Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,780 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

Arsenal Signs Thomas Partey From Atletico Madrid - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Arsenal Signs Thomas Partey From Atletico Madrid (23701 Views)

Why Thomas Partey's Move From Atletico Madrid To Arsenal Got Messy / Arsenal Signs Coutinho From Barcelona / NFF Signs Thomas Dennerby For Super Falcons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Signs Thomas Partey From Atletico Madrid by Decimus: 9:29am On Oct 06, 2020
ABANGWABOI:

Arteta has 2 trophy despite coming in december as the 3rd coach after the sacking of Emery & changing of Freddie as temporary coach but your lampard started with chelsea from pre season, then a full league season without winning even a spoon...
Arteta is miles ahead of your lampard & that trophyless Ole in Man utd...
Record speaks bro..

Charity shield and FA Cup?

Conte won the premier league and FA cup and still got sacked

Di Matteo won the Champions League and FA Cup and was sacked

It's better for a club to have good players and a bad coach than to have bad players and a good coach.
A coach can easily be replaced, even after the close of the transfer window.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Signs Thomas Partey From Atletico Madrid by Decimus: 9:32am On Oct 06, 2020
KosiGee:

Willian is a good buy. He will gel into the squad.
Willian is naturally inconsistent. It's not about gelling. He gave two assists on his debut, you might not hear from him in a while.
Re: Arsenal Signs Thomas Partey From Atletico Madrid by AroleOduduwa2: 9:36am On Oct 06, 2020
Forumobserver12:

The guy must have been listening to the likes of Michael Owen and Jaimie Carraghan for too long....

You honestly think arsenal will win the league with this current squad, you guys will go back to your cave as usual come December
Re: Arsenal Signs Thomas Partey From Atletico Madrid by ABANGWABOI(m): 9:47am On Oct 06, 2020
Decimus:

Charity shield and FA Cup?

Conte won the premier league and FA cup and still got sacked

Di Matteo won the Champions League and FA Cup and was sacked

It's better for a club to have good players and a bad coach than to have bad players and a good coach.
A coach can easily be replaced, even after the close of the transfer window.

Arsenal crop of players and coach are better than both chelsea & man utd players and coach..
Take it or leave it...
The records are there..

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Signs Thomas Partey From Atletico Madrid by ABANGWABOI(m): 9:49am On Oct 06, 2020
Shadysen:
you just killed man u fans lol...

I hate that useless club with passion..
Re: Arsenal Signs Thomas Partey From Atletico Madrid by Passionatebabe: 9:49am On Oct 06, 2020
chiedonedoor:
Wow.
Acts 4:12 KJV
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. Christ is coming soon.
Repent to avoid HELL

Hell promoters and hell fire mongers, God has never imagined burning people in fire (Jeremiah 7:31). Hell fire is just from your own imagination, with the assistance of a wrong Bible translation. To assist you understand this, check everywhere the word "hell" appears in your Bible and compare it with as many translations as you can lay your hand. Tell me what you find.

Reason it this way, if Adam dragged the entire human race into sin and death (of course you must have read in your Bible that the wages of sin is death, not hell) and he did not receive penalty of being burned in hell fire (Genesis 3:19) how come you whose sin is smaller will be burned in fire?

Does it mean that God will overlook evil and evil doers? Not at all. If you see someone who catches a lizard and starts to dismember it bit by bit or to burn it in the fire to suffer it, what will you call that person? Wicked? Sadist? If YOUR God does the same, what will you call him? For the avoidance of doubt, evil doers will be destroyed but they will not be tortured in hell fire

Well Jesus was in Bible "hell", the grave (Acts 2:31). If someone as good as Jesus can be in "hell", it will make sense for you to go there not so?

The "hell" you propagate does not let anyone in it go free, abi? Why then does your Bible say that "hell" will free those who died in it? (Revelation 20:13,14)

I can go on and on.
Re: Arsenal Signs Thomas Partey From Atletico Madrid by Decimus: 10:01am On Oct 06, 2020
ABANGWABOI:

Arsenal crop of players and coach are better than both chelsea & man utd players and coach..
Take it or leave it...
The records are there..
Record of finishing 8th?
Who was Arsenal's best AM last season? How many goals and assists did he have?
Didn't Werner outscored Aubameyang?
Re: Arsenal Signs Thomas Partey From Atletico Madrid by YoungDaNaval(m): 10:04am On Oct 06, 2020
Chai, I miss song
Re: Arsenal Signs Thomas Partey From Atletico Madrid by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 10:05am On Oct 06, 2020
KosiGee:

Liverpool is a very good team but I think this present Arsenal squad can get a point off Liverpool or even beat them at Anfield. As an Arsenal fan, my concerns when the gunners are playing them are not Salah, Van Dijk or Trent Arnold....my biggest fear is Sadio Mane and fringe players like Origi.

