Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,703 members, 7,816,872 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

Manchester United Signs Cavani, Telles, Diallo And Pellestri On Transfer Closure - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Manchester United Signs Cavani, Telles, Diallo And Pellestri On Transfer Closure (348 Views)

Man Utd Announce €17m Alex Telles Signing On Four-year Deal. / Liverpool Battle Chelsea Over FC Porto’s Alex Telles / Carl Ikeme Transfers From One Room To Another On Transfer Deadline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Manchester United Signs Cavani, Telles, Diallo And Pellestri On Transfer Closure by adiguns3(m): 9:29pm On Oct 06, 2020
In response to questions pondering fans ‘minds as regards seeing new faces in Old Trafford or not before the summer’s transfer window closure, Man. United successfully completed a four-player transfer deal on the final day.

Of the four players, the headline signing was Edinson Cavani who finally left Paris Saint-Germain (PSG) to come to Man. United on a one-year contract. The 33-year-old is believed to come to make an impact in the club just like Zlatan Ibrahimovic who arrived at the club at the age of 34 in 2016 football summer.

Ole Gunnar Solksjaer and the entire United technical team believes that the Uruguayan level of experience in playing football would aid the development of young Mason Greenwood and also provide support for Anthony Martial and Marcus Rashford, Solksjaer said that Cavani would score goals and wouldn’t be placed on the bench.

Despite the coach’s belief in Cavani’s potentials for the club, some fans and football experts are still skeptical about the magic he would perform at the club. In Sky Sports’ Paul Merson’s view about Cavani’s signing, he said: “You’ve got to have to have pace as Man. United like to counter-attack with the pace of Anthony Martial, Greenwood, Marcus Rashford and Dan James when he’s in the team.

Now, all of a sudden Cavani comes in. He will hold the ball up, but for me it’s a panic. I hope I am wrong but it’s not a future signing and it’s not one that tells me they are moving forward.
“It is not one that tells me that in three or four years they are going to catch up with Liverpool and Man. City. This is not going to catch those two clubs up now.”

The other three players signed by Man. United on the last transfer completion date for this summer are Alex Telles, Pellistri and Amad Diallo. Alex Telles is a Brazilian left-back defender who was signed from FC Porto at a cost of £15.4 million. Pellistri, an 18-year-old winger was signed from the Uruguayan club Atletico Penerol and Amad Diallo would finally arrive at the club in January 2021 from the Italian side – Atalanta.

Source: https://www.footballcut.com/manchester-united-signs-cavani-telles-diallo-and-pellestri-on-closure-of-transfer-window/

(1) (Reply)

Join The Ultimate Uefa Fantasy League / Juventus Vs Barcelona 0-2 - All Goals & Extended Highlights [VIDEO] / #goatdebate: "MESSI" Has The Goat Lost Form #messivsronaldo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.