Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,987 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

Ancelotti: I Don't Expect Torres To Score - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Ancelotti: I Don't Expect Torres To Score (863 Views)

Chelsea To Sell Torres For £15 Million ? / Can Benitez Enable Torres To Catch His Liverpool Form? / From Fernando Torres To Bebe - The Premier League's 10 Worst Transfers Of The 2010-11 Season (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ancelotti: I Don't Expect Torres To Score by Meldrick(m): 12:13pm On Mar 03, 2011
Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti has attempted to take some of the heat off £50 million signing Fernando Torres by insisting he is "not asking him to score".

• Torres: I need time to settle

Torres has yet to find the back of the net in four appearances since moving from Liverpool on transfer deadline day in January. That is in stark contrast to fellow new defender David Luiz, who has quickly slotted in to Premier League football and opened his account on his first Stamford Bridge start against Manchester United on Tuesday.

Torres has struggled for form all season, netting only nine goals in 25 Premier League starts. But Ancelotti is more concerned with the team's play than his new striker's scoring record.

When asked about the different impacts made by Torres and Luiz, Ancelotti told Chelsea magazine: "We don't have to compare them. Torres didn't score but I don't ask my strikers to score.

"I ask them to play for the team. Torres did a very good job with that. People judge him on the goals he scored but I have to look at different things about his performance. He worked for the team, put pressure on the defenders, moved well in front and worked hard.

"That's enough for me. Ask him, not me, if it will affect him but I don't think it will. I'm not asking him to score."

Torres, 26, insists he will adapt to the new style of play at Chelsea. He added: "If you want to be a top player, you have to be able to play in all these situations and I'm sure here at Chelsea I will play in different positions sometimes.

"I'm ready for this because I want to play where the manager asks me to - I know the competition is high here. My movement often depends on the game and on the other team, if they are deep or if they leave space behind. Normally the striker has to be on the shoulder of the centre-backs to leave a space for the midfielders coming forward.

"That's what I have been doing at Liverpool for the last 3½ years and it's one of the things I like to do."

Source: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/888565/cheslea's-carlo-ancelotti:-i-don't-expect-fernando-torres-to-score
Re: Ancelotti: I Don't Expect Torres To Score by Meldrick(m): 12:15pm On Mar 03, 2011
Ancelloti must be high on drugs. After spending so much on a striker, you say you don't expect him to score.
Re: Ancelotti: I Don't Expect Torres To Score by 1025: 1:00pm On Mar 03, 2011
@poster,
4 games is not too much of games not to score in besides, the success of the team is superior to that of an individual. all we need for now is doing to other clubs what we did to man u. for torres, scoring goals will never be a problem.
as long as he keeps fit and continues to play, the goals will come.
chelsea is still organising the team to suit the new fine boy(torres) and after that, goals will be flying in like breeze.
what martins scored against arsenal a couple of days back was very simple yet the most important of all his goals.
wait, there cld be a ploy to use torres to decieve our opponents while our goals come from david luiz.
Re: Ancelotti: I Don't Expect Torres To Score by aventura: 1:36pm On Mar 03, 2011
[color=#990000][/color] your mother must be high on drugs

Re: Ancelotti: I Don't Expect Torres To Score by Meldrick(m): 1:38pm On Mar 03, 2011
@ aventura
Your mother must be very silly. foolish boy from an ugly untrained mother.
Re: Ancelotti: I Don't Expect Torres To Score by dyabman(m): 8:04pm On Mar 03, 2011
why the rain of abuses . . .
Re: Ancelotti: I Don't Expect Torres To Score by switch47(m): 11:55pm On Mar 03, 2011
Why are chelsea fans addicted to insulting peoples parents?? sad sad

Anyway Torres will score maybe in the next 3 seasons.
Re: Ancelotti: I Don't Expect Torres To Score by 1025: 10:12am On Mar 04, 2011
Why are chelsea fans addicted to insulting peoples parents??

Anyway Torres will score maybe in the next 3 seasons.

@switch47,
the children are nothing but the representatives of their parents. with the behaviour of a child, u can tell things abt the type of parent or upbringing of the child. wicked mothers and fathers biget wicked children as useless parents biget useless children. if anyone says torres will score in the next 3 seasons, u will the type of family that one comes from.
by their fruits we shall know them. the sin of the fathers will be visited on the children and their children's children.
we must strive to represent our parents well anywhere we are.always do things that will bring praises to ur parents and as u do this, God will bless u.
torres is only 4 games old and ppl who are not chelsea fans are begining to take panadol for out headaches.
the owner of chelsea is a money man and does not care and same is applicable to us fans. money men all round.
we are not the stingy arsenal and their fans.
the joy of money is in the spending and not in the making. we love spending and that is our hubby.
football is fun to the man that plucks money from the trees - abrahimovic.
the man with the crazy yatch. shege jaguar.
Re: Ancelotti: I Don't Expect Torres To Score by switch47(m): 5:14pm On Mar 04, 2011
@ posts
Nothing justifies anybody insulting anothers parent under any circumstance.
What was i saying before the mosquito bite jare-------Torres may never score for chelsea at this rate, the team is a big bad luck to any player. pity!!
Re: Ancelotti: I Don't Expect Torres To Score by Meldrick(m): 5:22pm On Mar 04, 2011
1025:

@switch47,
the children are nothing but the representatives of their parents. with the behaviour of a child, u can tell things abt the type of parent or upbringing of the child. wicked mothers and fathers biget wicked children as useless parents biget useless children. if anyone says torres will score in the next 3 seasons, u will the type of family that one comes from.
by their fruits we shall know them. the sin of the fathers will be visited on the children and their children's children.
we must strive to represent our parents well anywhere we are.always do things that will bring praises to your parents and as u do this, God will bless u.
You sure have represented your parents well by not carefully reading the comments before trying to be an activist or an unserious fellow. Sure unserious parents biget unserious children.

Look carefully below and you will realize after my post, that silly fellow called aventura insulted my his mother. Why couldn't he address the topic. I mean i have never met the goat before neither have I commented to opinions that come from his sick brain.
Very annoying. I wish I could meet him face to face and scatter his jaw with a hot jab.
Re: Ancelotti: I Don't Expect Torres To Score by 1025: 5:28pm On Mar 04, 2011
 @ posts
Nothing justifies anybody insulting anothers parent under any circumstance.
What was i saying before the mosquito bite jare-------Torres may never score for chelsea at this rate, the team is a big bad luck to any player. pity!!

@switch47,
do not forget that all of us here are not the same mate. many of us here have children and as such ppl's parents and whenever u insult anyone here, u are insulting somebody's parent. if u are making an indirect appeal to the moderators to close anyone's account, that will be understandable but do not forget that it costs little or nothing to come back with a new id,
like me, i don't insult anyone here but might anyone insult me, i prefer that one's parents bcs i always think i cld be of the same age with the parents rather then the bunkum here.
like u, i v never seen u analyse soccer on any trade topic here rather u are out there to provoke others to insult ur parents. if u have value for ur parents, behave good at least, we will know u had good up bringing. when u come here to behave like a rascal, what comes to mind is who ur parents are.
in my village, when we want to marry, we go out and find who the parents of the girl is and how they live their lives,
no matter ur age, learn to contribute wisely in the forum.
even a madman knows torres will score so it does not make sense when u repeatedly say he won't score. we don't even need to remind u that some forms of madness cld be traced to the lineage.

(1) (Reply)

The Final Showdown (soccertainment): A Summary Of Man U Vs Barca Match. / 2012/2013 Epl Preview / Chelsea Fc Room; (for Real Blue Fans To Discuss Issues And Share Updates)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.