Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,038 members, 7,814,547 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

Network Fraud - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Network Fraud (1578 Views)

The Fraud In Slot Limited / GLO All Purpose Data Pack Is A Fraud / Spectranet Is A Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Network Fraud by pappykay1(m): 11:41am On Mar 04, 2011
angry PLS can anybody in d house xplain Y AIRTEL NETWORK is removing my money evryday when i dont make a call out "ur last cal was #100 evry tyme" pls i dont know if any one of airtel staff dat are doing d fraud i tried cal thier customer service NOT going @all pls i need xpalanation frm smbdy pls[tt]
Re: Network Fraud by chakaz(m): 3:25pm On Mar 04, 2011
@poster, did you in any way subscribed to their "WIN N1m PROMO" which they normally say send "free to 333" sms cost N100/daily? It happened to my friend and for now no remedy!
Re: Network Fraud by N101: 9:18pm On Mar 06, 2011
@ Poster - it does not surprise me that they are doing that. I believe Airtel had defrauded me in a similar way.

I took out a 100MB internet bundle in December but was getting charged for every MB used. It took two weeks and speaking to 5 people before it was sorted. I can only assume that staff don't know how to use their system as all except one were unsure as to whether I had an active data bundle. I was asked the same questions and blah blah but nothing was done. When I asked if I would get a credit refund I was told that Airtel were right to take my credit even though I still had an active data bundle.

Their Customer Service has been down all last week. If you tried checking your balance or even topping up your credit, you may have gotten the message ''Congestion, try again later''. There's nothing on their website to say there is a problem even though there is. But they can still send texts advertising their services.

I'm curious how long they will last going on like this. It has rapidly deteriorated since changing from Zain. I'd suggest getting another SIM card from a different network.
Re: Network Fraud by Valto(m): 5:01pm On Mar 07, 2011
@poster, u simply entered 4 airtel 1,000,000 daily draw by replying yes to 333. It isnt a fraud cos u would av replied no to 333 then. If u want to stop ur #100 4rm being minused daily. Just text OUT to 444. It will minus another #100 and dat will be the end.
Re: Network Fraud by pappykay1(m): 8:18am On Mar 08, 2011
Thanks @valto i thout as much bcus to d xtent since sat till yesterday monday i coldn,t make a call niether recieve call nd av even stop loading card on my AIRTEL line but now i will do as u said now thanks very much.
pappykay
Re: Network Fraud by pappykay1(m): 3:30pm On Mar 09, 2011
@poster, u simply entered 4 airtel 1,000,000 daily draw by replying yes to 333. It isnt a fraud cos u would av replied no to 333 then. If u want to stop your #100 4rm being minused daily. Just text OUT to 444. It will minus another #100 and dat will be the end.

VALTO I DID IT YET THER ARE STILL DEDUCTING MY MONEY AM TIRED OF AIRTEL LINE I DONT NO WHAT TO DO SMDY PLS HLP ME IN D HAND S OF AIRTEL OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Re: Network Fraud by brinebaba(m): 1:43pm On Mar 10, 2011
pappykay1:

@poster, u simply entered 4 airtel 1,000,000 daily draw by replying yes to 333. It isnt a fraud cos u would av replied no to 333 then. If u want to stop your #100 4rm being minused daily. Just text OUT to 444. It will minus another #100 and dat will be the end.

VALTO I DID IT YET THER ARE STILL DEDUCTING MY MONEY AM TIRED OF AIRTEL LINE I DONT NO WHAT TO DO SMDY PLS HLP ME IN D HAND S OF AIRTEL OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

lol,those dudes really want to stop this 2years sell-off thing
Re: Network Fraud by Nobody: 8:45pm On Mar 11, 2011
Few days ago i tried loading a card but airtel refused crediting my line. The responses i got were 'congestion try again' 'network busy' 'invalid activation'. After trying so many times it respond "you are barred from this service". I couldnt dial out even their customer service till date is off, the following day i bought another card with d hope of recharging but lo d same story, eventually i gaveout d second card to another airtel subcriber who was able to load and use. It was on d 3rd date i succeeded in recharging my phone with another card whilst d 1st 1 still impossible.
Re: Network Fraud by Valto(m): 4:59pm On Mar 12, 2011
Timehin:

Few days ago i tried loading a card but airtel refused crediting my line. The responses i got were 'congestion try again' 'network busy' 'invalid activation'. After trying so many times it respond "you are barred from this service". I couldnt dial out even their customer service till date is off, the following day i bought another card with d hope of recharging but lo d same story, eventually i gaveout d second card to another airtel subcriber who was able to load and use. It was on d 3rd date i succeeded in recharging my phone with another card whilst d 1st 1 still impossible.
your line has been blocked. go and register your sim card at the nearest airtel sim card registration centre.
Re: Network Fraud by Valto(m): 5:04pm On Mar 12, 2011
pappykay1:

u have to get upto #100 on your phone b4 doing dat. Text OUT (in capital letters) to 444.
Re: Network Fraud by dellnet: 6:13pm On Mar 12, 2011
chakaz:

@poster, did you in any way subscribed to their "WIN N1m PROMO" which they normally say send "free to 333" sms cost N100/daily? It happened to my friend and for now no remedy!

hey guys I came on to check if the sms I received is a fraud. It says: YOU'RE LUCKY! NUMBER 234802******* IS AMONG THE TOP SHOTS THAT COULD WIN AIRTEL'S N1,000,000 CASH IN ONLY A FEW HOURS! SIMPLY TEXT YOUR NAME TO 444 NOW! N100/DA

that's all the message. Is this a fraud? I can't see the center number etc on my phone coz I am not using a Nokia phone.
Re: Network Fraud by N101: 5:07pm On Mar 13, 2011
@ dell_net, I got the same message - you know what I did? I deleted it. Whether it is from Airtel or a third party, I didn't ask for it so it's deleted.

Note they will charge you N100 daily. If you feel the burning need to give them your money for free,
Re: Network Fraud by pappykay1(m): 3:24pm On Mar 16, 2011
abeg make una help "save me frm d hands of AIRTEL LINE" I called thier customer service they told me to txt OUT TO 333 AGAIN siad they will put stop to it nd they chrg #100 immediately, and i did it could u gyuz believed dat they stil deducted #100 dat same day am tired of it ooooooooooo
AIRTEL YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY I WILL REPORT THEM TO NCC OOOOOO(NIGERIA COMUNICATION COMMISSION)

(1) (Reply)

Blackberry Empathy-what Can U Say About This New Bb? / Phone Not Allowed MM6 / Original Smartphone Mpie M7 Plus Mtk6752 Octa Core 5.5 Inch 1080p 4gbram 16gb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.