Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,706 members, 7,820,469 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

Help, Speedometer Not Reading (honda Pilot) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help, Speedometer Not Reading (honda Pilot) (1892 Views)

Speedometer Not Functioning .... / 4 Signs Of A Faulty Speedometer Sensor / The All New 2019 Honda Pilot Is Finally Here (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help, Speedometer Not Reading (honda Pilot) by johnnobles: 7:35am On Jul 21, 2021
Please engineer in the house I need your help on this matter. I just bought a naija used Honda pilot 04 and noticed the speedometer is not working. I was directed to a rewire who then told me that the car was originally a four wheeler and has been converted to a two wheel drive. And that I have to put back the propeller, shaft and the back sensor's for the speedometer to run. Please guys do you think he made sense?can I just be driving the mob without speedometer, any negative effect? Any engineer in the house to proffer any possible solution?
Re: Help, Speedometer Not Reading (honda Pilot) by b3llo(m): 8:14am On Jul 21, 2021
I use a Peugeot 307 without a functional Speedometer n my gear display isn't functioning as well. Though it is strictly for city drive n I don't feel bothered. Let's gurus in the house speak.

Cc
Heavenlybangs
Gazzuzz
Re: Help, Speedometer Not Reading (honda Pilot) by autologic: 8:47am On Jul 21, 2021
johnnobles:
Please engineer in the house I need your help on this matter. I just bought a naija used Honda pilot 04 and noticed the speedometer is not working. I was directed to a rewire who then told me that the car was originally a four wheeler and has been converted to a two wheel drive. And that I have to put back the propeller, shaft and the back sensor's for the speedometer to run. Please guys do you think he made sense?can I just be driving the mob without speedometer, any negative effect? Any engineer in the house to proffer any possible solution?
According to the design of that vehicle model,the input signal to the speedometer readout is the VSS (vehicle speed sensor) located around the transmission assembly doesn't have to do wether the 4wheel drive is available or not .
Responsibility of a good technician is to have done all his homework to confirm the integrity of all signal around that circuitry and even confirm the instrument cluster module to make the right call .
U will need to look out for technician that can do thorough troubleshooting to find the culprit .
Referring to question of if it ok to be driving with speedometer not working : it depends solely on others signal that might be affected and not visible to u in the course of loss of speedometer signal .
Accurate answer depend on outcome of troubleshooting.

1 Like

Re: Help, Speedometer Not Reading (honda Pilot) by johnnobles: 12:52pm On Jul 21, 2021
autologic:

According to the design of that vehicle model,the input signal to the speedometer readout is the VSS (vehicle speed sensor) located around the transmission assembly doesn't have to do wether the 4wheel drive is available or not .
Responsibility of a good technician is to have done all his homework to confirm the integrity of all signal around that circuitry and even confirm the instrument cluster module to make the right call .
Am quite happy with this response. Please is the vss sensor the one located on the engine area because the technician told me that one is bad. How many vss sensor do we have please
U will need to look out for technician that can do thorough troubleshooting to find the culprit .
Referring to question of if it ok to be driving with speedometer not working : it depends solely on others signal that might be affected and not visible to u in the course of loss of speedometer signal .
Re: Help, Speedometer Not Reading (honda Pilot) by johnnobles: 12:55pm On Jul 21, 2021
autologic:

Am quite happy with this response. Please is the vss sensor the one located on the engine area because the technician told me that one is bad. How many vss sensor do we have please
Re: Help, Speedometer Not Reading (honda Pilot) by johnnobles: 12:56pm On Jul 21, 2021
b3llo:
I use a Peugeot 307 without a functional Speedometer n my gear display isn't functioning as well. Though it is strictly for city drive n I don't feel bothered. Let's gurus in the house speak.
Thanks very much Bros, am encouraged
Cc
Heavenlybangs
Gazzuzz
Re: Help, Speedometer Not Reading (honda Pilot) by johnnobles: 12:58pm On Jul 21, 2021
More comments please
Re: Help, Speedometer Not Reading (honda Pilot) by MOTIONTECH(m): 3:20pm On Jul 21, 2021
johnnobles:

