Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,678 members, 7,854,852 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 08:47 AM

Favour Ikechukwu: Lagos Police Commissioner Visits Family Of Girl Raped To Death - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Favour Ikechukwu: Lagos Police Commissioner Visits Family Of Girl Raped To Death (30046 Views)

Ogun Commissioner Visits Woman Found With Dead Child, Promises To Support Them / Lady Raped To Death In Front Of A Church In Benue (Disturbing Photos) / Ochanya Ogbanje: Benue Street Named After Girl Raped To Death By Uncle & Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Favour Ikechukwu: Lagos Police Commissioner Visits Family Of Girl Raped To Death by Grandmeister(m): 8:48am On Oct 07, 2020
joyandfaith:

false rape allegation is very rare. the problem is that most men do not know what constitute rape
Still didn’t answer my question! Ronaldo and neymar recently was accused of rape...neymar’s saving grace was that there was a cctv installed in the room, the court of public opinion already pronounced him guilty because of his bad boy persona..two months ago on nairaland a man was released in America after spending 20 years in jail for false rape accusation. Don’t tell me it is rare.
Re: Favour Ikechukwu: Lagos Police Commissioner Visits Family Of Girl Raped To Death by jaxxy(m): 8:49am On Oct 07, 2020
The truth is punishment for such crimes shud be public and swift to deter others and reset senses. After catching the people for these hideous crimes we hear nothing from it afterwards which is very bad and doesn’t help society.
Re: Favour Ikechukwu: Lagos Police Commissioner Visits Family Of Girl Raped To Death by Queenserah26(f): 8:59am On Oct 07, 2020
May the soul of the departed rest in peace. This is so sad cry
Re: Favour Ikechukwu: Lagos Police Commissioner Visits Family Of Girl Raped To Death by biotechshola(m): 9:00am On Oct 07, 2020
Rape is a crime, rapist are criminals, parents should try as much as possible not to expose their kids to these evils...
Re: Favour Ikechukwu: Lagos Police Commissioner Visits Family Of Girl Raped To Death by biotechshola(m): 9:04am On Oct 07, 2020
Ifesinachi22:
Myths about sexual violence, which are often based on victim-blaming attitudes, are prevalent in our society. As a survivor or the loved one of a survivor, you may hear these myths from those around you. It’s important to understand that rape is never OK and it is never the fault of the survivor.

Myth 1: “It happened because you drank too much.”
Reality: No one deserves to be raped or abused. Intoxication is not an excuse for sexual assault. Drinking is not an invitation for sexual activity.

Myth 2: “Your clothes were too revealing.”
Reality: Similar to drinking, a person’s outfit is not indicative of desire for sexual activity. Clothing, or lack thereof, is not consent.

Myth 3: “You were leading them on.”
Reality: Whether or not you were romantically or sexually interested in a person, you do not owe the person anything. Flirting or perceptions of flirting are not indicative of an interest in engaging in sexual activity. In addition, consent can be retracted at any time.

Myth 4: “You should have fought back.”
Reality: Trauma triggers physical reactions that are not always controllable. Many sexual assault survivors experience tonic immobility, which is when the brain’s defense mechanism is to tell the body to freeze. It is not always possible to “fight back,” especially in situations when the assailant is bigger, stronger, or holds power (physical or mental).

Myth 5: “It’s not a big deal.”
Reality: You are the expert on your experience. No one gets to define the severity of your trauma but you. 

Myth 6: “You didn’t say no, so how were they supposed to know?”
Reality: Consent is not not saying no. Consent is an enthusiastic affirmation of sexual activity. You do not need to say no for it to be considered rape or sexual abuse.

Myth 7: “If you’re dating or married to them, it’s not considered rape.”
Reality: Many survivors of rape and sexual abuse were hurt by someone the they know, trust, or love. You do not owe your partner anything just because of your relationship status or previous consentual sexual experiences.

Myth 8: “If you experienced orgasm, it wasn’t rape.”
Reality: The body has physical reactions that are not always controllable. Natural lubrication, erection, ejaculation, or orgasms do not mean you enjoyed or consented to what happened. Someone can tickle you and you can hate it but still laugh.

Myth 9: “You can’t just decide not to have sex after they’re already turned on.”
Reality: Consent can be given or taken away at any time. Just because they’re turned on does not mean you owe them anything.

Myth 10: “It was your fault.”
Reality: Sexual violence is never the survivor’s fault. The only person to blame is the perpetrator.