Remove Mane in the team and Arsenal would scratch them deeply...

Thomas Partey going to Arsenal fills me with joy. He is strong and good in the midfield...ever since that Super Eagles team b vs Athletico Madrid match where Nwakali and I think Usman Mohammed scored beautiful goals, I’ve never forgotten how Partey bullied and tormented the Eagles. He is strong and a no nonsense player and I have been his fan ever since.

I fantasise seeing Sadio Mane, Origi, Moussa Sisokko, Partey and Traore of Wolves at Arsenal.
Lol, Arsenal fans and initial gragra.Is Mane and Origi not Liverpool players.Apart from Aubameyang which good player is in Arsenal.
Re: Arsenal Signs Thomas Partey From Atletico Madrid by udy4real(m): 10:07am On Oct 06, 2020
sylarada:
Wawu!

For everyone who needs side hustle, great deal is up for you!
Tell me
Re: Arsenal Signs Thomas Partey From Atletico Madrid by Omaticaya225(m): 10:09am On Oct 06, 2020
arsenal getting formidable

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Signs Thomas Partey From Atletico Madrid by KosiGee(m): 10:10am On Oct 06, 2020
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Lol, Arsenal fans and initial gragra.Is Mane and Origi not Liverpool players.Apart from Aubameyang which good player is in Arsenal.

Don’t misunderstand me sir.

I like Arsenal fc and I’m a fan. I only stated what I felt like seeing. It’s more of a dream.
I hate to see them lose but I’m not a fanatic. They can lose or get thrash for all I care. I don’t give a hoot.

I am a fan Enugu Rangers and the Nigeria Super Eagles and I’m passionate about the two teams. I’ll wear my Super Eagles shirt with pride and I’ll wear an Enugu Rangers football shirt to the Emirates but sadly, I have not seen any shirt or anywhere to get a Rangers shirt.
Re: Arsenal Signs Thomas Partey From Atletico Madrid by Decimus: 10:11am On Oct 06, 2020
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Leave them, after the break they will play Man city, Leicester, Man u, Aston Villa, Leeds, Wolves and Tottenham in that order.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Signs Thomas Partey From Atletico Madrid by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 10:13am On Oct 06, 2020
Decimus:

Leave them, after the break they will play Man city, Leicester, Man u, Aston Villa, Leeds, Wolves and Tottenham in that order.
Are you kidding me.Strong matches.
Re: Arsenal Signs Thomas Partey From Atletico Madrid by ABANGWABOI(m): 10:14am On Oct 06, 2020
Decimus:

Record of finishing 8th?
Who was Arsenal's best AM last season? How many goals and assists did he have?
Didn't Werner outscored Aubameyang?

Did your lampard win a spoon
Arteta has 2 trophies..
You must be delusional to compare a world class striker like Auba to Werner..
In Auba last season in Bundesliga he beat the almighty Lewandowski to the top scorer award 31 goals to Lewy's 30...
E Be like you just start dey watch football..

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Signs Thomas Partey From Atletico Madrid by Decimus: 10:14am On Oct 06, 2020
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Are you kidding me.Strong matches.
That's how it's in the fixtures.
Re: Arsenal Signs Thomas Partey From Atletico Madrid by showafrica(m): 10:20am On Oct 06, 2020
fergie001:

SOURCE

SOURCE

Arsenal's Lucas Torreira will proceed on a season-long loan to the Madrid-side.

SOURCE

Diego simione making huge money for Athletico

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Signs Thomas Partey From Atletico Madrid by NeeKlaus: 10:29am On Oct 06, 2020
babyfaceafrica:
his games are boring though... Arsenal games are no longer interesting to watch. See has leeds and Aston villa played big teams with no fear.. But Arteta always pack the bus
He only packs the bus against Liverpool and City.
He doesn't pack the bus against any other team.

