Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

60 Years: Are We Really For Nigeria? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 60 Years: Are We Really For Nigeria? (10298 Views)

Those Who Nearly Killed Nigeria In 16 Years Are Now Criticising My Effort-Buhari / 40MW Dadin-Kowa Hydro-Power Ready For Inauguration, 60 Years After / Charlie Boy 68, Tinubu 67 Years. Are You Saying Charlie Boy Is Older? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 60 Years: Are We Really For Nigeria? by notoriousbabe: 9:36am On Oct 09, 2020
ItrendNaija:
It's the only country we have, we got no choice but to stand with Naija
see as I dey look you. If no be sey I dey respect you I for talk sey you be zombie
Re: 60 Years: Are We Really For Nigeria? by jessedaflow: 9:36am On Oct 09, 2020
Shame on you, if u still believe this shithole will work again... useless country.

1 Like

Re: 60 Years: Are We Really For Nigeria? by Nchenches: 9:46am On Oct 09, 2020
Abiodunspectre:
This past week buzzed with activities and stories to commemorate the country’s Independence Day anniversary. While some of these were quite celebratory, some seemed more despondent and pained.

The 60th anniversary has brought with it some nostalgic desires for the glory days and a celebration of victory milestones, as well as an awareness that Nigeria’s present is a far cry from its much-anticipated great future.

Some Nigerians took to Twitter to air grievances, complaining about the poor state of the country, generally. Others, although not very positive in their remarks, made it clear that rising up to take responsibility, especially when the leaders will not, rests with the true Nigerian

Nigeria is the sum of all its people’s actions and inactions. If we blame Nigeria for failing, we are blaming ourselves and showing to the world that we have failed. Ordinarily, we place the faults with the leaders, forgetting that the people make the leadership because each one is selected from within. We forget that the real power resides with the citizens who vote the leaders into power and, by that choice, we decide to continue to allow the misconducts to happen.

What do we contribute to the bigger picture of the Nigerian dream?

Everything!

We must decide to commit to building our nation, knowing that we are fully for what becomes.

Nigeria remains our home. We are and will remain Nigerians no matter where we live. Why not make a conscious decision to take a stand for growth and development into the great nation that we are. Let’s stand against the choices that make us less than we are. Let’s side with Nigeria.

Some posts from Twitter during the anniversary week

Who hate Nigeria worse are the fools who don’t understand that 3 regions formed Nigeria at independence, but the way too many states were created in northern region has made continuation of Nigeria impossible; because the political structure now makes the two southern regions politically impotent.

1 Like

Re: 60 Years: Are We Really For Nigeria? by Nchenches: 9:49am On Oct 09, 2020
jessedaflow:
Shame on you, if u still believe this shithole will work again... useless country.

They don’t know how the political structure made Nigeria a shithole. Leave them till their mums’ hearths are taken from their mums by insurgents and crafters of Islamic Sharia Republic of Nigeria.
Re: 60 Years: Are We Really For Nigeria? by SeriouslySense(m): 10:17am On Oct 09, 2020
The things you should know about Nigeria

1) its has no regards for its people, treats them like slaves, and creatures with no intelligence.

2) its encourages perpetual suffering, even when the solutions are working in other parts of the world

3) its a dream killer.

4) Its like a zoo, for all kinds of animals, anything goes.

5) Its a land with people of low humanity and intelligence, no love to themselves

6) its was born out of exploitation, even the name is coined out of Nigga.

So, with this environment, it is expected that nothing will stay positive for long, since confusion, ignorance, and inhumanity will over ride all positive efforts, the anwser to the country is very obvious, all to his tents

1 Like

Re: 60 Years: Are We Really For Nigeria? by osazuwa23: 11:16am On Oct 09, 2020
I live in America but I really want to see that region develop because there no reason why we can’t turn are country into Rwanda or America. I am really sick of living in this oyigbo country where culture family life is nonexistent . Africa was put on this earth for a reason for black to prosper We as Nigerians and Africans need to wake up because the black race is suffering and smilling. I am 25 but hopefully in my lifetime I can witness United States of Africa
Abiodunspectre:
This past week buzzed with activities and stories to commemorate the country’s Independence Day anniversary. While some of these were quite celebratory, some seemed more despondent and pained.

