Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,365 members, 7,826,436 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

Lagos Assembly Speaker, Obasa, In EFCC Office Over Misappropriation Of Funds - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Assembly Speaker, Obasa, In EFCC Office Over Misappropriation Of Funds (19225 Views)

Controversy Surrounds Odumakin's Burial Over Misappropriation Of ₦7.9 Million / EFCC Detains 16 Kwara LG Chairmen Over Misappropriation Of Public Funds / Ayo Fayose Arrives EFCC Office (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Assembly Speaker, Obasa, In EFCC Office Over Misappropriation Of Funds by Kwanza: 11:49am On Oct 08, 2020
Earlier thread;
https://www.nairaland.com/5877642/obasa-64-bank-accounts-linked#89878603

Lagos Assembly Speaker, Obasa, In EFCC Office Over Misappropriation Of Public Funds

Speaker of the Lagos State House of Assembly, Mudashiru Obasa, is currently at the office of Economic and Financial Crimes Commission for questioning over allegations of financial misappropriation.

SaharaReporters had on Wednesday reported that Obasa and some top members and accounting officials in the Lagos Assembly had been invited by the EFCC for questioning.

Obasa, who is a stooge of ex-Lagos governor, Bola Tinubu, arrived at EFCC's office at about 10:00am today.

SaharaReporters had in series of reports detailed how Obasa had engaged in looting of public funds since he became Speaker of the Assembly.

The online news publication revealed how he operated over 64 bank accounts using different names to steal public funds.

To conceal his identity, the Speaker changed his name and date of birth in some of the accounts.

Aside from using Ajayi Mudashiru Obasa, he also used Obasa Abdulrahman Gbadunola and Gabriel Adedoyin Savage to register some of the bank accounts.

SaharaReporters also exposed how Obasa awarded contracts to himself using different companies owned by him and how he got the Assembly to approve N258m for the printing of invitation cards for the inauguration of lawmakers two months after the event held.

http://saharareporters.com/2020/10/08/breaking-lagos-assembly-speaker-obasa-efcc-office-over-misappropriation-public-funds

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Assembly Speaker, Obasa, In EFCC Office Over Misappropriation Of Funds by SARSUPDATE: 11:54am On Oct 08, 2020
Nice one...I will torment this politicians back to back as from today. I need people to be part of the team.

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos Assembly Speaker, Obasa, In EFCC Office Over Misappropriation Of Funds by GOATandYAMtheory: 11:56am On Oct 08, 2020
SaharaReporters also exposed how Obasa awarded contracts to himself using different companies owned by him and how he got the Assembly to approve N258m for the printing of invitation cards for the inauguration of lawmakers two months after the event held.

This is madness

There is an urgent need for us to borrow some laws from North Korea

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Assembly Speaker, Obasa, In EFCC Office Over Misappropriation Of Funds by Racoon(m): 12:01pm On Oct 08, 2020
Humn! Finally EFCC have mustered courage? The reckless Agege man and servant of the bullion van man.Thought the shameless LAHA passed a vote of confidence on Obasa despite the corruption revelations back then?

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Assembly Speaker, Obasa, In EFCC Office Over Misappropriation Of Funds by LosC: 12:01pm On Oct 08, 2020
[s]
SARSUPDATE:
Nice one...I will torment this politicians back to back as from today. I need people to be part of the team.
[/s]
Re: Lagos Assembly Speaker, Obasa, In EFCC Office Over Misappropriation Of Funds by LosC: 12:01pm On Oct 08, 2020
Racoon:
Humn! Finally EFCC have muster courage?

It's just politics.
Tinbubu will never allow that to happen his Son

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Assembly Speaker, Obasa, In EFCC Office Over Misappropriation Of Funds by Queenlovely(f): 12:01pm On Oct 08, 2020
he is tinubu boy,

jagaban will protect his own, unless he don shit for church.

I was in Calgary before the pandemic and I bumped into the senator, we greeted and I introduced myself, the man almost use his baseball cap to wipe my feet. Yoruba and humble.

in this world when you are powerful behave powerless, rich pretend, never overestimate your self, when you are weak give the impression of strength. it has saved me all lot

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Assembly Speaker, Obasa, In EFCC Office Over Misappropriation Of Funds by skywall: 12:01pm On Oct 08, 2020
Lol...catch them one by one

Check my sig
Re: Lagos Assembly Speaker, Obasa, In EFCC Office Over Misappropriation Of Funds by GallantDuke(m): 12:01pm On Oct 08, 2020
He will soon be released

I trust BAT he will allow him to be jailed but I thought he has immunity as a public office holder?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Assembly Speaker, Obasa, In EFCC Office Over Misappropriation Of Funds by ERockson: 12:02pm On Oct 08, 2020
Untouchable set of thiefs. Nothing will happen to him as usual

