Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,641 members, 7,851,149 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:10 PM

Scan Information for my Jalopy Written Out! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Scan Information for my Jalopy Written Out! (1922 Views)

What I Saw Written On A Tricycle! / Finally Scanned My Jalopy, But Pictures Too Large / See Hilarious Warning Written On A Truck In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scan Information for my Jalopy Written Out! by PaulH07: 4:41pm On Oct 07, 2020
As nobody wan answer me for my previous penultimate post, decided to write out the scan codes.

Abeg make una epp me, make I know weda na motor I still dey drive or Bournvita tin...

77-4
(P0300)
Permanent
RANDOM MISFIRE

73-1
(P0303)
Permanent
MISFIRE No.3 CYLINDER

75-1
(P0305)
Permanent
MISFIRE No.5 CYLINDER

76-1
(P0306)
Permanent
MISFIRE No.6 CYLINDER

117-1
Permanent
EVAP CVS CIRCUIT VOLTAGE LOW

70-2
(P0700)
Permanent
A/T SYSTEM MALFUNCTION

22-2
(P2647)
VTEC OIL PRESSURE SWITCH CIRCUIT HIGH VOLTAGE

151-6
(P0135)
HO2S (A/F SENSOR) B1 S1 HEATER CIRCUIT

152-6
(P0155)
HO2S (A/F SENSOR) B2 S1 HEATER CIRCUIT

155-16
(P2628)
HO2S (A/F SENSOR) B1 S1 LABEL CIRCUIT HIGH VOLTAGE

156-16
(P2631)
HO2S (A/F SENSOR) B2 S1 LABEL CIRCUIT HIGH VOLTAGE

192-2
(P2185)ENGINE COOLANT TEMPERATURE (ECT) SENSOR 2 CIRCUIT HIGH VOLTAGE
Re: Scan Information for my Jalopy Written Out! by PaulH07: 5:03pm On Oct 07, 2020
Abeg make una talk something naw...

Gazzuzz and other gurus... sad
Re: Scan Information for my Jalopy Written Out! by PaulH07: 5:07pm On Oct 07, 2020
N.B it's a Honda Accord 2003 V6 model.

Thank ya'll
Re: Scan Information for my Jalopy Written Out! by BamBamK: 5:37pm On Oct 07, 2020
Radautoworks, Gazzuzz, Diportivo, Nurey and the rest dey come

wait small

PaulH07:
N.B it's a Honda Accord 2003 V6 model.

Thank ya'll

1 Like

Re: Scan Information for my Jalopy Written Out! by PaulH07: 6:53pm On Oct 07, 2020
BamBamK:
Radautoworks, Gazzuzz, Diportivo, Nurey and the rest dey come

wait small

Thank you my brother. I don dey find buyers down tho. undecided

Nevertheless, I go like know what's up with the car, based on the informations provided...
Re: Scan Information for my Jalopy Written Out! by emmyN(m): 7:59pm On Oct 07, 2020
PaulH07:

Thank you my brother. I don dey find buyers down tho. undecided

Nevertheless, I go like know what's up with the car, based on the informations provided...

Hope you do full disclosure when you eventually sell?

While you wait for help here, try looking up each of these codes on google, identify their symptoms, and see if that is what you are experiencing with your car. There may be multiple solutions for each malfunction, identity each and have your kazeem look in those directions. The essence of scanning is to give you a pointer on how to go on with the fix.

For your engine misfire, you may want to confirm your spark plugs are in good condition and the coils are not charred.
Re: Scan Information for my Jalopy Written Out! by PaulH07: 8:09pm On Oct 07, 2020
emmyN:

Hope you do full disclosure when you eventually sell?

While you wait for help here, try looking up each of these codes on google, identify their symptoms, and see if that is what you are experiencing with your car. There may be multiple solutions for each malfunction, identity each and have your kazeem look in those directions. The essence of scanning is to give you a pointer on how to go on with the fix.

For your engine misfire, you may want to confirm your spark plugs are in good condition and the coils are not charred.

Ofcourse I would.

And I've been checking each f those codes on the net, and have started learning a lot from it.

Thanks bro.

Also does a scan show ALL that's wrong with a vehicle?
Re: Scan Information for my Jalopy Written Out! by emmyN(m): 9:30pm On Oct 07, 2020
PaulH07:

Ofcourse I would.

And I've been checking each f those codes on the net, and have started learning a lot from it.

Thanks bro.

Also does a scan show ALL that's wrong with a vehicle?

Depends on the scanner you are using. Scan tools that are able to do that come pricier and are mostly stocked by professional diagnostic and repair shops. If you are having a problem with your transmission, the conventional scanner may not be able to tell you what it is.
Re: Scan Information for my Jalopy Written Out! by PaulH07: 5:44am On Oct 08, 2020
emmyN:

Depends on the scanner you are using. Scan tools that are able to do that come pricier and are mostly stocked by professional diagnostic and repair shops. If you are having a problem with your transmission, the conventional scanner may not be able to tell you what it is.

