Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,099 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

We Collect N9.3million Monthly- House Of Reps - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Collect N9.3million Monthly- House Of Reps (524 Views)

Lagos State To Enforce Monthly House Rent Payment Starting December 2024. / BREAKING: Patience Jonathan Forfeits $8.4 Million, N9.2 Billion To Fed Govt / Photo Of N9.2billion Stoves Bought During Jonathan's Era Kept At Abuja Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Collect N9.3million Monthly- House Of Reps by Ijcharis(f): 4:00pm On Oct 02, 2020
A member of the House of Representatives, Hon Simon Karu recently revealed the salary each member gets every month.

Hon Simon Karu, member representing Kaltungo/Shongom Federal Constituency of Gombe State, announced on Thursday, the lower chamber salary during a program organized to celebrate Nigerian Independence Day.

Hon Simon Karu, however, noted that the official salary of a member of the House of Representatives is N800,000, while the office running cost for each member is N8.5 million monthly.

Together, this shows that each member gets N9.3million monthly.

Hon Karu made the revelation on Thursday, at the Umaru Musa Yar’adua Centre, in Abuja, during a "Fix Nigeria@60” program titled:

"Sustainable and efficient democracy: Issues on accountability and transparency in governance."

He said: "The official salary of a member, House of Representatives which I also receive monthly is N800,000."

"The office running cost of a member of the House of Representatives is N8.5 million."

"I told you I was going to say it, why don’t you wait for me to say it? Those of you who know, know that I said exactly what it is," he added.

See other Members Reaction: https://news.1app.online/reps-member-hon-simon-karu-reveals-salary-each-member-gets-monthly/

Re: We Collect N9.3million Monthly- House Of Reps by yuhsa: 4:04pm On Oct 02, 2020
our country
Re: We Collect N9.3million Monthly- House Of Reps by Jafar1: 4:06pm On Oct 02, 2020
Did u include allowances and loots?
Re: We Collect N9.3million Monthly- House Of Reps by Brandstudio01: 4:12pm On Oct 02, 2020
Little wonder the country you were asked to represent is very rich
Re: We Collect N9.3million Monthly- House Of Reps by Simplyleo: 4:12pm On Oct 02, 2020
You collect 9.3m monthly for doing what exactly?

Your salaries and allowances shouldn't be more than 93k monthly so at least you have something to expect every month. But by standards of your outputs, you shouldn't collect more than National Minimum wage. angry
Re: We Collect N9.3million Monthly- House Of Reps by Blankstare(m): 4:47pm On Oct 02, 2020
Lies, a rep member don't earn less than 15m a month
Re: We Collect N9.3million Monthly- House Of Reps by IamWonderful: 4:48pm On Oct 02, 2020
No wonder, 9.3 million is too much for just sitting and talking
Re: We Collect N9.3million Monthly- House Of Reps by ERockson: 5:04pm On Oct 02, 2020
Plus constituency allowance they manage anyhow
Re: We Collect N9.3million Monthly- House Of Reps by Nobody: 5:37pm On Oct 02, 2020
And one clown was here screeching about how it's wrong for Nigerians to think Nigeria is rich. These retards sit two and a half times per month, with majority of them not contributing anything to the session, and get paid massively for that.

1 Like

Re: We Collect N9.3million Monthly- House Of Reps by updatechange(m): 5:48pm On Oct 02, 2020
And the list goes on and on grin

Meanwhile someone is out there on the street with nothing to eat no hope in this same mofoooo's constituency.
Re: We Collect N9.3million Monthly- House Of Reps by nazicartel(m): 6:24pm On Oct 02, 2020
The money is much.... They should wait for me soon...
Re: We Collect N9.3million Monthly- House Of Reps by tobechi74: 8:13pm On Oct 02, 2020
Congratulations
Re: We Collect N9.3million Monthly- House Of Reps by Nobody: 8:19pm On Oct 02, 2020
Naija is rich abeg, you can't tell me nada, yet they keep borrowing money from China.

(1) (Reply)

USA Blocks African Students..... / BREAKING; NULGE Loses National President, To Be Buried today in Kano / METRO PLUS Exploded Lagos Gas Plant Operated Without Planning Permit — Investig

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.