Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,687 members, 7,955,573 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:31 AM

Why Thomas Partey's Move From Atletico Madrid To Arsenal Got Messy - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Thomas Partey's Move From Atletico Madrid To Arsenal Got Messy (34797 Views)

Joao Felix Officially Joins Chelsea On Loan From Atletico Madrid / Arsenal Signs Thomas Partey From Atletico Madrid / Barcelona Unveil Antoine Griezmann From Atletico Madrid,reveal His Shirt No(pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Thomas Partey's Move From Atletico Madrid To Arsenal Got Messy by Siberia01(m): 8:44am On Oct 07, 2020
cool
Re: Why Thomas Partey's Move From Atletico Madrid To Arsenal Got Messy by PapaNnamdi: 8:44am On Oct 07, 2020
dondodo:
Partey after Partey
yornnn

grin
Re: Why Thomas Partey's Move From Atletico Madrid To Arsenal Got Messy by osamz007: 8:45am On Oct 07, 2020
IN SOCCER MONEY DETERMINES LOYALTY
Re: Why Thomas Partey's Move From Atletico Madrid To Arsenal Got Messy by Senior57(m): 8:45am On Oct 07, 2020
Wishing u d best is all I have 2 say.. Gud luck
Re: Why Thomas Partey's Move From Atletico Madrid To Arsenal Got Messy by Barryseal: 8:45am On Oct 07, 2020
ATL have themselves to blame because for the better part of 2 months, they refused negotiations with Arsenal for Partey, always reffered them to his buyout clause.

Partey being the least payed player in the club had a low buyout clause, relative to his meagre salary. ATL should have read the handwriting on the wall when he refused signing a new contract, instead turned their noses up to the Arsenal and even had the temerity to negotiate for Toriera while refusing negotiations for Partey.

Edu Gaspar activating Partey's buyout clause 32mins before the close of transfer window was pure Savage, gangster, boss move. No love lost,they are lucky they still got Lucas Toriera.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Thomas Partey's Move From Atletico Madrid To Arsenal Got Messy by infohenry(m): 8:45am On Oct 07, 2020
Too bad, he deserves better. Welcome to Arsenal f.c but remember Arsenal hand tight ooo.
Re: Why Thomas Partey's Move From Atletico Madrid To Arsenal Got Messy by omonla10(m): 8:52am On Oct 07, 2020
nrexzy:
Make we see if arsenal go win major trophy
its not about winning major trophy. Its about being competitive and raising the team's worth. Not every top team will win a trophy. How many trophies have athletico Madrid won in d last 15 years. But they are always a team to recon with in world football

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Thomas Partey's Move From Atletico Madrid To Arsenal Got Messy by donbrowser(m): 8:53am On Oct 07, 2020
ethicallyright:
Thomas Partey is the best and most ambitious midfielder in West Africa

Where is Ndidi?

1 Like

Re: Why Thomas Partey's Move From Atletico Madrid To Arsenal Got Messy by NinaArsenal(f): 8:55am On Oct 07, 2020
A/Madrid pls spear us your preaching.
Partey deserves better.
Welcome to Arsenal once Gunner.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Thomas Partey's Move From Atletico Madrid To Arsenal Got Messy by Goke7: 8:59am On Oct 07, 2020
Such is life most employers are not always happy when their employee leave for a better deal elsewhere.

Partey should go and do thanksgiving that his village people went on vacation

1 Like

Re: Why Thomas Partey's Move From Atletico Madrid To Arsenal Got Messy by Nobody: 9:01am On Oct 07, 2020
donbrowser:

Where is Ndidi?

NDIDI IS SECOND BEST BECAUSE HE'S SCARED TO DO SOME THINGS ON FIELD. PARTEY , THOUGH A DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER DROPS DEEP AND HAS SCORED MANY GOALS FOR ATLETICO MADRID OUTSIDE THE 18 AREA. INFACT , HIS FAVOURITE SPOT IS 28 METERS AWAY FROM GOAL.

