Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,539 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

Enugu:Remembering "COSMO FM",Best Radio Station Ever No One Talks About. - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Enugu:Remembering "COSMO FM",Best Radio Station Ever No One Talks About. (1525 Views)

Remembering Dr Sir Warrior: Oriental Brothers- Nwanne Awu Enyi / Remembering Cosmo FM 105.5 / Brekete Family Founded By Amed Isah: Nigerians turn to Radio station For Justice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu:Remembering "COSMO FM",Best Radio Station Ever No One Talks About. by Peritome: 11:05am On Oct 07, 2020
Do you still remember Cosmo FM?

Do you miss her?

No one is really talking about her.

I'm aware today's Wednesday not Thursday though to talk about "throwback". Funny!

I could remember 15years ago when I left the West where I was born & raised to settle in the East, after Rhythm FM Lagos, Cosmo FM Enugu happened to be my best source of edutainment that added to my civil & social living till date. She was established by the former governor of Enugu state, Dr. Chimaroke Nnamani a.k.a Ebeano. She was the best thing that happened to Enugu as at then. Really added to lives like me.

A radio station that's filled with best of the best OAPs like Big Sid "the extra large teddy bear", Jay-Dee, Cleo-Patra, Ogus Baba, Ashionye, DJ Grand Fingaz and others that are now scattered all over.
Then my small transistor radio never leaves me whether home or out(when out, I plug in my headphone). I'm always on the go with COSMO. Keeping me up with all genres of music, shows & programs like World Chart Show with Pee-Jay Butler from California, U.S on Saturdays 5.pm & Rick D Top 40 also streamed from U.S every Sunday afternoon.
Ogus Baba Comedy show every Thursday I guess. Wisdom for Winning by Pst Edwin Bayebo of House on the Rock, Enugu everyday by 6:55.am - 7:00.am just 5mins, e.t.c. Music plays all night long, my radio hardly goes off.

It was great having COSMO Fm all those years.

Do you know about COSMO FM?

Share yours like I did.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu:Remembering "COSMO FM",Best Radio Station Ever No One Talks About. by jokinexcel(m): 11:33am On Oct 07, 2020
Cosmo...cosmo.... cosmo... that’s cosmo baby.....hmmmm. This Dj is crazy.

1 Like

Re: Enugu:Remembering "COSMO FM",Best Radio Station Ever No One Talks About. by Peritome: 11:35am On Oct 07, 2020
jokinexcel:
Cosmo...cosmo.... cosmo... that’s cosmo baby.....hmmmm. This Dj is crazy.

Yeah! You're right. You followed.

1 Like

Re: Enugu:Remembering "COSMO FM",Best Radio Station Ever No One Talks About. by rapthugx(m): 8:55pm On Mar 23, 2021
I served in Cross River and this radio station was one thing that made my stay in that remote village enjoyable. Please there was this sports program then weekdays 7am or 7:30am Please did you follow the program,I really want to remember the name of the presenter. He was one of the commentators on super sports when they were airing the Nigeria league few years ago.

Modified:
The guy Ralph Chidozie

2 Likes

Re: Enugu:Remembering "COSMO FM",Best Radio Station Ever No One Talks About. by zukky79: 10:39pm On May 02, 2021
Cosmo 105.5 Fm... Unbranded.

This station was, and remains the best I've ever listened to. I grew up a radio child... always with my mother's transistor radio, so I've had my fair share of favorite radio stations. Cosmo tops them all.

Sad that EFCC had to close down the station instead of appointing managers for it. For years I prayed that she'll come back on air.

I still hope it will.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu:Remembering "COSMO FM",Best Radio Station Ever No One Talks About. by Deeprooted: 5:26pm On Mar 05, 2022
I thought I was the only one who enjoyed Cosmo FM then.

The OAPs were superb!

After the station was closed down by EFCC, one of the presenters called....joined Joy FM Otukpo I was told she later left for greener pasture

2 Likes

Re: Enugu:Remembering "COSMO FM",Best Radio Station Ever No One Talks About. by xtivin(m): 8:54pm On Jul 27, 2022
I really enjoyed Cleo Patra show at night. I miss Cosmo

1 Like

Re: Enugu:Remembering "COSMO FM",Best Radio Station Ever No One Talks About. by webizone(m): 9:57pm On Apr 15, 2023
zukky79:
Cosmo 105.5 Fm... Unbranded.

This station was, and remains the best I've ever listened to. I grew up a radio child... always with my mother's transistor radio, so I've had my fair share of favorite radio stations. Cosmo tops them all.

Sad that EFCC had to close down the station instead of appointing managers for it. For years I prayed that she'll come back on air.

I still hope it will.

Ah so it was EFCC that spoiled a better thing?

1 Like

Re: Enugu:Remembering "COSMO FM",Best Radio Station Ever No One Talks About. by webizone(m): 10:00pm On Apr 15, 2023
Peritome:
Do you still remember Cosmo FM?

Do you miss her?

No one is really talking about her.

I'm aware today's Wednesday not Thursday though to talk about "throwback". Funny!

I could remember 15years ago when I left the West where I was born & raised to settle in the East, after Rhythm FM Lagos, Cosmo FM Enugu happened to be my best source of edutainment that added to my civil & social living till date. She was established by the former governor of Enugu state, Dr. Chimaroke Nnamani a.k.a Ebeano. She was the best thing that happened to Enugu as at then. Really added to lives like me.

A radio station that's filled with best of the best OAPs like Big Sid "the extra large teddy bear", Jay-Dee, Cleo-Patra, Ogus Baba, Ashionye, DJ Grand Fingaz and others that are now scattered all over.
Then my small transistor radio never leaves me whether home or out(when out, I plug in my headphone). I'm always on the go with COSMO. Keeping me up with all genres of music, shows & programs like World Chart Show with Pee-Jay Butler from California, U.S on Saturdays 5.pm & Rick D Top 40 also streamed from U.S every Sunday afternoon.
Ogus Baba Comedy show every Thursday I guess. Wisdom for Winning by Pst Edwin Bayebo of House on the Rock, Enugu everyday by 6:55.am - 7:00.am just 5mins, e.t.c. Music plays all night long, my radio hardly goes off.

It was great having COSMO Fm all those years.

Do you know about COSMO FM?

Share yours like I did.

Nice to know that someone from the South West has this to say about the South East. Some of my favorite programmes which you didn't mention was "Believe it Or not" and "Ehen".

1 Like

Re: Enugu:Remembering "COSMO FM",Best Radio Station Ever No One Talks About. by Peritome: 10:48am On Apr 16, 2023
webizone:

Nice to know that someone from the South West has this to say about the South East. Some of my favorite programmes which you didn't mention was "Believe it Or not" and "Ehen".

Yeah! "Believe it or not", Very scary as I love scary stories or movies

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Best Naija Music Duo Ever! / Ikechukwu New Joints / Ayewa Gospel Singers: Anyone With Their Songs Or Links ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.