Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Fuel Tanker Rams Into Cars, Tricycles In Nsukka, Injures Many (photos) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Fuel Tanker Rams Into Cars, Tricycles In Nsukka, Injures Many (photos) (312 Views)

Zulum Launches 500 Tricycles, 100 Toyota Corolla LE Taxi & 10 41-Seater Buses / Petrol Tanker Rams Into Vehicles Along Abuja Highway, Many People Feared Dead / Trailer Accident Injures Many In Gombe (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Tanker Rams Into Cars, Tricycles In Nsukka, Injures Many (photos) by HenryQuest(m): 12:06pm On Oct 02, 2020
A fully loaded fuel tanker, on Friday, rammed into cars and tricycles awaiting a traffic light signal around the Bishop Shanahan hospital area in the University town of Nsukka, VANTAGE NEWS reports.

An eye witness told VANTAGE NEWS that the driver of the trailer coming from the Ogige market axis and heading towards Total Roundabout failed to apply break of the heavy-duty vehicle and forcefully hit at cars and tricycles waiting for traffic light to signal for movement.

One of the affected Tricycle drivers, Paschal Ameh, told VANTAGE NEWS that the trailer on high speed rammed into him and every other tricycles and cars on the road.

He said, “what happened is that as I was coming down, the traffic light showed red, and I stopped together with some other tricycles and cars. Then this very big tanker was coming from behind with a loud horn. Before I knew what was happening, the tanker forcefully hit my Keke (tricycle) and I found myself close to the drainage with minor injuries.

“It is a miracle that I survived because my Keke (tricycle) tumbled and I thought I was going to die.”

Ameh, told VANTAGE NEWS that although no life was lost, some persons sustained injuries as a result of the crash and were taken to the nearby Bishop Shanahan hospital to receive medical attention.

VANTAGE NEWS learnt that the driver of the tanker immediately abandoned the heavy-duty vehicle and ran away after the accident.

A closer look showed that the tanker is leaky and still abandoned directly opposite the Kenechukwu Microfinance bank that shares a fence with Bishop Shanahan hospital as at the time of filing this report.

Source:

https://vantagenews.ng/2020/10/02/fuel-tanker-rams-into-cars-tricycles-in-nsukka-injures-many-photos/

Re: Fuel Tanker Rams Into Cars, Tricycles In Nsukka, Injures Many (photos) by Jafar1: 12:07pm On Oct 02, 2020
Avoidable accidents every single day...

What a country..
Quick recovery to the injured.
Re: Fuel Tanker Rams Into Cars, Tricycles In Nsukka, Injures Many (photos) by Kpomosauce: 12:10pm On Oct 02, 2020
angry
Re: Fuel Tanker Rams Into Cars, Tricycles In Nsukka, Injures Many (photos) by Nobody: 10:26pm On Oct 02, 2020
the tanker driver was drunk or some thing ?? don't he see d red light ?

(1) (Reply)

One Of The Most Beautiful Waterfalls In Northern Nigeria / Channels Rocket Spacecraft Falls To Earth / The 7 Wonders Of The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.