted 2Thess1:7-9 more times than you can spell your moniker.
Shame on you
Re: Jehovah Witness Don't Believe That Jesus Is Coming Back by illicit(m): 4:28am On Oct 02, 2020
It is none of my 4kin biznez
Re: Jehovah Witness Don't Believe That Jesus Is Coming Back by Ken4Christ: 8:44am On Oct 02, 2020
Janosky:

LYING without shame.
Janosky have posted 2Thess1:7-9 more times than you can spell your moniker.
Shame on you

My words are very few. I quoted Scriptures. Which one is the lie?

You said in the other thread that there is no where Jehovah Witness said God took the body of Jesus. I showed you the evidence and even the page on the book I cited and you have remained mute.

Now you come to this thread to say I am lying. Make your points. We believe Jesus is coming back and your cult group said he is not. Why do you always subvert the truth of God's word?

How much are they paying you to defend lies. Remember you will give account of all that you say on judgment day. You want to rely on your lies that what you do on earth doesn't matter. Even Satan himself is learning how to lie compared with the lie of Jehovah Witness.
Re: Jehovah Witness Don't Believe That Jesus Is Coming Back by Ken4Christ: 8:56am On Oct 02, 2020
illicit:
It is none of my 4kin biznez

Really? It does. When you hear armed robbers are coming to your environment, how do you react? Do you say it's none of your business? We fear men but we are not afraid of God whose word is even more certain.

In the days of Noah, there was warning that flood was coming. They ignored Noah and kept on in their evil ways. But the flood did come and destroyed them all. They cried for help but the door was shut.

Receive Jesus now while you still have the opportunity and escape the coming wrath of God and the wicked reign of the anti Christ. The choice is yours.
Re: Jehovah Witness Don't Believe That Jesus Is Coming Back by illicit(m): 1:26pm On Oct 02, 2020
Ken4Christ:

Really? It does. When you hear armed robbers are coming to your environment, how do you react? Do you say it's none of your business? We fear men but we are not afraid of God whose word is even more certain.

In the days of Noah, there was warning that flood was coming. They ignored Noah and kept on in their evil ways. But the flood did come and destroyed them all. They cried for help but the door was shut.

Receive Jesus now while you still have the opportunity and escape the coming wrath of God and the wicked reign of the anti Christ. The choice is yours.

I don't care about Noah et Al....
Re: Jehovah Witness Don't Believe That Jesus Is Coming Back by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:47pm On Oct 02, 2020
Well i am one of Jehovah's Witnesses and i believe our Master, Lord and King (Jesus Christ) is coming back to establish his kingdom and rule the earth for 1,000 years! Revelations 20:6 wink
Perhaps you will import your own JWs from somewhere else! cheesy
Re: Jehovah Witness Don't Believe That Jesus Is Coming Back by Ken4Christ: 7:01pm On Oct 02, 2020
illicit:

I don't care about Noah et Al....

OK. Even the Jews rejected Jesus. They crucified him. They spat on him. But we will all stand before him to be judged. You can't escape Jesus. You either receive him as your Lord or meet him as your judge. You don't have power over this. It will happen.
Re: Jehovah Witness Don't Believe That Jesus Is Coming Back by illicit(m): 7:03pm On Oct 02, 2020
Ken4Christ:

OK. Even the Jews rejected Jesus. They crucified him. They spat on him. But we will all stand before him to be judged. You can't escape Jesus. You either receive him as your Lord or meet him as your judge. You don't have power over this. It will happen.

Do I look like I care
Re: Jehovah Witness Don't Believe That Jesus Is Coming Back by Ken4Christ: 7:09pm On Oct 02, 2020
illicit:

Do I look like I care

You don't. The Bible predicted there are countless millions like you. They are tagged 'sons of perdition' slain from the foundation of the world.
Re: Jehovah Witness Don't Believe That Jesus Is Coming Back by illicit(m): 7:11pm On Oct 02, 2020
Ken4Christ:

You don't. The Bible predicted there are countless millions like you. They are tagged 'sons of perdition' slain from the foundation of the world.

