Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,258 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:41 AM

FG Introduces New Visa Policies For UK, U.S, UAE, France, 147 Others - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FG Introduces New Visa Policies For UK, U.S, UAE, France, 147 Others (37261 Views)

UK Announces New Visa Application Centre In Port Harcourt / FG Introduces Temporary Passports For Nigerians Abroad / Federal Government To Introduce A New Visa Policy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Introduces New Visa Policies For UK, U.S, UAE, France, 147 Others by Islie: 7:43am On Oct 02, 2020
The Nigeria Immigra­tion Service (NIS) has introduced a new visa regime for citi­zens of the United Kingdom, United States, United Arab Emirates (UAE), France, and 147 other countries.

The service said that the new regime, which consists of transit, business (single), business (multiple), tourism, visiting (single), visiting (mul­tiple), journalist, cleric, med­ical tourism, religious, study tour, academic exchange, cul­tural exchange, humanitari­an, emergency, Staff of NGO visas, Temporary Work Per­mit (TWP) and others attract different fees and it is based on the principle of reciprocity.

The new regime, which commenced on Thursday, Oc­tober 1, Mr. Sunday James, the Service Public Relations Offi­cer (PRO), said was approved by Ogbeni Ra’uf Aregbesola, the Minister of Interior.

According to the new re­gime, citizens from the Unit­ed Kingdom on transit visa would pay the sum of $84, multiple visa attracts $801, visiting (single), $125; study tour, $250; academic exchange, $250.

For the United States’ citi­zens, transit visa attracts $160; business (single), $160; medi­cal tourism, $250, while TWP visa now goes for $460.

For citizens of the UAE, transit visa is now $15 and $25; tourism visa, $87; visiting (single), $166; visiting (multi­ple), $425.

For French citizens, busi­ness visa (single), $71; busi­ness (multiple), $177; tour­ism, $71; visiting (single), $71; visiting (multiple), $117; jour­nalist, $71; cleric, $71; med­ical tourism, $71; religious, $71; sports, $71; emergency, $71; study tour, $71; academic exchange, $71; cultural ex­change, $71; humanitarian exchange, $71; staff of INGO, $71; while TWP visa attracts, $117.

Countries that attracted different visa regimes in­cluded Dominica, Dominica Republic, DR. Congo, Egypt, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Fiji, Australia, Austria, Azer­baijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Be­larus, and Belgium.

Others are Canada, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Germany, Iraq, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Libya, Mexico, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Seychelles, Slovenia, South Africa, Sin­gapore, South Korea, Spain, Sweden and many others.

Citizens from West African countries like Gabon, Ghana, Liberia, Benin, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Chad, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Ghana, Gam­bia, Togo, Liberia, Mali, Sen­egal, Sierra Leone, and oth­ers are exempted from visa fees, while Mauritius and Sri Lankan citizens are visa free.

James in the statement said that the new visa regime is based on the principle of reciprocity and urged stake­holders, concerned authori­ties, and individuals to visit the official website of the ser­vice for more information on the new policy.

Part of the statement read: “The Comptroller General is inviting stakeholders, con­cerned authorities and in­dividuals to visit the official website of the service via www.nigeriaimmigration. gov.ng for full details of the new visa fees for all countries and categories of applicants.

“Equally, the service will commence the implementa­tion of the Nigeria Visa Policy 2020 (NVP 2020), launched on the 4th February, 2020, by Pres­ident Muhammadu Buhari.

“The implementation of the new visa fees and Nige­ria Visa Policy 2020 (NVP 2020) commences on 1st Oc­tober, 2020.”

INDEPENDENT

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Introduces New Visa Policies For UK, U.S, UAE, France, 147 Others by nrexzy: 7:48am On Oct 02, 2020
Nice one

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Introduces New Visa Policies For UK, U.S, UAE, France, 147 Others by Nobody: 7:49am On Oct 02, 2020
Hmmm, my only issue with these is... no issues grin

9 Likes

Re: FG Introduces New Visa Policies For UK, U.S, UAE, France, 147 Others by Enudapan: 7:49am On Oct 02, 2020
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so sophisticated

Buh who needs Nigerian visa
Even if it is given free many white people
Will still reject it

Buh no qualms shaa, I pray one of my uncountable client from UK gets a Visa to
Nigeria make I carry her enter mushin give am
mushin weed, and cashout for her body full time

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Introduces New Visa Policies For UK, U.S, UAE, France, 147 Others by Chucks1989(m): 7:49am On Oct 02, 2020
How will the policy change the price of cup of rice in the market?

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Introduces New Visa Policies For UK, U.S, UAE, France, 147 Others by phransix2: 7:50am On Oct 02, 2020
9ja dey hustle everybody oh, dem no come to play oh... Money must complete

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Introduces New Visa Policies For UK, U.S, UAE, France, 147 Others by BOOKWORMLUX(m): 7:50am On Oct 02, 2020
Everytime new policies.
MEANWHILE, if u haven't booked space on nairaland click like, otherwise click share.

2 Likes

Re: FG Introduces New Visa Policies For UK, U.S, UAE, France, 147 Others by sammysmiles(m): 7:50am On Oct 02, 2020
No qualms...
Re: FG Introduces New Visa Policies For UK, U.S, UAE, France, 147 Others by inoki247: 7:50am On Oct 02, 2020
Na all Avenue this people just dey use task person
Re: FG Introduces New Visa Policies For UK, U.S, UAE, France, 147 Others by magicminister: 7:50am On Oct 02, 2020
Good!!

