Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,140 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

Ore Will Be The New Nnewi Before 2024 – Akeredolu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ore Will Be The New Nnewi Before 2024 – Akeredolu (776 Views)

Ore Will Be The New Nnewi By 2024 - - - Aketi / Ore Will Be Economic Hub / Firm’s $600m Investment In Iron Ore Will Boost Nigeria’s Economy – Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Ore Will Be The New Nnewi Before 2024 – Akeredolu by Ctorch: 8:38pm On Oct 02, 2020
Oluwarotimi Akeredolu the Governor of Ondo State, has sent a message of hope to the people of the state, declaring that Ore, a commercial town in Odigbo Local Government Area (LGA) of the State, will be like Nnewi, an industrial town in Anambra State before 2024, if he’s reelected.
There are 7 companies currently operating at the Ondo-Linyi Industrial Park, Ore, facilitated by the Ondo State Development and Investment Promotion Agency (ONDIPA).
Speaking on Friday when he visited Odigbo LGA, in continuation of his second term campaign, Akeredolu promised to turn Ore to a fully industrial town before 2024, saying “my second term shall be a blessing to the younger generation”.

“Because of what we have done in Ore, Kabiyesi told me not to bother to come here to campaign but we said we would come here to show appreciation to the people for their support.
“By the grace of God, we have just started. We started with the Ore Redemption Bridge because we needed to ensure safety before hitting the ground fully.
“I am a believer of God. I am saying again, that by the grace of God, Ore will be turned to a new Nnewi before February 2024. Presently, we have seven companies here, including a cassava to ethanol factory. And because of that, cassava is now like gold in Ondo. The cassava available in Ondo State is not even enough for the factory, the company go as far as Taraba State to get Cassava.
“I want to congratulate all cassava farmers in Ondo State on this feat. We have produced a market for you to sell your cassava. Ore and the entire Southern Senatorial District are where we want to use to run our industrialisation policy.
“The fatories will be at the Ore Industial Parks, the Bitumen Exploration shall be operating in Ikale while the Sea Port will be in Ilaje.
“I therefore congratulate the younger people of our state on what is ahead of them. My second term shall be a blessing to the young people because our future bleaks if we fail to develop the younger generation.
“So, we need your vote to return to office. Without continuity and consistency in governance, we are going nowhere” the Governor, said.
Meanwhile, the Governor has commissioned a skill acquisition centre designed to cater for various life-skill trainings for youth of the state
The Skills Acquisition Centre, worth #800 million, was built under the office of the Senior Special Assistant (SSA), to the President on Sustainable Development Goal (SDG), Mrs Adejoke Orelope-Adefulire and named after the National Leader of All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
The Centre, according to Orelope, will also cater for economic empowerment of the teeming youth in the area.
The available skills in the centre are: sewing, fashion and dressmaking, Information and Communication Technology (ICT), photography, hair dressing and cosmetology.
Others are: barbing, catering, tiling and interlocking, automobile, aluminium fabrication, welding and Plumbing among others.
There is also a provision for short term training on bead making, soap making, makeup artistry, event planning and decoration, painting, drawing, weaving and shoe making, small chops and flower arrangements.
Akeredolu, while commissioning the centre, appreciated the president and office of SSA for the gesture, saying it would go a long way to reducing the rate of unemployment in the state.
Akeredolu explained one of the best ways which people could get jobs and become employers of labour is through skill acquisition.
According to Akeredolu, trainees at the centre will be empowered with the working materials after graduation.
He, therefore, appealed to the citizens to continue to support the APC-led government and vote for him in the Oct. 10, governorship election.
In his remarks, Tinubu, who was represented by Governor Gboyega Oyetola of Osun State, commended both the federal and Ondo State governments for the initiative.
He advised the youth and the community to see the centre as theirs by cultivating the idea of maintaining the centre.
“The era of white collar job is gone. What is important now is skills acquisition and this is the best gift that anybody can get.
“Technical/vocational training and skills are the way to go in Nigeria today, please take it seriously.
“However, I urge you all to vote for our party, the APC on October 10th. Akeredolu is a man of honour, courage, valour and probity. He is a pathfinder. I urge you all to support him”, Oyetola, said

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/10/ore-will-be-the-new-nnewi-before-2024-akeredolu/

Lalasticlala
Re: Ore Will Be The New Nnewi Before 2024 – Akeredolu by colorsofrainbow: 8:40pm On Oct 02, 2020
Na mouth talk am,na ear hear am...
Dem write am,we read am
All na scam

3 Likes

Re: Ore Will Be The New Nnewi Before 2024 – Akeredolu by flyingpig: 8:41pm On Oct 02, 2020
grin

For saying this, for acknowledging Igbos superiority over you and for truthfully admiting that you are playing catch up to us, we will endorse you for second term, Aketichukwu.

