Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,376 members, 7,853,673 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 09:23 PM

Risk Of Engaging Estate Agents Without A Lawyer. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Risk Of Engaging Estate Agents Without A Lawyer. (171 Views)

Whatsapp Group For Real Estate Agents / About The Association Of Estate Agents In Nigeria (AEAN) / Top Lies Told By Real Estate Agents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Risk Of Engaging Estate Agents Without A Lawyer. by Treash(m): 9:01pm On Oct 07, 2020
Once again, my trust for agent just reduced by one bar. Land/estate agents should learn to be professional. Estate work isn't about just looking for buyers or seller. It goes into competence; most agents are not competent at all.

I requested for a property on a platform on behalf of a client who already had a fixed budget of #6M and a supposed indirect agent called to show its availability though #8M but could be negotiable to #6M. Meetings were arranged and I took my clients to the site with the assurance that the seller was around to meet us according to the agent's affirmation, unfortunately he was absent. We were dragged frm Lagos to Ogun State again the next day to meet the seller according to the agent affirmation, unfortunately absent. The straws that broke the camel's back occured when the real representative of the seller showed up that he never gave the agent #6M but #10M. Secondly, the agent alleged that the tenants in possession have been served notices but the seller's representative denied same. Thirdly, the seller didn't show up according to the agent's affirmation. Fourthly, the two tenants in possession denied everyone access to the premises.

It takes professionalism, accuracy and integrity to engage in real estate business. Learn to engage a legal practitioner before you pay. Learn to ascertain the antecedence of whoever you're engaging for any transaction.

Barr Adeolu Ayo Aderinto
Re: Risk Of Engaging Estate Agents Without A Lawyer. by Treash(m): 12:51am On Oct 08, 2020
Call us

(1) (Reply)

Fast Selling Now : A & A Towers In Eko Atlantic City. Lagos Nigeria / Architectural Designs At Affordable Prices / 1 Plot Of Land For Sale In Road 10, Ngozika Estate Awka: The Best Estate In Awka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.