Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,857 members, 7,810,285 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

BREAKING: Heavy Protest In Benin Over SARS Harassment (photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Heavy Protest In Benin Over SARS Harassment (photos) (3802 Views)

Protest In Benin Over Demolition Of Houses By Governor Obaseki (Photos) / Osinbajo Meets With IGP Adamu, DSS Boss, Bichi Over SARS / #EndSARS: Segun "Segalink" Awosanya Mocks Ambode Over SARS Killing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Heavy Protest In Benin Over SARS Harassment (photos) by 9jaBlogger: 4:53pm On Oct 06, 2020
Heavy protest against the continuous and unending harassment of unarmed citizens by men of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) unit of the Nigeria Police Force, has hit Benin City metropolis, the Edo State capital.

Igbere TV reports that the protest on Tuesday, came a day after the Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, placed a ban on the FSARS and other Tactical Squads operating across the country, from carrying out routine patrols and other conventional low-risk duties.

Our correspondent reports that the peaceful protest grounded commercial activities around Benin-Sapele road, Upper Sokponba road, Saint Saviour area to First East and Second East Circular and Airport roads in Benin City.

Commercial activities in some parts of Benin Metropolis including the king Square(front of Oba Palace), were equally grounded during the protests by youths who chanted anti-SARS songs.

The youths called on police authorities to go beyond the rhetoric of banning SARS and other affiliate units of the Force by ending pervasive human right abuse, extra-judicial killings, harassment and intimidation of unarmed civilians under the guise of looking for internet fraudsters in the State.

Some police operatives who accompanied the protesters, prevented hoodlums from hijacking the rally and descending into chaos or violent clashes with other road users.

The protesters called on relevant authorities to prevail on corrupt security personnel to respect the privacy of Nigerians.

The protesters brandished placards bearing various inscriptions such as, “My house is my privacy”, “Save us from the onslaught of SARS. Nigeria is my Country” among others.

The protesters who finally converged at the front of the palace of the Oba of Benin, were later addressed by the Deputy Governor of Edo State, Rt. Hon. Philip Shaibu, who vowed to see that the Obaseki led government see an end to harassment of youths in the state by security officers.

https://igberetvnews.com/1367414/breaking-heavy-protest-benin-sars-harassment-photos/

Lalasticlala Seun Mynd44

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Heavy Protest In Benin Over SARS Harassment (photos) by Anazp: 4:54pm On Oct 06, 2020
Re: BREAKING: Heavy Protest In Benin Over SARS Harassment (photos) by Fash20: 4:54pm On Oct 06, 2020
EndSARS now

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Heavy Protest In Benin Over SARS Harassment (photos) by DuBLINGreenb(m): 4:55pm On Oct 06, 2020
More grease to your elbow guys

No mind those liver less, balls less youths in Lagos

11 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Heavy Protest In Benin Over SARS Harassment (photos) by Nbotee(m): 4:56pm On Oct 06, 2020
E don dey set
Re: BREAKING: Heavy Protest In Benin Over SARS Harassment (photos) by Nobody: 4:58pm On Oct 06, 2020
Edo no be lagos. See my men!!!!

Day never reach the uncouth igbow smoker Don already back out with the same cowardice that is prominent with his kind.

Shebi na protest no be fight. Pure ass licking na him that boy do. This is why I don't do business with them.. Never do deal with men from the west. Never. They will sell you out.

I no call tribe o before they bring their smelly mouth come pollute the thread

Proudly Edo bred

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Heavy Protest In Benin Over SARS Harassment (photos) by Davash222(m): 5:04pm On Oct 06, 2020
Truly, Edo no be Lagos.

Shaibu is the most valuable and sensible Deputy Governor Nigeria has ever produced.

God bless Edo
God bless Obaseki
God bless Shaibu

Shame on Naira Marley
Shame on Ambode!

6 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Heavy Protest In Benin Over SARS Harassment (photos) by Joshmodest(m): 5:08pm On Oct 06, 2020
DuBLINGreenb:
More grease to your elbow guys

No mind those liver less, balls less youths in Lagos
Mr balls the baller ,Show me a picture of you protesting from anywhere you live ...
Its funny how guys who have never even protested at private secondary schools once would be shading people for not speaking up every time ....
Protest in Nigeria is not as easy as other countries , the scapegoats sowore used October 1st are currently in prison , who would pay the 100k bail for them you
if you don't have money in your account, and you are not yet tired of life, please stay away from these protests...
Manage the sh*thole till you can get your visa to another country ....
My 2 cents

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Heavy Protest In Benin Over SARS Harassment (photos) by Kingnutts(m): 5:09pm On Oct 06, 2020
Oyaaaa Benin people

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Heavy Protest In Benin Over SARS Harassment (photos) by Andrenalin: 5:10pm On Oct 06, 2020
Sweet

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Heavy Protest In Benin Over SARS Harassment (photos) by Yenefer(f): 5:14pm On Oct 06, 2020
I wonder when Africans will wake up and fight back

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Heavy Protest In Benin Over SARS Harassment (photos) by Ikeast(m): 5:24pm On Oct 06, 2020
Sarz are criminals in uniform.

#ENDSARSNOW........

