Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,554 members, 7,955,058 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:42 PM

Your Pastors Lied. You Do Not Need Tithe Or Firstfruit. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Your Pastors Lied. You Do Not Need Tithe Or Firstfruit. (265 Views)

Do You Pay Tithe Or Your Debt First. / Will God Accept Money Made Illigally When Given As Tithe Or Offering In Church / Firstfruit Offering Is Scriptural But... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Pastors Lied. You Do Not Need Tithe Or Firstfruit. by MrMxyptlk(m): 10:19am On Oct 03, 2020
The problem with explaining why people shouldn't pay tithe is that we never take the issue from the beginning. Before proceeding to read this write-up as I always tell people before sharing with them, pray telling God to give you the Spirit of discernment. After reading discard vigorously if you do not believe. To whoever does keep keep on with Christ's Golden Rule and keep searching the scriptures daily. Please do not stop tithing without conviction as that is also a sin.
A brief passage on faith -
Hast thou faith ? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth. And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith : for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.
Romance14:22-23

Thus i repeat, if you are not convinced, keep paying Tithe!!

1 Like

Re: Your Pastors Lied. You Do Not Need Tithe Or Firstfruit. by MrMxyptlk(m): 10:20am On Oct 03, 2020
1. What Is Law?
Law is basically a set of laid down instructions given to the Jews through Moses which was to be followed strictly.
Its contained in the first four books - exclude Genesis - of the bible. Subsequently in Bible passages these four books - Exodus, Leviticus, Number, Deuteronomy are collectively called - The Law.

1 Like

Re: Your Pastors Lied. You Do Not Need Tithe Or Firstfruit. by MrMxyptlk(m): 10:21am On Oct 03, 2020
2. Who gave the law?
A lot of Pastors say the law was given by 'God" to lay emphasis on why Tithe should still be collected. But in reality it was given by Angels, basically speaking as a matter of fact, the entire Old Testament period was subjected unto Angels by God.

-Who did Moses see on the Mountain? - Angels?
Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.
John 6:46

No man hath seen God at any time ; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.
1 john 1:18

No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.
1 John 4:12

-The Old Testament under Angels.
For if the word spoken by angels was steadfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just recompense of reward
Hebrews 2:2

For unto the angels hath he not put in subjection the world to come, whereof we speak
Hebrews 2:5

Wherefore then serveth the law ? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made ; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator. Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one
Galatians 3:19-20

who have received the law by the DISPOSITION OF ANGELS, and have not kept it.
Acts7:53

(As a matter of fact Jesus was killed by Basis Of the Law)
The Jews answered him, We have a law, and by our law he ought to die, because he made himself the Son of God.
John19:7

1 Like

Re: Your Pastors Lied. You Do Not Need Tithe Or Firstfruit. by MrMxyptlk(m): 10:22am On Oct 03, 2020
3. Should we follow the law?
In my opinion, thinking as mere man, I'll say, why should we? Because if the law was actually all that good, then why did Jesus have to come again.

But let's see what the Bible says.
For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth
Romans10:4

(Read the scripture below completely to see how the matter was settled)
Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law ; to whom WE GAVE NO such commandment.
Acts15:24

Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. ¶ Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing. For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law. Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law ; ye are fallen from grace.
Galatians 5:1-4
(If you choose to be circumcised to keep the law, you are cut off from grace)

(Read the scripture below completely to see how the matter was settled)
And certain men which came down from Judea taught the brethren, and said, Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saved
Acts15:1

But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not steadfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance ; which glory was TO BE DONE AWAY
2nd Corinthian3:7

But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance : against such there is no law
Galatians 6:18,22,23

For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse : for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them. But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident : for, The just shall live by faith. And the law is not of faith : but, The man that doeth them shall live in them. Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us : for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree
Galatians 3:10-13

For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.
Hebrews 7:12

(Any Pastor claiming to have the Holy Spirit but walks in the Law lies)
This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith ?
Galatians 3:2

Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight : for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
Roman 3:19-20

For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did ; by the which we draw nigh unto God
Hebrew8:19

*Please I want to make myself clear on somethings, because I say we should not obey the law doesn't mean we should steal lie or fornicate (the Bible says 'shall we continue to sin because Grace abounds') No!!!!! I'm only saying "works of the Law" i.e conscious activities aimed at getting favour or blessing should be done away with as these thing are free and abundant in Christ Jesus -
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ : according as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love : Ephesians1:3-4

1 Like

Re: Your Pastors Lied. You Do Not Need Tithe Or Firstfruit. by MrMxyptlk(m): 10:24am On Oct 03, 2020
4. Then what was the purpose of the Law.
In summary
-It was given under the governance of Angels to reduce sin until God(Jesus) will Himself come and make things right.
I'll highlight a bible passage to explain this-
(Read the whole chapter to get a good grasp of the concept)
Wherefore then serveth the law ? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made ; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator. Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one. ¶ Is the law then against the promises of God ? God forbid : for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law. But the Scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe. ¶ But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterward be revealed. Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster(The Law).
Galatians 3:19-25

-It was given as a pointer to a better hope and greater glory in Jesus
Philip findeth Nathanael, and saith unto him, We have found him, of whom Moses in the law, and the prophets, did write, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.
John2:45

For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A Prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me ; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you. And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that Prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people. Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days.
Acts3:22

But those things, which God before had showed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled
Acts3:18

-Then why didn't the Jews recognize Jesus as God.
This is because although it was a pointer to hope, its imperfections clouded the mind of the Jews(Remember that it was given by Mediators(Angels), not God).
So in summary its because of its imperfections.

But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the veil is upon their heart.
2 Corinth 3:15

But if the MINISTRATION OF DEATH, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not steadfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance ; which glory was to be done away ; how shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious ?
2 Corinth 3:7-8

1 Like

Re: Your Pastors Lied. You Do Not Need Tithe Or Firstfruit. by MrMxyptlk(m): 10:26am On Oct 03, 2020
5. The weakness of the law.
-(It could not justify i.e Save)
Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins : and by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.
Acts13:38,39.

-(Its hinders our understanding of the perfect Man - Christ - as the two books seem contrasting)
2nd Corinthian3:15

-It made nothing perfect
For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did ; by the which we draw nigh unto God
Hebrew8:19

-Its merely a shadow of the good things to come
For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices, which they offered year by year continually, make the comers thereunto perfect.
Hebrews 10:1

-Its puts man under a curse
For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse : for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them. But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident : for, The just shall live by faith. And the law is not of faith : but, The man that doeth them shall live in them. Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us : for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree
Galatians 3:10-13

For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
James2:10
(Its impossible to keep the whole law - you seen how long it is!!!!!!!!!!)

Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. ¶ Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing. For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law. Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law ; ye are fallen from grace.

-It makes man guilty before God
That is It points out sin but doesn’t offer salvation-
Re: Your Pastors Lied. You Do Not Need Tithe Or Firstfruit. by MrMxyptlk(m): 10:32am On Oct 03, 2020
5. Continuation....
-It makes man guilty before God
That is It points out sin but doesn’t offer salvation-
Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law : that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight : for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
Roman 3:19-20

-Its a ministration of death
But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not steadfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance ; which glory was to be done away ; how shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious ?
2 Corinth 3:7-8

-It can make Christ of no effect to us
(The message Paul was trying to pass across is, if you’re circumcised stay that way but if you aren’t don’t chose to be because of the law)

-It puts a veil on our hearts
2 Corinth 3:15
Re: Your Pastors Lied. You Do Not Need Tithe Or Firstfruit. by MrMxyptlk(m): 10:34am On Oct 03, 2020
6.Why did Christ say this.
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets : I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
Matthew5:17
Before I go into scripture I’ll like to crown this as the biggest deceit modern day preachers use. Fulfill and Obey are to different things. Fulfill means to bring to come to pass. Jesus was only talking pertaining to prophecies about His birth, ministry, death and resurrection.

