Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,394 members, 7,954,574 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:01 PM

What Should I Do? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Should I Do? (348 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Should I Do? by kapich: 6:32pm On Oct 05, 2020
Everywhere I go, the message is that someone is angry at me thus sworn to make life difficult for me. I don't know this person whether she or he. I'm married, I have children but things are not well with us. We are practically struggling. My wife and I are graduates.

I have prayed, fasted, gone to mountains for prayers. Even done deliverance. Please can anyone suggest what else I can do.

God bless
Re: What Should I Do? by Kobojunkie: 6:39pm On Oct 05, 2020
kapich:
Everywhere I go, the message is that someone is angry at me thus sworn to make life difficult for me. I don't know this person whether she or he. I'm married, I have children but things are not well with us. We are practically struggling. My wife and I are graduates.

I have prayed, fasted, gone to mountains for prayers. Even done deliverance. Please can anyone suggest what else I can do.
God bless
Have you ever considered completely ignoring all religious(lies) advice and instead seeing your situation as it clearly presents itself to you instead?
Jesus Christ never told any of those who followed Him to believe in such lies as you claim to have been told. He taught them instead to instead look inwards (not outwards for enemies and demons) whenever there was a problem.

Sometimes the best thing to do is to step back.... away from all the muck (advise) and revisit reality, and hence truth.

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do? by Ihedinobi3: 2:23pm On Oct 08, 2020
kapich:

God bless

Hi there.

I'm very sorry for your troubles. This is a very hard and a very vulnerable sort of time for you.

I know for certain, however, that the Lord is able to do all things and that those who trust in Him are never put to shame. So, I would urge you to take your concerns to Him in prayer and trust Him to give you just the answer that you need.

It is good to keep in mind that the Lord sometimes answers us in ways we might not want, but we can always be sure that His Answers are perfect for us:

9 . . . Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. 8 Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. ”
2 Corinthians 12:7b-9a (NIV)

I also would counsel that you ignore any so-called prophecies or dreams or visions as messages from the Lord about your troubles. The Bible teaches that those things are not functional at present and they haven't been since the Bible was completed. So what information comes from them is bound to be false or at least misleading.

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears.
1 Corinthians 13:8-10 (NIV)

1 In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe.
Hebrews 1:1-2 (NIV)

If you have very vivid dreams or dreams that seem like portents, try to keep in mind that the Bible says this about some of the dreams that we have:

3 A dream comes when there are many cares,
and many words mark the speech of a fool.
Ecclesiastes 5:3 (NIV)

That is, our dreams have a lot to do with our own internal psychology, with our fears, desires, thoughts, and emotions. We dream many things because of the strong impression any given thing is making on our emotions at any given time. This has always been true throughout the history of mankind, but sometimes the Lord will inspire the dreams of a few people in order to give them divine messages. However, as I have just told you, that time is now past. The Lord only speaks to us now through the Bible. So, if you wish to know the counsel of the Lord concerning anything in your life, the Bible is where you have to go.

I know by experience that the Bible is not even remotely easy to understand, but don't let that worry you. Not only has the Lord provided you with the Holy Spirit indwelling you, since you believe in Jesus Christ - God and Man Who died for our sins -, He has also provided pastor-teachers to explain the Bible to you. So, you can use the help of such people to understand what the Lord is saying to you about your situation and how you can find peace regarding it.

11 So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, 12 to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up 13 until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.
Ephesians 4:11-13 (NIV)

I personally grew up spiritually under https://ichthys.com, so I highly recommend it. It's a text-based website, so it doesn't cost very much in data to access and it is easy to access no matter what type of Internet connection you have. Alternatively, you could use www.bibleacademyonline.com which is a video-based ministry. Nor do you have to use any of these two. If you find any other worthy teacher who is able to teach you the "whole counsel of God", that is, everything that the Bible actually teaches, I encourage you to take full advantage of it. You can always evaluate pastor-teachers by comparing what they say to what the Bible actually says:

15 “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16 By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17 Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.
Matthew 7:15-20 (NIV)

33 “Make a tree good and its fruit will be good, or make a tree bad and its fruit will be bad, for a tree is recognized by its fruit. 34 You brood of vipers, how can you who are evil say anything good? For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of. 35 A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him.
Matthew 12:33-35 (NIV)

I'll say a prayer for you here. We believers are targets of Satan in this world (John 16:33; 17:14), and we are here to prove that our faith is genuine too (1 Peter 1:6-7), so the Lord does allow us to suffer to prove the quality of our faith. This is why we are commanded to "pray for all the saints with every prayer" (Ephesians 6:18). We are, after all, suffering because we belong to Jesus Christ:

2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds,
James 1:2 (NIV)

41 The apostles left the Sanhedrin, rejoicing because they had been counted worthy of suffering disgrace for the Name.
Acts 5:41 (NIV)

Cheers. And rejoice.

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:14pm On Oct 08, 2020
Rule 1 - Seek Ye First, The Kingdom of God[/b]Seek Ye First, The Kingdom of God, and [b]His Rightness/Righteousness

Yes and Amen
Song by Hillsong Worship

God says Yes! And I know that I'm blessed
Yes! Got a heart that's at rest
Yes! And a future that's sealed
Yes! If I'm healed then I'm healed
I'm not afraid of circumstances
'Cause I, have already found the answers
In Christ all of God's promises are Yes!

Yes and Amen!

Stanza I:
Now's the time to let faith win
God has placed His promises in the center of His Will
Seek His Kingdom and His Ways
All the power of heaven is yours to call today
Re: What Should I Do? by Davoneskay(m): 1:06am On Oct 09, 2020
@ Kapich! There's nothing hidden from our Creator. Ask for a revelation of all you seek. Try this at 1:00 am everyday. Certainly, if you're watchful of your dreams, you'll see all that needs to be seen. Again, pray for revelation. It doesn't need to be a long prayer. 10 mins. isn't bad. Also ask for wisdom to act right in relations to whatever gets revealed to you.

I find it hard why people don't ask for whatever they what to know through dreams. In fact, if my team would win or lose, I get notified in my dream some hours to the match.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Dangers Of Fornication In The House Of God / Trump: Nigerians Mock Taribo West Over Failed Prophecy On US Election (video) / Charlie Charlie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.