Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Nigeria Coming 5th In Africa Countries With Highest Average IQ - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigeria Coming 5th In Africa Countries With Highest Average IQ (1965 Views)

Sokoto Girl Leads With Highest Score As FG Releases NCEE Results / Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States / JAMB 2018: Top 10 States With Highest Number Of Registered UTME Candidates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Coming 5th In Africa Countries With Highest Average IQ by vkeeshez(m): 11:47am On Oct 06, 2020
The Igbos still remains the smartness Race in Africa
With an average I Q, 84

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Coming 5th In Africa Countries With Highest Average IQ by Preshy01(f): 12:01pm On Oct 06, 2020
cool
Re: Nigeria Coming 5th In Africa Countries With Highest Average IQ by Simvan: 12:12pm On Oct 06, 2020
You sure?
Re: Nigeria Coming 5th In Africa Countries With Highest Average IQ by sinkhole: 12:39pm On Oct 06, 2020
E bi like say the highest IQs are the poorest for Africa embarassed
According to what OP put up there, Sierra Leone has highest IQ and they seem to be stinkingly poor and "stupid" angry
Re: Nigeria Coming 5th In Africa Countries With Highest Average IQ by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:53pm On Oct 06, 2020
Average IQ in Nigeria isnt more than 60.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Coming 5th In Africa Countries With Highest Average IQ by Hintona(f): 3:28pm On Oct 06, 2020
At least South Africa's own is not higher than our own

but some people own on nairaland is in negatives.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Coming 5th In Africa Countries With Highest Average IQ by profmathsland(m): 3:39pm On Oct 06, 2020
Sierra Leone on top? Wow. Reminds me of a Sierra leonean lady I met. Very brilliant. But how exactly did they arrive at this conclusion, I wonder? Using the fact that a nation has a Nobel laureate may not exactly give us a true picture of things.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Coming 5th In Africa Countries With Highest Average IQ by Vyzz: 4:35pm On Oct 06, 2020
Since South Africa is no where to be found then no problem

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Coming 5th In Africa Countries With Highest Average IQ by Theicecode(m): 4:58pm On Oct 06, 2020
Hintona:
At least South Africa's own is not higher than our own

but some people own on nairaland is in negatives.
Just like you, lowest IQ girl.
Re: Nigeria Coming 5th In Africa Countries With Highest Average IQ by efembaba(m): 6:05pm On Oct 06, 2020
Imagine the highest average IQ they say Africans have is two figures and you all are still competing over two digit IQ
Re: Nigeria Coming 5th In Africa Countries With Highest Average IQ by Nobody: 6:52pm On Oct 06, 2020
vkeeshez:
The Igbos still remains the smartness Race in Africa
With an average I Q, 84
Smartness race indeed but why is your own Igbo not smart?
Re: Nigeria Coming 5th In Africa Countries With Highest Average IQ by Holyprophet121(m): 7:16pm On Oct 06, 2020
Na so
Re: Nigeria Coming 5th In Africa Countries With Highest Average IQ by osamz007: 8:24pm On Oct 06, 2020
HIGH IQ HIGH POVERTY LEVEL
Re: Nigeria Coming 5th In Africa Countries With Highest Average IQ by WoundedLamb: 1:53am On Oct 07, 2020
sinkhole:
E bi like say the highest IQs are the poorest for Africa embarassed
According to what OP put up there, Sierra Leone has highest IQ and they seem to be stinkingly poor and "stupid" angry

Seychelles is Africa's most developed country (HCDI). Mauritius, Morocco, Algeria Egypt and Tunisia are also in the first 10. So generally speaking, it's more like those with high IQ are the more developed ones.
Re: Nigeria Coming 5th In Africa Countries With Highest Average IQ by Nobody: 1:59am On Oct 07, 2020
WoundedLamb:

Seychelles is Africa's most developed country (HCDI). Mauritius, Morocco, Algeria Egypt and Tunisia are also in the first 10. So generally speaking, it's more like those with high IQ are the more developed ones.
And our beloved Giant of Africa is where?
Re: Nigeria Coming 5th In Africa Countries With Highest Average IQ by WoundedLamb: 2:10am On Oct 07, 2020
NNU0000:
And our beloved Giant of Africa is where?

Somewhere down there...

Human Capital Development Index (HCDI) groups African countries into three: the high, the medium and the low. Not only is Nigeria not in the first 10, it is not even in the medium list. It's in the low list. However, HCDI is just one of the tools for measuring development (in terms of the skills and productivity of the populace) and Nigerian ranks low cause of the very high population of which the majority aren't highly skilled. Nigeria still has the highest GDP though GDP (even per capita) is heavily flawed as a tool for measuring economic development.
Re: Nigeria Coming 5th In Africa Countries With Highest Average IQ by ODJ124(m): 7:38am On Oct 07, 2020
Naija supposed to be first ni.....

Thread seen...
Re: Nigeria Coming 5th In Africa Countries With Highest Average IQ by sinkhole: 8:05am On Oct 07, 2020
WoundedLamb:

I don't agree with your argument!
Seychelles have population = 98513
Sierra Leone population = 8million
Mauritius population = 1.3million
Eritrea population = 3.5million

According to that data, Morocco and Nigeria have the same IQ average while Egypt, Algeria and Tunisia are below Nigeria in IQ average.

Again, if you look at the report from another angle, the site that reported this IQ average did not actually go to the street to collect the data. They require the citizens of each country to log on their site and take the IQ test (I personally took the test too and I got a comment that I performed better in pattern matching, where I scored more that 94% of the people tested. But for my comprehensive report I need to pay $19.99! That was the end of the whole show for me cheesy ).
What I am saying is, nobody tested ordinary people on the street but the well to do, who could afford internet access were tested.
Re: Nigeria Coming 5th In Africa Countries With Highest Average IQ by femi4: 8:21am On Oct 07, 2020
High IQ that's negatively channel into corrupt practices
Re: Nigeria Coming 5th In Africa Countries With Highest Average IQ by WoundedLamb: 1:22pm On Oct 07, 2020
sinkhole:
I don't agree with your argument!
Seychelles have population = 98513
Sierra Leone population = 8million
Mauritius population = 1.3million
Eritrea population = 3.5million

According to that data, Morocco and Nigeria have the same IQ average while Egypt, Algeria and Tunisia are below Nigeria in IQ average.

Again, if you look at the report from another angle, the site that reported this IQ average did not actually go to the street to collect the data. They require the citizens of each country to log on their site and take the IQ test (I personally took the test too and I got a comment that I performed better in pattern matching, where I scored more that 94% of the people tested. But for my comprehensive report I need to pay $19.99! That was the end of the whole show for me cheesy ).
What I am saying is, nobody tested ordinary people on the street but the well to do, who could afford internet access were tested.

I think you misunderstood me. My argument wasn't really about the authenticity of the report or it's reliability. I was only saying that the inference you made in your post I quoted was wrong. You deducted that those with the highest IQ seem to be the poorest and I'm saying that based on the report (regardless of how reliable it is), the reverse is actually the case cause most countries in the list are Africa's richest.

(1) (Reply)

Unilag Diploma 11 Result For 2010/2011 Is Out. / Esut Admission (second List) / Can Waec And Neco Be Combined For Admission?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.