Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,454 members, 7,826,741 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Arsenal Turn To Newcastle For Henry Replacement - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Arsenal Turn To Newcastle For Henry Replacement (1551 Views)

3SC To Drop Ikhana For Henry Abiodun / Amara & Kanu Nwankwo With Thierry Henry (Photo) / Chelsea's Demba Ba Returns To Newcastle For The First Time Since He His Transfer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arsenal Turn To Newcastle For Henry Replacement by muyeskin(m): 12:20pm On Jun 23, 2007
Newcastle United face a battle to keep strike-pair Michael Owen and Obafemi Martins away from Arsenal.
With the sale of Thierry Henry to Barcelona now confirmed, the Guardian says part of Arsenal's transfer budget will be thrown at Newcastle for Martins and Owen.

The England striker's buyout clause is for £9m whereas that in Martins's contract is for £13m.
Re: Arsenal Turn To Newcastle For Henry Replacement by mukina2: 12:23pm On Jun 23, 2007
angry

* muki pisses on thread*
Re: Arsenal Turn To Newcastle For Henry Replacement by muyeskin(m): 5:22pm On Jun 23, 2007
@ muki If u like vommiut on it, i dont bloody care
Re: Arsenal Turn To Newcastle For Henry Replacement by muyeskin(m): 5:24pm On Jun 23, 2007
@ Muki, If u like vommit and do any such of thing, I dont bloody care
Re: Arsenal Turn To Newcastle For Henry Replacement by nykexxx(m): 5:35pm On Jun 23, 2007
zoop!!! zoop!! we need martins to help us win grin grin grin grin grin grin ;DJUST SO FAST,
Re: Arsenal Turn To Newcastle For Henry Replacement by 9ja4eva: 7:24pm On Jun 23, 2007
No hope for Arsenal.
Re: Arsenal Turn To Newcastle For Henry Replacement by mukina2: 8:15pm On Jun 23, 2007
James/Iyabo you don start abi? angry tongue
Re: Arsenal Turn To Newcastle For Henry Replacement by danniecool(m): 8:17pm On Jun 23, 2007
9ja4eva:

No hope for Arsenal.

There is still hope Baptista and Adebayo is still there grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Turn To Newcastle For Henry Replacement by mukina2: 8:22pm On Jun 23, 2007
danniecool:

go get a job angry
Re: Arsenal Turn To Newcastle For Henry Replacement by kaydee(m): 12:41am On Jun 24, 2007
embarassed embarassed embarassed Martins ko,Aghahowa ni, angry
Re: Arsenal Turn To Newcastle For Henry Replacement by 9ja4eva: 1:11am On Jun 24, 2007
mukina2:

go get a job angry

lmao

danniecool:

Dey wait for dem
Re: Arsenal Turn To Newcastle For Henry Replacement by muyeskin(m): 10:38am On Jun 25, 2007
Roma midfielder Alberto Aquilani is interesting Arsenal.
The Sunday Mirror says the Gunners, always on the look-out for the best emerging talent, are well aware that Aquilani has emerged as one of the world's top young stars.

The 22-year-old was watched by Gilles Grimandi, who is in line to be named the Gunners' new director of football, as Italy beat Portugal on penalties at the European Under-21 Championship on Thursday to qualify for the Olympic Games.
Re: Arsenal Turn To Newcastle For Henry Replacement by muyeskin(m): 10:46am On Jun 25, 2007
Anelka wants assurances from Wenger before agreeing Arsenal return

Bolton Wanderers striker Nicolas Anelka will seek assurances from Arsene Wenger over his own future before committing to a return to Arsenal.
The Daily Mail says Anelka has been identified by Wenger as a possible replacement for Thierry Henry and the former Arsenal forward is said to be interested after what was described last night by sources close to the French striker as 'initial contact'.

But Anelka is said to be so alarmed by Henry's comments about Wenger's situation that he will seek assurances from the manager that he intends to remain at the Emirates Stadium beyond the remaining year of his contract before committing to a move from Bolton.
Re: Arsenal Turn To Newcastle For Henry Replacement by muyeskin(m): 11:10am On Jun 25, 2007
Ajax winger Ryan Babel may be having second thoughts over a move to Arsenal this summer.

Thierry Henry's admission that the Gunners future of manager Arsene Wenger is in doubt has put the club's transfer plans into a spin, says the Daily Mail.

Holland Under 21 forward Babel has talked of his desire to play for Wenger but any move from Ajax could also now be put on hold.

Wenger has hardly eased anxiety at Arsenal by refusing to commit himself to the club he has served for 11 years with such distinction beyond his current deal. The fact that he gave a 'guarantee' last month that Henry would not be sold this summer will also cause alarm.
Re: Arsenal Turn To Newcastle For Henry Replacement by Nobody: 11:42am On Jun 25, 2007
you hunters, sorry gunners tell wenger i got a striker to sell. I f he can pay 17million pounds i will give him Ben Sahar
Re: Arsenal Turn To Newcastle For Henry Replacement by Razorr(f): 11:46am On Jun 25, 2007
dason4life:

you hunters, sorry gunners tell wenger i got a striker to sell. I f he can pay 17million pounds i will give him Ben Sahar

Dason, are you crazy? 