The 60th anniversary has brought with it some nostalgic desires for the glory days and a celebration of victory milestones, as well as an awareness that Nigeria’s present is a far cry from its much-anticipated great future.

Some Nigerians took to Twitter to air grievances, complaining about the poor state of the country, generally. Others, although not very positive in their remarks, made it clear that rising up to take responsibility, especially when the leaders will not, rests with the true Nigerian

Nigeria is the sum of all its people’s actions and inactions. If we blame Nigeria for failing, we are blaming ourselves and showing to the world that we have failed. Ordinarily, we place the faults with the leaders, forgetting that the people make the leadership because each one is selected from within. We forget that the real power resides with the citizens who vote the leaders into power and, by that choice, we decide to continue to allow the misconducts to happen.

What do we contribute to the bigger picture of the Nigerian dream?

Everything!

We must decide to commit to building our nation, knowing that we are fully for what becomes.

Nigeria remains our home. We are and will remain Nigerians no matter where we live. Why not make a conscious decision to take a stand for growth and development into the great nation that we are. Let’s stand against the choices that make us less than we are. Let’s side with Nigeria.

Some posts from Twitter during the anniversary week
Re: 60 Years: Are We Really For Nigeria? by osazuwa23: 11:20am On Oct 09, 2020
America is diverse it working look at Rwanda they had a war and it working I wonder why Nigeria can’t function
BigSarah:
I don't want to sound like a pessimist or a cynic, but if you think there's a SOLUTION to NIGERIA's PROBLEM, then you are part of the PROBLEM... This country is a taste less mash up, like an amateurish Dj Mixtape... Look at what all your so called nationalists(i call them Tribalists) represents , Y'all can't function together, y'all shouldn't have been together in the first place and it irks me for what reason you chose to remain together... Unity in Diversity? Together at 60? Come on that's what some one stunningly delirious would say.... But no Hatred, Care and Respect all
Re: 60 Years: Are We Really For Nigeria? by osazuwa23: 11:25am On Oct 09, 2020
It crazy because when I went to Nigeria a Nigerian was shocked that I wear my sealtbelt then hearing your post made me realize that Nigerian them self’s are the problem. Rule of law is non existent there
Fmghewzy:
Everyone is saying this and that, forgetting the fact that Nigeria is where it is today because of it's citizens.Note other countries are not where they are today only because of it's government (politicians).it's citizens played a major role.
Simple things like obeying rules and regulations are part of it.Unfortunatly most people in Nigeria don't,yet we somehow find ways to blame politicians alone, from adults to youths even children we all have a role to play if we want this country to develop
Re: 60 Years: Are We Really For Nigeria? by osazuwa23: 11:29am On Oct 09, 2020
Are system is so disorganized I wonder how and who going to plan a non violent succession. It beslavery again for an oyigbo to handle the same problem they led us into
Raydos:
To be sincere, one Nigeria can't work, We can keep decieving ourselves for the next 1billion years, The truth is we will never record any tangible progress!

Maybe it could have been better if Nigeria is only made up of only the southern part, But To be honest, the northern Nigeria are the major problem of Nigeria, Or let me put it this way!!

We're all the problem of nigeria but the northern Nigeria contribute atleast 70% to Nigeria problem!!

When others Region are obsessed with Development, Good governance, Electricity

The northern Nigeria is only concerned about her religion, Jihadist and bullsh!t The Fulani want dominance,, they don't give a sh!t about one Nigeria as long as they keep gaining ground and spreading their religion all over the place, It would have been better if they are using this same energy to make Nigeria a better country

The best solution that will favor every region now is secession, It's good to be in a country with people that you share the same ideas, culture with, There will be progress!!