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Assembly Speaker, Obasa, In EFCC Office Over Misappropriation Of Funds by Nobody: 12:02pm On Oct 08, 2020
Jail the BST

With his head like buns

Selfish criminals representing us.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Assembly Speaker, Obasa, In EFCC Office Over Misappropriation Of Funds by Racoon(m): 12:02pm On Oct 08, 2020
LosC:
It's just politics.
Tinbubu will never allow that to happen to his son
So how come EFCC is inviting him now and not when the endless evidence of corruption sleaze were being exposed sometime back? Fingers crossed anyway.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Assembly Speaker, Obasa, In EFCC Office Over Misappropriation Of Funds by merits(m): 12:02pm On Oct 08, 2020
G

1 Like

Re: Lagos Assembly Speaker, Obasa, In EFCC Office Over Misappropriation Of Funds by DennisEche(m): 12:02pm On Oct 08, 2020
NICE AND GOOD WAY TO START . THE BULLION VAN MAN IS NEXT

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Assembly Speaker, Obasa, In EFCC Office Over Misappropriation Of Funds by Nobody: 12:03pm On Oct 08, 2020
When will tinubu the Oga kpata kpata be called.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Assembly Speaker, Obasa, In EFCC Office Over Misappropriation Of Funds by AGNESikpuNNU(f): 12:03pm On Oct 08, 2020
Summarily execute him ... Illiterate criminals stressing the poor country.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Assembly Speaker, Obasa, In EFCC Office Over Misappropriation Of Funds by GallantDuke(m): 12:03pm On Oct 08, 2020
Queenlovely:
d
Which one is "d" again?
Re: Lagos Assembly Speaker, Obasa, In EFCC Office Over Misappropriation Of Funds by Judolisco(m): 12:03pm On Oct 08, 2020
Arbi obasa don offend efcc Bullion van chairman ni

1 Like

Re: Lagos Assembly Speaker, Obasa, In EFCC Office Over Misappropriation Of Funds by PapaBaby: 12:03pm On Oct 08, 2020
This is just a ruse because Obasa is a front for thief Nubu

1 Like

Re: Lagos Assembly Speaker, Obasa, In EFCC Office Over Misappropriation Of Funds by Eryyy92: 12:04pm On Oct 08, 2020
The Yoruba slave master go soon react.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Assembly Speaker, Obasa, In EFCC Office Over Misappropriation Of Funds by jacoik(m): 12:04pm On Oct 08, 2020
please when are they jailling him
Re: Lagos Assembly Speaker, Obasa, In EFCC Office Over Misappropriation Of Funds by F117nighthawk: 12:04pm On Oct 08, 2020
Wetin go come out of it? Nothing as usual, the normal noise and the needful will be done, and the case will be over grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Assembly Speaker, Obasa, In EFCC Office Over Misappropriation Of Funds by rowosky(m): 12:05pm On Oct 08, 2020
Nice one.
This man is shamelessly corrupt.
Savage Mode 2 is Fire by the way.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Assembly Speaker, Obasa, In EFCC Office Over Misappropriation Of Funds by OBAGADAFFI: 12:05pm On Oct 08, 2020
grin
Re: Lagos Assembly Speaker, Obasa, In EFCC Office Over Misappropriation Of Funds by mivicssmith: 12:05pm On Oct 08, 2020
Nah 2day EFCC dey call ham! Person wey go give them their cut. I'm sure he's sleeping in his home tonight. Kalo Kalo government

1 Like

Re: Lagos Assembly Speaker, Obasa, In EFCC Office Over Misappropriation Of Funds by LosC: 12:06pm On Oct 08, 2020
Racoon:

So how come EFCC is inviting him now and not when the endless evidence of corruption sleaze were being exposed sometime back? Fingers crossed anyway.

Forget about this. It'll be resolved.
It's just a strategy. EFCC or court order will clear the charges levelled against him

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Assembly Speaker, Obasa, In EFCC Office Over Misappropriation Of Funds by Queenlovely(f): 12:06pm On Oct 08, 2020
GallantDuke:
Which one is "d" again?
dog

1 Like

Re: Lagos Assembly Speaker, Obasa, In EFCC Office Over Misappropriation Of Funds by fergie001: 12:07pm On Oct 08, 2020
GallantDuke:
He will soon be released

I trust BAT he will allow him to be jailed but I thought he has immunity as a public office holder?
Only President, VP, Governor, Deputy Governor

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shehu Sani Advises Yusuf Bichi, DSS Boss: “Use Gloves When Shaking Politicians” / Kogi Pays, Begins Site Clearing, To Deliver Ganaja Flyover Project This Year / Keyamo: In Areas Buhari's Government Did Well, Tinubu Will Continue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.