Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,751 members, 7,831,406 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

BREAKING: Police Violations Of Young People’s Rights Unacceptable- Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Police Violations Of Young People’s Rights Unacceptable- Osinbajo (392 Views)

Osinbajo: Police Violations Of Young People's Rights Unacceptable, Annoying / Ease Of Lockdown Over COVID-19: Chaotic Scenes At Banks Unacceptable – Mustapha / Pdp Cites Cases Of “infractions & Deliberate Violations Of The Electoral Law..." (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Police Violations Of Young People’s Rights Unacceptable- Osinbajo by Shooyie: 6:51pm On Oct 04, 2020
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo on Sunday described the violation of young people’s right as unacceptable and annoying.

“I am very concerned, in fact, very angry about what I see, happening to young men and women who are arrested, in some cases maimed or killed by men of the police force.”

Prof. Osinbajo when approached by State House correspondents at the Presidential Villa on his way out of the residence this afternoon said he will ensure that justice is done.

Prof Osinbajo was asked mainly about the economic challenges facing the country and Nigerians, and also the reported recent upsurge in the activities of FSARS regarding harassment of people alongside different violations of the rights of especially young Nigerians by some police officers.

In his response, the VP who had earlier held a meeting with the Inspector General of Police today at his residence said the President and himself had discussed the matter on a number of occasions noting the President’s displeasure about such reports and his resolve to ensure reforms.

According to him, such violations are “completely unacceptable because these are individuals who are meant to protect Nigerians. The arrest, maiming or killing of young people or anyone at all, is completely wrong. It is unlawful and illegal, and anyone involved in this act ought to be investigated and prosecuted.”

Read more : https://www.chronicle.ng/2020/10/police-violations-of-young-peoples-rights-unacceptable-annoying-osinbajo/

Re: BREAKING: Police Violations Of Young People’s Rights Unacceptable- Osinbajo by SLAP44: 6:54pm On Oct 04, 2020
Ok
Re: BREAKING: Police Violations Of Young People’s Rights Unacceptable- Osinbajo by TheRareGem1(f): 7:13pm On Oct 04, 2020
I knew osinbajo will have a hand in this ban. The man surely know how to work in a subtle and effective way. Just like how he intervene with the leaders of southern Kaduna during the killings then.
Re: BREAKING: Police Violations Of Young People’s Rights Unacceptable- Osinbajo by Temitopemo6e6(m): 7:14pm On Oct 04, 2020
Ok
Re: BREAKING: Police Violations Of Young People’s Rights Unacceptable- Osinbajo by longetivity(m): 7:22pm On Oct 04, 2020
Then take actions
Re: BREAKING: Police Violations Of Young People’s Rights Unacceptable- Osinbajo by Mynd44: 7:27pm On Oct 04, 2020
Re: BREAKING: Police Violations Of Young People’s Rights Unacceptable- Osinbajo by vastolord4(m): 8:15pm On Oct 04, 2020
For real??
Re: BREAKING: Police Violations Of Young People’s Rights Unacceptable- Osinbajo by SpecialAdviser(m): 8:16pm On Oct 04, 2020
TheRareGem1:
I knew osinbajo will have a hand in this ban. The man surely know how to work in a subtle and effective way. Just like how he intervene with the leaders of southern Kaduna during the killings then.

Stop promoting this man. He and Buhari have failed.
Re: BREAKING: Police Violations Of Young People’s Rights Unacceptable- Osinbajo by Nobody: 8:19pm On Oct 04, 2020
It's sad to see police attacking people they are meant to protect. I mean, when will the police behave and be equipped like their counterparts overseas? Many jobs soldiers do are sincerely that of the police (Army-External Aggression. Police-Internal Aggression). Our army has been reduced to almost nothing for God knows what incompetence. It is well
Re: BREAKING: Police Violations Of Young People’s Rights Unacceptable- Osinbajo by Elvictor: 8:20pm On Oct 04, 2020
always on the news for good and in reality for nothing, this man shouldn't bother contesting for presidency. lemme don't talk, we shall see
Re: BREAKING: Police Violations Of Young People’s Rights Unacceptable- Osinbajo by Nobody: 8:20pm On Oct 04, 2020
Police can so get mouth for civilians. During robbery, call them, you'll be sure to see them AFTER THE ROBBERY. Then they'll come and flex muscles on civilians asking people "what happened?" and be taking rubbish pictures (That's for the ones that want to emulate America's intelligence at least from the movies they've watched) lol. (Only on few cases they've impressed me honestly).
They need to improve. The government too needs to equip them like SERIOUSLY.
I may not blame them o. They are poorly equipped and paid too.
So many things just wrong in this country I swear

(1) (Reply)

Gen Babangida Opens Up On June 12 Political Interregnum! / BREAKING! Ahmad Bamali Emerges Emir Of Zazzau / Three Children Of Police Officers Drown In A’ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.