It's actually because of people like you that we have upsurge of rape in our society..
Re: Favour Ikechukwu: Lagos Police Commissioner Visits Family Of Girl Raped To Death by joyandfaith: 9:05am On Oct 07, 2020
Grandmeister:

Still didn’t answer my question! Ronaldo and neymar recently was accused of rape...neymar’s saving grace was that there was a cctv installed in the room, the court of public opinion already pronounced him guilty because of his bad boy persona..two months ago on nairaland a man was released in America after spending 20 years in jail for false rape accusation. Don’t tell me it is rare.

do you many criminal cases even murders are being secretly settled out of court especially if prominent persons are involved. speak to some arbitrators you will be shocked. that rape could not be proved due to lack of evidence does not mean it has never happened
Re: Favour Ikechukwu: Lagos Police Commissioner Visits Family Of Girl Raped To Death by joyandfaith: 9:06am On Oct 07, 2020
biotechshola:

It's actually because of people like you that we have upsurge of rape in our society..

how do you mean?
Re: Favour Ikechukwu: Lagos Police Commissioner Visits Family Of Girl Raped To Death by Respect55(m): 9:09am On Oct 07, 2020
This is so disheartening.
Re: Favour Ikechukwu: Lagos Police Commissioner Visits Family Of Girl Raped To Death by Nobody: 9:21am On Oct 07, 2020
Many people do not understand the level of depravity in the minds of Nigerian youth, especially the males.

If you are suffering, don't pour the venom of your sufferings at other equally suffering innocent citizens.

1 Like

Re: Favour Ikechukwu: Lagos Police Commissioner Visits Family Of Girl Raped To Death by biotechshola(m): 9:29am On Oct 07, 2020
joyandfaith:

how do you mean?

Because his "myths" does not solve any problem.

It's like leaving your doors open to robbers and thereafter claiming it's your right to do so...No one would argue with you but in the end who suffers the consequences??

The truth is, whether we like it or not, there are rapists out there always looking out for the vulnerables to fall their pray.. Hence a lady should try not to expose herself to these evil predators waiting to devour them because in the end, they are the ones who suffers the consequences..

Parents should also do more in terms of protecting their young girls by not exposing them to the dangers out there..

There are exceptional cases though, but I believe a preventive approach will be more effective in tackling rape issues..
Re: Favour Ikechukwu: Lagos Police Commissioner Visits Family Of Girl Raped To Death by harmony75: 9:32am On Oct 07, 2020
good move by the police, the evil animals that raped and killed this innocent 11years old should be killed also.. God strengthen the family. may her soul rest in peace.
Re: Favour Ikechukwu: Lagos Police Commissioner Visits Family Of Girl Raped To Death by shoprite: 10:34am On Oct 07, 2020
2cribz:
I would kill myself if i'm the father. Why do this to a poor innocent girl who is still a kid and is very innocent. Why. Why. Its sickening and tears rolled down my eyes. 11 year old raped to death. God why

Hmmm . . .my brother, I just wish I can have a minute with the culprits . . .I promise it will be the longest "one minute" of their entire lives !
Re: Favour Ikechukwu: Lagos Police Commissioner Visits Family Of Girl Raped To Death by Princessogaraya(f): 10:44am On Oct 07, 2020
see as they kill this beautiful girl....rip
Re: Favour Ikechukwu: Lagos Police Commissioner Visits Family Of Girl Raped To Death by Amhappy(f): 11:14am On Oct 07, 2020
Our society should rise up against rape. Justice for Favour
Re: Favour Ikechukwu: Lagos Police Commissioner Visits Family Of Girl Raped To Death by PinkHealthGroup: 11:24am On Oct 07, 2020
LordIsaac:

Literature is replete with theories about the validity of some of the so called myths you mentioned above... One of which is the victim precipitation theory and Routine Activities Theory. Don't make them look absolute. There are factors that CONTRIBUTE to rape.

The only factor That contributes to rape is an entitled male brain and the need to overpower a woman/child/boy/girl for rape. Rape isn't consensual. Anyone looking for factors other than the MF perpetrator is a rapist or a rape apologist. I hope they die.
Re: Favour Ikechukwu: Lagos Police Commissioner Visits Family Of Girl Raped To Death by PinkHealthGroup: 11:30am On Oct 07, 2020
One4me:

Human Emotions` are not like the Light-Bulb Switch!

