Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

"Consider Farming As Alternative Profession, It's Very Lucrative"- FG Tells ASUU - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / "Consider Farming As Alternative Profession, It's Very Lucrative"- FG Tells ASUU (3091 Views)

Strike: Enough Is Enough - Buhari Tells ASUU / Pay Your Third Term School Fees, FG Tells Students / IPPIS: FG Tells ASUU No Agency Must Oppose Payment System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Consider Farming As Alternative Profession, It's Very Lucrative"- FG Tells ASUU by Man102: 8:42am On Oct 06, 2020
"Consider Farming As Alternative Profession" - FG Tells ASUU

The Federal Government has urged members of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), to leave the teaching profession and consider going into farming, stressing that more farmers are needed in the country.

The Minister of State for Education, Mr. Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba, who made this known also that said that when schools reopen, some of the modalities that have been put in place to stop the spread of COVID-19 will include afternoon classes in order to prevent overcrowding.

Nwajuiba who was a guest on ARISE NEWS Channel monitored by IGBERE TV in Abuja yesterday, reiterated that all schools must enforce the COVID-19 protocols.

He said: “Some people may not believe what we are doing but we must continue to enforce that. You must continue to abide by the protocol. You must provide them. We don’t really care about how much inconvenience or how convenient you think it is for your child to wear facemask. Obey the rules first. If we find out you’re not following those rules, we will have to deal with somebody.”

On the protracted strike by the ASUU, the minister who recalled that the union did not embark on the strike on the basis of the pandemic, said the university lecturers might consider farming, insisting that more farmers are needed in the nation.

He said the federal government has shown commitment to their demands.

Acknowledging that the union has the right to express itself and make demands, the minister noted that up till July 2020, all academic staff had been paid salaries.

“ASUU is within its rights as a union of lecturers. We didn’t start a strike with ASUU on the basis of COVID-19. ASUU was already on strike way before COVID-19. Just before COVID-19 will shut down schools, they gave an indefinite strike. We are not in any contention with them.

“Government is actually not holding anyone to ransom. It says this is how I want to pay and it has to be through IPPIS. You can leave the employment. You can opt out of it and say ‘I no longer want to teach’. You can find other professions. What we need now are probably more farmers.

“You cannot keep forcing your employer and tell him, ‘I will like you to pay me my money through my pillow. Or, I will like you to pay it through this mailbox’. ASUU has a lot of complaints and dissipation around it. That is legitimate but doesn’t mean you should force yourself on the man who has the money.”

Source : https://igberetvnews.com/1367311/consider-farming-alternative-profession-fg-tells-ASUU/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Consider Farming As Alternative Profession, It's Very Lucrative"- FG Tells ASUU by omowolewa: 8:44am On Oct 06, 2020
Laugh

(Call session)
Student : Hello Prof. Nguno.

Prof. : I have told you not to call me after 1pm, I dey farm today is my egg supplies day.

Student : Sir, our exam starts next week, we only had 2 lectures with you this semester.

Prof. : Chai rude boy! Two lecture no do you, or you fit pay my earnings here in my farm. No be for you to pass?

Please, am busy. (end of call)

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Consider Farming As Alternative Profession, It's Very Lucrative"- FG Tells ASUU by Brandstudio01: 8:44am On Oct 06, 2020
I've heard that before. Next Headline please
Re: "Consider Farming As Alternative Profession, It's Very Lucrative"- FG Tells ASUU by Simplyleo: 8:46am On Oct 06, 2020
Really?

Buhari, this is certainly not the change we voted for.

We know ASUU's demand might be unreasonable. But there is need to apply diplomacy in addressing issues as important as education.
Re: "Consider Farming As Alternative Profession, It's Very Lucrative"- FG Tells ASUU by donbachi(m): 8:48am On Oct 06, 2020
School to land.
Re: "Consider Farming As Alternative Profession, It's Very Lucrative"- FG Tells ASUU by Iyoocartel(f): 8:48am On Oct 06, 2020
Iyooooooo cartel

This country na pure cruise grin
Or they should rather be employed into fsars to replace the bad eggs in Sarz cheesy

We have never had it this worse in Nigeria, you all voted for a complete slowpoke to rule the most populous black nation in the world.
Big shame on buhari!

2 Likes

Re: "Consider Farming As Alternative Profession, It's Very Lucrative"- FG Tells ASUU by joelbooks: 8:49am On Oct 06, 2020
ASUU over to you
Re: "Consider Farming As Alternative Profession, It's Very Lucrative"- FG Tells ASUU by Anazp: 8:50am On Oct 06, 2020
Re: "Consider Farming As Alternative Profession, It's Very Lucrative"- FG Tells ASUU by ReorxTohGan(m): 8:50am On Oct 06, 2020
e done be grin
Re: "Consider Farming As Alternative Profession, It's Very Lucrative"- FG Tells ASUU by flyingpig: 8:52am On Oct 06, 2020
That was a hard threat to ASUU.

They should understand the body language that FG is not intending to leave them out of IPPIS

Re: "Consider Farming As Alternative Profession, It's Very Lucrative"- FG Tells ASUU by flyingpig: 8:53am On Oct 06, 2020
Iyoocartel:
Iyooooooo cartel

This country na pure cruise grin
Or they should rather be employed into fsars to replace the bad eggs in Sarz cheesy

We have never had it this worse in Nigeria, you all voted for a complete slowpoke to rule the most populous black nation in the world.
Big shame on buhari!
you don become female now grin
Troll grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Consider Farming As Alternative Profession, It's Very Lucrative"- FG Tells ASUU by CertyAgroAllied: 8:57am On Oct 06, 2020
They can consult CertyAgroAllied if need be, we're always there for everyone

Re: "Consider Farming As Alternative Profession, It's Very Lucrative"- FG Tells ASUU by deboysben(m): 9:00am On Oct 06, 2020
There is no end at sight to this strike.