You people should calm down. The best way to beat teams better than you is to hit them on the counter. If you come out, they will beat you soundly.

Didn't Aston Villa park the bus and use long balls to beat Liverpool?

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Signs Thomas Partey From Atletico Madrid by Decimus: 10:33am On Oct 06, 2020
ABANGWABOI:

Did your lampard win a spoon
Arteta has 2 trophies..
You must be delusional to compare a world class striker like Auba to Werner..
In Auba last season in Bundesliga he beat the almighty Lewandowski to the top scorer award 31 goals to Lewy's 30...
E Be like you just start dey watch football..
Werner is just 24, in 161 appearances for Leipzig, he scored 96 goals.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Signs Thomas Partey From Atletico Madrid by ABANGWABOI(m): 10:37am On Oct 06, 2020
Decimus:

Werner is just 24, in 161 appearances for Leipzig, he scored 96 goals.

Since you know Auba is older and better why compare them...
Go and check Auba's Start in Arsenal..
And also in Dortmund.. You would know he is a goal king...
Even our clueless leader in nigeria would not in his dreams compare Auba to a Rookie like Werner..

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Signs Thomas Partey From Atletico Madrid by Eberex(m): 10:51am On Oct 06, 2020
NeeKlaus:

He only packs the bus against Liverpool and City.
He doesn't pack the bus against any other team.

You people should calm down. The best way to beat teams better than you is to hit them on the counter. If you come out, they will beat you soundly.

Didn't Aston Villa park the bus and use long balls to beat Liverpool?

Don't mind that dude talking. He thinks Arteta is Arsene Wenger who will play the same pattern for every team they meet

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Signs Thomas Partey From Atletico Madrid by NeeKlaus: 10:55am On Oct 06, 2020
Eberex:

Don't mind that dude talking. He thinks Arteta is Arsene Wenger who will play the same pattern for every team they meet
I don't even understand them sef.
Arteta didn't park the bus against Chelsea. He didn't park it against Tottenham or United.

It's only Liverpool and City and that's because these two are better than the rest and it takes an intelligent coach to devise a tactic to beat them.

Arteta is sound, abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Signs Thomas Partey From Atletico Madrid by Decimus: 10:55am On Oct 06, 2020
ABANGWABOI:

Since you know Auba is older and better why compare them...
Go and check Auba's Start in Arsenal..
And also in Dortmund.. You would know he is a goal king...
Even our clueless leader in nigeria would not in his dreams compare Auba to a Rookie like Werner..
A rookie stats doesn't read 96 goals in 161apps
For a club.
Auba has 79 in 126 apps for Arsenal.

At 24, Werner still has the potential and time to score many goals. At least he had more goals in all competition last season than Auba.
But let's just say Auba is better because he's older.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Signs Thomas Partey From Atletico Madrid by NinaArsenal(f): 11:25am On Oct 06, 2020
Samakus:

There's something to like about a beautiful,young woman beautifully dressed in the jersey of England's joy giver of a club. I'm pleased
Thank you sir
Re: Arsenal Signs Thomas Partey From Atletico Madrid by ABANGWABOI(m): 11:30am On Oct 06, 2020
Decimus:

A rookie stats doesn't read 96 goals in 161apps
For a club.
Auba has 79 in 126 apps for Arsenal.

At 24, Werner still has the potential and time to score many goals. At least he had more goals in all competition last season than Auba.
But let's just say Auba is better because he's older.

Point of correction .. Auba is better coz he performs better not because he is older...
since you have brought out both starts of the player.. Now compare the ratio and see who is more clinical..
The same bundesliga that werner hasn't scored up to 30 league goals is the one that Auba left ceremoniously after winning the golden booth with 31 league goals in his last full season..
Auba and that kid Werner would never be mates till christ comes..

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Signs Thomas Partey From Atletico Madrid by gunners160(m): 11:37am On Oct 06, 2020
peeps4u:

High time we returned to 434 now.

Sincerely, I wouldn't mind Elneny along side Partey instead of Xhaka.

