Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,346 members, 7,819,232 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

Dj Premier Names His Favorite Beefs - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Dj Premier Names His Favorite Beefs (1425 Views)

Modenine Beefs Alaba Boys / Modenine Opens Up On Ruggedman Beefs + He Beefs Saucekid Not! / Beefs You Would Love To See (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dj Premier Names His Favorite Beefs by kay29000(m): 11:06am On Mar 03, 2011
DJ Premier has been in the news a lot lately, and i am guessing he is working on something new. Anyway, he recently named his favorite beefs of all time; premier is from the old era, so you should expect beefs from back in days.

Read more below-

"Busy Bee and Kool Moe Dee is the ultimate, ultimate [beef]," Premier told DJ Vlad. "I know Busy Bee isn't on the level of rhyming skills -- Kool Moe Dee, I just never heard a rhyme like that back then. He just wouldn't stop -- So that's number one. Definitely Roxanne Shante, the Real Roxanne, [Number three], MC Lyte and Antoinette. That should be talked about even if you're in the new cats that's coming up in the game. Study this sh*t. This sh*t is a culture." (Vlad TV)

"Definitely 'Ether' and 'Takeover' when Nas went at Jay," Premier added. "Nas [won], but musically, [Jay] killed it with 'The Takeover.' , Jay has a little bully in him. Nas is just, 'I'm rhyming, doing my one-two. And I'm chilling.' , Jay won until 'Ether.' I don't even count 'Super Ugly.' That don't count. And I would have to say LL [Cool J] battling Ice-T and [MC] Hammer and everybody. That was ill right there." (Vlad TV)

It is funny he put Nas and Jay-Z up in there, but missed out pac and biggie, maybe he didn't want to touch on the matter of dead comrades. But, if you would ask me, although, pac and beef had more energy thrown into their beef, i think jay and nas's own beef was more lyrical, like it was a battle of two worthy emcees- both dope, but one choose to be commercial with his skills, and one went the knowledge kicking way. Till this day, i think that is still the best battle ever- Ether and Takeover can stand each other, and make people say this is better, and another set say, no, this is better, it literally divided the hiphop fans in two.

Yeah, i know pac and biggie did the same with their beef, but ask anybody what lines they can quote from biggie dissing pac. In fact, big never had any official reply for HIT EM UP, he just played it cool and went the subliminal way. And even HIT EM UP, which i consider the greatest beef ever, maybe neck to neck with ether, was more about the energy and directness and emotions pac put into that song, it wasn't really about skill.

Anyway, those are just my thoughts, and i would like to here yours.
Re: Dj Premier Names His Favorite Beefs by Bamsyle2(m): 11:21am On Mar 03, 2011
kay29000:

Yeah, i know pac and biggie did the same with their beef, but ask anybody what lines they can quote from biggie dissing pac. In fact, big never had any official reply for HIT EM UP, he just played it cool and went the subliminal way. And even HIT EM UP, which i consider the greatest beef ever, maybe neck to neck with ether, was more about the energy and directness and emotions pac put into that song, it wasn't really about skill.

Seconded.

Some of my favourite also include Eminem/Canibus and Jadakiss/50 Cent.
Re: Dj Premier Names His Favorite Beefs by kay29000(m): 11:53am On Mar 03, 2011
Yeah, i loved jada and 50's beef- it made people recognize jada's skill. The funny thing is that i was in school back then, i always told people in my dept that i was just waiting for 50cent to go out jada, and they would see what would happen. Back, he had gone head on to wreck jarule, and they thought he would do the same to jada. When he finally went at jada with that piggy bank song, i knew it was on, the first one from jada was checkmate, if u have not heard it, go on youtube.com and listen.

And about em and canibus, i was on canibus's side back then, but i don't know what happened to bus,
Re: Dj Premier Names His Favorite Beefs by Bamsyle2(m): 12:13pm On Mar 03, 2011
Checkmate is one track that never ceases to amuse me, and Piggy Bank was a banger too grin

50 Cent can be a nuisance when it comes to beef tracks grin Back Down is another one of 50's top diss tracks.

Bis?? I dunno how folks would think that a Canibus can murk an Eminem in a battle . . . if it's all about beef, Eminem's clowning alone would bury Canibus . . .

What would Canibus say to Eminem?? Inter-galactic themes and how he's gonna "push him to the left and make his heart end up on the right"?? grin grin
Re: Dj Premier Names His Favorite Beefs by kay29000(m): 1:23am On Mar 04, 2011
Lol! But seriously, d old canibus would have done damage to em, i am sure u heard 2nd round knock out.
Re: Dj Premier Names His Favorite Beefs by slimshay(m): 8:03am On Mar 04, 2011
'You better get rid of that nine, it ain't gonna help. What good's it gonna do
against a man that strangles himself. -- Eminem,

That up there is why I feel it will be hard coming up against Em: The man makes fun of himself. He takes away most opponent's material. His being white, drugs, his mum, his daughter, being bullied, he himself has touched on all this in a satirical way.