Yeah

I have my own opinion about you too but I reserve my comment
Re: Jehovah Witness Don't Believe That Jesus Is Coming Back by search4truth: 8:47pm On Oct 02, 2020
They would still come to say its all lies. I think you should bolden the excerpt from their book. Cultists must cult.
Re: Jehovah Witness Don't Believe That Jesus Is Coming Back by Ken4Christ: 10:45pm On Oct 02, 2020
illicit:

Yeah

I have my own opinion about you too but I reserve my comment

I am praying that one day you will have a divine encounter with Jesus that will change your life forever. Sometimes, God loves using stubborn people. When you see Jesus, your knees will buckle.
Re: Jehovah Witness Don't Believe That Jesus Is Coming Back by illicit(m): 10:53pm On Oct 02, 2020
Ken4Christ:

I am praying that one day you will have a divine encounter with Jesus that will change your life forever. Sometimes, God loves using stubborn people. When you see Jesus, your knees will buckle.

I pray one day you will have an encounter with Sango that will change your life forever. Sometimes Sango loves using adamant people. When u witness the power of Sango, ur mind go cut

how do u like it

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah Witness Don't Believe That Jesus Is Coming Back by Janosky: 12:16am On Oct 03, 2020
Ken4Christ:

My words are very few. I quoted Scriptures. Which one is the lie?

You said in the other thread that there is no where Jehovah Witness said God took the body of Jesus. I showed you the evidence and even the page on the book I cited and you have remained mute.

Now you come to this thread to say I am lying. Make your points. We believe Jesus is coming back and your cult group said he is not
. Why do you always subvert the truth of God's word?

How much are they paying you to defend lies. Remember you will give account of all that you say on judgment day. You want to rely on your lies that what you do on earth doesn't matter. Even Satan himself is learning how to lie compared with the lie of Jehovah Witness.

LYING Ken4..
The screenshots evidences says it all.
Cc:
Searchfortruth.
Come and and see the proof you are LYING and deceiving yourselves grin

Re: Jehovah Witness Don't Believe That Jesus Is Coming Back by Ken4Christ: 12:44am On Oct 03, 2020
Janosky:

LYING Ken4..
The screenshots evidences says it all.
Cc:
Searchfortruth.
Come and and see the proof you are LYING and deceiving yourselves grin

The future will tell who is lying. You will curse the day your mother gave birth to you when you land in the pit of hell. You will wonder how stupid you were.
Re: Jehovah Witness Don't Believe That Jesus Is Coming Back by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:10am On Oct 03, 2020
Ken4Christ:

The future will tell who is lying. You will curse the day your mother gave birth to you when you land in the pit of hell. You will wonder how stupid you were.

This is the same thing that's blurring your senses from thinking straight.
God never created any place of torment, it's a symbol of complete annihilation, simple
If your captors are holding you ransom with those lies then know that God has revealed their secret to humble and sincere individuals, the punishment for sin is DEATH! Romans 6:7,23 compare to Genesis 3:19
The fears infused in your brains with their movies is infectious to the extent of traveling from one person's brain to another, so if you're suffering from the nightmares of the movies they show you about a monstrous demon roasting people know that the true God detests such thing! Jeremiah 7:31,19:5
And as for your lies, that has been busted, JWs strongly believe that Jesus is coming back to judge the world and restore everlasting bliss! cheesy
Re: Jehovah Witness Don't Believe That Jesus Is Coming Back by Ken4Christ: 1:13pm On Oct 03, 2020
MaxInDHouse:

God never created any place of torment, it's a symbol of complete annihilation, simple
If your captors are holding you ransom with those lies then know that God has revealed their secret to humble and sincere individuals, the punishment for sin is DEATH! Romans 6:7,23 compare to Genesis 3:19
The fears infused in your brains with their movies is infectious to the extent of traveling from one person's brain to another, so if you're suffering from the nightmares of the movies they show you about a monstrous demon roasting people know that the true God detests such thing! Jeremiah 7:31,19:5
And as for your lies, that has been busted, JWs strongly believe that Jesus is coming back to judge the world and restore everlasting bliss! cheesy

You don't even know what your organization teach about the second coming of Jesus. They don't believe Jesus is coming back. In fact, they teach he came back since 1914.
Re: Jehovah Witness Don't Believe That Jesus Is Coming Back by Ken4Christ: 1:26pm On Oct 03, 2020
MaxInDHouse:

