Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

I Need Help Signing Into My Device. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Need Help Signing Into My Device. (508 Views)

My Device Is Taking Me Back To 80 When I Take Pics With It. / 7 Reasons Why I Uninstalled WhatsApp From My Device, And You Should Too / Do I Have Any Risk Of Brick/data Loss If I Flash TWRP To My Device Using PC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help Signing Into My Device. by Johnny19: 3:16pm On Oct 08, 2020
I bought a Samsung S8 device yesterday at computer village and although I knew it wasn't new I didn't know that it was stolen until I tried signing into my google account and I was told to input the details of the other account that was previously signed into the account. Then it dawned on me that thew device might be stolen. Any way out of this guys?
Re: I Need Help Signing Into My Device. by Protein0: 3:47pm On Oct 08, 2020
Johnny19:
I bought a Samsung S8 device yesterday at computer village and although I knew it wasn't new I didn't know that it was stolen until I tried signing into my google account and I was told to input the details of the other account that was previously signed into the account. Then it dawned on me that thew device might be stolen. Any way out of this guys?
Take it back to the seller na or was it a roadside CV thingy?
Re: I Need Help Signing Into My Device. by SweetBuns(f): 4:04pm On Oct 08, 2020
It might not be stolen and it also might be stolen.

It might not be stolen on the fact that the motherboard of the device was brought from a different damaged S8 with that google account already logged on it(happens in refurbished phones from China a lot) and the phone is just a rag tag assembly of various S8 units. This is possible if you bought it from show glass sellers

It might be stolen on the fact that it was taken from the real owner and sold to you. I pray yyou didn't buy it from those roadside guys. If not, you're in for a long ride...

Quickly report to the shop if it wasn't a roadside hustler OR risk going to jail.
Stop sleeping on the bicycle and take action NOW

2 Likes

Re: I Need Help Signing Into My Device. by fuckboys: 4:06pm On Oct 08, 2020
You'll don't give this dude advice, he's the thief!!
Re: I Need Help Signing Into My Device. by Johnny19: 4:30pm On Oct 08, 2020
Protein0:

Take it back to the seller na or was it a roadside CV thingy?

That was my first time there. I doubt I'd be able to recognize the place I got it from
Re: I Need Help Signing Into My Device. by Johnny19: 4:33pm On Oct 08, 2020
fuckboys:
You'll don't give this dude advice, he's the thief!!

If for instance I stole the phone will I come to NL of all places looking for help Not everyone in need of these kind of advice is a thief. Let's be guided.

3 Likes

Re: I Need Help Signing Into My Device. by Johnny19: 4:34pm On Oct 08, 2020
SweetBuns:
It might not be stolen and it also might be stolen.

It might not be stolen on the fact that the motherboard of the device was brought from a different damaged S8 with that google account already logged on it(happens in refurbished phones from China a lot) and the phone is just a rag tag assembly of various S8 units. This is possible if you bought it from show glass sellers

It might be stolen on the fact that it was taken from the real owner and sold to you. I pray yyou didn't buy it from those roadside guys. If not, you're in for a long ride...

Quickly report to the shop if it wasn't a roadside hustler OR risk going to jail.
Stop sleeping on the bicycle and take action NOW

It wasn't a roadside buy but like I said I doubt I'd be able to remember the exact shop. That was my first time there.
Re: I Need Help Signing Into My Device. by Strika22(m): 6:23pm On Oct 08, 2020
Johnny19:
It may not have been stolen. The likely outcome might be that when the previous owner sold it, they forgot to inform him to logout his account. Take it back, they will change it for you if it wasn’t stolen.
You can contact me anytime you need a phone. I sell too at computer village
Re: I Need Help Signing Into My Device. by Johnny19: 6:24pm On Oct 08, 2020
Strika22:

It may not have been stolen. The likely outcome might be that when the previous owner sold it, they forgot to inform him to logout his account. Take it back, they will change it for you if it wasn’t stolen.
You can contact me anytime you need a phone. I sell too at computer village

That's the problem too boss. I can't remember the shop I bought it from. That's my first time at computer village.
Re: I Need Help Signing Into My Device. by Strika22(m): 6:25pm On Oct 08, 2020
Johnny19:

It wasn't a roadside buy but like I said I doubt I'd be able to remember the exact shop. That was my first time there.
I hope you collected a receipt. You can trace the shop with the address on it.
Re: I Need Help Signing Into My Device. by Strika22(m): 6:26pm On Oct 08, 2020
Johnny19:

That's the problem too boss. I can't remember the shop I bought it from. That's my first time at computer village.
What’s the address on the receipt. I could help you trace the shop.
Re: I Need Help Signing Into My Device. by SweetBuns(f): 6:31pm On Oct 08, 2020
If you cannot produce the receipt then you're either the thief himself or were foolhardy enough to get second hand device without solid proof of transaction.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Help Signing Into My Device. by Johnny19: 6:33pm On Oct 08, 2020
Strika22:

I hope you collected a receipt. You can trace the shop with the address on it.

Bros if I tell you I didn't will I be lying? I was carried away by the price 53k maybe.
Re: I Need Help Signing Into My Device. by Johnny19: 6:33pm On Oct 08, 2020
SweetBuns:
If you cannot produce the receipt then you're either the thief himself or were foolhardy enough to get second hand receipt without solid proof of transaction.

Ouch!! That was below the belt nau
Re: I Need Help Signing Into My Device. by Strika22(m): 6:39pm On Oct 08, 2020
Johnny19:

Bros if I tell you I didn't will I be lying? I was carried away by the price 53k maybe.
That price was too cheap for S8. It’s Possible they knew about it or it was stolen, it explains why they didn’t even insist on giving you a receipt. A Legit seller would have insisted on issuing a receipt even if you forgot. At this point, there’s nothing you can do because you don’t have an evidence of the transaction with the said Shop. If you eventually trace the shop, they may likely deny you.
Re: I Need Help Signing Into My Device. by Johnny19: 6:48pm On Oct 08, 2020
Strika22:

That price was too cheap for S8. It’s Possible they knew about it or it was stolen, it explains why they didn’t even insist on giving you a receipt. A Legit seller would have insisted on issuing a receipt even if you forgot. At this point, there’s nothing you can do because you don’t have an evidence of the transaction with the said Shop. If you eventually trace the shop, they may likely deny you.

So in a nutshell my money is gone right?
Re: I Need Help Signing Into My Device. by Strika22(m): 7:29pm On Oct 08, 2020
Johnny19:

So in a nutshell my money is gone right?
Good as gone.
Re: I Need Help Signing Into My Device. by Toma2: 7:33pm On Oct 08, 2020
Johnny19:

Dem no give you receipt??
Re: I Need Help Signing Into My Device. by Toma2: 7:35pm On Oct 08, 2020
Johnny19:

Show us the receipt if you actually got it from a shop
Re: I Need Help Signing Into My Device. by Toma2: 7:36pm On Oct 08, 2020
Strika22:

No mind the OP.. he knows about the phone
Re: I Need Help Signing Into My Device. by SweetBuns(f): 11:55pm On Oct 09, 2020
This OP is either the thief or knows something about the theft.

i cant believe i gave this one advice

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

In Need Of A Low Budget Phone / Samsung TAB With S-pen Needed Urgently / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.