Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,276 members, 7,818,936 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

What's The Story/inspiration Behind Your Nairaland Moniker? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What's The Story/inspiration Behind Your Nairaland Moniker? (332 Views)

History: The Story Of Otokoto Money Ritual Killings Of 1996. / Make Money With Your Nairaland Posts / Did You Also Notice This On Your Nairaland Profile? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Story/inspiration Behind Your Nairaland Moniker? by Vulcanheph(m): 6:16am On Oct 08, 2020
Nairaland is known in Nigeria and all over the world for many things & one of these is the fact that all registered members use a Nickname or moniker that they use whenever he/she is online and throughout my time here i've come across many monikers ranging from the plain ones to the bizzare, And i've often wondered why many people choosed the moniker they use & i will like Nairalanders to tell share why the came up with their Various monikers.....here is why i use mine.

Vulcanheph: Ever since i was in secondary school i've always been fascinated By greek mythologies due to movies like "clash of the titans", "hercules" & "immortals" & one thing i found out is that The greek god called HEPHAESTUS or VULCAN by the romans is the most underrated amongst the whole olympians, he was known to be the god of fire, metalsmithing, Crafts, Masonry etc, and it is known that he created the weapons of the other gods , yet despite all these he is hardly ever recognised mainly due to the fact that he is Ugly and deformed.
Re: What's The Story/inspiration Behind Your Nairaland Moniker? by obawinner(m): 6:18am On Oct 08, 2020
I wanted to be a winner in my sphere, so I shoot beyond the sky by saying I'm the king of winner.
I'm Obawinner.

1 Like

Re: What's The Story/inspiration Behind Your Nairaland Moniker? by Nobody: 6:24am On Oct 08, 2020
Well, the name should have been tade kun keepcalm but it was too long so I removed the u. Tade—my name. Kun is a Japanese honorific (I was big on anime back then). Then the keepcalm came about due to my childish thoughts back then. I wanted to always attach this "keep calm and ..." Image to every single post of mine because I thought it would make me look cool and popular. Like I said, I was childish then. It's much like how some kids here say "dammmmn nigggg isorright" in every post, or "so unsophisticated" or "Incase you don't...*some trash*" because they think it makes them unique and cool.
But they will outgrow it. That, I'm sure of
Re: What's The Story/inspiration Behind Your Nairaland Moniker? by Vulcanheph(m): 6:27am On Oct 08, 2020
CONTINUED

Despite all This his achievements amongst both gods and mortals are numerous , one of his many roles also involved being the Craftsman of the gods , he is also known to be the god of volcanoes ( hence his roman name VULCAN), few other stories are concerned with him ranging from his bad relationship with his parents ZEUS And HERA, his failed marriage to APHRODITE the goddess of beauty etc and despite being the maker of weapons of war he was known to be a very Quiet and peaceful guy......so that's the story behind my moniker feel free to share yours.
Re: What's The Story/inspiration Behind Your Nairaland Moniker? by Kpomosauce: 7:20am On Oct 08, 2020
grin
Re: What's The Story/inspiration Behind Your Nairaland Moniker? by Nobody: 8:25am On Oct 08, 2020
Tadeknkeepcalm:
Well, the name should have been tade kun keepcalm but it was too long so I removed the u. Tade—my name. Kun is a Japanese honorific (I was big on anime back then). Then the keepcalm came about due to my childish thoughts back then. I wanted to always attach this "keep calm and ..." Image to every single post of mine because I thought it would make me look cool and popular. Like I said, I was childish then. It's much like how some kids here say "dammmmn nigggg isorright" in every post, or "so unsophisticated" or "Incase you don't...*some trash*" because they think it makes them unique and cool.
But they will outgrow it. That, I'm sure of
Lol i also got the inspiration for my moniker from animie...Particularly From the Naruto series.. Chidorx60 is actually shot for Chidori...Sasuke's signature move...the x60 was just to add flavour to the name.....buh I don't watch anime that much again and I'm beginning to wish I had a more matured moniker..
Re: What's The Story/inspiration Behind Your Nairaland Moniker? by Nobody: 8:40am On Oct 08, 2020
Mansakhalifa...

Funny enough, many fools here think I am a Muslim because they believe that's actually my name. Shows how smart a lot of Nairalanders actually are. smiley

The inspiration behind my moniker actually comes from the maddest emperor or Mansa of the defunct Malian empire.

His name was Mansa Khalifa(r. 1274-75). He had a habit of firing arrows at his own subjects from a rooftop as a form of sport.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khalifa_(mansa)

But then, maybe I should have chosen Mansa Sakoura for my nairaland nick/moniker... sad I think I prefer the way he died.

I really messed up.

1 Like

Re: What's The Story/inspiration Behind Your Nairaland Moniker? by Nobody: 8:45am On Oct 08, 2020
Chidorx60:

Lol i also got the inspiration for my moniker from animie...Particularly From the Naruto series.. Chidorx60 is actually shot for Chidori...Sasuke's signature move...the x60 was just to add flavour to the name.....buh I don't watch anime that much again and I'm beginning to wish I had a more matured moniker..
At least it's not your official email address cheesy
Re: What's The Story/inspiration Behind Your Nairaland Moniker? by Nobody: 8:48am On Oct 08, 2020
Tadeknkeepcalm:

At least it's not your official email address cheesy
Lol of course not
Re: What's The Story/inspiration Behind Your Nairaland Moniker? by TheEnygma(m): 3:29pm On Oct 08, 2020
I know most Nairalanders won't comment because they don't want to expose themselves.... gringringrin

(1) (Reply)

Zero Data Charge On Educational Websites – FG Considers Policy / ASUU: FG Agrees To Pay N30bn Earned Allowance / Coursehero, Scribd And Bartleby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.