You mean the scanner may not be able to detect it?
Re: Scan Information for my Jalopy Written Out! by emmyN(m): 8:38am On Oct 08, 2020
PaulH07:

You mean the scanner may not be able to detect it?

Yes, that's what I mean. If you want one that can go close, then you should be looking at the Autel AP200 bluetooth scanner. It's cheaper, but for your personal use alone.
Re: Scan Information for my Jalopy Written Out! by TRYGO(m): 8:59am On Oct 08, 2020
Here's my #200 naira piece of advice:

1. focus more on the misfire codes, and the VTEC one.

2. the misfires could be caused by worn out spark plugs, failing ignition coils, chaffed ignition coils wiring, failing/bad injectors, and lastly, severe engine piston rings, or worn out bores.

3. get your mechanic over there to check all the mentioned likelihood, before replacing the crankshaft as they suggested to you.

4. the VTEC switch, at the front passenger side of the top cylinder, maybe clogged with sludge, and dead oil. how often do you service your engine, and all that? I hope you aren't using SEAHORSE, AMMASCO, or any other kind of oil, regularly used over there?

5. if you can, remove the VTEC switch, clean it up, if you got debris on its filter, and test using a 12V battery, to check for spool movements in the sensor itself.

6. a bad VTEC, would never allow your engine to Rev beyond certain RPM. you'd experience some form of performance issues if that switch is failing or bad.

I hope this helps you out there where you're right now.

Its frustrating sometimes when one is stuck with an issue like this, and spending endlessly.

NB: Get the misfires, and VTEC codes sorted out first, before tackling the O2S, and probably the EVAP ones.

Without the misfires on those three cylinders fixed, and the VTEC, there's no WAY, your engine would regain its "past glory".

Ubangiji ya baku sa'a Dan uwa na!

Regards

1 Like

Re: Scan Information for my Jalopy Written Out! by PaulH07: 1:45pm On Oct 08, 2020
emmyN:

Yes, that's what I mean. If you want one that can go close, then you should be looking at the Autel AP200 bluetooth scanner. It's cheaper, but for your personal use alone.

Oh you mean it can't be used on another car?

Well I'm going for this by the way...do you think it would suffice?

Re: Scan Information for my Jalopy Written Out! by PaulH07: 1:49pm On Oct 08, 2020
TRYGO:

2. the misfires could be caused by worn out spark plugs, failing ignition coils, chaffed ignition coils wiring, failing/bad injectors, and lastly, severe engine piston rings, or worn out bores.

3. get your mechanic over there to check all the mentioned likelihood, before replacing the crankshaft as they suggested to you.

4. the VTEC switch, at the front passenger side of the top cylinder, maybe clogged with sludge, and dead oil. how often do you service your engine, and all that? I hope you aren't using SEAHORSE, AMMASCO, or any other kind of oil, regularly used over there?

5. if you can, remove the VTEC switch, clean it up, if you got debris on its filter, and test using a 12V battery, to check for spool movements in the sensor itself.

6. a bad VTEC, would never allow your engine to Rev beyond certain RPM. you'd experience some form of performance issues if that switch is failing or bad.

Its frustrating sometimes when one is stuck with an issue like this, and spending endlessly.

NB: Get the misfires, and VTEC codes sorted out first, before tackling the O2S, and probably the EVAP ones.

Without the misfires on those three cylinders fixed, and the VTEC, there's no WAY, your engine would regain its "past glory".

Regards

My brother, I just wish you're here with me to help me out. All these Kazeems no go understand wetin you dey talk ooo, and me sef no sabi how to explain am to them sef. You know how these guys are now? Dem go feel person dey teach them work, apart from the fact that these things are quite new to me meen.

Do you know any competent mechanic head like you one can import to Jalingo to help sort out these issues?

Also the last engine oil I wasted money on was Ammasco ooo, and idiot was telling me it's the best choice. #4,700 just go like that.

Na wa ooo
Re: Scan Information for my Jalopy Written Out! by PaulH07: 1:51pm On Oct 08, 2020
TRYGO:

Regards

Also with the codes I put up there, is there ANY chance of the car coming back to life, or I should just sell it for scraps?

I really need an honest assessment, as to get a mechanic to fix these issues here go really gbege oh!
Re: Scan Information for my Jalopy Written Out! by TRYGO(m): 3:39pm On Oct 08, 2020
Yes, Paul, the engine can be salvaged. I wished you were closer, say, maybe Abuja, or J-town, I'd have helped.
Re: Scan Information for my Jalopy Written Out! by emmyN(m): 5:19pm On Oct 08, 2020
PaulH07:

Oh you mean it can't be used on another car?

