Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,761 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:26 PM

Akin Alabi Files House Motion To Dissolve SARS - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akin Alabi Files House Motion To Dissolve SARS (32256 Views)

Akin Alabi Moves Motion To Stop Harassment By Online Loan Providers / Malami Asks Makinde To Dissolve LG Caretaker Chairmen / CEO Of Betting Company, Akin Alabi Cries Out As Man Won N24m With N1,500 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akin Alabi Files House Motion To Dissolve SARS by AnonPoet: 3:40pm On Oct 05, 2020
Akin Alabi has filed a motion before the House of Representatives asking for an urgent dissolution of the dreaded police special anti-robbery squad, SARS.

Mr. Alabi, APC-Oyo, said there is enough evidence in the public domain to proscribe SARS immediately, warning that the unit has committed enough atrocities.

Mr. Alabi said SARS operatives have become so lawless that even the police inspector-general can no longer contain their excesses, decrying how Nigerians now harbour untold fear of the deadly and corrupt unit.

“Policing in Nigeria continues to fall short of modern practices where citizens should be treated with utmost respect and decorum, therefore making it very difficult for an average citizen to truly trust that the police are their friends,” Mr. Alabi said.

Lawmakers were notified of the motion today and would likely be considered at a plenary this week.

The demand came after widespread outcry against SARS deadly and crooked conduct led to an emotional weekend for the country.

Inspector-General Muhammed Adamu responded to the outrage by announcing yet another restriction of SARS officers from the road, a decision Nigerians, including Mr. Alabi, said was superfluous and did not go far enough.
https://peoplesgazette.com/just-in-akin-alabi-files-house-motion-to-dissolve-sars/?utm_source=ReviveOldPost&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=ReviveOldPost

76 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Akin Alabi Files House Motion To Dissolve SARS by LosC: 3:43pm On Oct 05, 2020
Hope the rubber stamp Speaker and Senate President will agree to this.

217 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Akin Alabi Files House Motion To Dissolve SARS by Nobody: 3:46pm On Oct 05, 2020
I really commiserate with all those whose siblings have been killed during this Buhari regime brought upon us by BAT.

May their souls rest in peace amen.

Let the house expedite this process and disarm all of them completely.

The IG can't stop them reason being that,he gets his returns from the parades.

It's very unfortunate and pitiful how can an exalted man up to the IG come so low to parrow with those killers and dirty beings.

Fu.,ck!

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Akin Alabi Files House Motion To Dissolve SARS by jojofola: 3:46pm On Oct 05, 2020
First sensible step.

But I can bet that this will be thrown away.

84 Likes

Re: Akin Alabi Files House Motion To Dissolve SARS by leksdigital: 3:46pm On Oct 05, 2020
It's sad , its pathetic, it is not about whether you dress wrong or commit a crime. I was once apprehended, I showed them what I do, I showed them my website, my IG page, they searched my phones they didn't see anything, yet they took me to their station and asked me to pay. I was delayed for over 5 hours. They stole my laptop and we spent the next 2 hours looking for my laptop. One of them even told me If I do no coorperate they will join me with the criminals they caught. I had to cry for help on whatsapp and someone reached out to the commisioner of police who reached out to the DPO of the station. Immediately the commisioner called my laptop came out and I was allowed to go. Its a shame, we all need to stand up against this

Nigeria is really though for the Nigerian youth its sad. Imagine doing a legit job and still being paraded and jailed for a criminal offence.

218 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Akin Alabi Files House Motion To Dissolve SARS by Deocle: 3:46pm On Oct 05, 2020
Nice one
Re: Akin Alabi Files House Motion To Dissolve SARS by 6digitscomrade: 3:47pm On Oct 05, 2020

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akin Alabi Files House Motion To Dissolve SARS by minasota(f): 3:47pm On Oct 05, 2020
Nice one
Re: Akin Alabi Files House Motion To Dissolve SARS by BigDick70inch(m): 3:47pm On Oct 05, 2020
[b]Our politicians r selectively blind to corrections/amendment..
Wont..be surprised if the bills doesnt make to second reading..

Mr Nairabet I see u..
[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Akin Alabi Files House Motion To Dissolve SARS by travelwaka: 3:47pm On Oct 05, 2020
I just hope the government will do something fast about it, we are tired of these empty threats and promises

2 Likes

Re: Akin Alabi Files House Motion To Dissolve SARS by bewla(m): 3:47pm On Oct 05, 2020
a
Re: Akin Alabi Files House Motion To Dissolve SARS by boolee(m): 3:47pm On Oct 05, 2020
True. There are Excesses from FSARS that need to be checked and tamed as soon as possible.

But only a criminal minded person will call for the End of FSARS.

You can as well go and clamor for the End of Nigeria Police Force. If that will help achieve your evil goals faster.

Just Last week, A Nigeria court stopped the IGP from recruiting 10000 constables into the NPF.

The supposedly youths said nothing about it.

Yet we cry everyday No Job in the country.

We are our own problem. And only WE can solve the problems.

Until then,

Let's us return back to twitter

To continue

#EndSARS
#EndNigeriaPolice
#EndNigeriaArmy
#EndNigeriaCustoms

What else should we End on Twitter?