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Heavy Protest In Benin Over SARS Harassment (photos) by patiencebest: 5:25pm On Oct 06, 2020
Nigerians are awake
Re: BREAKING: Heavy Protest In Benin Over SARS Harassment (photos) by slivertongue: 5:28pm On Oct 06, 2020
if SARS can't be reformed then it should be scrapped as they are now a burden. they are mainly extortionists, murderers and thieves

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Heavy Protest In Benin Over SARS Harassment (photos) by orisa37: 5:37pm On Oct 06, 2020
Trash Country NIGERIA where Human Right is blatantly undermined. God punish all criminal SARS.
Re: BREAKING: Heavy Protest In Benin Over SARS Harassment (photos) by orisa37: 5:43pm On Oct 06, 2020
NIGERIA is a Trash Country.
Re: BREAKING: Heavy Protest In Benin Over SARS Harassment (photos) by naija4life247: 5:43pm On Oct 06, 2020
MejiLoyon:
Edo no be lagos. See my men!!!!

Day never reach the uncouth igbow smoker Don already back out with the same cowardice that is prominent with his kind.

Shebi na protest no be fight. Pure ass licking na him that boy do. This is why I don't do business with them.. Never do deal with men from the west. Never. They will sell you out.

I no call tribe o before they bring their smelly mouth come pollute the thread

Proudly Edo bred

Edo human trafficker, well done. I hope your sisters are back from Italy. How can Edo be Lagos? Lagosians do not traffick their sisters to Italy for prostitution neither do Lagosians engage in Cult wars in Italy, Spain or Germany like Edo people do.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Heavy Protest In Benin Over SARS Harassment (photos) by Nobody: 6:31pm On Oct 06, 2020
naija4life247:

Edo human trafficker, well done. I hope your sisters are back from Italy. How can Edo be Lagos? Lagosians do not traffick their sisters to Italy for prostitution neither do Lagosians engage in Cult wars in Italy, Spain or Germany like Edo people do.
Better go cook your ewedu. Send your aza make I send you small money so you go buy small pomo join. Ozuo

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Heavy Protest In Benin Over SARS Harassment (photos) by merieam16(f): 6:38pm On Oct 06, 2020
One voice...the change starts nw
Re: BREAKING: Heavy Protest In Benin Over SARS Harassment (photos) by EngrHumble(m): 6:43pm On Oct 06, 2020
If not for this Harassment of a thing, SARS be still they try reduce crimes sha. Anyway FG should Reform or Overhaul them
Re: BREAKING: Heavy Protest In Benin Over SARS Harassment (photos) by seanwilliam(m): 6:50pm On Oct 06, 2020
Joshmodest:

Mr balls the baller ,Show me a picture of you protesting from anywhere you live ...
Its funny how guys who have never even protested at private secondary schools once would be shading people for not speaking up every time ....
Protest in Nigeria is not as easy as other countries , the scapegoats sowore used October 1st are currently in prison , who would pay the 100k bail for them you
if you don't have money in your account, and you are not yet tired of life, please stay away from these protests...
Manage the sh*thole till you can get your visa to another country ....
My 2 cents
hmmmmmm

So na so we go dey manage am??

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Heavy Protest In Benin Over SARS Harassment (photos) by DozieMartin: 6:56pm On Oct 06, 2020
I once witness how SARS act in Benin City, I almost faint when I saw gun men coming down on moving bus just because they saw 2 young men inside Benz. Fear strike me that day like say Atlantic Ocean overflow it beach with her speed.
Re: BREAKING: Heavy Protest In Benin Over SARS Harassment (photos) by harrystories(m): 6:57pm On Oct 06, 2020
Davash222:
Truly, Edo no be Lagos.

Shaibu is the most valuable and sensible Deputy Governor Nigeria has ever produced.

God bless Edo
God bless Obaseki
God bless Shaibu

Shame on Naira Marley
Shame on Ambode!
What's Naira Marley got to do with this? Was he the one that lead the protest in Benin? No. But his words of wisdom motivates the great Benin youths, which lead to the protest. So, what part have you played? Oh.. you're wanting for Naira Marley. Ok.
Re: BREAKING: Heavy Protest In Benin Over SARS Harassment (photos) by Lipscomb(m): 6:59pm On Oct 06, 2020
SAR its shall never well with you guys
Re: BREAKING: Heavy Protest In Benin Over SARS Harassment (photos) by Davash222(m): 7:14pm On Oct 06, 2020
MejiLoyon:
Better go cook your ewedu. Send your aza make I send you small money so you go buy small pomo join. Ozuo
Please add Gbegiri money for him too.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Heavy Protest In Benin Over SARS Harassment (photos) by Dayoebe(m): 7:23pm On Oct 06, 2020
Las las

Nothing will be done.
We will move on and get use to it
Re: BREAKING: Heavy Protest In Benin Over SARS Harassment (photos) by KankOfLife(m): 7:29pm On Oct 06, 2020
Edo nor be Eko...see as e be,
Re: BREAKING: Heavy Protest In Benin Over SARS Harassment (photos) by osamz007: 8:13pm On Oct 06, 2020
SLAWORMIR HOPE YOU DEY THERE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Heavy Protest In Benin Over SARS Harassment (photos) by adeyemi67494: 8:38pm On Oct 06, 2020
E don dey set
Re: BREAKING: Heavy Protest In Benin Over SARS Harassment (photos) by lomprico(m): 8:47pm On Oct 06, 2020
Edo no be lagos!
Re: BREAKING: Heavy Protest In Benin Over SARS Harassment (photos) by universe26(m): 9:22am On Oct 07, 2020
Abeg who sabi when Rivers state go do their own protest? sars dey comb and "circumsize" boys there often o!

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Most Dangerous States In Nigeria / Buhari Narrows Successor To Lawan, Amaechi - TheWILL / Article Written By Usman Umar From Sokoto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.