Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,292 members, 7,818,988 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

What Do Other Nationalities Thinks Of Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Do Other Nationalities Thinks Of Nigerians (608 Views)

All The Ethnic Nationalities In South West / Nigerians, Do You Still ''Love'' Trump Now He Has Shown What He Thinks Of You? / Boko Haram/herdsmen: Ethnic Nationalities Regroup To Defend Territories (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do Other Nationalities Thinks Of Nigerians by Nobody: 7:33pm On Oct 03, 2020
Recently someone created a similar question which promises to be great but ended up being derailed.

I was surfing through quora and came upon an egyptian view or nigerians, the egyptian actually created the thread.

Here are what he wrotes.

What do other nations think of Nigerians?
Egyptian here. There are more than 10000 Nigerians studying in Egypt. I think Nigerians are so religious and they view Egyptians through Biblical scriptures and Quranic verses.

I believe the majority of Nigerians are amicable, friendly and fun-loving people who are so proud of their country, though they think in a very tribalistic way.

Nigeria is the most populous country in Africa. That is why, they should fight individual scammers and governmental corruption.

Nigerians think the worst of themselves, yet deep down they don't give up on their dreams, aspirations and hopes. They are optimistic about their near future, even though there are little evidence to any change of their lifestyle.

Nigerians are crazy about football. They support English teams as the premier league is so popular in Nigeria. Most, if not all Nigerian premier league fans, do respect the Egyptian king Mo Salah.

Egyptians generally cheer for Nigeria in continental and global sports’ events, and Nigerians cheer for Egyptians in the international championships.

All in all, Egyptians and Nigerians are brethren who believe in a better tomorrow for themselves and their people, though tribalism is much more apparent in Nigeria than it is in Egypt

Re: What Do Other Nationalities Thinks Of Nigerians by Nobody: 7:35pm On Oct 03, 2020
I think we are celebrities as other nation think high of us.

But we are greatly suffering from inferiority complex

I will post other nationals responses shortly
Re: What Do Other Nationalities Thinks Of Nigerians by Nobody: 7:36pm On Oct 03, 2020
Here is a nigerian reply.

I have read apt analysis of the peculiarities of Nigeria and Nigerians from other Africans and non-Africans. I feel the great respect, for which I am very grateful.

If others have taken time to understand us, question is do we Nigerians really understand ourselves? Amr rightly pointed to our tribalistic inclinations. A line in our former anthem reads ‘Though tribe and tongue may differ, in brotherhood we stand'.

Yes, we may be of hundreds of ethnic nationalities and languages, but this should not make us enemies or engage in unhealthy competitions. Doing so, the world is leaving us behind. I am Igbo, but I strongly believe that Nigeria is better together. Our diversity ought to be our strength. Let's stop using the mistakes of yesterday to determine our future. Part of the problem is the very old people who are still wielding political power. They are still living in yesteryears, using their positions to divide us along ethnic and religious lines for their selfish interests. If we are not sufficiently educated, remain economically shortchanged and continue to fight each other, we will be blind and incapacitated to deal with the real root causes of our problems. This is a strategy by those who stand to gain from the situation.

Again, Amr talked about our optimistic spirit (true), but not changing our lifestyles. Of course, no one can reasonably expect a different result from doing the same thing the same way. A word is enough for the wise �
Re: What Do Other Nationalities Thinks Of Nigerians by Iceyjayz: 7:39pm On Oct 03, 2020
Continue..
Re: What Do Other Nationalities Thinks Of Nigerians by Nobody: 7:41pm On Oct 03, 2020
A foreigner's opinion

Oh dear.I am afraid that I cannot remain silent in the face of this. Nigeria is the most under achieving nation in the world. The country that once boasted that it would become the first black superpower has 70% of its population living on less than $2 a day. The nation with a huge supply of oil reserves has a fuel shortage. Corruption is estimated to cost Nigeria $8 billion annually. Nigeria has the most disgraceful record on Human Rights abuses. It is incapable of even staging a remotely credible general election. General Sannia Abache is perhaps the most despicable leader of any nation in recent times.

1 Like

Re: What Do Other Nationalities Thinks Of Nigerians by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 03, 2020
Another foreigner's opinion.

