Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,624 members, 7,827,333 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

Police Cannot End SARS, Says DCP Frank Mba - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Cannot End SARS, Says DCP Frank Mba (504 Views)

Nigerian Police Responds To Complains, Frank Mba To Talk With Naira Marley / Nigeria Police Force DCP Frank Mba reveals heartbreaking ways one-chance operato / Shiites Shoot DCP Umar Dead, 3 Other officers in critical condition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Cannot End SARS, Says DCP Frank Mba by Le124(m): 10:28pm On Oct 06, 2020
By Kingsley Omonobi

The Nigerian Police Force Public Relations Officer, Deputy Commissioner of Police Frank Mba, has said the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS), cannot be scrapped because of its potency in combating criminality and deadly criminal gangs in the country. Mba, however, disclosed that the Police headquarters is currently reforming the operations of SARS officers nationwide to curtail their excesses. Speaking during an Instagram Live Chat with Nigerian artiste, Azeez Fashola, aka Naira Marley on Tuesday morning, DCP Mba advised Nigerians to take video recordings of SARS operatives who abuse their fundamental human rights “as long as it is safe to do so.” Recall that the singer cancelled a planned demonstration against SARS infractions and molestations on Tuesday morning.

Following the excesses of its operatives, the Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, had banned SARS personnel from engaging in routine patrols, stop-and-search, mounting of roadblocks and traffic checks with immediate effect. Emphasizing that the IGP and the Force were committed to reforming SARS. Mba said, “What we need to do is to reform SARS and make them responsive, responsible and make them work in accordance with laid down procedures. “We need them to continue to respond to violent crimes. We need them to continue to respond to armed robberies. We need them to continue to respond to kidnappings.

” During the interaction, Naira Marley agreed that the special arm of the Police should not be scrapped but be reformed saying, “You talk about End SARS, you cannot end SARS but let us ask for reform. Why do you want to end SARS? Are you an armed robber?. While expressing support for the directive of the IGP to get SARS operatives off the roads, Marley said, “SARS is a special arm that should only come out during robbery incidents.” Furthermore, he urged the Police to give an update on SARS operatives that have been arrested and what has been done to compensate the families of the victims allegedly killed by SARS officers.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/10/police-cannot-end-sars-says-dcp-frank-mba/

Re: Police Cannot End SARS, Says DCP Frank Mba by Elvictor: 10:29pm On Oct 06, 2020
i weep for my con3

1 Like

Re: Police Cannot End SARS, Says DCP Frank Mba by YoonSung20: 10:30pm On Oct 06, 2020
Nigeria will be hotter than the pit of hell soon, make I dey ready for Italy

1 Like

Re: Police Cannot End SARS, Says DCP Frank Mba by MikeId2(m): 10:33pm On Oct 06, 2020
Earn a living through sure percent sport betting fixed games, Reach +234....070....645.. 427...60 for a perfected winning.

Re: Police Cannot End SARS, Says DCP Frank Mba by DaddyGngeess(m): 11:03pm On Oct 06, 2020
He is saying the truth..
Re: Police Cannot End SARS, Says DCP Frank Mba by Gwagone: 11:06pm On Oct 06, 2020
United we stand cool

#ENDSARSNOWNOW
Re: Police Cannot End SARS, Says DCP Frank Mba by Ever8090: 12:59am On Oct 07, 2020
I think we can protect ourselves better than having SARS harassing and killing us in the name of protecting us.

I had an experience at onisha...I engage some area boys under the bridge who were trying to snatch my money from my pocket 150k..after heating the first guy I took off,there were some police me on duty close to where this shit was happening,but instead of me to run to them I had to run into the crowd instead I had the feeling that tuning to the police men will be worst because if they discovered I have such money on me,they might even take me somewhere and kill me..
Luckily I was able to escape and find my way to RTC park and returned back to port Harcourt..
Re: Police Cannot End SARS, Says DCP Frank Mba by DenreleDave(m): 3:36am On Oct 07, 2020
Hmmm.. Imagine, those area boys too will be fronting and shouting Endsars... Endsars so that their evil mission will always work..

The truth is that police can't end Sars... If they scrap Sars, they will be reintegrated into another dept of the police and what happens, the action continues... They can only give them strict orders, as in an order that is so strict and firm with relevant discipline...

More importantly, Govt shud pls pay the police well. Those guys are earning close to nothing, their lives is always in danger... They shud be earning more. Than a house rep.... Police are underpaid in this country and until dey begin to compensate them well, I'm sorry things might be rough

Ever8090:
I think we can protect ourselves better than having SARS harassing and killing us in the name of protecting us.

I had an experience at onisha...I engage some area boys under the bridge who were trying to snatch my money from my pocket 150k..after heating the first guy I took off,there were some police me on duty close to where this shit was happening,but instead of me to run to them I had to run into the crowd instead I had the feeling that tuning to the police men will be worst because if they discovered I have such money on me,they might even take me somewhere and kill me..
Luckily I was able to escape and find my way to RTC park and returned back to port Harcourt..
Re: Police Cannot End SARS, Says DCP Frank Mba by Ecomac1: 7:57am On Oct 07, 2020
Ok. Then reform SARS

(1) (Reply)

#EndSARS: FG bows to Pressure; Dissolves The Special Anti-robbery Squad (SARS) / Orthodox Priest Shot And Wounded At French Church / Nigerian Lady Cries Out As Airport Demands Hefty Covid19 Levy, Despite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.