Well I'm going for this by the way...do you think it would suffice?

You could, but you will have to pay a yearly subscription for every other car.

I don't know much about that scanner, but I don't think it would, that is if your aim is to troubleshoot transmission, ABS, SRS, and the likes. Get the Launch CRP123 rather.
Re: Scan Information for my Jalopy Written Out! by PaulH07: 5:23pm On Oct 08, 2020
emmyN:

I don't know much about that scanner, but I don't think it would, that is if your aim is to troubleshoot transmission, ABS, SRS, and the likes. Get the Launch CRP123 rather.

Okay bro, lemme check it up... wink
Re: Scan Information for my Jalopy Written Out! by PaulH07: 5:29pm On Oct 08, 2020
emmyN:

Just checked it up and it looks quite impressive. Hope it can also diagnose those codes I put up there?
Re: Scan Information for my Jalopy Written Out! by emmyN(m): 5:45pm On Oct 08, 2020
PaulH07:

Just checked it up and it looks quite impressive. Hope it can also diagnose those codes I put up there?

Yes, it can. It's a comprehensive scan tool.

1 Like

Re: Scan Information for my Jalopy Written Out! by PaulH07: 5:52pm On Oct 08, 2020
emmyN:

Yes, it can. It's a comprehensive scan tool.

Thanks a lot bro!
Re: Scan Information for my Jalopy Written Out! by emmyN(m): 6:21pm On Oct 08, 2020
PaulH07:

Thanks a lot bro!

Anytime smiley
Re: Scan Information for my Jalopy Written Out! by PaulH07: 9:11am On Oct 09, 2020
I'm selling off the ride for 300k. Thanks everyone for your input.
Re: Scan Information for my Jalopy Written Out! by TRYGO(m): 10:00pm On Oct 09, 2020
oh kai Allah! da gaskiya? post pictures of the car.
Re: Scan Information for my Jalopy Written Out! by Kingdemu: 2:35pm On Oct 10, 2020
Paulo this your car still dey give you headache? From drunk-driving accident fix to now plenty error codes? I'm offering 200k cash and I'll come to jailingo for it. I'm in gombe at the moment.
Re: Scan Information for my Jalopy Written Out! by PaulH07: 10:44pm On Oct 10, 2020
Kingdemu:
Paulo this your car still dey give you headache? From drunk-driving accident fix to now plenty error codes? I'm offering 200k cash and I'll come to jailingo for it. I'm in gombe at the moment.

Make it 300k last and you gotta deal...
Re: Scan Information for my Jalopy Written Out! by FEGEITOK: 10:28am On Oct 11, 2020
PaulH07:
I'm selling off the ride for 300k. Thanks everyone for your input.

You make decisions in haste, not good.

With less than 300,000 this car will be in top shape, I'm being rather generous, pretty sure 150,000 can restore it to what it was before the accident
Re: Scan Information for my Jalopy Written Out! by chukel(m): 1:36pm On Oct 11, 2020
FEGEITOK:

With less than 300,000 this car will be in top shape, I'm being rather generous, pretty sure 150,000 can restore it to what it was before the accident
150k is even too much

1 Like

Re: Scan Information for my Jalopy Written Out! by chukel(m): 1:38pm On Oct 11, 2020
Wipe all the codes. Then run vehicle for like 20mins and rescan. You have to sort your misfire and vtec codes first. Almost all cylinders are misfiring. Hope the ECU you bought and put in that car is good.
Re: Scan Information for my Jalopy Written Out! by PaulH07: 3:39pm On Oct 11, 2020
FEGEITOK:

I've asked severally for interpretation of the codes in another thread, but wasn't able to see any mechanic around here that could be of help.

Should I wait till the car rots in the garage?

If you have no concrete contribution, please keep quiet. Not a must to talk abeg...
Re: Scan Information for my Jalopy Written Out! by PaulH07: 4:53pm On Oct 11, 2020
chukel:
Wipe all the codes. Then run vehicle for like 20mins and rescan. You have to sort your misfire and vtec codes first. Almost all cylinders are misfiring. Hope the ECU you bought and put in that car is good.

Hmmm, can the ECU cause these codes too?
Re: Scan Information for my Jalopy Written Out! by PaulH07: 4:54pm On Oct 11, 2020
chukel:

Also how does one sort those out?
Re: Scan Information for my Jalopy Written Out! by alphaNomega: 4:55pm On Oct 11, 2020
Stop using 20W-50 oil Una no go hear

(1) (2) (Reply)

Biden Takes New Electric F-150 For A Test Drive: 'this Sucker's Quick' / You And Traffic Rules In Nigeria. / Help, Speedometer Not Reading (honda Pilot)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.