The VSS is usually inserted into the transmission with its connector sticking out.
Re: Help, Speedometer Not Reading (honda Pilot) by johnnobles: 3:46pm On Jul 21, 2021
MOTIONTECH:
The VSS is usually inserted into the transmission with its connector sticking out.
Thanks bro
Re: Help, Speedometer Not Reading (honda Pilot) by johnnobles: 3:14pm On Jul 23, 2021
Still same news after changing the vss. Please any good engineer in the house. I need help o
Re: Help, Speedometer Not Reading (honda Pilot) by alphaNomega: 3:51pm On Jul 23, 2021
What city are you? There should be someone good in fixing Honda's
Re: Help, Speedometer Not Reading (honda Pilot) by johnnobles: 8:23pm On Jul 23, 2021
alphaNomega:
What city are you? There should be someone good in fixing Honda's
I live in Sango otta. The guys here are filled with guess work. Kindly recommend for me if you have any
Re: Help, Speedometer Not Reading (honda Pilot) by Naijabazeline: 4:22am On Jul 24, 2021
It once’s happened to me, check the Both ABS sensor in the front tire one or both is bad, do that it will be fine
Re: Help, Speedometer Not Reading (honda Pilot) by diportivo: 9:28pm On Jul 24, 2021
just in case

I av the propeller and transfer case for shaking money grin
Re: Help, Speedometer Not Reading (honda Pilot) by Cokahot: 7:20am On Jul 25, 2021
Remove the acceletor sensor switch,clean it,blow It and fix it back. It could be dirt or dust clogged into it
Re: Help, Speedometer Not Reading (honda Pilot) by Dozieson(m): 9:14am On Jul 25, 2021
Please get the history from the previous owner
Re: Help, Speedometer Not Reading (honda Pilot) by johnnobles: 7:46pm On Jul 25, 2021
Thanks guys am honored. Am still on it. Thanks
Re: Help, Speedometer Not Reading (honda Pilot) by weyreypey: 8:52pm On Jul 25, 2021
diportivo:
just in case

I av the propeller and transfer case for shaking money grin
j
You don dey burcher Honda pilot?
Re: Help, Speedometer Not Reading (honda Pilot) by diportivo: 9:09pm On Jul 25, 2021
weyreypey:
j
You don dey burcher Honda pilot?

one road no enter market guy grin
Re: Help, Speedometer Not Reading (honda Pilot) by iykecollins1(m): 9:49pm On Jul 25, 2021
They is a sensor u need to change or refix
Re: Help, Speedometer Not Reading (honda Pilot) by scottyoloye(m): 11:23pm On Jul 25, 2021
It's the speed sensor; regardless of the fact that it might be originally a 4wd SUV, only one of the four sensors is responsible for the speedometer output.
Let your mechanic or electrician check for shorts in the speed sensors' circuit. He should have the vehicle scanned thoroughly, when I say thoroughly, I mean he should explore the "data stream" option on the diagnostic scanner and see which wheel is not sending output signals.
This is only the first step to troubleshooting as the speedometer's motherboard could be dysfunctional as well
Re: Help, Speedometer Not Reading (honda Pilot) by diportivo: 1:54am On Jul 26, 2021
scottyoloye:
It's the speed sensor; regardless of the fact that it might be originally a 4wd SUV, only one of the four sensors is responsible for the speedometer output.
Let your mechanic or electrician check for shorts in the speed sensors' circuit.He should have the vehicle scanned thoroughly, when I say thoroughly, I mean he should explore the "data stream" option on the diagnostic scanner and see which wheel is not sending output signals.
This is only the first step to troubleshooting as the speedometer's motherboard could be dysfunctional as well

johnnobles:

I live in Sango otta. The guys here are filled with guess work. Kindly recommend for me if you have any

Re: Help, Speedometer Not Reading (honda Pilot) by scottyoloye(m): 11:43am On Jul 26, 2021
I live far from there
Re: Help, Speedometer Not Reading (honda Pilot) by Itulah(m): 3:55pm On Jul 27, 2021
b3llo:

Your front wheel driver side ABS speed sensor need replacement. You can buy and fix at 6k only.
Re: Help, Speedometer Not Reading (honda Pilot) by b3llo(m): 5:17pm On Jul 27, 2021
Itulah:

Your front wheel driver side ABS speed sensor need replacement. You can buy and fix at 6k only.
Thanks boss. The ABS warning light is on. I will fix it ASAP

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

UK Used Portable Car Jumpstarter / Camry 2.4L Grade 1 Tokunbo Engine / The Gallant BMW 7 Series.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.