I worked for four research institutions in SA and every one of them had problems with scammers from nigeria.The drug trade is largely controlled by nigerian drug dealers and places incl hillbrow in johannessburg, durban beach front, pretoria central, cape central, sandton etc. As for drug mules, Nigerians are using SA as a place to trade drugs around the world. Many top Nigerians prefer SA over there own country. Another thing, Nigerians are trying to scam me everyday. I dont have a cheque for a million bucks and donald trump didnt send me a cheque. Obama has not decided to give me 80 million bucks and i have no relatives in Lagos. Nigerian universities compare nowhere to that of SA on the world rankings. Eg; find me an African university better than UCT or stellenbosch which has many nigerians leaving their home country to study or work there

2 Likes

Re: What Do Other Nationalities Thinks Of Nigerians by Nobody: 7:47pm On Oct 03, 2020
Here is another, actually, i'm a bit disappointed that i could find no encouraging contribution from other outsiders, although only SA's are commenting, but it speaks a lot.

We still have a lot of work to do, inorder to revive the image of our nation.

Here is the last i will be posting.

People who come from the geographical location called Nigeria have done great things across borders no doubt about that, but that doesn’t mean there is any thing good about Nigeria as a country. No electricity, no roads, no medical facility. I would rather think of Nigeria as an illegitimate oil deal.
Re: What Do Other Nationalities Thinks Of Nigerians by Vyzz: 9:43pm On Oct 03, 2020
There are bad people in Nigeria but Nigerians are generally good people....

But never believe what an SA guy or girl tell u about Nigeria....

They are enemy of the state and would love to paint it as bad as the could....
Re: What Do Other Nationalities Thinks Of Nigerians by Nobody: 4:53pm On Oct 04, 2020
Vyzz:
There are bad people in Nigeria but Nigerians are generally good people....

But never believe what an SA guy or girl tell u about Nigeria....

They are enemy of the state and would love to paint it as bad as the could....

I strongly agree with you.

I'm an orphan that has been at the mercy of a lot of strangers while growing up, although people will make you believe that all men are evil, i can confidently tell you that no man is evil unless the person telling you that someone is evil.
And those who are evil are only about 5% of the total population, of which i still don't agree that they are evil.

I have no religion, no ethnicity.
I love and adore everybody, i favour no one above another, i cherish everybody, because i've seen that we are all one.

Finally, if you are suffering any form of ill, it is only because you are ill minded

1 Like

Re: What Do Other Nationalities Thinks Of Nigerians by IronGalaxy: 1:20pm On Oct 13, 2020
Akamariner:
I think we are celebrities as other nation think high of us.

But we are greatly suffering from inferiority complex

I will post other nationals responses shortly
LMFAO

2 Likes

Re: What Do Other Nationalities Thinks Of Nigerians by tunjilee003: 1:27pm On Oct 13, 2020
Nigeria is the most populous black nation black nation in the universe and among the top countries with a higher population, even in the united states, Nigerian students are the most popular student, but our problem lies with the caliber of politicians we have...

1 Like

Re: What Do Other Nationalities Thinks Of Nigerians by YEBOmadiba: 7:05pm On Oct 13, 2020
Iceyjayz:
Continue..

LOL grin grin grin

IronGalaxy, check who's here looking for self-gratification. It's Mr Shacks himself.
Re: What Do Other Nationalities Thinks Of Nigerians by YEBOmadiba: 7:06pm On Oct 13, 2020
IronGalaxy:
LMFAO

Eish. He should post what South Africans think of Nigerians and let's see if they are still "celebrities" grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do Other Nationalities Thinks Of Nigerians by YEBOmadiba: 7:12pm On Oct 13, 2020
Akamariner:
Another foreigner's opinion.

I worked for four research institutions in SA and every one of them had problems with scammers from nigeria.The drug trade is largely controlled by nigerian drug dealers and places incl hillbrow in johannessburg, durban beach front, pretoria central, cape central, sandton etc. As for drug mules, Nigerians are using SA as a place to trade drugs around the world. Many top Nigerians prefer SA over there own country. Another thing, Nigerians are trying to scam me everyday. I dont have a cheque for a million bucks and donald trump didnt send me a cheque. Obama has not decided to give me 80 million bucks and i have no relatives in Lagos. Nigerian universities compare nowhere to that of SA on the world rankings. Eg; find me an African university better than UCT or stellenbosch which has many nigerians leaving their home country to study or work there

Iceyjayz won't like this cry :' cry

2 Likes

Re: What Do Other Nationalities Thinks Of Nigerians by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jan 07, 2021
tunjilee003:
Nigeria is the most populous black nation black nation in the universe and among the top countries with a higher population, even in the united states, Nigerian students are the most popular student, but our problem lies with the caliber of politicians we have...

That is a whole lot of shit you typed up there, our problem is in ourselves, not politicians

(1) (Reply)

#endsars: IPOB Nnamdi Kanu Names A Politician As Being Behind Alausa Protesters' / Soro Soke Radio By #endsars Protesters Is Live / Three (3) Things President Buhari Should Do Now To End All Protests Nationwide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.