But those things, which God before had showed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled.
Acts3:18

Men and brethren, this Scripture must needs have been fulfilled, which the Holy Ghost by the mouth of David spake before concerning Judas, which was guide to them that took Jesus.
Acts1:16

For these things were done, that the Scripture should be fulfilled, A bone of him shall not be broken
John19:36

After this, Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the Scripture might be fulfilled, saith, I thirst.
John19:28
(Take note)

They said therefore among themselves, Let us not rend it, but cast lots for it, whose it shall be : that the Scripture might be fulfilled, which saith, They parted my raiment among them, and for my vesture they did cast lots. These things therefore the soldiers did
John19:24

While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name : those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition ; that the Scripture might be fulfilled.
John17:12

But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is WRITTEN IN THEIR LAW, They hated me without a cause.
John15:25

I speak not of you all : I know whom I have chosen : but that the Scripture may be fulfilled, He that eateth bread with me hath lifted up his heel against me
John13:18

But though he had done so many miracles before them, yet they believed not on him : that the saying of Isaiah the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spake, Lord, who hath believed our report ? and to whom hath the arm of the Lord been revealed ?
John12:37-38
Re: Your Pastors Lied. You Do Not Need Tithe Or Firstfruit. by MrMxyptlk(m): 10:35am On Oct 03, 2020
6. (Continuation) Suffice to say their are various examples of Jesus breaking the “Law”

And Jesus answering spake unto the lawyers and Pharisees, saying, Is it lawful to heal on the sabbath day ? And they held their peace. And he took him, and healed him, and let him go ; and answered them, saying, Which of you shall have an ass or an ox fallen into a pit, and will not straightway pull him out on the sabbath day ?
Luke14:3-5

And the ruler of the synagogue answered with indignation, because that Jesus had healed on the sabbath day, and said unto the people,There are six days in which men ought to work : in them therefore come and be healed, and not on the sabbath day. The Lord then answered him, and said, Thou hypocrite, doth not each one of you on the sabbath loose his ox or his ass from the stall, and lead him away to watering ?
Luke13:14-15

And the scribes and Pharisees watched him, whether he would heal on the sabbath day ; that they might find an accusation against him. But he knew their thoughts, and said to the man which had the withered hand, Rise up, and stand forth in the midst. And he arose and stood forth.
Luke6:7-8

And it came to pass on the second sabbath after the first, that he went through the corn fields ; and his disciples plucked the ears of corn, and did eat, rubbing them in their hands. And certain of the Pharisees said unto them, Why do ye that which is not lawful to do on the sabbath days ?
Luke6:1-2
Re: Your Pastors Lied. You Do Not Need Tithe Or Firstfruit. by MrMxyptlk(m): 10:36am On Oct 03, 2020
6. (Continuation)
-Besides the New Testament is the fullfilment of the Law
Love is the fulfillment of the Law
Love worketh no ill to his neighbor : therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
Romans 13:10

For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this ; Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself
Galatians 5:14
Re: Your Pastors Lied. You Do Not Need Tithe Or Firstfruit. by MrMxyptlk(m): 10:37am On Oct 03, 2020
7.Then what is meant by faith without works?
Some Pastors make reference to tithing and firstfruits as works so I’ll briefly clarify that using scripture-
What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works ? can faith save him ? If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, and one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled ; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body ; what doth it profit ? Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. ¶ Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works : show me thy faith without thy works, and I will show thee my faith by my works. Thou believest that there is one God ; thou doest well : the devils also believe, and tremble. But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead ? Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar ? Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect ? And the Scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness : and he was called the Friend of God. Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only. Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way ? For as the body without the spirit [or, breath] is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
James 2:14-26

Thus "works" does not mean law, but action towards getting the goal acheived. See the example James gave in the passage.
Re: Your Pastors Lied. You Do Not Need Tithe Or Firstfruit. by MrMxyptlk(m): 10:38am On Oct 03, 2020
8 CONCLUSION: USING LOGIC, SHOULD WE PAY TITHE
Let’s look at the condition on which tithe should be received or given.