We want 100 million pounds for Sahar and nothing less!  tongue   grin   grin
Re: Arsenal Turn To Newcastle For Henry Replacement by muyeskin(m): 12:08pm On Jun 25, 2007
@ Razor, Im Sorry we dont need ur 100million pounds saha in the team.So u may keep him wink
Re: Arsenal Turn To Newcastle For Henry Replacement by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jun 25, 2007
@Razoor
Am sorry, not that i want to sell him so cheap, just that Wenger happens to be the stingiest coach that ever exist and they don't have a sharp striker for now
Re: Arsenal Turn To Newcastle For Henry Replacement by muyeskin(m): 12:28pm On Jun 25, 2007
Thats all u think cos u dont know all it takes to be a coach man. So i think that u shud just wait and see wat almighty Wenger is going to do this season,
Re: Arsenal Turn To Newcastle For Henry Replacement by nasnas(m): 12:45pm On Jun 25, 2007
AIG

Arsenal is gone

The hope of Arsenal in next season is lyk de hope of Atiku becoming de president of Naija.
Re: Arsenal Turn To Newcastle For Henry Replacement by muyeskin(m): 12:49pm On Jun 25, 2007
Think u dont know anything about football my guy, Thats why u compare it wit politics
Re: Arsenal Turn To Newcastle For Henry Replacement by mukina2: 1:18pm On Jun 25, 2007
angry angry angry angry
Re: Arsenal Turn To Newcastle For Henry Replacement by muyeskin(m): 1:42pm On Jun 25, 2007
U dont need to look so hurt over some issues, its and advice sha
Re: Arsenal Turn To Newcastle For Henry Replacement by mukina2: 2:04pm On Jun 25, 2007
Muyeskin you are everywhere i am cheesy
Re: Arsenal Turn To Newcastle For Henry Replacement by nasnas(m): 2:40pm On Jun 25, 2007
muyeskin:

Think u don't know anything about football my guy, Thats why u compare it wit politics
Muyeskin! Is a comparison dt i made o, and it fits in! Abi is it not?

Thank God u, r only tinkin i dnt knw what is football.
Re: Arsenal Turn To Newcastle For Henry Replacement by muyeskin(m): 2:45pm On Jun 25, 2007
My guy, If u do, U wont be talking like this
Re: Arsenal Turn To Newcastle For Henry Replacement by brushparke(m): 3:04pm On Jun 25, 2007
Well, i think Arsenal atleast still have something to cheer about. Wenger is set to sign an new contractthis week. That will be some news after Henry's shock departure.
Re: Arsenal Turn To Newcastle For Henry Replacement by muyeskin(m): 3:09pm On Jun 25, 2007
Yeah man, he's signing four more years,
Re: Arsenal Turn To Newcastle For Henry Replacement by toluwalomo(m): 7:57pm On Jun 25, 2007
Last season when Chelsea brought in Ballack & Shevie, the general verdict was Chelsea would at least retain the title even if they did not win Europe's coveted crown.

Liverpool was tipped ahead of Man Utd to battle Chelsea every step of the way.

But we all know what happened. Man Utd spanked errrone!!!!!

It's a pity that Arsenal refused to match the ambitions of their greatest player ever, but anyone who starts to yap that Arsenal is finished cuz Henry is gone, has just shown his wholesale ignorance of the round leathered game.

When Ruud left Man Utd what did the pundits predict?

Didn't Beckham come back from the dead to hand Real Madrid the title?

Football is a soap opera we are all watching, Henry leaving Arsenal on paper is not pretty but anything can happen people!

I for one prefer anyone who gives us the underdog status, we are not under pressure I guess like the big-spenders like Man Utd, Liverpool & Chelsea to perform.
Re: Arsenal Turn To Newcastle For Henry Replacement by 9ja4eva: 9:44pm On Jun 25, 2007
nasnas:

AIG

Arsenal is gone

The hope of Arsenal in next season is like de hope of Atiku becoming de president of Naija.

Preach on.No one can fill d void.Henry in irreplaceable
Re: Arsenal Turn To Newcastle For Henry Replacement by DisGuy: 10:35pm On Jun 25, 2007
you guys are just happy your old sergent neville wont have anyone doing his head in tongue

beckham was replaced, ruud van nisteroy replaced tongue
Re: Arsenal Turn To Newcastle For Henry Replacement by 9ja4eva: 11:14pm On Jun 25, 2007
Henry cannot be replaced.Dt is d difference

(1) (2) (Reply)

Was Nani Red Card Justified? YES OR NO (what Does Uefa Rules Says) / Aluminium Olympic Size Outdoors Blue Table Tennis @ ₦145,000 / oap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.