PARTEY IS ALSO MORE CREATIVE.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Thomas Partey's Move From Atletico Madrid To Arsenal Got Messy by Fcwilly: 9:02am On Oct 07, 2020
That's high level of racism, paying him less than 40k/week with all those good jobs, just because of the colour of his skin, yet he is better than others in the team.
Good move partey, arsenal FC is best for you.

My Manchester United are still doing Bonanza

3 Likes

Re: Why Thomas Partey's Move From Atletico Madrid To Arsenal Got Messy by Vikalinda(m): 9:09am On Oct 07, 2020
nrexzy:
is FA cup not a major trophy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Thomas Partey's Move From Atletico Madrid To Arsenal Got Messy by adslipps: 9:13am On Oct 07, 2020
Only miss the sun when it starts to snow
Only know you love her when you let her go

In Passenger's voice

2 Likes

Re: Why Thomas Partey's Move From Atletico Madrid To Arsenal Got Messy by Malawian(m): 9:14am On Oct 07, 2020
Athletico Madrid really disrespected Arsenal all through the window. Negotiate for Partey they said no. They even went as far as trying to sign our own DM on loan. Honestly, if I was running Arsenal, I would have even rescinded the Loan for torriera after signing Partey from them.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Thomas Partey's Move From Atletico Madrid To Arsenal Got Messy by kokomilala(m): 9:15am On Oct 07, 2020
Atleti are just bad losers. They played hard ball all summer. Arsenal distracted thrm by courting Auoar, but the real game was Partey. And like a focused hunter, hunting his game, with taut fingers on the trigger, clock ticking away... just 32 mins to go, for the transfer window to slam shut, Arsenal took a deep breath and ..pulled the trigger.. tra, tra, tra!!!
This rattled Athletic, and the fact that Partey went on to organize his own medical in Madrid riled them more.
But, why are they bemoaning their loss?. 45 million Quid and a loan deal for Toreirra. For me, I think it's all fair and square.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Thomas Partey's Move From Atletico Madrid To Arsenal Got Messy by Belleful: 9:16am On Oct 07, 2020
AgainstIslam:
I believe Atletico's grouse with the transfer was that they were not informed by either party so that they could find a replacement for him.

And I sympathise with them.

Which replacement? Arsenal gave them Lucas toriara
Re: Why Thomas Partey's Move From Atletico Madrid To Arsenal Got Messy by Yeyenairaland(m): 9:23am On Oct 07, 2020
nrexzy:

If you're a Chelsea or man u fan, I think the expectations are more on you

3 Likes

Re: Why Thomas Partey's Move From Atletico Madrid To Arsenal Got Messy by nrexzy: 9:23am On Oct 07, 2020
Vikalinda:

Re: Why Thomas Partey's Move From Atletico Madrid To Arsenal Got Messy by nrexzy: 9:24am On Oct 07, 2020
Vikalinda:

angry grin grin
Re: Why Thomas Partey's Move From Atletico Madrid To Arsenal Got Messy by nrexzy: 9:25am On Oct 07, 2020
Yeyenairaland:

If you're a Chelsea or man u fan, I think the expectations are more on you

No worry we Dey champions League
Re: Why Thomas Partey's Move From Atletico Madrid To Arsenal Got Messy by nrexzy: 9:26am On Oct 07, 2020
omonla10:
its not about winning major trophy. Its about being competitive and raising the team's worth. Not every top team will win a trophy. How many trophies have athletico Madrid won in d last 15 years. But they are always a team to recon with in world football

If they could win they would have... D club and players have a major goal to win trophies not to be a team to recon with....
Re: Why Thomas Partey's Move From Atletico Madrid To Arsenal Got Messy by Belleful: 9:27am On Oct 07, 2020
sylve11:
If i be this guy i go reason another Spanish club like Real Madrid o. Person dey move from grace to grass? Abeg arsenal fans, do not insult me o. I just aired my opinion and it is strictly my opinion and not that of Partey's.... cool
If u don't want insult, keep ur opinion to urself. Because ur opinion sounds like you are a dumpkid. What did he achieve out AM other than name? Will he sign for RM without them showing interest? So if you are being paid 100k at AM, and a club live Leeds wants to pay u 200k, u will say it's grace to grass? Agbeni use ur head

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Thomas Partey's Move From Atletico Madrid To Arsenal Got Messy by Yeyenairaland(m): 9:27am On Oct 07, 2020
PlayerMeji:
That's why Arsenal have been heralding him as if they signed a Ronaldo since. Because they paid 50m euros.