You should go back to school. Ask your teacher to tell you the meaning of Everlasting fire and Eternal fire. The beast and the false prophet thrown into the Lake of fire were acknowledged to be still there after 1,000 years. God will punish you for rejecting the truth of his word. Satan will tolerate the torment more than you.
Re: Jehovah Witness Don't Believe That Jesus Is Coming Back by AkinwaleJJ(f): 1:30pm On Oct 03, 2020
Ken4Christ:

You don't even know what your organization teach about the second coming of Jesus. They don't believe Jesus is coming back. In fact, they teach he came back since 1914.
Jesus actually visited the spiritual Temple that year to cleanse it, just as he did in the first century. But his second coming will be to judge the world!

1 Like

Re: Jehovah Witness Don't Believe That Jesus Is Coming Back by MuttleyLaff: 3:40pm On Oct 03, 2020
Ken4Christ:

AkinwaleJJ:
Jesus actually visited the spiritual Temple that year to cleanse it, just as he did in the first century. But his second coming will be to judge the world!
Yahshua Ha Mashiach aka Jesus Christ, actually in the 331/2 years of Him being on earth, came so that your human body, that currently is an earth suit, when you snuff it, the spirit within that human body, will return back to its Owner but your soul, that is has ben consecrated by the shedding of the precious blood of Yahshua Ha Mashiach aka Jesus Christ, to become a temple of God, for where the Godhead dwells, will go to rest and to a waiting place, pending the day of judgment when your soul will come forward to give account for every careless word spoken you uttered. You'll have to explain the reason(s) for your every word, thought and deed. For, I am sure, you get the point, that, the spirit breathed into man goes back to God after death, the body disintegrates, decomposes, breaks up, goes back to being dust, and that, the soul however goes a place, to await judgement at the appointed time. On that day, during that time, by your words, you will be acquitted, and by your words, you will be condemned, lmso. May God have mercy on hardened souls, lmso. These simples, harsh realities of life, should be enough for the wise to take note of, lmso.
Re: Jehovah Witness Don't Believe That Jesus Is Coming Back by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:50pm On Oct 03, 2020
Ken4Christ:

You should go back to school. Ask your teacher to tell you the meaning of Everlasting fire and Eternal fire. The beast and the false prophet thrown into the Lake of fire were acknowledged to be still there after 1,000 years. God will punish you for rejecting the truth of his word. Satan will tolerate the torment more than you.

Funny enough the lady who taught my school mate CRK back then happens to be an atheist! cheesy
So if any of us should go back to her now, she would say exactly what is in her mind not what she's obligated to inculcate based on the school curriculum! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Jehovah Witness Don't Believe That Jesus Is Coming Back by AkinwaleJJ(f): 3:54pm On Oct 03, 2020
Ken4Christ:

May God save us from your hands!
See how he's burning within upon the judgment that belongs to God, why not wait until then now? embarassed

1 Like

Re: Jehovah Witness Don't Believe That Jesus Is Coming Back by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:12pm On Oct 03, 2020
AkinwaleJJ:

May God save us from your hands!
See how he's burning within upon the judgment that belongs to God, why not wait until then now? embarassed

Those make believe movies has turned his head completely, now he feels like roasting people in fire like ancient worshipers of Molech! Jeremiah 7:31;19:5
Thanks to Jehovah that America has declared freedom of speech expression and worship, fanatics like him will be glad to torture people to death simply because they refused to accept his god! embarassed
Re: Jehovah Witness Don't Believe That Jesus Is Coming Back by MuttleyLaff: 4:32pm On Oct 03, 2020
There are three classes of posters on this thread and generally on the Religion forum, those who see, those who see when they are shown and those who do not see, just like the immediate two above me
Re: Jehovah Witness Don't Believe That Jesus Is Coming Back by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:43pm On Oct 03, 2020
illicit:

I pray one day you will have an encounter with Sango that will change your life forever. Sometimes Sango loves using adamant people. When u witness the power of Sango, ur mind go cut

Sango no get swag jor, he supposed to threaten Ken4Christ and roast him inside that fire that used to come out of his mouth for refusing to believe in Sango, then afterwards cure him and send him to go proselytizing for Sango by force by Fire! cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jehovah Witness Don't Believe That Jesus Is Coming Back by Ken4Christ: 4:45pm On Oct 03, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