SEX is an AGREEMENT/CONTRACT
between Two adults
How can you agree/contract to have sex with another party, start the process and then midway, just because you want to use leverage, you claim you withdraw Consent?
Is that how Contracts are broken? Does the other party not have a say, in the TERMINATION OF THE CONTRACT?[/b]
Just like the CONSENT was mutually AGREED, its termination also have to be mutually AGREED, no one party can unilaterally terminate a Contract, just to exercise leverage
Please, dont give Consent, when you know your intention is to withdraw it midway and use it for leverage otherwise you will blame yourself.
undecided undecided

*** Why are you apologising on behlaf of ALL MEN?
Is it ALL MEN that Raped her or are ALL MEN Rapist? ***

Sex isnt a contract you fucking slowpoke. Contracts are legal documents that can executed or annulled in thd court of law. A woman can say no at anytime so can a man. Sex isn't by force. Some of yall were raised by animals. Look at the unevolved mind of this clown spewing nonsense. Men need to start holding other men responsible... the male sex holds titles in perpetrating rape. Foh
Re: Favour Ikechukwu: Lagos Police Commissioner Visits Family Of Girl Raped To Death by Bluffly: 11:40am On Oct 07, 2020
2cribz:
I would kill myself if i'm the father. Why do this to a poor innocent girl who is still a kid and is very innocent. Why. Why. Its sickening and tears rolled down my eyes. 11 year old raped to death. God why
Then you are not different from the rapist as both of you are on a st*pd lane. How does killing yourself remedy the situation.
Re: Favour Ikechukwu: Lagos Police Commissioner Visits Family Of Girl Raped To Death by clearsight: 11:49am On Oct 07, 2020
Sleekmilan01:
Nice one from the police

They should try to get the culprit

These criminals will surely be caught if they put an ear to the ground for underground gossip, and very soon too. It's very likely that they live, work/or are familiar faces in that neighbourhood.
Re: Favour Ikechukwu: Lagos Police Commissioner Visits Family Of Girl Raped To Death by Nobody: 11:53am On Oct 07, 2020
Thanks to social media, the outcry was too embarrassing for the police to hide.

They should compensate the family for lost revenue from bridal price the the girl would have brought to the family.
Re: Favour Ikechukwu: Lagos Police Commissioner Visits Family Of Girl Raped To Death by LordIsaac(m): 1:55pm On Oct 07, 2020
PinkHealthGroup:

The only factor That contributes to rape is an entitled male brain and the need to overpower a woman/child/boy/girl for rape. Rape isn't consensual. Anyone looking for factors other than the MF perpetrator is a rapist or a rape apologist. I hope they die.
Is that a layman analysis or based on research? As you should ask yourself why your father, husband or brother do not rape. But feel free to correct me if they are rapist.
Re: Favour Ikechukwu: Lagos Police Commissioner Visits Family Of Girl Raped To Death by Vulcan24(m): 2:25pm On Oct 07, 2020
I was at both commissioning and the condolences, the incident was a big blow to the community and very disturbing.

We pray for the bereaved family and enjoin the police to speed up the investigation

The DPO of Ejigbo, Mrs Olabisi we trust her to be proffesional and competent to deliver on this case
Re: Favour Ikechukwu: Lagos Police Commissioner Visits Family Of Girl Raped To Death by Drizzy5001(m): 4:40pm On Oct 07, 2020
I pray the culprits will be arrested, and killed immediately without, any delay angry
Re: Favour Ikechukwu: Lagos Police Commissioner Visits Family Of Girl Raped To Death by MNDY(m): 9:52pm On Oct 07, 2020
joyandfaith:

false rape allegation is very rare. I can conclude that you are a rapist

Hey! Get my point.
She may not accuse you of rape immediately, maybe after a long while after having a problem with you. Who told you false rape allegations are rare? After God fear women - they are MISCHIEVOUS AND ENJOY TROUBLE VERY WELL.

I say it again, because of a quarrel or issue, a woman can claim rape and say she did not give her consent even when she was wet and asked you to penetrate her and she was raising/moving her waist along moaning in enjoyment.

If you think I'm a rapist you are wrong because a rapist would not feel very bad about this little girl's case to write those last lines.
Re: Favour Ikechukwu: Lagos Police Commissioner Visits Family Of Girl Raped To Death by Alaenyieby(f): 9:55pm On Oct 07, 2020
Ifesinachi22:
Myths about sexual violence, which are often based on victim-blaming attitudes, are prevalent in our society. As a survivor or the loved one of a survivor, you may hear these myths from those around you. It’s important to understand that rape is never OK and it is never the fault of the survivor.

Reality: No one deserves to be raped or abused. Intoxication is not an excuse for sexual assault. Drinking is not an invitation for sexual activity.