Can't you just shut up if you don't have anything sensible to say shocked shocked
Re: Why Thomas Partey's Move From Atletico Madrid To Arsenal Got Messy by Yeyenairaland(m): 9:28am On Oct 07, 2020
nrexzy:

No worry we Dey champions League

When saying WE

Specify your club

Let me address you accordingly
Re: Why Thomas Partey's Move From Atletico Madrid To Arsenal Got Messy by nrexzy: 9:32am On Oct 07, 2020
Yeyenairaland:

When saying WE

Specify your club

Let me address you accordingly

U mentioned two clubs that only one made it to CL
Re: Why Thomas Partey's Move From Atletico Madrid To Arsenal Got Messy by sylve11: 9:32am On Oct 07, 2020
Belleful:

If u don't want insult, keep ur opinion to urself. Because ur opinion sounds like you are a dumpkid. What did he achieve out AM other than name? Will he sign for RM without them showing interest? So if you are being paid 100k at AM, and a club live Leeds wants to pay u 200k, u will say it's grace to grass? Agbeni use ur head

park one side jare. undecided cool
Re: Why Thomas Partey's Move From Atletico Madrid To Arsenal Got Messy by slaypapa: 9:43am On Oct 07, 2020
Haters of Arsenal are arriving this thread to spew rubbish now. It's a good news for we loyal Arsenal fans so if u don't have any reasonable things to say then Bleep off... cool

1 Like

Re: Why Thomas Partey's Move From Atletico Madrid To Arsenal Got Messy by onatisi(m): 9:43am On Oct 07, 2020
in the world of business , money supersede all other factors .
if they had offered partey enough money , he would not have left
athletico should have done more to keep him
Re: Why Thomas Partey's Move From Atletico Madrid To Arsenal Got Messy by aaking(m): 9:45am On Oct 07, 2020
sylve11:
If i be this guy i go reason another Spanish club like Real Madrid o. Person dey move from grace to grass? Abeg arsenal fans, do not insult me o. I just aired my opinion and it is strictly my opinion and not that of Partey's.... cool

How many cup title Atletico done win compare to Arsenal. You don't really know what they mean by from Grace to grass. To tel that this move is Grace to Grace+
Re: Why Thomas Partey's Move From Atletico Madrid To Arsenal Got Messy by JastSiryin(m): 9:47am On Oct 07, 2020
Honestly, they deserved what they got for their refusal to negotiate. They sure love to use release clauses.

And there's another thing most peeps don't know. We would've probably been able to get two midfielders if they'd agreed a swap deal involving Lucas Torreira that would've saved us some money. But they wanted to play us by using Lucas's preference for Spain against us.

Remember that atleast 2 Italian clubs were interested in paying for Lucas, but all that changed the moment Atletico came knocking, and Lucas only wanted them.

Kudos to Arsenal for making them think we couldn't pay Partey's release clause cuz we were broke. They knew we needed to get players out so they forced us to accept a loan with an option to buy and could've sworn that Partey would be staying too.

But my wonderful Edu wasn't gonna be played. The Atletico board can eat shit and die for all i caregrin They got money didn't they?

I only wish Arsenal had been quick enough to accept those Italian offers even though they didn't meet their valuation. But hey, we're a good club that respects Player's wishes.

We'll get Aourar some other time, maybe someone better sef smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2014 WC Qualifier : Malawi Vs Nigeria (1 - 1) On June 9 2012 / Olufunke Oshonaike Survives Ghastly Accident (Photos) / UEFA Fans' Team Of The Year 2018 Revealed! (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.