So it has to be about skill, well on that, good luck to whomever.
Re: Dj Premier Names His Favorite Beefs by revomind(m): 10:06am On Mar 04, 2011
slimshay:

'You better get rid of that nine, it ain't gonna help. What good's it gonna do
against a man that strangles himself. -- Eminem,

That up there is why I feel it will be hard coming up against Em: The man makes fun of himself. He takes away most opponent's material. His being white, drugs, his mum, his daughter, being bullied, he himself has touched on all this in a satirical way.

So it has to be about skill, well on that, good luck to whomever.
On point. You wouldn't really wanna go up in arms against Em.

I rate Nas/Jay's beef over Pac/Big. The former was a straight up battle between two fine mcs and was really worth it. Its good they buried the hatchet but I somewhat miss that beef.

Pac and Big on the other hand was one-sided. Pac had a full track dissing Big but Big never replied save for subliminals in songs like ' Goin' Back to Cali',
Big was my favorite of the two tho'
Re: Dj Premier Names His Favorite Beefs by SleekMc: 12:32pm On Mar 04, 2011
correct me if i am wrong but 50 cents piggy bank was diss to jadakiss and fat joe, ok but fatjoe reply on my four four was awesome.
then another good beef was llcool vs canibus i liked dat
the jedi soso def vs dr dre and aftermath records
my favourite suprisingly is krs one vs nelly
Re: Dj Premier Names His Favorite Beefs by eldee(m): 6:17pm On Mar 04, 2011
kay29000:

"Definitely 'Ether' and 'Takeover' when Nas went at Jay," Premier added. "Nas [won], but musically, [Jay] killed it with 'The Takeover.'

I remember saying this on NL and A-40 said I was wrong . . . this is DJ Premier saying this.
Re: Dj Premier Names His Favorite Beefs by pixieelott: 7:58pm On Mar 04, 2011
Hello,
        I confuse with it so make it simple and than discuss it .

Thanks
________
aftermarket headlights
Re: Dj Premier Names His Favorite Beefs by Mobinga: 8:54pm On Mar 04, 2011
Please please never refer to "Hit Em Up" as a "great" diss track. That's the most foolish diss track I've heard all my life. How dare you compare that to ether??!
What's spectacular about the track? All you hear is "I phucked your wife", "Phuck Biggie and Bad Boy", "Shoot Shoot". And thats amazingly stupid. Its just a childish ranting from an infuriated man.
I doubt any sane rapper would still use the "I phucked your wife" line, Rick Ross murdered that line on BMF.

All in all. Ether is beast.
Re: Dj Premier Names His Favorite Beefs by medjai(m): 11:31pm On Mar 04, 2011
Ether vs Takeover? I'd go for Takeover. It was really straight to the point and Jay did Nas some major damage in the third verse. That part where he dissed Nas, his albums and his music career is more than everything Nas said on Ether. "One hot album every 10 year average" - That was a really wicked line.

One hot, slept on beef was Fat Joe vs Papoose. Fat Joe has a predilection for getting into trouble with peeps that are lyrically superior. As expected, Papoose murdered him on 'A Fair One'. Dem no born Joey Crack well make him reply. He's yet to recover.
Re: Dj Premier Names His Favorite Beefs by bgees(m): 1:04am On Mar 05, 2011
The Nas/Jay Z beef was the best rap beef ever because they just strictly kept it on wax. There were no fights, no gun shots and more importantly  they came at each other with classic diss tracks.

The Tupac and Biggie beef was a silly .   Biggie knew he had very serious beef in California, yet he made a song about 'Goin back to Cali' just to convince his fans that his streetcred  was up to task, he eventually went to Cali and got killed.

I also liked the Game/G-unit beef.  I loved how The Game released track after track, 50 cent and his guys had no choice but to back down. I think The Game is also good with diss tracks .
Re: Dj Premier Names His Favorite Beefs by Mobinga: 2:15pm On Mar 07, 2011
Dre vs So So Def

grin Classic line from one track like that

/This nigga (JD [Jermaine Dupri]) talking he gon slap me/
/Nigga please, you'd have to jump and swing up to hit me in the knees/

- Dre

haha Mad
Re: Dj Premier Names His Favorite Beefs by bgees(m): 7:59pm On Mar 07, 2011
Mobinga:

Dre vs So So Def

grin Classic line from one track like that

/This nigga (JD [Jermaine Dupri]) talking he gon slap me/
/Nigga please, you'd have to jump and swing up to hit me in the knees/

- Dre

haha Mad

That was a reply to Jarule not JD.

(1) (Reply)

Bracket’s 3rd Album ‘cupid Stories’ Officially Out / "Yes/no", "Good Good Loving": Banky W Keeps It R&B In The R&BW Album / Check Out The Official List Of Songs Banned By NBC In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.