Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,982 members, 7,814,342 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

Crash Feed Cost Now, Use Insect Protein - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Crash Feed Cost Now, Use Insect Protein (1488 Views)

UV nylon, insect Net, Shade Net, profile lock, wiggle wire and sprinklers, drip / Profitable Fish Farming By 50% Cut In Feed Cost / Cut At Least 50% Off From Your Fish Feed Cost (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crash Feed Cost Now, Use Insect Protein by alimology: 4:39pm On Oct 02, 2020
My name is Ayobami. People call me AY BSF, AY no waste and AY protein. I got to know about BSF through different YouTube videos and available pdf books but I was unable to start. So, I went for two weeks training on Insect for Food and Feed at International Center For Insect Physiology and Entomology [b](ICIPE), [/b]Nairobi Kenya. That is how my protein story started. That is about enough for an introduction. Let us begin.
It is no news again that livestock farming under present feed cost, no matter the formulation you try is not lucrative as we used to know. Some farmers hardly break even. Some have associated this to COVID-19, but Covid or no Covid, we need to make some radical changes in the livestock sector if we want to profit.
Let us sit down and analyse this together. 70% of poultry production cost is on feeding, 60% of which is on protein ingredient. So, you will agree with me that if we have solution to protein we would have reduced production cost by 45%. I believe that as a profit oriented livestock farmer, you are already looking at how you can grab this opportunity.
You must have heard of insect protein, or at least maggot. We all know that magot are natural food for your birds and fishes and not soybean or PKC. I also agree with you that housefly is not environmental friendly which is why this write-up is not promoting housefly maggot.
What insect protein am I talking about then. Black Soldier Fly (Hermetia illucen) is a family of insect like house fly but in many ways better than housefly. It is environmental friendly.
Enough about the fly, let's talk about the larva, which is the protein source. BSF protein is a super protein source . With 47% crude protein, IBS larvae provide your livestock with natural and 100% organic protein for your animals. It is rich in all 30 essential amino acids and other amino acid the keep your animal growing and preserve there natural health. If you're are in poultry business this is an opportunity for you. If you're in fishery business, then you need to pay a very close attention to this thread because you may not need to buy feed anymore.
Well, some people have known BSF only on YouTube, watching those asians doing BSF is amazing but where do you start from.

1 Like

Re: Crash Feed Cost Now, Use Insect Protein by jamace(m): 10:58am On Oct 03, 2020
Following the lecture. Continue, OP.
Re: Crash Feed Cost Now, Use Insect Protein by Yemighty2(m): 11:00am On Oct 03, 2020
Ok seen
Re: Crash Feed Cost Now, Use Insect Protein by alimology: 3:46pm On Oct 06, 2020
Let's get back to business.
1 kg of fish meal is presently sold for 1,100 naira. 1 gram of BSF egg will grow to 4kg fresh weight in 13 days feeding on waste.
BSF converts 20 to 40 percent waste to insect protein depending on waste stream used. Each organic waste used have different nutrient content the higher the nutrients in substrate the less the remnant and vise versa. The residue BSF larvae leave behind after feeding is called larva frass and it's very rich in NPK for your crop.
The following are the waste streams I have been using for BSF feeding, you can also try some other waste depending on availability in your locality or your farm :
1. Fruit waste
2. Kitchen waste (food left over)
3 poultry waste (layers more preferable)
4. Pig waste
I've been growning BSF with all these waste stream for one year and I can with my pool of experience guide you to the best output.
Re: Crash Feed Cost Now, Use Insect Protein by alimology: 3:56pm On Oct 06, 2020
This is a view of my insectarium

Re: Crash Feed Cost Now, Use Insect Protein by alimology: 6:34am On Oct 13, 2020
Egg collected from our in one of our insectarium on monday 12/10

Re: Crash Feed Cost Now, Use Insect Protein by brain54(m): 8:35am On Oct 13, 2020
you are quite right about 70% of cost of poultry production going into feeding.... as a business man I always look for cheaper alternatives with better results...I have always felt maggots are unhealthy for birds...reason I ensure my birds do not eat them..cos indirectly poultry litter would always produce maggots... my question is how healthy is this means of feeding for the birds themselves? any side effects? I am sceptical about feeding my birds such.
Re: Crash Feed Cost Now, Use Insect Protein by alimology: 7:34pm On Oct 16, 2020
@brain24 feeding larvae to birds doesn't affect them because it is there natural food if left alone to graze. Cleaning it thoroughly however before feeding them to your birds will prevent contamination. Maggot in themselves are not contaminant but because they feed on waste, they need to be thoroughly washed before use.
At our facility we do all processing for BSF and check the level of microbes for safety.
We also extract oil from our insect which is better than vegetable oil in animal fat inclusion.
So, in a not shell, feeding your birds with BSF larvae is good and health. I hope this help
Re: Crash Feed Cost Now, Use Insect Protein by IRIENBOY(m): 9:11am On Oct 17, 2020
Nice
Re: Crash Feed Cost Now, Use Insect Protein by brain54(m): 2:47pm On Oct 17, 2020
Re: Crash Feed Cost Now, Use Insect Protein by brain54(m): 2:47pm On Oct 17, 2020
so in a nutshell kindly tell what you are offering... is it a lecture or direct sales of the insect larva as feed?