(Received by levites. Levites have no inheritance)
But the tithes of the children of Israel, which they offer as a heave offering unto the Lord, I have given to the Levites to inherit : therefore I have said unto them, Among the children of Israel they shall have no inheritance.Numbers18:24
Question to ask yourself.
Is your Pastor a Levite? If he is, what makes you any less? Aren’t you also a child of God?
Not being in Israel, how does your Pastor explain the “shall have no inheritance part”?

(Did your preacher tell you that we all Priest)
But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a peculiar people ; that ye should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light
1Peter2:9

(Did you preacher tell you that the period of levitical Priesthood is done and dusted?)
If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchizedek, and not be called after the order of Aaron ? For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.
Hebrew7:11-12

Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
Malachi3:10
There’s no temple no more as our bodies are the temples of God.
Once you become a believer you automatically have all spiritual blessings in Christ-
-Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ : according as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love : having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, to the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved
Ephesians1:3-6
Re: Your Pastors Lied. You Do Not Need Tithe Or Firstfruit. by MrMxyptlk(m): 10:38am On Oct 03, 2020
Finally In the words of our Lord and Savior-
For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.
Hebrews 7:12

For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices, which they offered year by year continually, make the comers thereunto perfect.
Hebrews 10:1

And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth : for there is one God ; and there is none other but he : and to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbor as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.
Mark12:33

Wherefore, when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me : in burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure. Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me) to do thy will, O God. Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein ; which are offered by the law ; then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second. By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
Hebrew10:5-10
(Christ’s death is the ultimate sacrifice, we no longer require any form of offering or sacrifice)

Finally brethren take out time to study the Book of Hebrews.
Thank You.
Re: Your Pastors Lied. You Do Not Need Tithe Or Firstfruit. by petra1(m): 1:31pm On Oct 03, 2020
MrMxyptlk:
2. Who gave the law?
A lot of Pastors say the law was given by 'God" to lay emphasis on why Tithe should still be collected. But in reality it was given by Angels, basically speaking as a matter of fact, the entire Old Testament period was subjected unto Angels by God.

-Who did Moses see on the Mountain? - Angels?
Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.
John 6:46

No man hath seen God at any time ; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.
1 john 1:18

No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.
1 John 4:12

-The Old Testament under Angels.
For if the word spoken by angels was steadfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just recompense of reward
Hebrews 2:2

For unto the angels hath he not put in subjection the world to come, whereof we speak
Hebrews 2:5

Wherefore then serveth the law ? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made ; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator. Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one
Galatians 3:19-20

who have received the law by the DISPOSITION OF ANGELS, and have not kept it.
Acts7:53

(As a matter of fact Jesus was killed by Basis Of the Law)
The Jews answered him, We have a law, and by our law he ought to die, because he made himself the Son of God.
John19:7

Tithe did not originate In the law as well as offering, almsggiving ,worship etc . The fact that they were mentioned in the law doesn't negate their validity. We tithe because we are children of Abraham. Not because its memetioned in the law . The law camw later and cannot nulify what was instituted 400 years before it came

Galatians 3:17
And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect
Re: Your Pastors Lied. You Do Not Need Tithe Or Firstfruit. by jmoore(m): 2:54pm On Oct 03, 2020
petra1:

Tithe did not originate In the law as well as offering, almsggiving ,worship etc . The fact that they were mentioned in the law doesn't negate their validity. We tithe because we are children of Abraham. Not because its memetioned in the law . The law camw later and cannot nulify what was instituted 400 years before it came

Galatians 3:17
And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect

Why not make Animal sacrifices to God too? Animal sacrifices existed before the law.

(1) (Reply)

More Adulterous Gen., More Grounds To Be Ashamed Of Christ / This Is My Story. / Watch What Pope Said About Gay System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.