Yahshua Ha Mashiach aka Jesus Christ, actually in the 331/2 years of Him being on earth, came so that your human body, that currently is an earth suit, when you snuff it, the spirit within that human body, will return back to its Owner but your soul, that is has ben consecrated by the shedding of the precious blood of Yahshua Ha Mashiach aka Jesus Christ, to become a temple of God, for where the Godhead dwells, will go to rest and to a waiting place, pending the day of judgment when your soul will come forward to give account for every careless word spoken you uttered. You'll have to explain the reason(s) for your every word, thought and deed. For, I am sure, you get the point, that, the spirit breathed into man goes back to God after death, the body disintegrates, decomposes, breaks up, goes back to being dust, and that, the soul however goes a place, to await judgement at the appointed time. On that day, during that time, by your words, you will be acquitted, and by your words, you will be condemned, lmso. May God have mercy on hardened souls, lmso. These simples, harsh realities of life, should be enough for the wise to take note of, lmso.

The soul goes to hell. The story of the rich man and Lazarus settles it. Even Jonah went to hell. Our Lord Jesus went to hell on account of us because he was made sin for us on the cross.
Re: Jehovah Witness Don't Believe That Jesus Is Coming Back by Ken4Christ: 4:50pm On Oct 03, 2020
MaxInDHouse:

Funny enough the lady who taught my school mate CRK back then happens to be an atheist! cheesy
So if any of us should go back to her now, she would say exactly what is in her mind not what she's obligated to inculcate based on the school curriculum! cheesy

OK. Go and check your dictionary for the meaning of everlasting. It's only to Jehovah Witness that the meaning changes just to establish their dogma.

You are not afraid of God. God uses a simple and clear term to explain certain truth to use, you chose to reject the truth and you are telling gullible souls that everlasting means short-lived. You see your wickedness. Satan is very happy that he has sure victims to torment in hell. You go suffer ehh.
Re: Jehovah Witness Don't Believe That Jesus Is Coming Back by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:50pm On Oct 03, 2020
Ken4Christ:

The soul goes to hell. The story of the rich man and Lazarus settles it. Even Jonah went to hell. Our Lord Jesus went to hell on account of us because he was made sin for us on the cross.

Ezekiel 18:4 cheesy
Re: Jehovah Witness Don't Believe That Jesus Is Coming Back by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:54pm On Oct 03, 2020
Ken4Christ:

OK. Go and check your dictionary for the meaning of everlasting. It's only to Jehovah Witness that the meaning changes just to establish their dogma.

You are not afraid of God. God uses a simple and clear term to explain certain truth to use, you chose to reject the truth and you are telling gullible souls that everlasting means short-lived. You see your wickedness. Satan is very happy that he has sure victims to torment in hell. You go suffer ehh.

Make believe movies don full your head so tey you no fit think straight again. So the devil deceived people and he will still be the one to torment the deceived shey? cheesy

Shai e no go better for those filmmakers that filled your brains with all these nightmares! cheesy
Re: Jehovah Witness Don't Believe That Jesus Is Coming Back by MuttleyLaff: 4:55pm On Oct 03, 2020
Ken4Christ:
There is more to what you learned, know and understanding hell to be brother. Read on to get a proper handle on this please, lmso

MuttleyLaff:
Hell or better put, Hades, actually is, a Greek concept, and the Jews, in reality have no concept of Hell or Hades, they have Sheol, alright, but as for the concept of Hell or Hades, this is a Greek one.

Now Ken4Christ, it will interest you to appreciate, that, Sheol is more of a proper and real biblical Israelite concept of where the dead are ''interned'' Sheol in an oversimplified or elementary manner can be grave and/or has been referred to as grave

Grave aka tomb, crypts, ossuaries, sepulchre sites, cemetery, catacombs, mausoleum et cetera are merely places of deposit for a corpse. So Blabbermouth, Sheol is the realm of where the dead or departed souls are confined, sent down into, held et cetera.

