Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,001 members, 7,866,789 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 04:47 AM

OFFICIAL: Arsenal Complete The Signing Of Thomas Partey - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / OFFICIAL: Arsenal Complete The Signing Of Thomas Partey (462 Views)

Arsenal Complete Gabriel Jesus Signing / Arsenal Complete £17.2m Signing Of Sambi Lokonga / Official: Arsenal Sign Pepe For £72 From Lille (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

OFFICIAL: Arsenal Complete The Signing Of Thomas Partey by obembet(f): 6:08am On Oct 06, 2020
OFFICIAL: Arsenal complete the signing of Thomas Partey

Atletico Madrid were left stunned by developments on Monday, despite the fact the Gunners had been linked with a switch for the Ghanaian midfielder since the beginning of the window.

The player's lawyers arrived at LaLiga headquarters on Monday afternoon to complete the formalities of the deal, although his representative was then required to be present which came later in the evening.

Diego Simeone has been left without one of his most dependable midfielders, and Los Colchoneros are believed to be frustrated by the lack of notice given by Arsenal that this was going to happen, especially after being in close contact with them in recent days to secure Lucas Torreira's loan.

Issues regarding a contract extension at the Estadio Wanda Metropolitano first alerted Arsenal to Partey's potential availability, although his current deal in Madrid was due to expire in June 2023.

Partey repeatedly rejected Los Colchoneros' proposals as he felt they didn't value him highly enough, although initially he had hoped to stay with the club who gave him his chance in Europe.

Interestingly, and a key part of this situation, is the fact that despite being one of the most used players by Simeone in terms of minutes on the pitch, he was at the very lower end of the club's payroll in terms of senior players.

Juventus and Arsenal had been interested all summer, but it seemed as though neither were willing to pay the full 50 million euros required to prise Partey out of the Spanish capital.

This attitude filtered through to the player as well, who had resigned himself to focusing on the 2020/21 season with the Spanish giants irrespective of his dispute with the hierarchy behind the scenes, however Arsenal's huge effort on deadline day made this deal a reality.

Source: https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/1313245492030181384?s=19

Cc Lalasticlala
Seun
MissyB3
Fynestboi
Dominique
mynd44

Re: OFFICIAL: Arsenal Complete The Signing Of Thomas Partey by Olarewaju89: 6:17am On Oct 06, 2020
Congratulations to all my Arsenal fans out there grin

Meanwhile, I'm seeing this for first time in my life.
Check the picture below grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OFFICIAL: Arsenal Complete The Signing Of Thomas Partey by daddytime(m): 6:24am On Oct 06, 2020
Olarewaju89:
Congratulations to all my Arsenal fans out there grin

Meanwhile, I'm seeing this for first time in my life.
Check the picture below grin

These matches reek of fixing but I'm aure they weren't.
Re: OFFICIAL: Arsenal Complete The Signing Of Thomas Partey by Temmylee01(m): 6:26am On Oct 06, 2020
kpele o seer, shebi assnal will soon be whipped and you guys will be shouting assnal lives matter
Re: OFFICIAL: Arsenal Complete The Signing Of Thomas Partey by vanida6: 6:29am On Oct 06, 2020
Dis is gud signing for arsenal" Now gunners will be strong again smiley

wellcome to Arsenal thomas partey
Re: OFFICIAL: Arsenal Complete The Signing Of Thomas Partey by Skmoda360(m): 6:30am On Oct 06, 2020
Good for them.....
Re: OFFICIAL: Arsenal Complete The Signing Of Thomas Partey by theoneJabulani(m): 6:33am On Oct 06, 2020
Good deal
Re: OFFICIAL: Arsenal Complete The Signing Of Thomas Partey by Freestainworld(m): 6:40am On Oct 06, 2020
good deal, don't fall out hands partey after partey
Re: OFFICIAL: Arsenal Complete The Signing Of Thomas Partey by ImmaculateJOE(m): 6:42am On Oct 06, 2020
Partey, After Partey, After Partey, After Partey...

It's a thing of pride to see an African player hitting the biggest headline on a transfer deadline day.. Some of us that watched Sky Sports news last night can relate..

African are now ruling the EPL.
Aubameyang, Partey, Pepe, Salah, Mane, Maharez. etc.. These are all top players in their respective clubs..

Also Aubameyang is only African player to be named the first team captain of a top European club in recent memory..
Re: OFFICIAL: Arsenal Complete The Signing Of Thomas Partey by Exonerate1(m): 6:42am On Oct 06, 2020
Good signing for Arsenal. I can't lie

Arsenal fans are Ghana Parteygrin
Re: OFFICIAL: Arsenal Complete The Signing Of Thomas Partey by Nbotee(m): 6:57am On Oct 06, 2020
Arsenal need to stop acting confused in the transfer market becos most times dey end up ruining things and spending more.. They had all the time in d world to get dis deal done or Aouar from Lyon. They spent over 50million to get d deal done on d last day and are going to b paying him 250k a week, almost 4 times what he earned at Athletico. And to make matters worse, Athletico will b taking Torreira for free and without an option of permanently signing him next season becos dey feel angry over Arsenal signing their player without informing dem atleast
Re: OFFICIAL: Arsenal Complete The Signing Of Thomas Partey by Mynd44: 7:09am On Oct 06, 2020

(1)

Fiwagboye Of Lagos, Rio Ferdinand Points Out 'worrying Part' Of Nigeria Crisis / News About The Match Between Man City And Everton / Paul Scholes Tears Into Dean Henderson After Man Utd Draw With AC Milan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.