There Truth is One nigeria can't work
Re: 60 Years: Are We Really For Nigeria? by EMMY76: 1:05pm On Oct 09, 2020
Any southerner still believing in one indivisible one nigeria with this unjust current structure is nothing but a slowpoke.
Re: 60 Years: Are We Really For Nigeria? by rrhostomy(m): 3:27pm On Oct 09, 2020
2cribz:
Everything about nigeria is scam,envy,hate. We dont love ourselves that's just the plain truth. We always wanna cheat eachother at every slight opportunity. We are all dark minded, everyone,even the best pastor.. as long as the blood in you is from nigeria,it only takes the grace of God. We are lost forever
What do you think can be done to reverse or averse this your 'We are lost forever' statement? ��
Re: 60 Years: Are We Really For Nigeria? by ItrendNaija(m): 3:31pm On Oct 09, 2020
notoriousbabe:
see as I dey look you. If no be sey I dey respect you I for talk sey you be zombie
Ojochide meh ebie da
Re: 60 Years: Are We Really For Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Oct 09, 2020
nateDZA:
undecided Scam Cuntry...can we break up already
He wishes prosperity so that he could also take from you, doesn't make sense.
Re: 60 Years: Are We Really For Nigeria? by Erojepromise(f): 4:06pm On Oct 09, 2020
I believe we as citizens contributed to the under development of the country by sitting and watching the country go to ruins with our nonchalant attitude ,the suffering and smiling syndrome has gotten to us that our leaders do as they like hereby taking us as fools with corruption eating deep in our system of government .change starts with us let's attack government for their incompetence by protests and let power be given to only fresh minded , intellectual sound and young candidates not those old retarded men with iIl health
Re: 60 Years: Are We Really For Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Oct 09, 2020
thatkindthing:
Truth is things are deteriorating quickly in the country, who knows, maybe the only reason Nigeria hasn't fallen apart totally is because of the few people who still very much believe and stand with the country.

The challenge with Nigeria is that the bad moves faster than the good. Negative develoments over-shadow the good developments too quickly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 60 Years: Are We Really For Nigeria? by Fmghewzy(m): 5:59pm On Oct 09, 2020
osazuwa23:
It crazy because when I went to Nigeria a Nigerian was shocked that I wear my sealtbelt then hearing your post made me realize that Nigerian them self’s are the problem. Rule of law is non existent there

Yeah that's what Nigerians fail to understand,the government is bleeped up but yet we could still do better as Citizens ,even if the government fails ,as Citizens doing the right thing helps a lot.
It's a pity if you do the right thing in Nigeria people see you as mumu .

Not jumping queues , obeying traffic signs,and many more even not littering public spaces,they see you as bolooo(dunce).The associate bads things to being smart.
Re: 60 Years: Are We Really For Nigeria? by Melaninprincess(f): 7:33pm On Oct 09, 2020
Nigeria is our home but we have a long way to go and a lot of work to be done by everyone.
Re: 60 Years: Are We Really For Nigeria? by showafrica(m): 7:40pm On Oct 09, 2020
Nigeria is gone... We are just existing.
Re: 60 Years: Are We Really For Nigeria? by VickyRotex(f): 8:22pm On Oct 09, 2020
notoriousbabe:
yinmu. Vickyrotex no believe this guy o

I believe him/her. angry
We will not lose hope. Naija will be great someday! And maybe sooner than anticipated.
Re: 60 Years: Are We Really For Nigeria? by LOVELYSKINZNEW(f): 8:44pm On Oct 09, 2020
God bless Nigeria
Re: 60 Years: Are We Really For Nigeria? by notoriousbabe: 12:37am On Oct 11, 2020
VickyRotex:

I believe him/her. angry
We will not lose hope. Naija will be great someday! And maybe sooner than anticipated.
yinmu

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Time For Heroes In Nigeria: Archbishop Justin Welby's Article In Thisday / PDP: Between Secondus, Udeh Okoye And The Truth - Tonye Barcanista / Okorocha: Buhari Has Promised To Take Up My EFCC Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.