Contrary to popular belief, souls, do not linger in the air. Souls, do not stay in limbo. Souls, do not hang about. Souls, do not make revisits et cetera

Ken4Christ, real magic happens when you understand the "how" So this is "how" the real magic happened/happens. Over here, we accept Yahshua Ha Mashiach aka Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior of the whole wide world, believe in Him as the Son of God, by default become automatically born-again (i.e. born from high) and because of the confession with mouth, that “Jesus is Lord,” and believing in our heart that God raised Him from the dead, we are saved by His grace, but here is the thing, until Yahshua Ha Mashiach aka Jesus Christ in the New Testament astonishing interjection, Sheol, in general, to the Jews, without necessarily distinguishing between righteous or unrighteous souls, has been the realm of the dead or abode of the dead. Period.

We have verses in OT (e.g. Psalm 9:17 etcetera) suggesting that the wicked go to Sheol but it was, Yahshua Ha Mashiach aka Jesus Christ in the New Testament that brought things into perspective when He shared the hyperbolic illustration of Sheol with the story of the Rich Man being elsewhere and Abraham with the Poor Man being on a different side.

Remember Ken4Christ, just like because if you're telling a joke, it doesn't necessarily mean, the joke is devoid of some element of truth and reality, so is the case with the parable of the rich man and poor man hyperbolic illustration, given by Yahshua Ha Mashiach aka Jesus Christ

Digging in deeper into this. Sheol (i.e. the original Hebrew concept of afterlife) now, has gray lines shared with Gehenna (i.e. the refuse dump in Jerusalem hyperbolically referred to, by Jesus in Matthew 5:29 Matthew 18:9 and Mark 9:47) and Hell (i.e. a Greek mythology and Greek concept of afterlife) which arent by most, really understood.

The etymology of afterlife from a Jewish concept (i.e. Sheol, with 2 sections) has changed over time and Sheol, since, has being interchangeably replaced with Gehenna and Hell/Hades

Reiterating, Hell which has become synonymous with Hades, is neither Hebrew or Greek in origin. Sheol is, what you'll find in the original Hebrew text for any word for Hell. In other places, Hades or Hell was the Greek substitution for the part of Sheol where the Rich man is, from the Parable of the Rich Man and lazarus

As a matter of fact, Hell, actually finds it roots in the classic Greek mythology, Hades, where Hades interestingly and actually, was the ancient Greek god of the underworld's name. This god's name (i.e. Hades) later turned to mean the place or abode of the dead, which actually is exactly what Sheol is, what is signifies or represents.

If we are to talk about Gehenna, well it is a valley, a valley in Jerusalem, used as a dumping refuse site and so was used by Yahshua Ha Mashiach aka Jesus Christ to depict the Lake of fire (i.e. it is a place of destruction, as in, via incineration, a place for destroying things)

As I have earlier mentioned, where Gehenna was the incinerating refuse dump in Jerusalem, Hades however, historically and originally is the name of a Greek god until it got turned to meaning the place or abode of the dead. It later got interchanged with Hell, which is from a German word root.

It was bible translators who were substituting the original Hebrew word Sheol (i.e. the part where the dead of the Rich man sort are), with Greek counterparts Hades/Hell that made the legacy word(s), Hades/Hell, stick with us today

Death, is not a physical person but it will cease to exist because it will be destroyed when figuratively thrown into a physical lake of fire

Ken4Christ, on a side note, this might interest you, do you know that in Yoruba spirituality, there is the absence of a concept of sin and that doubly interesting, in same Yoruba spirituality, there is the absence eternal damnation or any kind of judgement after the end of the world. Yoruba spirituality happens to be Hell/Hades/Lake of Fire agnostic

I hope, Ken4Christ, you didn't find my the "how" explanation long winded, just as I did advanced warn
Re: Jehovah Witness Don't Believe That Jesus Is Coming Back by MuttleyLaff: 5:40pm On Oct 03, 2020
Testing, if this post will get hidden or not

PS: Ken4Christ, calm down, you are mistaking, what the biblical correct meaning of "torment" is.

Also if you understand what Gehenna is, and how it is used by Yahshua Ha Mashiach aka Jesus Christ, then you'll have a good understanding of what "everlasting" means with respect to describing the fire in the Lake of Fire, lmso. Do you at all know, how the soul of the man, in the rich man and Lazarus parable told by Yahshua Ha Mashiach aka Jesus Christ, was tormented?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Exclusively for you eviana3 / Can A Christian Drink An Alcoholic Drink? / Aliens Are The Angels And Demons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.