While the this administration is very far from perfect, I really see them trying to move this country forward.

I might get crucified for this but I strongly believe that this administration is better than the previous one.

- What they really need to do now is to remove that petroleum subsidy and open the oil industry. Hopefully this will be implemented sooner than later.

- sell all federal university to the respective state or to well better and capable individual investors with the ability to adequately run the schools.
If sold to private investors, there must be an agreement for them to hit certain milestone ever decade and also open to frequent audit

Nigeria will be great!
If Osinbajo runs for presidency, I will personally campaign for him for free!!

God bless Nigeria

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Introduces New Visa Policies For UK, U.S, UAE, France, 147 Others by Coldie(m): 7:50am On Oct 02, 2020
There's no need increasing price for study visa for american and UK citizens, cause we all know that, american or french citizen hardly come to Nigeria to study

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Introduces New Visa Policies For UK, U.S, UAE, France, 147 Others by adesegun121(m): 7:50am On Oct 02, 2020
Noted

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Introduces New Visa Policies For UK, U.S, UAE, France, 147 Others by StPete: 7:50am On Oct 02, 2020
What is special about the Nigerian visa?

If I was given on a platter of gold sef, I no go think am

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Introduces New Visa Policies For UK, U.S, UAE, France, 147 Others by bolaayenimo: 7:50am On Oct 02, 2020
Who takes yeye FG Visa policy serious

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Introduces New Visa Policies For UK, U.S, UAE, France, 147 Others by Sonnobax15(m): 7:50am On Oct 02, 2020
grin. abeg on behalf of our FG,we,the peaceful Nigerians are apologizing to the UK and the US government in advance,for our FG don't know what they are doing........ please FG should stop escalating our already made problems for us

which kind country Dem born me put ?

nothing wey common man dey benefit from Nigeria....

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Introduces New Visa Policies For UK, U.S, UAE, France, 147 Others by XXLMANDIGO: 7:51am On Oct 02, 2020
sad

So tired of this country, the attendant pain, hardship,the insecurities, the hopelessness and uncertainties.

Nairalanders I am not underaged but I seriously need to be assisted or adopted before I give it all up.

It's a pity life have to be this cruel to the Ordinary citizens and masses.

angry sad embarassed cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Introduces New Visa Policies For UK, U.S, UAE, France, 147 Others by oz4real83(m): 7:51am On Oct 02, 2020
"Visa for Medical tourism" to Nigeria? Maybe na for all those herbal or traditional medicine the tourists are coming for ooo grin grin

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Introduces New Visa Policies For UK, U.S, UAE, France, 147 Others by Risingblue008(m): 7:51am On Oct 02, 2020
D
Re: FG Introduces New Visa Policies For UK, U.S, UAE, France, 147 Others by mastercee(m): 7:51am On Oct 02, 2020
Medical Tourism cheesy

5 Likes

Re: FG Introduces New Visa Policies For UK, U.S, UAE, France, 147 Others by HigherEd: 7:51am On Oct 02, 2020
Medical tourism grin

7 Likes

Re: FG Introduces New Visa Policies For UK, U.S, UAE, France, 147 Others by BruncleZuma: 7:51am On Oct 02, 2020
grin grin grin grin

None of the countries mentioned except the African countries have any form of reciprocity visa option even Sri Lanka.
Re: FG Introduces New Visa Policies For UK, U.S, UAE, France, 147 Others by Otaiky(m): 7:51am On Oct 02, 2020
noted
Re: FG Introduces New Visa Policies For UK, U.S, UAE, France, 147 Others by gulfer: 7:52am On Oct 02, 2020
Chai, if these countries now increase their visa fees; we will now be complaining....... angry angry angry

5 Likes

Re: FG Introduces New Visa Policies For UK, U.S, UAE, France, 147 Others by crossfm: 7:52am On Oct 02, 2020
FG is working. grin
Re: FG Introduces New Visa Policies For UK, U.S, UAE, France, 147 Others by CocoaOla: 7:52am On Oct 02, 2020
People dying to enter nigeria not even south africa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Introduces New Visa Policies For UK, U.S, UAE, France, 147 Others by Galactico4ever(m): 7:53am On Oct 02, 2020
Okay,noted.
Re: FG Introduces New Visa Policies For UK, U.S, UAE, France, 147 Others by Saao(m): 7:53am On Oct 02, 2020
mastercee:
Medical Tourism cheesy
I thought I was the one that saw that.
Re: FG Introduces New Visa Policies For UK, U.S, UAE, France, 147 Others by AltCtrlDel: 7:53am On Oct 02, 2020
For United States citizens, transit visa attracts $160, business (single); $160, medical tourism; $250, while TWP visa now goes for $460.

The bolded cracked me up grin grin grin

Dem dey call animals weyn get bones, snail sef dey follow say I dey hia

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pls I Want To Travel To Canada How Do I Start An How Much Is The Cost / Driver Crashes Into A Residential Building After Accident Caused By Insect. Pics / 5 Types Of Police Vehicles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.