I dont know why the guy isn't really rated by many fans. The guy has been awesome this season. Haven't people seen the guy is disciplined, hardly loses balls or gives wrong passes and shields defence well.
With Elneny alongside Partey, partey can occasionally move forward to driblle or shoot.
Ele wetin.
best formation would be 4 -3-3 against a defending team and 3-5-3 against and attacking team. Eleneny is a no for me. The guy is slow with the ball, he passes the ball back ward and kills our counter attack. Eleneny should only be used when the midfield is too difficult to break
Watch how xhaka gives through passes, watch bow he plays the ball wide
Ceballous is a no go area, give him just 2years e will be the next xavi
Re: Arsenal Signs Thomas Partey From Atletico Madrid by gunners160(m): 11:44am On Oct 06, 2020
Decimus:

Willian is naturally inconsistent. It's not about gelling. He gave two assists on his debut, you might not hear from him in a while.
Yes u are right but i believe it is a gud one for Arsenal. The buying of Willian is for Pepe to sit up. The guy feels he can do as he like and he gat not competition. Since the coming of Willian, he has decided to up his game and I see him taking back his position. thesame thing with Lacazzete. I am happy he is on the bench now and Nketiah is playing. They all need to be reminded that u have to fight for your jersey and not business like before
Re: Arsenal Signs Thomas Partey From Atletico Madrid by mideactive: 11:49am On Oct 06, 2020
gunners160:
Ele wetin.
best formation would be 4 -3-3 against a defending team and 3-5-3 against and attacking team. Eleneny is a no for me. The guy is slow with the ball, he passes the ball back ward and kills our counter attack. Eleneny should only be used when the midfield is too difficult to break
Watch how xhaka gives through passes, watch bow he plays the ball wide
Ceballous is a no go area, give him just 2years e will be the next xavi

What's your problem with Eleneny? The dude is a fine player,he plays better as an attacking 4,not that defensive. The dude hardly losses the ball and also give good passes. Just don't know why people don't like him.

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Signs Thomas Partey From Atletico Madrid by brightalo1010: 11:58am On Oct 06, 2020
SpecialAdviser:
All these panic buy by Arsenal and Man U may compound their woes.

Where were they when Chelsea was carefully scouting players? How long will it take before these players blend?

Anyway what do I know. Waiting when they will play Chelsea.
you just commented like a baby fan that you are. You never players that blended immediately and those who took 1 season to do so?
Re: Arsenal Signs Thomas Partey From Atletico Madrid by iamlahmee(m): 12:40pm On Oct 06, 2020
ItsTime4me:
From a Chelsea, supporter I say congrats to Arsenal. This is their best buy in recent times. Lampard will not see this kind of player to go for but would be going for Rice (abi na beans) as if he wants to turn Chelsea to English team.

Truthfully, Arteta is way ahead of Lampard tactically. I would not be surprised if Chelsea gets beaten by this shambolic ManU team. Chelsea fans should not get too excited with their 4-0 over Crystal Palace. Let them play top team's and win first. But I don't see that happening except he changes his philosophy.

I don't hate Lampard. He was one of my favorite players. But I don't like his coaching skills.
lampard actually wanted to sign him but I Chelsea board need to sell players to get fund his transfer but unfortunately the players the board put on for sale wasn't sold...bakayoko, Alonso,drink water etc infact rice deal is still a doubt but I will love Chelsea to sign rice,I don't know why people seems to downplay rice if u watch westham games u will really appreciate him,infact man u fans and arsenal can testify to it..if I could remember vividly rice is among top10 players with most interception and tackles won last season
Re: Arsenal Signs Thomas Partey From Atletico Madrid by 6ixT8: 12:56pm On Oct 06, 2020
SpecialAdviser:
All these panic buy by Arsenal and Man U may compound their woes.

Where were they when Chelsea was carefully scouting players? How long will it take before these players blend?

Anyway what do I know. Waiting when they will play Chelsea.

coming from a Chelsea fan. Biko worry about how long your overpriced lads will settle.
Re: Arsenal Signs Thomas Partey From Atletico Madrid by joshuaidibia(m): 1:23pm On Oct 06, 2020
Abusadiq01:
Good for them.. Dat doesn't bring the Premier League trophy to the Emirates!

Bad Belle

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lawyers Drop Neymar's Rape Accuser / Ahmed Musa Celebrates Son's 1st Birthday / "It's All Jealousy!": Zlatan Ibrahimovic Slams Paul Pogba’s Critics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.