600years of suffering to both ASUU and FG.
Re: "Consider Farming As Alternative Profession, It's Very Lucrative"- FG Tells ASUU by Nobody: 9:02am On Oct 06, 2020
Simplyleo:
Really?

Buhari, this is certainly not the change we voted for.

We know ASUU's demand might be unreasonable. But there is need to apply diplomacy in addressing issues as important as education.

There's nothing unreasonable about ASUU demands. We indeed have no value for education.

3 Likes

Re: "Consider Farming As Alternative Profession, It's Very Lucrative"- FG Tells ASUU by Olatunji1929: 9:02am On Oct 06, 2020
load of bullshit from a dishonorable minister,it seems like nobody is sane in this buhari government
Re: "Consider Farming As Alternative Profession, It's Very Lucrative"- FG Tells ASUU by Hazlett1988: 9:05am On Oct 06, 2020
I'm sure you guys are learning your lesson now,next time you will think very well before you vote or sell your vote out for your own selfish interest, you all had a good leader before,GEJ was one of the best president Nigeria ever had but you threw him away like a piece of trash for an uneducated,old,selfish,greedy,tribalistic,unfocus man to be your president, you guys are yet to see anything yet,the worst part is I heard they are preparing another old man like Tunubu to be your president,Before that will happen by the grace of God I will be out of this country.like a wise man once said,The President is not the problem of the country,we are because you all elected him to be your president. PEACE OUT

1 Like

Re: "Consider Farming As Alternative Profession, It's Very Lucrative"- FG Tells ASUU by Madibah(m): 9:09am On Oct 06, 2020
Let me laugh in Kuala Lumpur grin grin
Re: "Consider Farming As Alternative Profession, It's Very Lucrative"- FG Tells ASUU by ifytrik(m): 9:12am On Oct 06, 2020
Re: "Consider Farming As Alternative Profession, It's Very Lucrative"- FG Tells ASUU by ezugegere(m): 9:18am On Oct 06, 2020
All these APC guys are surely on some hard drugs
Re: "Consider Farming As Alternative Profession, It's Very Lucrative"- FG Tells ASUU by BlackfireX: 9:25am On Oct 06, 2020
grin

Imagine...

Why didn't you tell us that before we voted and revoted for you.
Re: "Consider Farming As Alternative Profession, It's Very Lucrative"- FG Tells ASUU by Elvictor: 9:27am On Oct 06, 2020
if this country eventually disintegrate which our Southern leaders think it will never, those who represented Southern Nigeria from 1999 till date will all be stoned to death.

look at what someone who is educated is saying, am beginning to see all Buhari cabinets as puppets or tools for destruction of Nigeria.

ASUU should be farmers association, hope you are educated enough to lecture Mr. Minister?

1 Like

Re: "Consider Farming As Alternative Profession, It's Very Lucrative"- FG Tells ASUU by clockwisereport: 9:33am On Oct 06, 2020
I will like to see my lecture practice Nyquist Contour in his pig farm
Re: "Consider Farming As Alternative Profession, It's Very Lucrative"- FG Tells ASUU by SpecTTraP: 9:35am On Oct 06, 2020
embarassed
Re: "Consider Farming As Alternative Profession, It's Very Lucrative"- FG Tells ASUU by Tony142: 9:45am On Oct 06, 2020
I like this news, Infact, FG should resign all those old men that claim to be ASUU, #rubbish
Re: "Consider Farming As Alternative Profession, It's Very Lucrative"- FG Tells ASUU by Iceyjayz: 9:54am On Oct 06, 2020
cheesycheesycheesy
Re: "Consider Farming As Alternative Profession, It's Very Lucrative"- FG Tells ASUU by lexy2478(m): 10:10am On Oct 06, 2020
na like when the former minister of health said doctors should go into tailoring...this country sha lol
Re: "Consider Farming As Alternative Profession, It's Very Lucrative"- FG Tells ASUU by luscioustrish(f): 10:11am On Oct 06, 2020
Which comedy pass this one again? cheesy cheesy
Re: "Consider Farming As Alternative Profession, It's Very Lucrative"- FG Tells ASUU by Edeyoung: 10:11am On Oct 06, 2020
I refused to believe this, if it is not vanguard or daily times, i wont believe

You know what check my siggy
Re: "Consider Farming As Alternative Profession, It's Very Lucrative"- FG Tells ASUU by addictiv(m): 10:13am On Oct 06, 2020
Funny government.. So why spend all the years in academic development when they could have just become farmers
Re: "Consider Farming As Alternative Profession, It's Very Lucrative"- FG Tells ASUU by Vyzz: 10:16am On Oct 06, 2020
Shebi if they been tell Me since I for Don go find handwork
Re: "Consider Farming As Alternative Profession, It's Very Lucrative"- FG Tells ASUU by Draydd: 10:24am On Oct 06, 2020
WIKE WIKE WIKE
has successfully carried his state University out of this shameless union lol, WIKE you be man.

1 Like

Re: "Consider Farming As Alternative Profession, It's Very Lucrative"- FG Tells ASUU by TheKingOfCrumb: 10:59am On Oct 06, 2020
before you condem FG know that the lecturers once supported government statement that graduates should go back to the farm.

if the FG told the lecturers to go back to the farm, there is no reason for them to complain

Iyoocartel:
Iyooooooo cartel
Big shame on buhari!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Seminar Topic / Aduvie Montessori International School, Abuja. / Check Your Waec Result For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.