1 Like

Re: Akin Alabi Files House Motion To Dissolve SARS by Adaorababy(f): 3:47pm On Oct 05, 2020
Although, the dreaded SARS have caused more harm than good, rather than proscribe them completely, can't sanctions be applied to erring officers? Fact is, the southern parts of Nigeria which includes south south, south west and south east are characterized by a lot of nefarious activities which includes armed robbery, kidnappings, rituals, yahoo yahoo and so forth. Due to the present situation of the country, and social class competitions that we are awashed with on social media, most youths in the south have resorted to crime.
A lot of people will argue that SARS have killed and extorted more innocent people than the actual culprits of these crimes but I strongly feel some of them are responsible for these harassments.
A lot of youths who are not into any illegality dress irresponsibly, this alone is a red flag for any SARS official while some persons are just so eager to flaunt their wealths either on social media or in real life.
Now, if they're proscribed l, won't it be a field day for crime agents?
I don't even know what I'm saying self.

4 Likes

Re: Akin Alabi Files House Motion To Dissolve SARS by Nobody: 3:47pm On Oct 05, 2020
Akin our person, make this bill fly,end SARS now

6 Likes

Re: Akin Alabi Files House Motion To Dissolve SARS by Blackking98(m): 3:47pm On Oct 05, 2020
This Man knows he was elected to represent the people

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akin Alabi Files House Motion To Dissolve SARS by kingthreat(m): 3:47pm On Oct 05, 2020
The SARS problem has been there since decades in Nigeria. Then there was no SARS, the problem was simply the Nigerian Police.
Lets face it, there are a lot of criminal elements in the Nigerian police and these idle minds use the opportunity to harass and rob and kill innocent citizens.
Banning SARS will encourage robbers and kidnappers to have a field day. What is best that can happen is a complete re-orientation of the police force and a watch dog within the police system that deals ruthlessly with erring officers.

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Akin Alabi Files House Motion To Dissolve SARS by Cryptofxt10: 3:48pm On Oct 05, 2020
Very good...
Re: Akin Alabi Files House Motion To Dissolve SARS by BigSarah(f): 3:48pm On Oct 05, 2020
Scam ... The IGP is following directives, the SARS personnel are following directives... This isn't going anytime soon

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akin Alabi Files House Motion To Dissolve SARS by GreaterFuture(m): 3:48pm On Oct 05, 2020
Attack a problem from the roots. SARS is not the only one that does this, all security and Force Agencies do it, even Customs at the Border.
Should we then Scrap the Army, Mopol, VIO, FRSC and Co. Too?
Pls let's attack the problem as whole itself

Foreign Used Dump Trucks/Tippers available For Sale. Very Neat, Low Mileage 30Tonnes Tippers at ₦18M per Truck.
Also 20 tonne MACK Tippers Foreign Used (₦9M/Tipper).
Several Units Available. Call/SMS Or WhatsApp - 0807.105.6795.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akin Alabi Files House Motion To Dissolve SARS by IamWonderful: 3:49pm On Oct 05, 2020
Good, although dissolving them isn't the best way, they should go through intellectual, physiology, drug and psychological evaluation, some of them cannot handle pressure and they work under the influence of alcohol and drugs, they should be subjected to rigorous screening before handing over a gun to blood thirty people

2 Likes

Re: Akin Alabi Files House Motion To Dissolve SARS by Prinnce1: 3:49pm On Oct 05, 2020
This thing is getting serious but my opinion will be this people to take it easy because the blood of this guys are hot now..... The have invaded other state that didn't report their atrocities as am talking to you now they are fully hovering around in uyo

7 Likes

Re: Akin Alabi Files House Motion To Dissolve SARS by Iconstar: 3:49pm On Oct 05, 2020
Re: Akin Alabi Files House Motion To Dissolve SARS by grim33(m): 3:49pm On Oct 05, 2020
A step in the right direction.
Re: Akin Alabi Files House Motion To Dissolve SARS by Mohayemi(m): 3:49pm On Oct 05, 2020
I wonder why many people don't realize this fact. Placing a ban on the SARS outfit doesn't mean an outright sack of the bad eggs amongst them. They'll simply pitch their tent under another nomenclature and continue to ply their nefarious trade. What the Nigerian police force needs is to mete out strict disciplinary measures for erring officers and this discipline must start from those in the highest echelons of the force.

1 Like

Re: Akin Alabi Files House Motion To Dissolve SARS by seeker121(m): 3:49pm On Oct 05, 2020
Don,t end sars just legalise gun and let us see who wins between the masses and SARS.I believe those miscreants will go lowkey now and resume after everything went down in the next two months.All we want is legalisation of arms and the federal government should sit back and watch as he dey go.

41 Likes

Re: Akin Alabi Files House Motion To Dissolve SARS by Iconstar: 3:50pm On Oct 05, 2020
BigSarah:
Scam ... The IGP is following directives, the SARS personnel are following directives... This isn't going anytime soon
My thoughts exactly
Re: Akin Alabi Files House Motion To Dissolve SARS by AmazingELixir: 3:50pm On Oct 05, 2020
cool

Very good bill from an Afonja lawmaker .

Afonja amaka for this bill

2 Likes

Re: Akin Alabi Files House Motion To Dissolve SARS by Coronavirus84: 3:50pm On Oct 05, 2020
Reform SARS and not dissolution. Yahoo boys are just hiding under #Endsars for their personal evil act

12 Likes

Re: Akin Alabi Files House Motion To Dissolve SARS by SmellingAnus(m): 3:50pm On Oct 05, 2020
Akin wan cut their slips

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Money Looted In 8yrs Enough To Pay Every Nigerian N732,000, Says PSC Commissione / Hamid Ali Flying First Class - Premium Times / New Minimum Wage: Reps Reject N27,000 Approved For Nigerian Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.