Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,570 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:21 AM

SOUTH AFRICA REOPENS in October - See List Of Countries Still Banned - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / SOUTH AFRICA REOPENS in October - See List Of Countries Still Banned (1382 Views)

List Of Countries That Grant Citizenship Easily / Lady Who Was Set To Wed In October Crushed By Truck In Ajah (photo) / Lists Of Countries You Can Visit With Your US, UK Or Canadian Visas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SOUTH AFRICA REOPENS in October - See List Of Countries Still Banned by YEBOmadiba: 5:02pm On Oct 03, 2020
South Africa has revealed a long list of countries deemed to be high risk in terms of COVID-19 after a 6 month-long total closure of international borders.

Transport Minister Fikile Mbalula has reiterated that tourists from high risk countries were still banned from travelling to South Africa as the battle against Covid-19 was not over.

Mbalula told the media on Friday, 01 October, they will however allow people from high risk areas who are coming to South Africa for business, research or sport - but not leisure travellers.

However, tourists from the African continent and other low risk areas were allowed to visit South Africa.

More than 10-million people visit the country each year.

1 Like

Re: SOUTH AFRICA REOPENS in October - See List Of Countries Still Banned by YEBOmadiba: 5:34pm On Oct 03, 2020
-

2 Likes

Re: SOUTH AFRICA REOPENS in October - See List Of Countries Still Banned by WannaHowzit(m): 5:39pm On Oct 03, 2020
Nigeria should be banned they believe corona is a scam, so they're high risk

2 Likes

Re: SOUTH AFRICA REOPENS in October - See List Of Countries Still Banned by YEBOmadiba: 5:58pm On Oct 03, 2020
WannaHowzit:
Nigeria should be banned they believe corona is a scam, so they're high risk

Is there still Covid over there?
Re: SOUTH AFRICA REOPENS in October - See List Of Countries Still Banned by Flytime: 6:04pm On Oct 03, 2020
WannaHowzit:
[s]Nigeria should be banned they believe corona is a scam, so they're high risk[/s]
first thing first every country has a set of people thinking the virus isn't real secondly they can't ban any african country because it'll be a slap to the au
It's just like eu countries banning each other, it's not possible.
Re: SOUTH AFRICA REOPENS in October - See List Of Countries Still Banned by WannaHowzit(m): 6:09pm On Oct 03, 2020
YEBOmadiba:

Is there still Covid over there?

Massive and underreported
Re: SOUTH AFRICA REOPENS in October - See List Of Countries Still Banned by WannaHowzit(m): 6:11pm On Oct 03, 2020
Flytime:
first thing first every country has a set of people thinking the virus isn't real secondly they can't ban any african country because it'll be a slap to the au
It's just like eu countries banning each other, it's not possible.

Where does it say African countries cannot ban each other?

1 Like

Re: SOUTH AFRICA REOPENS in October - See List Of Countries Still Banned by Nobody: 6:24pm On Oct 03, 2020
Covid19 still dey so? South Africans self
Re: SOUTH AFRICA REOPENS in October - See List Of Countries Still Banned by Petyprincess(f): 6:42pm On Oct 03, 2020
I was expecting to see Nigeria but I'm surprised grin

4 Likes

Re: SOUTH AFRICA REOPENS in October - See List Of Countries Still Banned by YEBOmadiba: 6:49pm On Oct 03, 2020
Petyprincess:

SA is the current chair of the AU so maybe politics has a lot to do with it.
Re: SOUTH AFRICA REOPENS in October - See List Of Countries Still Banned by KendrickAyomide: 7:17pm On Oct 03, 2020
SA is so fucking beautiful

1 Like

Re: SOUTH AFRICA REOPENS in October - See List Of Countries Still Banned by YEBOmadiba: 7:24pm On Oct 03, 2020
KendrickAyomide:
SA is so fucking beautiful

Have you visited before?
Re: SOUTH AFRICA REOPENS in October - See List Of Countries Still Banned by KendrickAyomide: 7:28pm On Oct 03, 2020
YEBOmadiba:

Have you visited before?
Not yet brah. I hope to visit Within the next 2 years. Maybe for 2 weeks .
Re: SOUTH AFRICA REOPENS in October - See List Of Countries Still Banned by YEBOmadiba: 7:41pm On Oct 03, 2020
KendrickAyomide:

cool
Re: SOUTH AFRICA REOPENS in October - See List Of Countries Still Banned by afolarin60591: 9:33pm On Oct 03, 2020
Covid19 still dey so? South Africans yourself
Re: SOUTH AFRICA REOPENS in October - See List Of Countries Still Banned by YEBOmadiba: 10:47am On Oct 04, 2020
afolarin60591:
Covid19 still dey so? South Africans yourself

Pidgin is really difficult shocked
Re: SOUTH AFRICA REOPENS in October - See List Of Countries Still Banned by MyMilkshake(f): 11:48am On Oct 04, 2020
Petyprincess:

Is Nigeria prone to being on ban list? cheesy
Re: SOUTH AFRICA REOPENS in October - See List Of Countries Still Banned by KLEINBASS: 8:17am On Oct 05, 2020
KendrickAyomide:

Please do not, i repeat do not. There is high crime, HIV and already more than enough Nigerians the country can handle. South Africa is a bad country.

1 Like

Re: SOUTH AFRICA REOPENS in October - See List Of Countries Still Banned by africatv: 1:42pm On Oct 05, 2020
​India, South Africa ask WTO to ease IP rules for COVID-19
South Africa and India have asked the World Trade Organization to waive some provisions in the international agreements that regulate intellectual property rights, to speed up efforts to prevent, treat and contain the COVID-19 pandemic and make sure developing countries are not left behind.
http://en.hausatv.com/news/content/19999

1 Like

Re: SOUTH AFRICA REOPENS in October - See List Of Countries Still Banned by YEBOmadiba: 5:02pm On Oct 05, 2020
KLEINBASS:

Please do not, i repeat do not. There is high crime, HIV and already more than enough Nigerians the country can handle. South Africa is a bad country.

grin

(1) (Reply)

US Bans Citizens From Travelling To 12 Nigerian States (see Full List) / I Need Urgent Confirmation Please / Another 9/11 Averted. God Help Us.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.