9 Likes

Re: Ore Will Be The New Nnewi Before 2024 – Akeredolu by CHRISSANCHEZ(m): 8:41pm On Oct 02, 2020
AFONJA governor confirming that NNEWI is greater than all Western States in terms of industrialization.

10 Likes

Re: Ore Will Be The New Nnewi Before 2024 – Akeredolu by Nobody: 8:43pm On Oct 02, 2020
Lol

cc

Lalasticlala
Re: Ore Will Be The New Nnewi Before 2024 – Akeredolu by deboysben(m): 8:46pm On Oct 02, 2020
Nnewi is greater than ondo state akeredolu 2020

Let me hear pim from my afonja brethren...

4 Likes

Re: Ore Will Be The New Nnewi Before 2024 – Akeredolu by deboysben(m): 8:47pm On Oct 02, 2020
CHRISSANCHEZ:
AFONJA governor confirming that NNEWI is greater than all Western States in terms of industrialization.
i concur

3 Likes

Re: Ore Will Be The New Nnewi Before 2024 – Akeredolu by Nobody: 8:47pm On Oct 02, 2020
Lol
Re: Ore Will Be The New Nnewi Before 2024 – Akeredolu by Proeast2: 8:49pm On Oct 02, 2020
Haha, this true confession will pain the skull miners badly grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Ore Will Be The New Nnewi Before 2024 – Akeredolu by deboysben(m): 8:51pm On Oct 02, 2020
Infact l am now akeredolu supporter.

Up aketi our in-law must be re elected.

1 Like

Re: Ore Will Be The New Nnewi Before 2024 – Akeredolu by gloe4: 8:58pm On Oct 02, 2020
cool
Re: Ore Will Be The New Nnewi Before 2024 – Akeredolu by clockwisereport: 8:58pm On Oct 02, 2020
alili
Re: Ore Will Be The New Nnewi Before 2024 – Akeredolu by Mgbadike80: 9:00pm On Oct 02, 2020
Some of these guys up there abusing the Yorubas are not Igbos but government paid trolls trying to sow seeds of discord between the two major southern tribes, the current government runs a divide and conquer mission using the us versus them technique. @topic, only a fool believes any governor can build an industrial town within 4 years of his second tenure, the guy man is just telling the usual election lies. 800 million naira to build a skill acquisition centre for learning petty skills like sewing? that contract should be investigated by the EFCC.

3 Likes

Re: Ore Will Be The New Nnewi Before 2024 – Akeredolu by MajesticKris: 9:15pm On Oct 02, 2020
Another lie....
You didn't start When you where elected, Na now you wan start to SECURE SECOND TERM..
Re: Ore Will Be The New Nnewi Before 2024 – Akeredolu by Eryyy92: 9:22pm On Oct 02, 2020
Even Akeredolu know say Igbo Amaka

Re: Ore Will Be The New Nnewi Before 2024 – Akeredolu by Asgard13: 9:27pm On Oct 02, 2020
Yoruba sef.. undecided
Re: Ore Will Be The New Nnewi Before 2024 – Akeredolu by IGBOSON1: 9:34pm On Oct 02, 2020
flyingpig:
grin

For saying this, for acknowledging Igbos superiority over you and for truthfully admiting that you are playing catch up to us, we will endorse you for second term, Aketichukwu.

This guy i’m quoting knows what game he’s playing! He’s most likely a APC bigot trying to poison the minds of the Ondo electorate against Akeredolu by giving him the ‘Igbo’ tag! Same thing they tried doing with Atiku! smiley
Re: Ore Will Be The New Nnewi Before 2024 – Akeredolu by Mynd44: 9:50pm On Oct 02, 2020

(1)

BREAKING: Sporadic Gunshots In Akure As APC, PDP Political Thugs Clash / #EndSARS Protesters Hire Private Security To Protect Them Against Hoodlums / Hilary Clinton's Tweet About Buhari And The #endsars Protesters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.