Reality: Similar to drinking, a person’s outfit is not indicative of desire for sexual activity. Clothing, or lack thereof, is not consent.

Reality: Whether or not you were romantically or sexually interested in a person, you do not owe the person anything. Flirting or perceptions of flirting are not indicative of an interest in engaging in sexual activity. In addition, consent can be retracted at any time.

Reality: Trauma triggers physical reactions that are not always controllable. Many sexual assault survivors experience tonic immobility, which is when the brain’s defense mechanism is to tell the body to freeze. It is not always possible to “fight back,” especially in situations when the assailant is bigger, stronger, or holds power (physical or mental).

Reality: You are the expert on your experience. No one gets to define the severity of your trauma but you. 

Reality: Consent is not not saying no. Consent is an enthusiastic affirmation of sexual activity. You do not need to say no for it to be considered rape or sexual abuse.

Reality: Many survivors of rape and sexual abuse were hurt by someone the they know, trust, or love. You do not owe your partner anything just because of your relationship status or previous consentual sexual experiences.

Reality: The body has physical reactions that are not always controllable. Natural lubrication, erection, ejaculation, or orgasms do not mean you enjoyed or consented to what happened. Someone can tickle you and you can hate it but still laugh.

Myth 9: “You can’t just decide not to have sex after they’re already turned on.”
Reality: Consent can be given or taken away at any time. Just because they’re turned on does not mean you owe them anything.

Reality: Sexual violence is never the survivor’s fault. The only person to blame is the perpetrator.

Very Educative, good for our women and the girl child. Thanks for this lovely piece.
Re: Favour Ikechukwu: Lagos Police Commissioner Visits Family Of Girl Raped To Death by joyandfaith: 10:16pm On Oct 07, 2020
MNDY:

Hey! Get my point.
She may not accuse you of rape immediately, maybe after a long while after having a problem with you. Who told you false rape allegations are rare? After God fear women - they are MISCHIEVOUS AND ENJOY TROUBLE VERY WELL.

I say it again, because of a quarrel or issue, a woman can claim rape and say she did not give her consent even when she was wet and asked you to penetrate her and she was raising/moving her waist along moaning in enjoyment.

If you think I'm a rapist you are wrong because a rapist would not feel very bad about this little girl's case to write those last lines.

you need to read books on rope psychology
Re: Favour Ikechukwu: Lagos Police Commissioner Visits Family Of Girl Raped To Death by MNDY(m): 10:22pm On Oct 07, 2020
joyandfaith:

you need to read books on rope psychology
Does it treat the topic of consent as a weapon?
Re: Favour Ikechukwu: Lagos Police Commissioner Visits Family Of Girl Raped To Death by 2cribz: 10:34pm On Oct 07, 2020
Can i rape your sister to death pls
Bluffly:

Then you are not different from the rapist as both of you are on a st*pd lane. How does killing yourself remedy the situation.
Re: Favour Ikechukwu: Lagos Police Commissioner Visits Family Of Girl Raped To Death by Bluffly: 11:22pm On Oct 07, 2020
2cribz:
Can i rape your sister to death pls
Look at your next line of thinking. Seek help
Re: Favour Ikechukwu: Lagos Police Commissioner Visits Family Of Girl Raped To Death by Bluffly: 11:26pm On Oct 07, 2020
SpecialAdviser:
What a painful death. Certain things that happen in this country makes you to start thinking humans don't live here.

How can the parents bear this? How? You intentionally create a pain in the minds of people that will last forever.

SHAME OF A NATION

Bullshits happens across the world irrespective of development. Make google your friend. Watch Discovery ID, watch other crime tvs and you will be amazed about crimes that people commit in those developed countries and are yet unresolved or any reasonable arrest made
Re: Favour Ikechukwu: Lagos Police Commissioner Visits Family Of Girl Raped To Death by Bluffly: 11:27pm On Oct 07, 2020
enas24:
Ganged rape a small child to death and started running for your life. Some people are stupidly mad
Indeed mad
Re: Favour Ikechukwu: Lagos Police Commissioner Visits Family Of Girl Raped To Death by Onyxunlimited(f): 1:22pm On Oct 13, 2020
Ifesinachi22:

A million liked for this ��. I just copied it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shitnaan Maimako Is Dead: Sebastine Maimako, University Of Jos VC's Son Dies / 52-Year-Old Church Gardener Defiles 13-Year-Old Girl Inside Church / Fake Kidnap: Ameerah Sufyan Apologises For Misleading Police And The Public

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.