2 Likes

Re: Crash Feed Cost Now, Use Insect Protein by greenmonk: 6:13pm On Dec 04, 2020
Kkh

alimology:
My name is Ayobami. People call me AY BSF, AY no waste and AY protein. I got to know about BSF through different YouTube videos and available pdf books but I was unable to start. So, I went for two weeks training on Insect for Food and Feed at International Center For Insect Physiology and Entomology [b](ICIPE), [/b]Nairobi Kenya. That is how my protein story started. That is about enough for an introduction. Let us begin.
It is no news again that livestock farming under present feed cost, no matter the formulation you try is not lucrative as we used to know. Some farmers hardly break even. Some have associated this to COVID-19, but Covid or no Covid, we need to make some radical changes in the livestock sector if we want to profit.
Let us sit down and analyse this together. 70% of poultry production cost is on feeding, 60% of which is on protein ingredient. So, you will agree with me that if we have solution to protein we would have reduced production cost by 45%. I believe that as a profit oriented livestock farmer, you are already looking at how you can grab this opportunity.
You must have heard of insect protein, or at least maggot. We all know that magot are natural food for your birds and fishes and not soybean or PKC. I also agree with you that housefly is not environmental friendly which is why this write-up is not promoting housefly maggot.
What insect protein am I talking about then. Black Soldier Fly (Hermetia illucen) is a family of insect like house fly but in many ways better than housefly. It is environmental friendly.
Enough about the fly, let's talk about the larva, which is the protein source. BSF protein is a super protein source . With 47% crude protein, IBS larvae provide your livestock with natural and 100% organic protein for your animals. It is rich in all 30 essential amino acids and other amino acid the keep your animal growing and preserve there natural health. If you're are in poultry business this is an opportunity for you. If you're in fishery business, then you need to pay a very close attention to this thread because you may not need to buy feed anymore.
Well, some people have known BSF only on YouTube, watching those asians doing BSF is amazing but where do you start from.

Re: Crash Feed Cost Now, Use Insect Protein by Larryejomafuvwe(m): 9:23pm On Jan 12, 2021
alimology:
@brain24 feeding larvae to birds doesn't affect them because it is there natural food if left alone to graze. Cleaning it thoroughly however before feeding them to your birds will prevent contamination. Maggot in themselves are not contaminant but because they feed on waste, they need to be thoroughly washed before use.
At our facility we do all processing for BSF and check the level of microbes for safety.
We also extract oil from our insect which is better than vegetable oil in animal fat inclusion.
So, in a not shell, feeding your birds with BSF larvae is good and health. I hope this help

Pls give bro can you drop your contact so you can be reached
Re: Crash Feed Cost Now, Use Insect Protein by alimology: 12:21pm On Jan 17, 2021
You can contact me through call or WhatsApp on :07035418409
Re: Crash Feed Cost Now, Use Insect Protein by alimology: 10:47am On Jan 27, 2021
Good morning, it's been a while I posted here.
With respect to articles above, I've received numbers of calls and text from farmers seeking to know how to start a working BSF colony on their own.
To this end, I've been working with a team to lunch a platform on insect production focusing on BSF.
Entohub Academy , will focus on empowering livestock and fish farmers into harnessing the power of insect technology to take control of their feed cost and be more profitable.
So, if you look properly at your financial record as a livestock or fish farmer, you will notice high percentage of your funds go to feeding your animals.
The idea of Entohub Academy was initiated as a result of our interest in helping farmers make profit. There is ko better time to start this Academy than now.
What you should be expecting from Entohub Academy
You probably have read alot, done research, watch YouTube videos on black soldier fly production. But one thing is certain, non of these videos and texts are showing you exactly how to begin. I had this problem too before I went for a training in ICIPE, kenya where I learnt insect breeding technology
It is during this training that I learnt that insect production can actually be learnt online with proper mentoring.
What the training showed me in essence is how to begin and lose of Operation. In two days o was able to master procedure for BSF production and spent three more days on cricket and grasshopper . The training didn't show me what challenges I may face along the way.
Presently, my colony produce about 300 grams of BSF egg every two days, that is equivalent to 1.2 tons of fresh BSF larvae. That seems to be ok right?
What Entohub Academy will offer you include
1. Step by step approach to BSF production
2. My 2 years experience in BSF production
3. Precision management strategy
The training will be straight to practical, I believe yiu can get as much theory as you want on the internet
To find out more about this training and to be part of it, join our WhatsApp group

https:///ItvFn7Lu03fLj4rvSVrbrG
Re: Crash Feed Cost Now, Use Insect Protein by timsucess(m): 1:10pm On Jun 23, 2021
greenmonk:
Kkh

can I talk to you about BSF farming

(1) (Reply)

Quail Eggs For Sale, Quail Eggs Marketer Needed / Please How Much Can I Get A Pregnant Pig Now. / Locally Fabricated Agro Processing Machines. E.g. Extruder Floating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.